• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Shinies: First ever, ones you want, have seen, or own

My first ever shiny was on FR, a shiny Seel. Well, now it's a Dewgong. After that I found a shiny Sentret [now a Furret]. Those two shinys don't look very different.

The only shiny I have found on 4th generation is a Syther [now a scizor]. I love him! My brother also gave me a shiny Macop. He found it a few days after he started the game. Lucky! I have also recieved a shiny Gorebyss over Wi-fi.

I would love a shiny Chickorita and Magikarp.

My first (and only) Shiny I've ever seen was in Emerald.

I caught a Shiny Whismer, and I think it's a Loudred at the moment. ^_^ I was so proud and amazed by seeing it, especially on Emerald, or anything besides D/P where you can up the chances of finding one.

In My Pearl I have: a shiny Metagross, Skarmory, Shuckle, Ludicolo, Gengar, Venosaur, Milotic, Jirachi, Umbreon, and Gyarados, and those are only the lvl. 100's, (I used to have a Dragonite and Deoxys, but my brother cough-murdered-cough them)
:'(
I also have shiny: Sceptile, Crobat(I'm thinking about EV traning Crobat because it has a naive nature...GODLY!!), Swalot, Tropius, Nidoking, and Riolu-(hatched a month ago). ;D My first sighting was in crystal version, it was a Kingler....it died :'(

I think I won..... Without using a gameshark/action replay!!! ;D

Im useless at Pokemon games; via battle... But that's where my shiny skills come into play. If any of you went to the Kingston or Regent street Shaymin events, I may have even given you a shiny or two... You see, I have very little love for these Shiny Pokemon and only have a few left... Err anyways, I have had (Be had, means traded)

Fearow
Golem
Machamp
Mr. Mime
Lapras
Magikarp
Sentret
Ledian
Sneasle
Budew
Hippowdon

Pokemon yet to trade (Or stuck on ranch):

Magikarp
Mudkip
Metagross
Shinx x 2
Bronzor
Mespirt
Rotom (Was my sisters)

Also, I pretty sure everyone has at least had the Red Gyrados...

I have that gyrados from crystal then in ruby I found A shiny zigzagoon which is now a linoone and Sphea which is now a walrein
in D/P I have a shiny blastoise and shinx that my friend gave me

UPDATED May 28th. :3

I figured I'd update since I got a lot more shinies since my last post. :3 {They're all in my sig, but I'll list 'em anyways.}

These are the ones that I captured:
Furret
Dewgong
Scizor
Bidoof

One I obtained via trade:
Machop
Gorebyss
Zubat
Roserade
Magikarp
Geodude
Psyduck
Bagon
Absol
Luxray (Adamant, HP Grass... great IVs... he is my perfect dream Pokemon!)
Starly
Aron
Ponyta

Making a Total of 16 shinies. Also have foriegn Ditto, so I'm going to try the Musada method for breeding for shinies.

:)

Got my first shiny in Platinum...and it's a female Gastly! ^^ I was scared to attack her because I wasn't sure if she knew Curse or not. So I threw Ultra Balls at her and hope she would stay in..luckily she did. I was going to use her competitively, but unfortunately for me her nature is so appalling, she's almost unusable.

My first shiny ever was back in the "red" days of GSC, when I caught a shiny Graveler and Raticate.

Since then, the only shiny I have found is Zubat, though I was seconds away from a shiny Floatzel before a glitch in the game cost me it by breaking my chain.

My GF found a shiny Wingull and didn't know what it was and ran then asked me later why the Wingull she found had green wings. Needless to say my jaw hit the floor.

Anyone ever notice that Ash's Noctowl was shiny?

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
OHMYGODGAIZ... *ahems*

So, I'm a believer now. Not all shiny starters are haxed (amazing, eh?). But... like hell would I ever trade one unless someone offered be another non-cloned, non-haxed shiny starter in return :p

*Hugs her new female, Modest shiny Cyndaquil* :D
Hatched it while breeding Pokemon for Shocari, lol. A nice surprise this morning while mindlessly hatching eggies in the car. ^^

I currently have a shiny Cranidos, Magikarp, Charmander, and Elekid. All of these were from trades though. I would really like a shiny Electrike and Scizor.

