• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join A Journey in Alola!

Pichu started to stagger on the ice with worry, as it saw Vulpix approach. "Jump!" Teiran ordered. "Pounce,mans use tackle!" She ordered again. Pichu did so, worried this may not work.

Icy wind didn't freeze Pichu, but it sure stopped it. Icy wind blew Pichu up, and flung him to the side, making him breath heavily. He was hurt badly but wasn't giving up. Then Teiran gasped, as she saw the strangest thing. A bright blue light surrounded Pichu, and as soon as it was there, it was gone, and Pichu had evolved into Pikachu! Teiran smiled, and threw a hand to the side. "Use Thunderwave!" Teiran exclaimed, as Pikachu started to charge at Vulpix.

SaiyanDakon

Previously UnovaTrainerGlacier
Glacier was dropped off by the ferry from the Hoenn Region that now settled in the Melemele Island port known as Hau'oli City. "The Alola Region is made up of four different islands." Glacier told Aero, Zoroark and Metagross,"There are new Pokemon waiting to be found here." They all agreed that it would be best to keep a low profile because this was also a sacred region. As they walked around a bit they noticed two trainers battling with a Pikachu and an Vulpix. "I wonder who they are?" Glacier said to himself. He cautiously walked up to the edge of the battlefield and waited until they were finished.

(We're on Akala Island)

Daniel was quickly growing bored of the cyclical battle, amd hoped that it would be over soon. He really wanted to be off doig something, instead of sitting here in his wheelchair, watching the seemingly interminable fight.

SaiyanDakon

(Oh...sorry, could i acquire a Z-Ring after my Melemele Grand Trial or the Normal Type Trial?)

Glacier went to a place called Iki Town to participate in the Island Challenge. There he saw the Island Kahuna, Hala. "Excuse me, sir!" Glacier shouted to Hala. He looked over to see Glacier waving at him. "Ah...who are you, young one?" Hala asked. "My name is Glacier... I come from the Unova Region to get stronger here. I want to participate in the Island Challenge and achieve a Z-Ring." Glacier explained. "I see...well in that case, you might want to go to Verdant Cavern." Hala told him, "There, Ilima will be waiting for you.", "Thank you Island Kahuna." Glacier told him and bowed. Now he knew where to go.

(You need acceptance from @StellarWind Elsydeon or @Teapot , or another official.)

Teiran saw Daniel, who seemed uncomfortable just watching. Teiran did feel a little bad for him, but not much. She turned to the battle field, waiting to see if Pikachu's Thunderwave would hit Vulpix or not. It was a close match.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Actually, had you read the rules properly, you'd realize that the restrictions apply towards mega rings and mega evolutions. Z-rings are not restricted in any way, so long as they don't have the mega ring upgrade which you get post-game in sun/moon. ^^

However, you should remember that Z-rings are given to trainers by island Kahunas (who craft them from stones that are either created by or protected by the Tapus - it's a bit vague) - but trainers don't necessarily have to defeat a grand trial to get a Z-ring from a Kahuna. I think most of them get one beforehand as Z-rings and Z-crystals are so integral to the island challenge. So your character most likely got their Z-ring from the Kahuna of the island they're native to (if from Alola) or at least, the one who sent them off on their island challenge to begin with. ^^

I'd advise you folks to read the rules before providing advice to others, or asking questions that may be answered by such. It is only logical!

Last edited:
(Sorry. I'm used to having to ask. And to be completely honest, I did read the rules properly. But, that was a while ago, after my first shut down Role play. And yes, you may be able to require a Z ring.)

