• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Shinies: First ever, ones you want, have seen, or own

Ive got a shiny gyarados in pearl and crystal. i had a shiny tyrogue in crystal that evolved into hitmonchan. :) i saw a shiny hariyama in emerald but it used whirlwind before my cacturne could use ingrain... i hate whirlwind. >:(

Don't remember what shinies i have besides the Red Zigzagoon on my Sapphire.

I basically don't care what shinies i get. If i find one, i go nuts and charge saying, "SPARKLY!! MINE!!" then i gain a tiny bit of sense and speak in longer sentences, "YOU WILL BY MINE!!! MUAHAHAHA!!" and if i don't get it i normally cry then, outta stupidity, try to hunt it down again. I know for a fact that i wont see it again, but i tend to forget that fact when i see a shiny. Like the pink wobbuffet that got away. It was pink. And in a safari zone. And ran away. P*ssed me off to no end when i gained my sense back.

A bit of true comedy to brighten your day. And by true, i mean i really do, do this. I will literally loose every single bit of sense i have any time i encounter a shiny. It's quite pathetic really. It's not the different color that gets me, its when it sparkles. I'm one of those ppl that will actually run into traffic just because she saw something shiny. I have done this, i swear! I am addicted to the shininess that is the shiny.

I got my first (and only) shiny in Crystal, not counting the Red Gyarados. It was an orange Ratticate that I somehow caught using the only pokeball I had. And it was just that. A pokeball. Not and ultraball or anything, just a pokeball.

....Icy, why are you posting that everywhere you go? >>;;

Aside from that, I have to update yet again. I am getting a shiny Ledian from someone pretty soon, a shiny Weezing as well, and I got a shiny Floatzel from QuilavaEmperor (Thank you so much

In Emerald, the first time I picked Mudkip as my starter, it was shiny. I was very happy. ;D Oh, and I have a shiny Breloom. It's red instead of green and its hands and feet are orange.

I've never really cared for shiny's that much. Sure I've found them and caught them, but I don't really care. It's like: Oh look a shiny Clefairy/Geodude. Better catch that.

The only one I'd really care about would be a shiny Riolu.

The first shiny I saw was the Red Gyarados in Gold/Silver, as with most people. But the first shiny that wasn't in the actual storyline was that Shiny Meowth I saw in FR. But the first shiny I obtained was my shiny Wooper, now level 40-something. :D And I have a shiny Celebi (hacked, obviously :p), my shiny wooper and a shiny castform. And I am so desperate for a shiny Roserade. >>;

My first and only shiny so far has been a shiny Duskull that I caught in Emerald version. I've since transfered it to my Pearl and evolved it to Dusknoir. Though I really want a shiny Metagross. If I can get one of those I wouldn't need anymore shinies ever.

S

sheesheesh

Jira and I shared Emerald, so here's our story: I once saw a shiny Aron in the wild by Dewford town. Considering I was in third grade, I was an idiot and didn't know it was shiny, so I ran. GAHR.

Hey, since I posted last I got 2 new shinies. A female shiny Slowbro nicknamed 'Beauty' and a male shiny Eevee. But I evolved the Eevee into a beautiful lil' shiny Umbreon, which I now love.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Well, I just caught my first ever random Shiny in - Ruby no less. I got my shiny Pidgeot from chaining Pidgey in Diamond. Flygon was given to me by the wonderful Midnight and I got my Shiny Manectric through some awesome luck with breeding, but I'd never actually just randomly encountered one...

To bad it's a Wingull. I dislike Wingulls XD

But oh well. I'd never seen, let alone caught a shiny in any of the Gen Three games, so I'm pretty happy nonetheless.

My first and only shiny I've ever seen was a shiny arron which I caught thank goodness. It was completely random as I just just first playing through Sapphire in that cave in dewford or what ever. Now it's been saved over to my pearl hehe as an aggron ^_^

I have been very lucky.
Back in my pokemon Silver I got a shiney geodude which is kind of cool.
Then I never got one until I was chaining eevee in the garden from my diamond then I randomly got a shiney eevee! Which is my bold umbreon I have now. :D

My friend was very lucky to find his giratina shiney! Never got one before until then.

First shiny i ever saw was back in the old days of silver on with my friend, where we saw a pink shiny butterfree, which confused the hell out of us both, we actually thought the game was glitching. (Yes, we were young).

As for ones i own, I've just got my shiny bidoof (caught one hour into the game) and a shiny pelipper.

Ive also unwittingly knocked out quite a few though, itchy trigger finger i guess :(

I still haven't even encountered a shiny :(

I'd love to get a shiny Bulbasaur, or a shiny Croagunk. That would be wonderful~ Nidorans would also be great.

First shiny i ever saw was a sandshrew.
I have a decent amount of shiny's i'll list them below

Firered:Charizard Crobat.

Leaf Green:Rapidash Ditto Gyarados

Gold/Silver/Crystal: Gyarados (1 in each)

R/S: Spinda (yes i have it in both)

Emerald: Rayquaza Blaziken

D/P= Shiny Dailga (Diamond) Shiny Palkia (Pearl)

Platinum:Gible Glaceon Regigigas Drapion Dusknoir

In Red or Blue I found a shiny Golbat, but I didn't find out it was shiny til I put it on Stadium. It was green if I remember right. I always wanted to put it on Gold or something cuz it was shiny but kept forgetting which one was shiny. I also found a purple slowpoke in the slowpoke well (i think) it was purple instead of pink. I was so psyched. And as everyone else had a Red Gyarados, but that Gyarados is one of the few Pokemon I've legitimately trained to level 100.

Tailon

Gryffindork
I've been fairly lucky, got a shiny pidgey in Crystal, shiny spinarak on my Crystal Restart, shiny Steelix and Dratini in diamond, and shiny pichu (hatched) in platinum, not to mention the obligatory Red Gyarados

I found a shiney Poochena when I had just started a new Emerald game. I caught it and migrated it to Diamond, where I evolved it into a Lv. 78 Mightyena. The blue nose would look pretty funny if he didn't have such sharp teeth under it.

I would love to have a Shiny Rayquaza. It looks absolutey badass- 100 Feet Long Shadow Dragon Serpent, I choose you! Shiny Gardevoir would be cool too. She has Mudkip colors.

Recently, I caught a shiny Graveler. It knew Explosion, so I was lucky to catch it. A couple days later, I realized I had a Master Ball so I could have caught it without the risk. All well, I still have it.

have only ever seen one shiny in the wild, but since im so very lucky guess which part of the game i found it in.

At the beginning before you have any pokeballs!!!!!!

Anyway i guess it was only a weedle.

I would also kill to have a shiny feraligatr and a shiny evee that I can evolve into a flareon for my team in Soul Silver.
By the way shiny flareons look really cool becuse they are basically the same colour as evee. I think that is sweet.

The only shiny I've come across was a shiny Mankey, but it kept escaping my Poke Balls, and finally succumbed to poisoning.

The one shiny I definitely want is a shiny Luxray. It has a very "Scar from Lion King" quality to it.

just got my first shiny today!!!!!! I am so happy, it is a charmander and it is golden but when it becomes a charizard it will be black with red wings which is so cool. Yay

Thanks to chaining (or sometimes, just plain boredom), I've been able to get my hands on quite a few shinies in 3rd, and ever moreso, 4th gens.

But my first... I'd say it was a pidgeotto in my silver edition. Ended up taking forever to catch, and afterwards, I proceded to throw my gameboy and game cartridge across the room (one at a time) because my friend had told me that if I come across any weird pokemon, that it's a virus and it was going to infect my gameboy and cartridge and destroy them.