• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Shinies: First ever, ones you want, have seen, or own

Well, it's not a shiny I personally caught, but someone else caught one for me legitly (Ruko to be exact) =)

So, my newest shiny is a Shiny female Shinx. I'll probably evolve both it and my shiny Geodude just for the hell of it, but for now both of them and my shiny Milotic have been dumped on my Pokemon Ranch :)

XD just like how I evolved my shiny geodude in leafgreen and because I'm so original, called it goldy ^^"

Anyway, I now have a shiny oddish and buneary! which makes me happy X3.

I don't know why they changed bellossoms orginal colours and made the original one a shiny instead because the other version looks way better, in my opinion.

Two days ago I was complaining to my friend how I had never caught any shiny pokemon in ruby, sapphire, or diamond. While he had seen a shiny nincada, wingull, and caught a shiny starly and graveler. Then last night I caught a shiny grimer in Sapphire, finally!!!

My sister once saw a Shiny Arbok walking backward through Victory Road. Had to kill it because she ran out of balls.

Her friend once saw a shiny Floatzel in the route before Canalave City, again, ran out of ballsand hd to kill it.

Shinies that I have, weell, I have a shiny Golem and a shiny starly, my brother saw a shiny Rhyhorn but failed to catch it(again, stupid Safari Zone). As for shinies

that I want, well, I really don't hunt for them. If I catch one, then yay me. I don't want any shinies in particular, but it's alway's a treat to catch one, even if I already

have the same one.

i've run into shiny gible in diamond. turned out to be adamant and now he's my best pokemon. and i caught shiny steelix in the temple place but i never use him.
in ruby i has given shiny torchic by prof. birch.
in silver i remember running into shiny spearow,snubbull,pikachu,and natu. too bad i can't migrate em' to my diamond! :'(

for some reason, i think they made shinies harder to run into in the later generations. in my silver, i ran into spearow and pikachu all in one sitting. i think they were more common in gold/silver.

i trade for most of the shinies i have. too many to list.

I have a shiny Slugma...yayness for me....and it's gray, my favorite color...my friend says he has EVERY shiny LEGENDARY.....*squeezes stress ball*
I want to see every shiny and catch them and take over the sandbox with them. Then, I will conquer the world....wheee, crazy time!

Hey I'm new on the site and I don't have a friend code yet and I have three shinies in diamond.
Staravia,Kricketune,and Surskit. Staravia and Surskit evloved.

let's see i have alot of shinies. I have 2 legit shinies and the rest are made shiny by my AR.
Legit:
Golem - Pearl
Golbat - Ruby

I'm editting this on the grounds of I don't like you.
No one cares what shinies you've AR'd, anyone can do that.
And for god's sake, don't advertise other sites.
-Yoshimitsu27

I just got myself a Shiny Ralts from the auction. A shiny Shuppet seems like a reasonable enough trade for something that's gonna be a Shiny Gallade. ^^ w00t!

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Once again, I haven't even seen any shinies in any of my games (yet), but while I was on this one trip to Wyoming last week, there was this one boy who found a shiny Gloom in the Safari game. He actually tried to run from it, but he couldn't run away for some reason, so in the eand, he ended up catching it. And no, it was not cheated in.

I'm pretty sure this kind of thread is allowed, because I'm so excited!!

I was training my Gliscor today, and ran into my first (not traded but actually caught) SHINY!!! It was a green Pelliper.
I stopped and stared for a moment before sitting there and carefully knocking down it's HP with Ice Fang, before knabbing (sp?) it in a Dive Ball.
I'm so excited!

My hope for your replies are:
a) Any ideas for a Lv. 39 Pelliper with a Brave Nature (I know, sucks, but I'm stuck with it). I was thinking a more supporter/annoyer, with stuff like Theif, Maybe Confuse Ray, Maybe Tailwind, Roost, etc. Any ideas?

b) If you have, what was your first shiny (non-gyrados) that you saw/caught?

Congrats on the find.

I first heard about other Shiny Pokemon in Gen 2 when a classmate of mine said he found a Shiny Donphan in Mount Silver. But the very first Shiny I ever had was a Shiny Wingull, which I encountered while randomly surfing in Sapphire.