SaiyanDakon

(Thank you StellarWind, for the advisement. I mostly appreciate it)

Glacier went past the cities and routes till he finally made it to Verdant Cavern. Ilima was waiting like Hala said he would. "Greetings, newcomer."Ilima said," I am Ilima. Might i ask, who are you?" "Oh...I'm Glacier and this is my partner, Zoroark." Jay said. Zoroark was eager to participate in the Island Challenge as well. "Hala has told me you would come...There are two Pokemon you need to defeat first: a Yungoos and a Gumshoos. Then shall the Totem Pokemon recognize your strength." Ilima explained. "After you defeat the Totem, you shall be rewarded with the Normalium Z Crystal and Hala might or will give you a Z-Ring." Zoroark grinned as if to say," A Pokemon that's taller than me, no big deal..." "Oh no, Zoroark. You're not battling." Jay said. "Aero is battling the supporters ,but you'll be battling Totem Gumshoos." Zoroark looked down sadly, but quickly perked up as he would battle the Totem.

Last edited:
Thunder Wave hit Vulpix and paralyzed it! Vulpix fell to the ground and squealed. "Vulpix," exclaimed Kyle, "I believe in you!" Vulpix stood up and suddenly, it shot a beam of ice from its mouth straight towards Pikachu, but staggered afterwards. It learned Ice Beam!

"Pikachu, Jump, and use Thundershock, full power!" Teiran shouted, as Pikachu jumped over the Ice beam, and charged at the Alolan Vulpix, while Teiran was hoping for a hit. Her fingers were crossed, as Pikachu neared Vulpix, cheeks sparking, as it launched a large bolt of electricity.

SaiyanDakon

As the three of them walked into Verdant Cavern, the air became a little thicker than normal. "There..." said Ilima, pointing at a Yungoos and Gumshoos. "Those two are the supporters of the Totem Pokemon." Zoroark stood her ground as the two supporters approached them. "Go! Aero!" Glacier said as he released Aero to battle the supporting Pokemon. Aero's mighty and ancient roar meant to the Gumshoos and Yungoos that they were in trouble or that they were in for a real fight. "Aero! Use Rock Slide!" Glacier said as he called out the move. Aero took down the Gumshoos and Yungoos with ease and was ready for the Totem. Loud stomping could be heard from the deepest part of the cave as the Totem Pokemon, Gumshoos, stood watching Glacier, Zoroark, Aero and Ilima. "Behold, the Totem Pokemon." Ilima said. The Totem Pokemon stood over 5 feet tall. "It's huge..." Glacier said, worried, "Aero, return." He called back the Aerodactyl back in its Luxury Ball. "You ready for this Zoroark?" Glacier asked. Zoroark looked at Glacier with sheer determination and nodded. The battle began once the large Gumshoos roared so loud it could be heard all over Alola.

Teiran heard a loud roar, causing her to turn around, but she quickly turned her attention back to the battle field. Pikachu, luckily, hadn't flinched from the sound, focused so deeply on the battle at hand.

SaiyanDakon

Gumshoos unleashed a powerful Tackle attack on Zoroark, but wasn't enough to take it down. "Zoroark! Use your Flamethrower!" Glacier called out. Zoroark happily obliged and used Flamethrower on the Totem, but Gumshoos stood its ground. Gumshoos soon used a Scary Face to lower Zoroark's speed, but it didn't lower the speed that much. "Zoroark! Use Night Slash!" Glacier shouted. Zoroark used a swift Night Slash and thought the battle was over until she realized the Totem was still standing. Zoroark and Glacier looked in astonishment of how much conviction Gumshoos was showing. Gumshoos then used another Tackle and Zoroark went flying to the wall. "Zoroark!" Glacier yelled. He was worried for his partner Pokemon that was injured, but to his amazement, Zoroark was up again, showing way more determination. She howled at the Totem loudly and Gumshoos did return the shout right back at her, which caused a slight tremor in the cavern. "Zoroark! Let's finish this! Flamethrower!" Glacier shouted. Zoroark's mighty Flamethrower was able to bring down the Totem Pokemon. Zoroark leaned on Glacier because of how tired she was. "You did excellent, Zoroark...well done." Glacier said to her, approving of her work. Zoroark was pleased with herself and chuckled. "I'm impressed." Ilima began, "I have not seen such strong battling in a while. You have successfully defeated the Totem Pokemon, therefore i reward with the Normalium Z Crystal." Glacier took the Z Crystal out of Ilima's hand and thanked him. Soon, after recovering Gumshoos and his supporters, Glacier and Ilima departed Verdant Cavern and went to Iki Town to face Hala as Island Kahuna.

