• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask Teh Doc

No I don't have any of those, It says that he loves the move and he wants to hold onto it. Or something like that :-X

put surf on another pokemon, and then try it. according to gamespot, he won't delete the last pokemon that has it, according to http://www.gamespot.com/ds/rpg/pokemonpearl/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-35039653&pid=925602&page=8

it's about half way down, a post by jak7733.

Thanks for the help. That brings me to another question... I have no Idea what to do on my Diamond game. What's his name just took that stone from Stark mountain and I don't know what to do now....

he'll need to take it back. talk to him again, and he'll take it back. after that, you can go to stark mountain, and where he found the stone there will be heatran. catch it if you want.

No, no, I meant that some of the new Pokemon, like Rotom, Rhyperior, Magmortar, and Electivire are avaliable only after you get the National Dex. That's a little odd; no game has done that before.

I mean, Emerald (for example) let you have access to new Pokemon after the Elite Four were defeated, but they were from Generation 2. Diamond and Pearl are the only games that prevent you from getting certain Pokemon from that generation until after the Elite Four were beaten.

No, no, I meant that some of the new Pokemon, like Rotom, Rhyperior, Magmortar, and Electivire are avaliable only after you get the National Dex. That's a little odd; no game has done that before.

I mean, Emerald (for example) let you have access to new Pokemon after the Elite Four were defeated, but they were from Generation 2. Diamond and Pearl are the only games that prevent you from getting certain Pokemon from that generation until after the Elite Four were beaten.

2 of the pokemon you said,would require that 4 old generation pokemon be added to the sinnoh dex as well (magby magmar elekid electribuzz).I believe some pokemon were kept out till national to preserve a solid 150(1) pokemon.Especially since you had to be able to see them all to get your national.This would also mean that these pokemon would have to be possible to find under normal circumstances,removing the need for inserts and pokeradar on these pokemon

Eh, I don't know if this question belongs here, but I'll ask it anyway.

In Pokemon Sapphire, does Latios appear anywhere, including caves and the like? And do you have to shift to a different location to make Latios move? Sorry if I asked this in the wrong place.

Latios doesn't appear in caves or towns but hr does appear over water routes. But I'm not sure how to make him shift. I don't think he teleports when you use Fly though.

When you insert FireRed version, how long should it take for a wild Elekid to appear? I went to the designated area and couldn't find one with an Electrizer, let alone any at all. I want one with Electrizer so I may trade for a Magby with Magmarizer for my brother.

Thank you in advance!

First off do you have the national dex? If not, no Elekid will appear. And what version do you have? Electrizers are more common in one version over the other. I'm looking at ny guide book and I'm confused: are the Elekid themselves more common in Pearl or are the Eletrizers the item more common in Pearl?

There should be Elekid there as soon as you insert FireRed. But they are uncommon so you have to have a little patience.

Does an Eevee have to be a certain level to evolve into a leafoen? (sp?) I know about the mossy rock but I have no clue how to go about evolving it.

Right now I can't test this out myself so I'll ask all of you:

Does Migrating cause Pokemon that evolve by trade to actually evolve? I know that migrated Pokemon get a boost in experience points but will Pokemon like Haunter and Kadabra evolve?

Nope, since they're not actually being traded. The exp boost happened because the trainer ID isn't the same, but since you 'catch' them again in Pal Park no trading takes place and as such no evolution.

For an earlier question about Latias/Latios movements-

Every time you 'zone,' such as entering Mauville, it will move two routes. If you watch the Pokedex if you've ENCOUNTERED it before, it will say the route it's on. If you're not on your route, don't bother moving to the one it's on currently- It will simply get further away.

Your best bet is to get to Mauville, then go to the left, top, or bottom route, unless you have Surf, then you can go to the right. Check your Dex every time. If he is one Route away from the one you're on, enter Mauville and go to a different route.

[Edit] Yeah, I'm slow... Didn't mean captured.

UC, yes, it does. after anywhere from 4-12 hours, a pokemon (sometimes rare) will show up on the tree, and the tree will wiggle as such. this gives you opportunities to catch pokemon not otherwise catchable in the game, i.e. burmy, aipom, combee.

Can I only catch Growlithe in my Pearl, while my FR is in, after I get the National Dex?

Also, some people mentioned an item called the "Pokeradar". What is it?

Can I only catch Growlithe in my Pearl, while my FR is in, after I get the National Dex?

Also, some people mentioned an item called the "Pokeradar". What is it?

Based on Psypoke,Growlithe indeed can only be gotten in routes 201 and 202 when firered is inserted into the DS.All inserts can only be obtained after getting the national dex.

Along with the national dex,you get an item called the Pokeradar,it forces pokemon to show it.They will shake certain parts of the grass when the item is used in the same spot.If you contiously faint the pokemon the grass will shake more.By doing one that shakes like the grass originally shaked you can get the same pokemon as the previous.People say this increases the odds of a shiny pokemon.

Finally,the pokeradar will force out pokemon that do not normally show up,and national pokemon can only be found this way (or on the end-game isle)

Thank you, Goemon2057... Darn, I wanted an Arcanine for the Elite Four.

The Pokéradar sounds rather interesting, though. I will have to work harder on getting the National Dex.

Last edited by a moderator:

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
I ment, does putting 2 honeys on a tree do anything different than putting only one.
I want to know the answer to this too - just discovered by accident today that you can put two honeys on the same tree at the same time. (I thought it was a bug!).

Also, my Prima guide implies that different trees have different probabilities of attracting the rarer Pokemon. Is this true?

Lets say I teach Snorlax the elemental punches in Emerald...If I tried to breed a Munchlax with Zen headbutt...would it get the punches too?

Lets say I teach Snorlax the elemental punches in Emerald...If I tried to breed a Munchlax with Zen headbutt...would it get the punches too?

I don't think so. I looked at Munchlax's serebii dex entry and I doesn't seem to learn the elemental punches in any manner. But you should give it a shot anyway. Just in case I'm wrong.

A bred Pokemon learns its moves from its father, if I'm not mistaken. It can be born with moves known by the mother only if the father knows them too. That includes moves they both learn by level-up, which aren't normally known by the Pokemon upon hatching. At least, that's how it worked in GSC.

Okay... Beat Up. How does it work? My first assumption was "base 10 power, stronger if you have more Pokemon in your team... so that's like if this Sneasel here had a base 60 power attack, considering my team is full."
But then when I tried the attack out on a wild Golbat, it was laughably terrible. So what gives? Does it calculate the damage for each "hit" from Sneasel's attack stat, or the stats of each Pokemon on my team?
Because the rest of my team was a bunch of level 10's and then a level 63 Torterra, which could explain that awful damage. XD

Sorry, doc, but i did fifty yesterday and I did the elite 4 on my third day also I have allready been on it 55hrs 56 minutes. Maybe, it's the pokemon u start with that effects how u do it. I started with Chimchar, or maybe the game.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Do any of you guys know how I can evolve my Kadabra to Alakazam?? in emerald. It's so frickin hard, or I need in evolving pokemons who can only evolve through trades in general.

Are you supposed to see your legendary dragon (Dialga/Palkia) twice if you don't catch it? (I was training something and ended up at the Spear Pillar and Dialga was there again. I had killed it the first time I saw it.)

Yes, that's normal, I believe. I think it was done so that if you die against it the first time - since you had just had, what, 3 moderately hard battles before it - you wouldn't be out of luck.

You can't catch Shaymin without hacking. You need a key item (Oak's Letter) given to you at a Nintendo event or moive. As of now, every Shaymin is hacked.