• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask Teh Doc

however unfortunately, but you can restart the game if you want to, even if it's not exactly recommended. on that note, most pokemon games have incredible replay value.

Emerald style, but they do look, on the whole, better.

The Elite 4 is in the far west of Shino on their own island, you can see them and all the other locations by hovering your mouse over this map:

[flash=458,348]http://www.pokecharms.com/shinomap.swf[/flash]

Well, it does rain and snow quite a bit. The terrain is also pretty rough and rugged too, a lot of mountainous areas and quite a bit of muddy marshy areas too. Pretty much makes like Hoenn look like a Summer Resort.

The music sounds great - some of it is remixed but that's always good too IMO. Judge for yourself though with these midis of the theme, Game Corner and a few random battle themes attatched.
Well the elite for on their island thats dum why cant they share one like on all the other games

i'm sorry, but that was hard to decipher. please be a bit clearer, and i'll try to help. however, if it was just a comment, please move it elsewhere. this is a thread for questions and queries.

I need to ask this because it has been bugging me everytime I go to the darn computer in the game. Is it going to keep saying Someone's PC forever or is there someone I missed when I went through the game?

I need to ask this because it has been bugging me everytime I go to the darn computer in the game. Is it going to keep saying Someone's PC forever or is there someone I missed when I went through the game?

You missed Bebe in Hearthome City. I'm pretty sure it's the house beside the Pokemon Center. After you beat E4 and get the National Dex, she'll give you an Eevee.

I have a question Doc...I heard a rumor that you could get a Riolu and Lucario seperatly. One on Iron Mountain and another from a weird series of events in the place with the sailor...Is this true, or is the only one with Riley in Iron Mountain?

I have searched the boards and no one has answered this question:

What is Wi-Fi and how does it work? Do you just got to your local coffee shop, McDonald's, or any hotspot and start trading or something? I don't get it.

Sorry if this question has been asked already but I'm desperate.

Nevermind.

I don't know if this has been asked before but...

Is it true that if you have only the following in your party:

Pokemon
Egg
Fainted Pokemon
Fainted Pokemon

And if you get into a double battle, will the egg transform into a Pokemon?

Oh, and do you have any advice on catching Azelf? Cuz I can't seem to secure it.

I don't know if this has been asked before but...

Is it true that if you have only the following in your party:

Pokemon
Egg
Fainted Pokemon
Fainted Pokemon

And if you get into a double battle, will the egg transform into a Pokemon?

Oh, and do you have any advice on catching Azelf? Cuz I can't seem to secure it.

I've seen a Youtube video of it; the egg turns into a Missingno.-like thing.

And as for Azelf, Dusk Balls are your friend. Other then that, just keep at it. Make sure it's got a status effect that's not Poison, Burn, or Confusion, and keep chucking balls at it.

And as for Azelf, Dusk Balls are your friend. Other then that, just keep at it. Make sure it's got a status effect that's not Poison, Burn, or Confusion, and keep chucking balls at it.

you don't even need to give it a status effect, just make sure its health is low and you have about 10 dusk balls. it only took me 6 dusk balls to capture it, and worst comes to worst you can just hard-reset to capture it.

Good because I use an emulator and can't get any pokemon from outside the game
unless i used codes, but that's totally against my principles and is out of the question
thanks for the info

i would like to ask somthing concerning this

any idea if this missingno is safe or dangurous?or perhaps a link to the video?I've never gotten to see a missingno in any game (not even red :( ) and i dont wanna risk the advance gen cause i've heard its a definite deletion.

I caught a missing No. in Red and nothing happened to my game or my pokemon, but there are two Missing No. like things and one causes a pokevirus that infects your pokemon and not in the good way.

I caught a missing No. in Red and nothing happened to my game or my pokemon, but there are two Missing No. like things and one causes a pokevirus that infects your pokemon and not in the good way.

from what i've read the 1st gen missingno was generally harmless,helpful,and in some ways fun to play around with (its also the only bird type in the entire series).The one that i believe causes major damage is advanced generations missingno.I've heard though that that adv gen missingno normally showed up from action replay abuse

Also...does anyone know what side effects bad egg can have on a game if its left there? (as in you save after getting one)

btw,i'm also interested in this pokevirus you speak of

the pokerus or pokevirus is usually found in a pokemon at random and infects your whole team and boosts their statss way up and they level up faster but over time they lose it
the bad one distorts pixels and ruins your game
although i don't know if it too is called the pokevirus

This isn't the video I was thinking of, but it shows the glitch as well. Here. The video I saw incidentally, was in the English version, and used a regular Pokemon, a fainted Pokemon, and an egg.

I do not believe this Misiingno has any negative effects on your game, but I could be mistaken; I've not done it myself.

the pokerus or pokevirus is usually found in a pokemon at random and infects your whole team and boosts their statss way up and they level up faster but over time they lose it

not exactly. though it is usually found in a wild pokemon at random, this event is somewhat rare. pokerus doubles the amount of evs your pokemon get at the end of a battle. very, very handy for ev training. the only downside to pokerus is that it does not work in cooperation with exp. share. if you give a pokemon with pokerus exp share, and put it at the back of the party, and go to fight a staravia or something, it will still only gain 2 ev, as opposed to 4 if it were participating in the battle. also, in 1/3 battles, pokerus will spread to another pokemon in your party. usually, in under 20 battles, you can have your entire team infected.
this virus will always be in any pokemon it infects, however, it is only contagious during a 36 hour period. if you wish to halt this period, and save the contagious pokerus for other pokemon you may want to train, you can put the infected/contagious pokemon in the computer. this will pause the 36 hour timer, so that you may bring it out any time you wish.

hope that's thorough enough.

I still have one more glitch question...asked a bit up...Does anyone perhaps know what bad egg does?

also i found a neat site that explains all about the original missingno,if it interests anyone

http://www.trsrockin.com/missingno4.html

Can I trade pokemon using Wi-fi if I have an EU DS and game to people in the US?

I believe you have to beat the game first,theres a guy in the end-game isle (dont know its name) that will upgrade the pokedex to hold foreign pokedex entries.I'm not entirely sure if its required,but the best thing to do i suppose is test it with a friend.

A question from me...does anyone know exactly how much power up equipment increases an effect?(plates,odd incense,magnet,etc)

Can I trade pokemon using Wi-fi if I have an EU DS and game to people in the US?

I traded with a few US people before the Elite Four and I was fine. The Pokédex number was merely '???' but when I got the national dex after the Elite Four they filled in fine. There's no need to worry, you can trade.

Last edited by a moderator:
A question from me...does anyone know exactly how much power up equipment increases an effect?(plates,odd incense,magnet,etc)

I believe it's an increase of 20%. Either that, or the plates are 20% and the other equipment is 10%. I know the equipment used to be 10%, but they may have gotten a boost.

The electric booster (Elecirizer?) comes from wild Elekid. You can find those at Valley Windworks when FireRed is inserted in the GBA slot in your DS. By Sharp Claw do you mean Razor Claw? If so, you can find one on Route 224, Victory Road, and Battle Park. You can find a Proctector on Route 228.

The electric booster (Elecirizer?) comes from wild Elekid. You can find those at Valley Windworks when FireRed is inserted in the GBA slot in your DS. By Sharp Claw do you mean Razor Claw? If so, you can find one on Route 224, Victory Road, and Battle Park. You can find a Proctector on Route 228.

Does the Elecirizer make Electabuzz evolve, and if so, when?