Vulpix may have been newly hatched, but Teiran shouldn't underestimate its speed. "Vulpix, give it all you got! Shoot another Ice Beam at that Thunderbolt!" The two moves collided, and a cloud formed around the battlefield.

SaiyanDakon

"Congratulations, Glacier, on defeating the Totem Pokemon, Gumshoos!" Hala exclaimed. "Here is your Z Ring." The Z Ring had a little slot in it to put Z Crystals in and to use the Z move. "Thank you Kahuna Hala." Glacier said. "I promise to use Z moves if necessary." Zoroark was still tired from battling Gumshoos, so Glacier let her rest. "So, my young Glacier, are you ready to challenge me as Kahuna of this Island?" Hala asked. "You know I'm more than ready, sir!" Glacier shouted, excited. Hala laughed with joy. "All righty then! Let us begin. "He said. The battle arena in Iki Town was smaller than most battlefields Glacier had seen, but it didn't make a difference. He decided on using Metagross for the battle. "This will be a 1 on 1 Pokemon Grand Trail between Hala, Kahuna of Melemele , and the challenger, Glacier!" Ilima said. "1st Pokemon down is for one side is the loser for that trainer. Understand?" "Got it!" Glacier and Hala said in unison. "Let the battle begin!!" Ilima shouted. "Hariyama! Go!" Hala shouted. His Hariyama was tough, Glacier knew, but it would soon be brought down. "Metagross! Lets Go!!" Glacier commanded. Metagross was not intimated by the Hariyama, more of the opposite. "You have the first move, Glacier." Hala said, preparing something. "Metagross! Bullet Punch!" Metagross unleashed a divine Bullet Punch on Hariyama, causing it to stagger a bit. "Hariyama! Use Knock Off!" Hariyama used a Knock Off on Metagross that Metagross almost moved.

"Now, Pikachu, in the dark!" Teiran shouted. Pikachu jumped from the clouds, unhurt, and launched electricity everywhere on the battlefield, due to not knowing where Vulpix was. Teiran fist pumped at Pikachu's move, thinking she had the battle won.

SaiyanDakon

"Metagross! Zen Headbutt!" Glacier commanded. Metagross used a Zen Headbutt on Hariyama that it almost lost, but stayed in the battle due to its fighting spirit. "Hariyama... Unleash the full power of our fighting and determined souls! All-Out Pummeling!" Hala shouted as he did the Fightium Z move. Hariyama used a series of punches then went for the final blow, but it still wasn't enough to take down Metagross. "All right Metagross! Lets show them what we got!! Use Breakneck Blitz!!" Glacier exclaimed with sheer determination as he executed the Normalium Z move. Metagross charged at Hariyama and knocked it down. "Kahuna Hala's Pokemon is unable to battle, meaning the victory goes to Glacier and Metagross!" Ilima said. "We won?....We won!!" Glacier shouted as he congratulated Metagross on a successful Z move. Hala said," Here you go, young man." He handed Glacier the Fightium Z Crystal and taught him the pose as well. "You must be heading off to Akala Island then...There are more trials and Pokemon awaiting you there." Hala said. Glacier, Metagross, Zoroark, and Aero celebrated as Professor Kukui took them to Akala Island on his boat. As Glacier got there...he saw a battle taking place. He hurried along to watch as he got off the boat and Kukui yelled," Have fun out there!" Glacier waved bye to Kukui as he steered his boat back to Melemele Island.

(One of you is going to have to lose at some point...)

Daniel heard the cries of a nearby trainer, but decided to ignore them, as he busied himself with other matters. With Kemen coming soon, for the showcase, he'd decided that he wanted to give his gifts to him in person.

He wrapped up the tail rings, and popped them in a pretty box, along with some notes that he'd written.

