• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Shinies: First ever, ones you want, have seen, or own

My Shinies? Well, I have had...3, I think 4, but I forgot one.

1: My SHINY PIDGEY THAT ROB HATES ME FOR...XD ftw. Got in Leaf Green. Lvl. 11

2: Shiny Geodude, once again, Leaf Green. I was stupid, cause I caught it on a test file, just going through the game the first time, not training anything. I felt stupid...

and 3: My shiny Drowzee on Gold. It was pretty cool.

(Maybe 4...)

I had a shiny Drifloon, which looked really cool, then it evolved into Drifblim and now it looks pretty dumb. I saw a shiny Cresselia and Regigigas on GTS, those have really cool colors. And of course the shiny Gyarados from Gold. My friend has a shiny Shuckle, Trapinch, and Spearow, the Shuckle looks awesome.

Scratch my last post, I appear to have evolved my Psyduck... I kinda regret it :(

Golduck's shiny form is almost exactly the same to its original form. All its just a lighter shade of blue, with a slighlty pink-ish beak.

Ah well.

~Slink

I have a shiny poochyena. He's an orange or yellow color. I've also seen a shiny Mareep on my gold version. It was pink when I caught it. I think it would be sweet to see a shiny Gengar because he is one of my favorites. One of my friends gave me a shiny Kyogre too. He's pink and at level 86.

Let's see here.

I once caught a Shiny Zubat on my Ruby game. I didn't even know what a shiny was then. But then I lost my game.

I caught a shiny Aron, and Barboach on my Diamond. Oh yeah, and I just got a shiny Surskit on there too! That made me so happy because I love Surskit.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
I caught the Red Gyarados on my Gold version, and also found (and caught) a shiny, green Pidgeotto on Gold as well.

On my Pearl cartridge, my first shiny was a Gastrodon next to Sunyshore - it barely looks any different than the original but I caught it anyway. I then came across a shiny Buizel in the grass next to Eterna Forest, which was considerably cooler looking (yellow fur with a white floatation ring.) Needless to say I was like "OMG SHINY BUIZEL ME CATCH!11!!!one+shift1!!" and one Ultra Ball later it was mine.

The one shiny I've always wanted though is a shiny Starmie, because it looks essentially like a dark, evil version of the original.

I just caught a shiny Surskit today in my Diamond version after a chain of 34. I was so ecstatic!
I'd really like to have a shiny Jynx, though, because I like the lighter version much, much better.
That's really it, actually. Hopefully Smoochum will swarm soon!

I've had such bad luck with shinies....

On my Ruby version I've encountered a shiny Roselia and killed it before somone pointed out that it was shiny.
I'm almost positive I had a shiny Swalot until I restarted my game, but I didn't even know what shinies were then.
While shiny hunting I encountered a shiny Kecleon, again not knowing it was shiny, and KO'd it.
My friend gave me a shiny Huntail for free and that was my first shiny pokemon that I actually knew was shiny and appreciated it for that.
The only shiny pokemon I've seen and caught is my shiny Bibarel which I caught with one of my last pokeballs after I ran out of Ultra balls. I don't like Bibarels much but I always have it with me as it serves a purpose (as my HM whore)
I also have a bunch of non-legit shiny pokemon that some guy traded me online, more specifically, I have one or two shiny Arceus's, Shaymins and Darkrais.

Shiny pokemon I'd like to have: Basically...As many as I can have, but I like them better when I actually find them and catch them. If I could have one shiny pokemon though, it'd probably be a shiny Politoed. I like Politoeds.

I once had a shiny spearow in Silver and a shiny zubat in Crystal.
Infact, I caught them both in Azalea Town.
But both of these versions wore out from use and both pokemon were lost, so sad.

The only legitimate shiny Pokemon I've seen and caught (besides the Red Gyrados in GSC), was my lovely shiny Mightyena. It was literally the first Pokemon I caught in my Emerald game, and besides my Blaziken, it was the highest-leveled Pokemon I had. Then my sister came along with her new Ruby and used my Emerald in order to get all three starters for her game. I asked where my Mightyena was and she said "That weird Pokemon? It was a glitch Pokemon. You're better off without it!" (She didn't know about shinies, nor believe in them) and said that she wasn't risking getting the glitch in her game, so she hadn't transferred it over like I had asked.

I sobbed for a loooooong time after that.

Still, after she knew about shinies, she went looking for one (still quite unremorseful), and found a shiny Feebas.

And KO'd it.

I laughed for a loooooong time after that.

Still, when I go chaining in my Diamond, I would like another shiny Poochyena, a shiny Eevee (to get shiny Umbreon), and a shiny Shinx.​

I've never had a Shiny pokemon before. =(

I've seen many online and over GTS but never had one myself. And the ones i saw on GTS wanted like.. lv 9 and under pokemon that were impossible to have at lv 9... like pokemon that evolved at lv 30 and no sooner. lol

UGH! Someone was trading a Shiny male Ralts last night on GTS but they wanted one of those impossible pokemon. (something that's only evolves at like level 30 but they're asking for it at level 9 or lower) so i'm guessing. I had the pokemon but its impossible to get it that low of a level... ARGH. I could have had a shiny Gallade. T__T

I,ve seen a shiny Lugia,Tyflosian,and shiny Gallade.I want to get a shiny Darkrai and Lugia.Please tell me how to get shiny pokemon on my Diamond version. :)

I am too slow too nab shinies on the GTS. Once a saw a Shiny DIALGA on the GTS. The person wanted a Mr. Mime lv.40 and up. It was Swiped before I could get it. This was about 4 months ago. XD

Meh, I've only caught two shinnies, one of which I still have.