Also oddly enough, every wild Shiny I encountered thereafter were seen and caught by my one character, (I actually restarted the game about three times while using her name, and in each game I got at least one Shiny, talk about a lucky character :p)

Congrats, it took me years to get a shiny and it was a Fearow..

I got a shiny Fearow which I gave to Carmen. I also got a shiny Heracross which I trained to level 100 and thats it.

Yes, congrats on the shiny!

I haven't seen any shinies in a looong time (not since my Crystal version). If I did, I didn't notice it. The shiny I did see, though, was (I think) a Koffing. I'm not sure 100% if it was a Koffing or not, but I remember seeing it in the Route the Daycare is on in G/S/C. Anyways, I didn't bother catching it, as I didn't really care back then, but I wish I would have. *sigh*

Oh! I did always seem to get a shiny out of the Egg the Daycare people gave you free in Crystal, but I think you have TOO good of a chance of that, so I never counted it as a shiny (it's happened almost everytime I started over on the version in the past.)

So yeah, that's my story. Hopefully I'll find another one someday...

The first shiny I got ever was a Shiny Wingull, on the surf route where you have to go before you get the Regi's. Named her Vivian and never evolved her, 'cuz I don't like Pelipers...

Tanking is the thing pelipper does best. That and special attacking but since its not the right nature for that here is a standard pelliper tank build.

EVs: 236 HP / 160 Def / 114 SpA
- Surf
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Toxic / Knock Off

Besides the red Gyarados in Silver and Crystal, I think the first shiny I ever saw was either a Kingler or a Rapidash, both in Crystal. I caught the Kingler but I accidently KO'd the Rapidash.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
My first shiny (again, not counting Red Gyarados in G/S/C) was a shiny Pidgeotto on Pokemon Gold. I have since found and caught a shiny Gastrodon and a shiny Buizel on my Pearl cartridge.

The first shiny I ever saw was a brown Poocheyena on my Ruby game, but I was not familiar with shinies back then, so I just thought it was a bug in the game or something, and I ran from it. :-\

The first shiny I caught was a shiny Gastrodon. I just caught it a few months ago. :)

That's cool. I loved how they had the shiny Gyrados in 2nd gen. It's funny seeing a shiny one in Pearl/Diamond - you think it'd be commen, even though it's not!

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Mine, oddly enough, was on a badly translated Japanese ROM of Silver, back when the games didn't have a non-Japanese release yet.

It was Suicune. I master balled the biatch the moment I saw it. >> And never saw a single shiny again since. >>;

Congrats for pelliper my first shiny was when i was a child, an noctawn (did i wrote right?) and after on the way to ecruteek (ok i'm bad with some names) was an stantler and some weeks later when i beat the game was entei
note:was on pokemon gold
hint:Just search for the legendaries (worked for me on ruby can work on the other games)
Luck finding the next ^^

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I just caught my first shiny! I'm so happy! Until now I'd never encountered a shiny in any of the games. I was practicing chaining, for when Electrike finally swarms and today it was Pidgey. I have no luck with chaining, so I got a chain of ten and then just kept resetting the radar. After ten resets a shiny turned up! I now have my first ever Shiny, an Adamant Pidgey with good speed IVs. I'm so happy ^^

Shinies... not really something I get to see much of. Apart from the red gyrados, the only shiny I ever saw in the wild was a pidgey in Silver, but that was a time, for me that is, when shinies were no different from normal coloured ones. I haven't seen one since then.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks guys.
Any advice on the pelipper moveset?

I think it would be better if you asked that question on the Clinic where posters are more focused on move set building. Here really isn't the right place.

Anyways, my very first shiny wasn't my most impressive one, but it was a shiny Ratatta on Silver. I remember running through the grass at random and encountering the thing and just being like "Oh... my... god... ITSASHINY O_O". It was easy to catch, and I later evolved it to Raticate for the heck of it.

My first shiny ticked me off.

You know how in FR/LG there was that battle-towerish place? The first trainer had a green Espeon.

I was ticked. My second was a Skitty. I was chaining, and broke the chain, and was walking out of the grass. My repel wore off, I took another step, and a shiny Skitty poppwed up. I stared at the screen. My power was red, so I caught it and saved. I took 3 steps after I saved, and my DS turned off.

Thank you, good habits. (I always save after catching a special pokemon or beating a gym leader/rival/brain/important trainers)