Last edited:

SaiyanDakon

As Glacier watched the battle take place, he analyzed the Pokemon battling. "The Alolan Vulpix is very quick..but it looks like it just hatched." Glacier said to himself, "The Pikachu has had more training than the Vulpix, but its attacks are a lot more effective than a Pichu." Aero went out of the Luxury Ball and flew above the battle to see better. Glacier stepped out of the shadows and said" Aero! Come back here." Aero still hovered above the battle, ignoring Glacier. "That's it...back in the Luxury Ball." Glacier said. He was about to call back Aero until he realized what he was doing. It was a year ago that Aero was defeated by electric types and ice types. He wanted to battle them to prove he wasn't weak to them. "I now understand, Aero." Glacier said. "You want to train against electric and ice types...don't you?" Aero looked back at Glacier and nodded. Then he flew down and landed on the ground next to him. "I knew you'd get it, buddy." Glacier said to Aero, pleased.

Last edited:
When he saw the move, Kyle realized he had to act fast. "Vulpix, one last time! Spin, and use Ice Beam to make a shield!" The Ice Beam covered Vulpix and almost reached the point where the move was going to be completely deflected, until Vulpix's paralysis caught up with it and made it stable. The move hit Vulpix, sent it flying back, and knocked it out.

"Vulpix!" exclaimed Kyle, running to his fallen Pokemon. It turned its head to its Trainer and purred. Kyle smiled, picked it up, and said, "You battled incredibly! This was your first time, so don't go too hard on yourself! Plus, if Pichu hadn't become Pikachu, I'm sure you would've won!" Kyle didn't know if this was actually true, but he believed in his Pokemon.

He turned to Teiran. "That was an awesome battle!"

SaiyanDakon

"That was an excellent battle, you two!" Glacier said to the two trainers. The attack from Pikachu was so devasting that it surprised Aero. "My name is Glacier. I come from the Unova Region. This is Zoroark and Aero, two of my Pokemon. Who are you?" Glacier said, introducing his team and himself.

Daniel was pushed forward by Lopunny, relieved that at last, the battle had ended. It had seemed like it would go on forever...

Spotting the new trainer, he decided to introduce himself. "Nice to meet someone else from Unova," he greeted, "I'm Daniel, and this is Lopunny," and he gestured to the rabbit behind him.

SaiyanDakon

"Greetings, Daniel. Did you move here or are you visiting Alola?" Glacier asked. As soon as he finished his question, Glacier's C-gear rang. "Hello?...Yes I made...Please do send Sneasel and Totodile..I'd bet they be delighted. Okay...I'll see you in 4 months." Glacier said finishing his call with Alder. Zoroark looked curiously at Daniel and nudged him in the elbow as a sign of affection. Aero was still staring intentionally at Pikachu and Vulpix.

Daniel jerked his arm away, as he felt Zoroark nudge him, and Lopunny scolded the creature, for daring to touch her master. Still, it was kinda nice to see a pokemon from his home region here. He hadn't seen one sonce Accumula Town...

SaiyanDakon

All Zoroark could do was grin at Daniel and Lopunny. "Sorry...She's really affectionate when she isn't battling someone." Glacier said. "Sorry...I had to take that call...It was from my dad." Aero flew above the two trainers who battled and inspected closely with his eagle-like vision. "GLACIER!!" someone shouted. Zoroark, Glacier, and Aero turned to see Nova and an Espeon running toward them.

"Hello, Glacier!" exclaimed Kyle. "My name is Kyle, and I see you've already met Vulpix," he said as he held up his Pokemon, who quickly recovered from the battle and squealed. He pointed to his Salazzle, who sat near Daniel, and introduced it to Glacier. Salazzle waved.

@Yellow.anime

"It's fine," Daniel assured him, crossing his legs, as Lopunny continued to scold the creature. As Daniel's service pokemon, she wouldn't let any unfamiliar creatures touch him with a ten foot pole, unless they were other service pokemon. It was her duty to look after him anyway. It was the sole purpose that she had been given to him.