The first was a shiny Sneisel, then a shiny Psyduck. (The Psyduck is the one I still have.)
Both of these were on Diamond. I've never gotten any other shiny Pokemon on any other games before.

I've seen plenty of other ones before, although I suspected all of them to be action replay Pokemon.
(Some guy I know has dozens of shiny Pokemon on Diamond and claims to have found all of them on his own without cheating. This was a few weeks after the game's release...)

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I have still never caught one. I'd love a shiny Manectric, just because he's my favourite pokemon. Though if I did have one I'd be tempted to have the shiny on my team... and that would mean getting rid of my current Manectric (who I love :p) so it's probably best if I don't find/get one...

I've only legitimately seen a shiny Surskit and accidently killed it because I thought it was one of the pokemon that is a different color(for gender reasons)

Sadly, I've never legitimately owned a shiny. =(

I just got two shinies a week or two ago.
The first was an ADAMANT shiny Dratini (now Dragonite)with a 31 IV in attack! :D
The second was a shiny Giratina I had to restart my game, like, a kajillion times for it to be shiny, lol.

I also had a shiny Weazing in my Leaf Green and saw a shiny Rapidash, sadly I had only had 3 pokeballs on me :-\.
Lastly, I saw a bright green Kauna in my Silver I think, but it might have been my Crystal.

My bro found 2 shinies in the same hour in his Fire Red (now lost while still having theese shinies), a Growlithe and a Koffing. The same day that I found my Weazing, lol.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I just got two shinies a week or two ago.
The first was an ADAMANT shiny Dratini (now Dragonite)with a 31 IV in attack! :D
The second was a shiny Giratina I had to restart my game, like, a kajillion times for it to be shiny, lol.
I also had a shiny Weazing in my Leaf Green and saw a shiny Rapidash, sadly I had only had 3 pokeballs on me :-\.
Lastly, I saw a bright green Kauna in my Silver I think, but it might have been my Crystal.

You are soooo lucky. I still haven't found a single one

Lol just got a shiny Larvitar from an egg for my sandstorm team today :D .
I don't know what it's attack IV is yet, but I'm hoping it's good since I IV bred it.

I have met 2 shinies and caught both of them,

The first shiny was the red gyarados in crystal, and just a few minutes ago I captured a shiny gastly in the old chateau.

Everyone Captures the shiny Gyarados, It's "part" of the story.

However, I Caught a shiny scyther in Silver several years ago, Even funnier was I only had the original "Chunky" Gameboy so I had no idea what color it was, only that the screen blinked chaotically when it appeared haha.

Just Today in Emerald I was thinking about shiny's when I went to Terra cave for Groudon only to find it was GOLD! Shiny Legendary, what luck haha.

i got a shiny poochienna in ruby i was so happy i ran out of ultraballs and almost gave up i used my only pokeball and cought it then in diamond i ran into a shiny snover My poochienna was awesome and became super strong the snover on the other hand i haven't trained

Well in silver I have a Shiny Wooper and in Pearl I had a chance to catch Shiny Uxie, I wasted all of my pokeballs and never caught it.

What I want:
Charizard, Blaziken, Magmortorm, Raichu, and Yanma to name a few.

The only shiny I have, other than Gyrados in Gold, Silver, and Crystal, is a shiny Pelipper in Emerald, caught as a Wingull on Route 101 as a Wingull. As soon as I find another, when I find my Emerald game, I will migrate it to Diamond.

manmm, that post you quoted is about a year and a half old. Its not even funny.

I want a Shiny, Sniper, (and adamant if possible) Skorupi. As well as a Shiny Lucario (which, is only wanted because he is yellow mind you), and Shiny Uxie/Mesprit/Azelf. (for same reason as Lucario, probably going to rot after that)

The shiny celebi would be cool, IT'S PINK I TELL YA! But Drifloon and Mismagius would be nice to see. And don't get me started on Dialga. SHINIES CAN BE SOOO COOL!!

I have a shiny staraptor on Dimond and i use to have a shiny gulpon on saphire but i was in like 3rd grade then and thought it was a virus so i restarted the game, so yea, o yea i owned a shiny garadose on my gold and silver lol, but other than that i want a shiny charzard

P

Pokepok

i have a shiny banette and shiny linoone on emerald!I was very excited when i caught them but they turned out to be useless.
I also had a shiny dragonite in crystal.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Well, it's not a shiny I personally caught, but someone else caught one for me legitly (Ruko to be exact) =)

So, my newest shiny is a Shiny female Shinx. I'll probably evolve both it and my shiny Geodude just for the hell of it, but for now both of them and my shiny Milotic have been dumped on my Pokemon Ranch :)