OHMYGODGAIZ... *ahems*

So, I'm a believer now. Not all shiny starters are haxed (amazing, eh?). But... like hell would I ever trade one unless someone offered be another non-cloned, non-haxed shiny starter in return :p

*Hugs her new female, Modest shiny Cyndaquil* :D
Hatched it while breeding Pokemon for Shocari, lol. A nice surprise this morning while mindlessly hatching eggies in the car. ^^

I still can't believe the perfection that is your Cyndaquil, Katie. That is just amaaazing. 0_0

Oh and just to update. Emerald has netted me a Shiny Tentacool and Shiny Poochyena. Adding that to the aforementioned Zigzagoon and Wingull, that's four Shinies in my entire life x3 Also amusing in that they all belong to the same character in different games.

Shiny Hot Pink Drapion. Waaaannnt.

[quote author=twYANGzii link=topic=581.msg99422#msg99422 date=1241625588]
I first saw a Shiny Noctowl in my Crystal version .
Boy did I get so unhappy! I didn't have any balls then :-[

Sex Change?
[/quote]

Umm, I believe they meant pokéballs...

I am going for a Shiny Growlithe, no luck ;_; (Highest chain is 20)

Last edited by a moderator:
First one I ever got was a Paras in Crystal... x3 I kind of adored it, despite it being of a species I don't really... give much thought to, ever. ^^()

Granted, I caught a bunch of shiney Gyarados in various GSC games prior to that, but he doesn't really count.

On a LeafGreen ROM I caught Kuali, my shiny Slowpoke. And in Pearl I snagged a shiny Roselia while trying to chain for Meowth in the Mansion. (Reaction: Aww, my chain br- oh hey it's shiny! o_o)

But generally, I don't have the attention span to soft-reset in search of shiny legends, or spend much time chaining for shinies....

Another lovely story.

I'd resetted my Ruby for fun, and was walking around in the grass to level up my Mudkip before I had to battle my rival. I ran into a pokemon, and was ready to kill it when.... I saw the sparkles. It was a shiny Wurmple! I quickly went to my bag for a pokeball to find... the assistant hadn't given me any pokeballs yet! Aagh!

Over the last few weeks I have received new shinies through trades; got shiny Jirachi, Tyranitar and Growlithe now, but Zubat is gone to a new home.

I caught a shiny Golbat on Pearl, but I deleted that :p and caught a shiny ralts on Platinum (which is now a shiny Gardevoir!). The only ones ive seen not caught were Lairon on Emerald (but sadly no pokeballs :( ),G/S/C's Gyrados, and LG/FR's Espeon (which made me mad)

My first ever shiny was a shiny Caterpie in LeafGreen Version. I haven't seen any other shinies since though. :p
Shinies I would like to have are: Charizard, Lucario, Noctowl, Cubone, Dragonite, or Metagross,

In Crystal, excluding the red Gyarados and the Odd Egg Cleffa, I caught a shiny Noctowl. In LeafGreen, I saw a shiny Geodude.

That's about it. :/

Red Gyarados in Silver
Female Ralts and Oddish in Sapphire. Was so sad when my Platinum Version (Australian) deleted my Sapphire game (US) :(
Nothing yet in Platinum

I have seen one WILD shiny in Emerald, when I was young and foolish. I DIDN'T KNOW IT WAS SHINY AND I RAN AWAY FROM IT. Dx It was a level 11 Shiny Aron. I have seen someone with a shiny Bronzong though.

My first shiny was a green Golbat in LeafGreen, actually. I also have a black-and-blue Machoke now.

The first one I saw, however, was a (and I think my game was glitching) blue Rattata in Silver Version.

One shiny that I would really like, would be a silver Eevee. ^_^

Seen: 6, Owned: 3 Why did I run away from that Shiny Aron... *hits head*

UPDATED~ I now have a Shiny Bagon that I hatched, a Vileplume from a trade, and a Pidgey I got from someone who chained it for me.

I've seen a shiny Voltorb, Wingull, Magnemite, Doduo, and Sunkern before, in my Emerald. I caught Magnemite, Doduo, and Sunkern. The shinies I want are Wailord and Snorlax.

The only shiny I've ever owned was a Red Garydos, I've probably seen them but either havent noticed or didn't know what it was at the time. You get them by randomly coming across them right?

My first ever shiny was Bellsprout. Other ones I've caught are Graveler, Numel, Pidgey, and Gyarados. The shinies I want are Ninetales, Lucario, Charizard, Ho-Oh, and Eevee.