• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask Teh Doc

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Are you saying you need the link cable to play capture the flag :'( man!! >:(

o.O

Err... DS doesn't use link cables. Everything is done wirelessly by the wifi. But otherwise, yeah, you can only link up for the capture the flag game directly - you can't do it over the WiFi Connection (aka. the online service).

is pal park just for pokemon from ruby, emerald, leaf green, etc or do you have to trade all diamond and pearl pokemon there aswell?

It's just the place where Pokemon you transferred from the Advance generation games go. So no, trading directly from Diamond to Pearl doesn't involve it.

Are some of the TMs/learnabillitys i read in the pokedex In-accurate? I mean, Multiple things, FIrst, Can Charizard Really learn Solar Beam? secondly Is Dragon Dance really gonna be a Tm? Because that would save so much Time from breeding.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah, like many of the other moveset changes D/P has brought with it, Charizard can now learn Solar Beam by TM. It's not all that much of a surprise considering that Houndoom and Rapidash have been able to take advantage of that move for ages, though.

As for Dragon Dance, as far as I can tell it's not a TM. Still just the usual level-up/egg move attack.

Erm...has this been answered?

I was wondering about the "fire problem". I was confused a bit - you get Eevee before the Elite 4, right? (Though I don't know where...I'm only just in Zui Town.) So if you can find stones in the Underground (you can, right? I thought you said, so), couldn't you use a fire stone to evolve Eevee into Flareon?

Or can you only access the Underground after the E4? (Where is the entrance, anyway? I seem to be incapable of finding it...)

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
You get the Riolu egg from the Aaron clone (Riley in the English games I think) on Iron Island (about the 6th/7th Gym I think) after teaming up with him there. This is the only way you can get one, so get it, evolve it, breed it. ^^

Alright, Im wondering, In D/P Is there a move tutor? and NOT the one that only teaches one move, the one where you bring some random-otherwise useless items, and he teaches you old moves, Because if there is, i havent found it yet.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
He's in the house between Pastoria City and Hearthome City to the West - the long Marshy route. You need to bring him Heart Scales - which you will find rather easily in The Underground.

okay, weired, when i went looking in the area you specified, all i found was a house with two girls and you give one of them shards for Tms.... I DID however, find the move tutor IN pastoria...

Doc how do I get a Glameow ??? ??? ??? sorry ;D ;D[move][/move]
8eabc3eee616c204b5f89f796a977031.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Is there any way to get Darkrai and Shaymin in the English version of Pokemon Diamond?

Not without hacking/waiting for news on the official Nintendo events, no.

[quote author=nick lol link=topic=1251.msg16182#msg16182 date=1178064414]
Doc how do I get a Glameow ??? ??? ??? sorry ;D ;D[move][/move]
[/quote]

By catching it.

B

Banfit King Jing

Ive searched every where and I still can't find a dang rod. Where are they found?

Old Rod - Talk to the Fisherman in the building on your way west of Jubilife City and answer Yes to his question.

Good Rod - On Route 209, talk to the Fisherman on the dock and answer Yes to his question to receive the Good Rod.

Super Rod - In the Fight Area, talk to a Fisherman in the north western part of the area and answer Yes to his.

I dont know if this is wrong or not but do you open pal park after the elite 4 or after the national pokedex because some are in the pokedex and it would be easyer like a silver/gold trading with yellow/blue/red?

i know i'm not the doc, but after the national dex, and it's like safari zone with the pokemon you transfered with master balls. except they're called park balls.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
In a way, yes, but as far as the Sinnoh dex is concerned all you need to do is see all 150 Pokemon. You don't need to catch all of 'em, and Manaphy isn't counted.

just tell what the blanks are, and i'll tell you, or the doc will if he gets to it first ((and sorry if you feel like i'm usurping your thread, doc, in which case i'll stop))

burmy, wormadam, mothim, finneon, lumineon, respectively.

the burmies you can get from sweet honey trees, at level 20 if it's a female it'll evolve into a wormadam, if male mothim.

finneon evolves into lumineon at lvl 28, and you can get finneon by fishing with a good rod most places.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
where can i catch it

From the D/P forum rules:

4) "Where do I find a Buizel?" or "At what level will my Bidoof evolve?" topics - anything along those lines - will be deleted on sight. If you have a question like that, just check the Pokedex: http://www.pokecharms.com/webdex and your answer will be rather easily revealed.

3rd warning, nick. Either you haven't read the rules or you're ignoring them, but I suggest you change your posting style now. There is no reason for all this spam you keep posting >>