SaiyanDakon

"Its very nice to meet you Kyle, and you too Vulpix and Salazzle." Glacier said kindly. Nova and her Espeon ran to Glacier and Zoroark. "Glacier! I told you I'd make it here!" Nova said, showing her skill. "I'm glad to see you too, Nova." Glacier said, hugging his little sister. "I see Eevee hatched and evolved." He said, pointing to Espeon. Espeon looked delighted to see Zoroark and Aero, but looked around to find Metagross. "Who are they?" Nova asked. "This is Kyle with an Alolan Vulpix and Salazzle. This is Daniel and Lopunny. "Glacier introduced Nova to everyone. "This is my younger sister, Nova."

(You can't have two characters)

"Good afternoon," Daniel greeted, as Lopunny mirrored the greeting in pokemon speak.

The boy shifted about in his wheelchair, attempting to make himself a little more comfortable. He'd been in the same position for a while, and his body was starting to cramp up...

SaiyanDakon

(Sorry about that)

"Kyle...I would like to battle you or your friend over there." Glacier said, pointing at the trainer with a Pikachu. "It would be a lot of fun to battle against alolan trainers." He suggested. Zoroark looked at Kyle hopefully, as did Aero. Glacier laughed and spoke, "Sorry...they like battling as much as relaxing. Its a habit I'm used to. So...will you accept my challenge?" He asked, determined.

"I...." started Kyle, but then thought of how his previous battle with Teiran turned out. "I have a Contest coming up, and I want my Pokemon to rest up, but after that is over, I will definitely battle you!"

SaiyanDakon

"I'll be looking forward to that battle, Kyle!" Glacier commented. "Good luck on your contest!" Zoroark, Aero, and Glacier all tried to get him motivated for his contest. "You'll do great! I know you will!" He said encouragely.

(Oh my! I hadn't realized I missed so much...notifications. Thanks, Noir!)

Teiran picked up Pikachu, and congratulated it. But she saw Kyle, walked over to him, and said, "Thank you so much! I I hadn't battled you, Pikachu would've never evolved, and my Pokemon couldn't have gained any experience." Teiran then walked away, into the Pokemon Center, healing her Pokemon.

SaiyanDakon

Glacier saw the trainer go to the Pokemon Center with her Pikachu. "Who is that?" Glacier asked Kyle. Metagross came out of its Luxury Ball and tackled Glacier a bit. He pet Metagross and allowed him to stay out along with Aero and Zoroark. "Metagross...never tackle me..." Glacier said, his back hurting. Metagross's head felt like diamonds just being found in lava.

When Teiran and her Pokemon were refreshed, she returned her others to their Pokeballs, leaving Popplio out. Popplio jumped onto her shoulder, as she walked outside of the Pokemon Center, now seeing someone new. "Hello? Who may you be?" she asked the stranger, Popplio tensing at the stranger.

SaiyanDakon

"Greetings...I'm Glacier...and these are my partners..Zoroark, Metagross, and Aero. I'm on my way to take the trials here and on the other two islands. Who are you, exactly?" Glacier said to the other trainer. Zoroark and Aero looked at the Popplio with intensity. Metagross practiced Giga Impact on a Tree.

"Let me introduce you two," said Kyle. "Teiran, Glacier; Glacier, Teiran!" He went and got his Pokemon healed, and as he went back to meet up with the group, he saw a strange thing: a Rockruff holding a flyer. He approached the Pokemon and saw that the flyer held the date to the Contest, which happened to be tomorrow. (I can edit this if its not Ok with you, Roi, because I guess you're also in the Contest). He thanked the Rockruffand walked away, but the Rockruff followed him. Along with it came a Bounsweet, and Kyle was getting a little confused by this. Then, he realized what they were trying to say.

"You want to be in that Contest tomorrow?" The Rockruff nodded. Kyle laughed. "Ok, then, let's go see what Teiran thinks about you!" He picked up the Rockruff, and Bounsweet followed him as well. Maybe Teiran would like this one!