• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Create Your Own Trainer Card.... Trainer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Lol, genius idea - though it'd take more work since it'd require its own fonts and badges. I totally approve of it though.

pokrangeroy0.png
pokselfinsertionsw0.png

It's fun making these xD
*le gasp*
Self insertion!
It's surprisingly hard to draw yourself ^^;;

holy freaking crap those look awesome o_o
Doctor Oak, if you don't include these, like
I'll be a sad panda ;__;

[quote author=Doctor Oak link=topic=1379.msg16188#msg16188 date=1178073727]
Lol, genius idea - though it'd take more work since it'd require its own fonts and badges. I totally approve of it though.
[/quote]

I have a Pokemon GS font somewhere around here, I'll upload it when I get the time

Well, as long as we're having Retro Trainer cards, (ok, i realize we're not but some how i still feel the insane need to post this none-teh-less) We should have them mono-chromatic. Which yes, just brings up a whole new realm of problems and intense coding and sprite editing, but while we're pondering the impossible. . .

There was no need for this post.

And while we're at it, I vote for being able to select sprites from multiple games! because frankly, I hate half of the D/P sprites. but I really dig the G/S/C sprites. ^^

*is brick'd to death*

YES. MY REPLY TO YOUR POST IS JUST YES.

Actually, let me see if I can make the R/B/G/Y version trainer card while we're on the subject.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Y'know, it probably is possible for the system to be able to spit out a card in monochrome...

Once I get everything running again, I'll start running a few tests and see where we can get with it.

pokredheadzr5.png

I think there are like 5 red heads in the D/P sprites,and,save for 1 sprite,I don't really think the colour shows,so I had to give it a try.
& I finally made an account yay! ^.^

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
pokselfinsertionsw0.png

It's fun making these xD
*le gasp*
Self insertion!
It's surprisingly hard to draw yourself ^^;;

See, even if it's based on yourself, this is a sprite I can appreciate. There really weren't any other decent female sprites with long, dark hair to choose from until now XP

Kudos to you for sharing it, Halani ^^

Yay Very Cool ^.^
Thanks for using my Template ^.^

I'll probably get to work on some themed Trainers...
*wanders off to make a Hounddoom-esque Female Trainer

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
If you just found a sprite randomly, please don't post it. We don't want to see stolen sprites used for the TC Maker, and it's not definitely fair to the original spriters =/

pokredheadzr5.png

I think there are like 5 red heads in the D/P sprites,and,save for 1 sprite,I don't really think the colour shows,so I had to give it a try.

Aye, I find this lack of red hair disturbing, being a guy limits my choices even more. I think I'll hold off till something more "me" appears.

This is just my thaught but the male/female signs are kinda annoying and on pokemon with 1 gender that could be a problem

Whoah this is weird seeing my work up there!

And all the lovely donations of my Card's and my trainer sprite wasn't even added *Cries*
Just kidding. But well done for getting the whole system up and running again. Hopefuly they'll bring a little more members to the site.

This is just my thaught but the male/female signs are kinda annoying and on pokemon with 1 gender that could be a problem

You dont have to put a gender..its just that some people like to show it. It could also be extremly useful when it comes to DP bredding and trading.

i know you said PM you but il post it as several people have asked about stuff like this along with the transparencys.

All my sprites where created in MS Paint. Most are just thanks to the simplicity of it.

And to add the transparancy you can do it using a freeware version of GIMP which is a photoshop like program. this can be found at.
http://www.gimp.org/

pokemotrainergu5.png

I suppose when you look at it this could be used as either male or female,but it's intended to be a emo male trainer.
xD

R

Renato

Total newb (to this sort of thing) here. I had a little difficulty getting this sucker transparent due to lack of any good editing programs-- GIMP doesn't seem to wanna cooperate with me either-- so I kinda gave up on that. But the few hours in MSPaint seemed worth it, though.

renato_pkmnsprite.png

I'll probably ask someone I know to do the transparency for me later on, unless a kind person here wouldn't mind. But I'm not gonna bug you nice folk about it if it's a bother. =D

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator

I rather like this sprite. The pose is good and his hair is amazing (Y) ^^

[quote author=Renato link=topic=1379.msg16471#msg16471 date=1178353591]

renato_pkmnsprite.png

[/quote]

I like this one too. It's completely different to the usual style of spriting, and it's a good different. His hair is very good, and I like his "thumbs down" pose.

Just a quick note. If there are anymore requests for different colour variations on my Card Just post or PM me.

I've got a good trainer sprite that I want to post, but I'm having difficulty with the sprite. I can get it to show on a webpage, but when I make a link to it, it doesn't show. And if I post it as an image in the forem, it still doesn't show. I have it in my MyDocuments file saved as a PNG, but I don't know what to do to get it to show on the site. Can somebody tell me step by step what to do?

I've got a good trainer sprite that I want to post, but I'm having difficulty with the sprite. I can get it to show on a webpage, but when I make a link to it, it doesn't show. And if I post it as an image in the forem, it still doesn't show. I have it in my MyDocuments file saved as a PNG, but I don't know what to do to get it to show on the site. Can somebody tell me step by step what to do?

Go to http://www.imageshack.us/ (or whichever hosting site you want)
Click the browse button
Select the correct picture from your documents
Click host it
You'll be given a list of URL's
Right click the one that says Hotlink for forums (1)
Copy then paste it into this forum
You can delete the parts before the

This trainer sprite is mostly scratch, and is supposed to be me. I used the D/P Aroma Lady as a base, and did the best I could for the modifications. This sprite is how I would look if I were a Pokemon character. I'm trying to do the same thing usin the D/P Picnicer Kid, and create a trainer that is the little sister to my sprite. Ill have that up wenever possible, 'cause I busy with map work at the moment.

Thanks for the positing help, Halani.

Edit: OK, I made a sprite for a little sister to the one I posted ealier. I also put in a picture of th 2 sisters together. Hop you like 'em.

Well, this is like an alternate reality where Team Galaxy DOES Control Palkia and Dialga And now He has a Diamond and a pearl fused to his hands. The Pixie jewels on his crown and Arceus' Emerald on his Forehead.

officer jenny! i dont think i did the hair well enough
jenny.jpg
and.....
gbush.jpg
george bush!

sorry about the bgs, i cant do transparent

heres Richie, its an attempt ;)
richie.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.