• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join A Journey in Alola!

SaiyanDakon

Previously UnovaTrainerGlacier
"Nice to meet you Terian" Glacier said. He saw Kyle come back with a Rockruff and a Bounsweet. "Wow! A Rockruff!" Glacier exclaimed. He wondered if the Rockruff was a wild one. "I'm guessing it wants to be in the contest." He said. "Along with that Bounsweet. What kind of contest is this?" Glacier asked.

SaiyanDakon

"Oh!! Like Pokemon Showcases right?" Glacier said, finally understanding. Zoroark seemed intrigued and wanted to participate in a the Pokemon Contest. "I don't if we can." Glacier told Zoroark. "We might or we might not...is it possible that we may join in?" He asked Kyle.

"Well, maybe not this one, cause you're going in completely unprepared," said Kyle, "but in the next town over, there will be a Contest, and hopefully, you'll be ready by then! But if you're up for the challenge, do it!"

SaiyanDakon

"I understand. Hopefully I will be prepared." Glacier told Kyle. He noticed behind him there was a Pokeball and a Dusk Ball. "Did he actually send them over?" He said to himself. "Come out Sneasel and Totodile!" Sneasel was out of the Dusk Ball and she already a had sunglasses on her. Totodile on the other hand had a small cap on his head and jumped on Glacier's shoulder as if to say "Hey! Long time no see!" Sneasel glared at Kyle, Daniel and Terian then looked away, arrogant as usual. "Good to see you both made it here safely." Glacier told his two new members of the team.

Lopunny glared back, promising that she'd rip that pokemon to shreds, should it hurt her master.

"Either way, I'm winning this contest," Daniel added, "After being forced to miss the last one, I have to win now!"

SaiyanDakon

Sneasel looked at the Lopunny with a little more curiosity. Totodile and Zoroark were recounting memories from when they separated. "Okay...a question then. Why were you forced not to go to the last contest?" Glacier asked. Aero looked at Pikachu and Terian with even greater intensity. Metagross fully understood how to accomplish Giga Impact without missing its attack.

"I was ill," Daniel simply answered. He didn't want to explain his illness to a total stranger, lest he be judged. His wheelchair was enough of a giveaway that something was up with him, not that he wanted to tell him exactly what.

Lopunny adjusted her vest, moving Daniel backwards.

"Well it's nice to meet you, Glacier." Teiran said, holding out her hand. Popplio made himself friendly, by messing around with Zoarark and Aero. Teiran turned to see Kyle holding a Rockruff, and a Bounsweet following them. They were both really cute. Teiran just had to see what he was doing. "You grabbing new pals?" she asked, as she gave him a smile.

SaiyanDakon

"I understand Kyle." Glacier said. Totodile looked at the Popplio and looked back slightly, blushing. "Can one of you tell me where is the trial site for Firium Z?" H asked. Glacier knew that fire types would be a breeze because now he had Totodile and Aero to help him out. Then he suggested that he should take out the Water type trial. "I need to pass the trials here in order to continue."

"Well, I'm headed to the fire trial next, and I've passed the water trial. But I don't mind heading back. Anyone object?" Teiran asked, looking back at her friends. Popplio saw Totodile blushing, and obliviously, didn't know why. Popplio, being a male at young age, was very oblivious to things.

SaiyanDakon

"Totodile is female, so no doubt it has a crush on Popplio." Glacier told Terian. Zoroark was more interested in battling the totem Pokemon of Akala Island than worrying about Totodile. "I looked on a map and it said that the trial site is Wela Volcano Park...that's where I'll get my Firium Z." Glacier said eagerly. "Lets do it!" He and his Pokemon cheered, but Glacier's stomach rumbled. "After we eat though..."He said, embarrassed." Anyone know a good place to eat?"

"No, but I do have some sandwich's that my mom had packed." Teiran mentioned, as she sat on the ground, and unpacked a couple bacon, lettuce, an tomato sandwich's. "I have ten, and I also have some chip bags, and water bottles." she added, unpacking those as well. "Is that good?" Teiran questioned the group. She remembered the look on Daniel's face when she had brought out all the food with her, and the remembrance of it brought a scowl on her face, at him acting like she was a pig, but she hid that scowl, for no one to see.

