• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask Teh Doc

In Diamond and Pearl you can trade any Pokémon to a game without the National Dex. The pokedex number entry will just be 3 ?'s but once you get the Des it'll fill in normally. It's how I got my Gardevoir after the first gym.

Last edited by a moderator:
The electric booster (Elecirizer?) comes from wild Elekid. You can find those at Valley Windworks when FireRed is inserted in the GBA slot in your DS. By Sharp Claw do you mean Razor Claw? If so, you can find one on Route 224, Victory Road, and Battle Park. You can find a Proctector on Route 228.

i need to ask this...where exactly in valley windworks do u find the elekids,in grass or in the building?Also can anyone explain how all the "Insert cartridge" pokemon work? (my apologies if its already been said)

I don't think so. Not for Elekid at any rate. You can just run around in the grass or you can use the Pokeradar and some Max repel if you want. You may even find a Mareep in the process as well :)

I don't think so. Not for Elekid at any rate. You can just run around in the grass or you can use the Pokeradar and some Max repel if you want. You may even find a Mareep in the process as well :)

found him after a few tries with pokeradar...too bad he didnt have the item he took an ultra ball well for a level 9 XD

found him after a few tries with pokeradar...too bad he didnt have the item he took an ultra ball well for a level 9 XD

I'm sorry. I lucked out and found one holding an electerizer on the first go. If you want you can go to the route just north of the resort area and capture an Illumise. It already knows Covet so you don't have keep capturing Elekid.

Not sure if I should make a new topic...

But I was taking a break from studying, and went to go do the whole beat-the-evil-team Part 1 in the Valley Windworks. Now, I read somewhere that you can catch Drifloon (something I want) on Fridays during the daytime - I lucked out, it being daytime on Friday and all.

So I defeated Mars and such, but I see no Drifloon. I checked the DS date and time, and it really is set to around 3:45-ish on Friday, June 1...is there something else? Like a badge requirement? I've read online that people have caught it after their second and third badges. Does this mean that I, since I only have one badge, have to wait until I get my second badge, then go back to get it? (I have a level 20 Pokemon, so I hope that's not the issue.)

But I did, and it's not. I defeated Mars about an hour or so ago...it's daytime (16:19 in game time) and it's Friday. Is it really morning or nighttime? Has anybody actually seen/captured a Drifloon directly after defeating Mars (on a Friday)? Do I have to wait a week before they start appearing or get my second badge?

Okay then, thanks for your answer. ^_^ Maybe I'll just go on ahead without it, then, since I may have some time to play the game this weekend. If not...then yay...^_^;;

(Or I suppose I could - cough - give into temptation and fiddle with my internal clock...>_>)

Okay then, thanks for your answer. ^_^ Maybe I'll just go on ahead without it, then, since I may have some time to play the game this weekend. If not...then yay...^_^;;

(Or I suppose I could - cough - give into temptation and fiddle with my internal clock...>_>)

Just continue your game as normal.The exp share will be comming up ahead so you'll be able to catch him up to your other pokemon in no time

P

Pokestar

Yeah, Drifloon is worth the wait. When I faced Fantina for the first time, I forgot my Dark type in the PC so her Drifblim w3as a major pain in the neck.\

I'm sorry. I lucked out and found one holding an electerizer on the first go. If you want you can go to the route just north of the resort area and capture an Illumise. It already knows Covet so you don't have keep capturing Elekid.

I am now the not-so-proud owner of 14 magbys and only 1 Magmarizer.

Yeah, Drifloon is worth the wait. When I faced Fantina for the first time, I forgot my Dark type in the PC so her Drifblim w3as a major pain in the neck.\

I am now the not-so-proud owner of 14 magbys and only 1 Magmarizer.

it depends on the game you have
in diamond, you have a 50% chance of finding electirizer on elekids, but only 5% chance of finding magmarizers on magbys
conversely, in pearl you have a 5% chance of finding electirizer on elekids, but a 50% chance of finding magmarizers on magbys

His older self? You don't mean his father, do you? If you do, then you face him in the Battle Tower. I can't give specifics 'cause I haven't done it yet, but I know he's there, at least.

So, you face so many trainers, and you eventually face him?

there is no way to face your rival's older self, really. but you can face him occaisionally in the fight area, near the entrance to the entrance to the battle tower (no, there are no typos in that statement)

however, if you want to face his father (or as such he is commonly accepted), you pretty much have to go through the battle tower.

And incidentally, I saw on Serebii that you can fight your rival in the Fight Area on the weekends. And his Pokemon are supposed to be level 60 or higher. I haven't tested this for myself yet.

Another question:

I'm not exactly sure how you go about using the pokefinder application. So, part one, what exactly does the pokefinder app look like? And Part two, how exactly do you use it?

Another question:

I'm not exactly sure how you go about using the pokefinder application. So, part one, what exactly does the pokefinder app look like? And Part two, how exactly do you use it?

it kinda looks like a grid, but without a lot of the mesh. one line going vertically in the middle, with short horizontal strokes on it, and one line going horizontally in the middle, with short vertical strokes on it.

secondly, you tap where you think the item might be. if it's near by, the circle will keep going, or a dot will appear where the item is. (it only shows up if you tap in the right area.

it kinda looks like a grid, but without a lot of the mesh. one line going vertically in the middle, with short horizontal strokes on it, and one line going horizontally in the middle, with short vertical strokes on it.

secondly, you tap where you think the item might be. if it's near by, the circle will keep going, or a dot will appear where the item is. (it only shows up if you tap in the right area.

I meant the pokefinder (the one that allows you to track Mespirit and Cresslia). I know what it does, just not what it looks like or how to use it.

o.o;; ohhhhhhhh.

it looks a bit like the berry finder, but without the berry symbols.

if you've seen the runner, and you switch routes or something, a marking will show up where the runner is. no real interaction required, unless you're trying to catch it.

Its actually called the marking map,you will see a pokemon icon whereever the pokemon is.

Also Mesprit is automatically put on it,i havn't tried to catch cresselia so i don't know about that.I believe you get this pokeetch at the pokeetch building

It works the same for Cresselia--and it uses the same icon for both Mesprit and Cresselia. So if you have both of them running around at the same time, sometimes you won't know which is which.

The other day i was talking to my brother about a particular item...and it got me wondering...

does anyone perhaps know what mushrooms do in diamond and pearl?I know they're for the move relearner in firered/leafgreen but the trainer there uses heart scales as far as i know

The other day i was talking to my brother about a particular item...and it got me wondering...

does anyone perhaps know what mushrooms do in diamond and pearl?I know they're for the move relearner in firered/leafgreen but the trainer there uses heart scales as far as i know

Nothing apparently. You just sell them like you do a Pearl or Nugget.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
I don't think they say anything, per se. A lot of the plates you find underground don't even mention WHAT is written on them. Some of them are only talking about the specific plate. A few DO seem like parts of a greater whole, but there really doesn't seem to be a way of viewing them all in sequence....

It's the Dawn Stone you want. I found one in Mt. Coronet. You can also get one with Pick Up but the Pokemon has the be at a very high level. I don't think they're in the underground. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

In R/S/E the Move Deleter is in Lilycove City.

On Emerald, I got to take off Fly from Swellow, And dive off of Gyrados, But it won't let me take surf off of Swampert. And I am getting frustrated because I want it on my diamond version game.

On Emerald, I got to take off Fly from Swellow, And dive off of Gyrados, But it won't let me take surf off of Swampert. And I am getting frustrated because I want it on my diamond version game.

that should work. do you use AR, GS, GG, or any other cheating device? it may have something to do with it.