SaiyanDakon

"Thanks Terian!" Glacier said, taking the sandwich. He bit into the sandwich with glee. "So good." He told Terian. Aero flew to Wela Volcano Park to see what was the surroundings. Totodile ate a portion of Glacier's sandwich and enjoyed it too. "When did your mom learn to make good food?" He asked Terian. "Also...why complete the trials when you're becoming an Alolan queen?"

Last edited:
Daniel knew that he couldn't go all the way back to Lana's trial site; it'd take him far too long with his wheelchair, and there was a chance that he'd miss his contest... And miss out on seeing Kemen. He couldn't afford any setbacks.

"Then, I'm afraid I can't go with you," Daniel answered, "If I go back to the trial site with you, I won't make my contest, and I'm sorry, but I have to put my career first."

And with that, he brought out a lunch that was far more fibro-friendly, and wouldn't aggravate his health; steamed vegetables, and brown rice, with a soy glaze.

Teiran saw Daniel's fancy vegetables, but this time, it didn't bother her that his cooking was healthier. Besides, cooked vegetables are far worse than raw vegetables, taking in mind the salad and tomato. "My mom has been cooking for years. And the trials and Performances? Well, my mom is Alolan queen, and I want to follow in her footsteps. But I also want to show the world that I'm not some fairy princess, and that I'm stronger than that." Teiran said, a determined smile plastered on her face.

Last edited:

SaiyanDakon

"Heh....your family is way different than mine, but I don't think you're a fairy princess. I think you are one of the nicest trainers I've met...so far." Glacier told her. He chuckled to himself, remembering the fake Pokemon battles that his sister, dad and himself used to do. That was his life in Unova. Glacier looked at the Z Ring, then at his Pokemon, then his friends. All of this started with Zoroark. He smiled and said, "I'm glad to have you as a friend, Terian. I'm glad that all of you are my friends." Totodile open and closed his jaw to emphasize his point.

Kyle approached them and said, "I agree with Daniel. My next Contest should come before trials." Then, he gestured to the Bounsweet. "I think this little fella might wanna come with you on your journey." Bounsweet jumped.

"I'm glad that you think otherwise, and I'm glad to have you as a friend as well." Teiran said to Glacier. Then she turned to the Bounsweet, as Popplio jumped off of Teiran's shoulder to play with Totodile. "Hi little fella! I will gladly take you along!" Teiran said, picking up the little Bounsweet, as it wiggled around joyfully. Teiran picked up an empty Pokeball, and touched the Bounsweet with it, causing it to get sucked inside, shake around, and finally settle down, before appearing on Teiran's shoulder a couple minutes later.

SaiyanDakon

Totodile used a light Hydro Pump at Popplio playfully. She giggled. "Well...I see those can get along well." Glacier said, watching the two water types play together. Aero came back and show Glacier that the Totem Pokemon was a Salazzle by drawing in the sand. "Hmmm....a speedy Fire and Poison type..this is trouble." Glacier said. He knew Aero and Zoroark might be able to thake it out, but he wasn't sure about Totodile and Metagross. "They might be able to do it." He concluded.

"Whoa! A Salazzle is what we're battling? Cool!" Teiran said happily, as Bounsweet looked on in awe as well, while Popplio blew up a bubble from its nose, causing it to float, like a bubble. "I cannot wait for it, yes, but, we should probably wait until Kyle and Daniel have their contest." Teiran suggested, looking at Glacier.

"Is your next contest there?" Teiran questioned. "Or is it where our trial is?" she questioned once more, tilting her head to the side, causing Bounsweet to slip, before Teiran caught her. Bounsweet gave its thanks, with a sarcastic "Boun sweet..." which teiran had to imply, "Sorry..." for, and pet it on the.

SaiyanDakon

"The trial captain...he must've trained the Salazzle well..what was his name again? Ah yes...Kiawe...I think that was his name." Glacier said. "He'll have to beat us though ,if He's able to do it." He joked. "Salazzle is no match for Zoroark. She took down a fully evolved Haxourus back in Unova. So I think we have a chance." Zoroark smiled with pride as Glacier told Terian her accomplishment.

"Oh, you've told me about Kemen! I can't wait to meet him!" Teiran said, as she stood up, making sure Bounsweet didn't fall this time, by putting one of her hands on his side, the side not facing her neck. Popplio soon joined Teiran, hopping on her shoulder, before nudging her face with his nose. "So, are we already!" Teiran sad, before stuffing the rest of her sandwich into her mouth, and throwing away the plastic bag. She also finished packing away her chips, leaving out a couple water bottles, in case anyone got thirsty. She took a nice cool sip of one, and screwed up the lid on tight, still holding it in her hand, to make sure she doesn't mix it with the other.

SaiyanDakon

"Good Luck you guys!" Glacier shouted to Daniel and Kyle. Zoroark and the rest of Glacier's Pokemon cheered them on. "I know you'll both make it!"

"Thanks!" exclaimed Kyle, as he set Rockruff down next to Vulpix. The two Pokemon started chasing each other around, and Kyle smiled. Then, he beckoned for them to follow their Trainer to their next stop, Paniola Town.

"Wasn't planning on it!" Daniel answered, poking his tongue out, "I'm going to leave Alola as the top coordinator, no doubt!"

And with that, Lopunny shunted him forward, eager to get going as well.

"To Paniola Town, then!"

SaiyanDakon

"Lets go!" Glacier encouraged everyone to lets go to Paniola Town. Zoroark, Aero, Totodile, Metagross, and Sneasel cheered. They all walked ahead of the normal group ,too excited to let them catch up. "Come on, guys!!" Glacier told them.

Last edited:
"Not if I have anything to do about it!" Kyle said, as he elbowed Daniel in the ribs in a somewhat playful matter. He looked over at the horizon and saw Paniola Town. He leaned over and showed Rockruff his ribbon from his last contest. Rockruff yapped with joy! Kyle knew he was going to use Vulpix in the performance round, but he wasn't sure who to use in the battle rounds. Salazzle and Dartrix were both really strong, Ribombee was very quick and good at using Special Attacks, and Rockruff, according to his RotomDex, had a very good attack power. Since there were three rounds in the battling, he would use Rockruff in the first round, Ribombee in the second, and either Dartrix and Salazzle in the third, assuming he made it that far.

Daniel keeled over slightly, his ribcage having become somewhat more tender since that morning. "H-hey... Mind my illness," he replied quietly, as Lopunny scolded him, "The lightest touch can really hurt me, y'know..."

"SORRY!" gasped Kyle. "I didn't... you know it wasn't to harm you in any way, right?" He felt bad about it, really bad, and he felt stupid. How could he have not remembered how Dan had felt during his last Contest in Heahea City?

Daniel sighed deeply, unwilling to lecture him about the triggers of his pain. "It's... It's fine," he answered, "Just... Unless I start feeling really, really ill, it'd be best if you just didn't touch me."

Teiran dashed forward to join Glacier, and Popplio was looking around for Totodile, to play with her. "So, are you ready to watch Kyle and Daniel perform? I sure am! And I'm also super excited to battle the totem, Salazzle." Teiran shouted at full blast, full of excitement and happiness.

(@Akio and Cubone hasn't responded for a really long time, so I'm guessing we let it go, and pretend the stuff never happened, unless he ends up responding)

(Darn it, curse me and my lack of replies)

Duke, who had wondered off to train with Rockruff during Teiran and Kyle's drawn out fight, returned to rejoin the now expanded group.

"Sorry, kinda wondered off longer than I would have liked. Rockruff really likes to explore. So Teiran did I miss anything?" Duke asked Teiran, wondering if she could fill him in on any events he missed while he trained.

"Well, Glacier joined us." Teiran said, pointing to Glacier. "And you missed lunch, but here." Teiran said, as she flipped her backpack off her back, and pulled out a bacon, lettuce, and tomato sandwich, handing it to Duke, and pulling a water bottle from her backpack to go with it. "Here." she said with a smile.

Duke took the sandwich, enjoying it as he scarfed it down.

"Wonderful, thank you for the meal!" Duke said to Teiran with a big grin as he turned to the newcomer named Glacier.

"Glacier huh? Nice to meet you. Name's Duke, and this is Rockruff." Duke said, doing his trademark Power Rangers style greeting pose along with Rockruff.