• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join A Journey in Alola!

"I'm sorry!" said Kyle as he heard Popplio. He then put down Vulpix so it could play with it, and then, he got an idea. "Teiran, how would you like to practice a Contest battle with me? I know that you aren't a Coordinator, but it would really help you out to battle with a Pokemon and try to show off your elegance at the same time."

"Daniel is right. You always have to give it your all, regardless of the result." Duke said with a big smile, joining the group with his Charizard by his side.

Teiran got a boost of confidence from Daniel, and nodded to Kyle's battle request.

"I accept your challenge!" Teiran said, grabbing her Pokeballs from the counter. "

A three on three?" Teiran questioned, as she raised an eyebrow, smiling.

"That's perfect!" said Kyle, and then sent out Salazzle. "Salazzle, you've had more experience than the others in Contest battles, so is it ok if you sit this one out?" At first, Salazzle groaned, but then, it sat next to Daniel. "Ok, Teiran, ready when you are!"

(Never too late, but please ask on the discussion page. There's a link on the first reply)

"Alright, Go Ralts F!" Teiran shouted, tossing the Pokeball into the air.

"Use Tackle!" Teiran demanded to her Female Ralts, who did so.

"Okay, then, Ribombee, I choose you!" Kyle shouted, sending out his newly evolved Pokemon. "Ribombee, use Fairy Wind to blow Ralts back before it attacks you!" Ribombee shot out a gust of gleaming wind, and it headed straight for Ralts!

Daniel hauled himself back into his wheelchair, expecting more of traditional battle, than a contest one. Kyle seemed to have been going for the knockout in his first contest, which wasn't really the idea at all. Contest battles were about outshining your opponent, rather than knocking them unconscious.

He decided to continue grooming Mightyena, as soon as he'd made his transfer. His performance was all abput showing off her beautifully trimmed claws, as well as her glossy coat.

Ribombee's wind was too powerful for Ralts, who was knocked back, and landed on it's feet.

"Ralts F, use Confusion, and hit him where it hurts!" Teiran shouted throwing out her hand.

"This should be interesting." Duke said to himself as he and his Charizard prepared to watch the battle unfolded. Both were excited to see what these two had in store for the other.

"Ribombee!" exclaimed Kyle, as the Pokemon fell to the ground, its head hurting. He groaned, and said, "Ribombee, use Bug Buzz on yourself!" Ribombbe shot out its move on itself, which was not very effective, yet it got it out of its trance. "Nice job, Ribombee! Now, show off your beauty with Dazzling Gleam!"

Duke gave a frown to Daniel.

"That was a low blow." Duke said as Charizard moved to a fetal position out of that sad reality. Duke went over to offer it comfort.

There was no way Ralts could avoid that attack, and it took quite the deal of damage away from Ralts.

"Ralts F, are you okay?" Teiran asked her Pokemon.

Ralts nodded, and out of anger, used the move Take Down, charging at the Ribombee, full speed.

"I'm kidding," Daniel snorted, "But you always kick up such a fuss when he's not allowed in," and he gestured to Lopunny.

"It was a tough gig, getting Lopunny into contest, and halls at first," he commented, "Even though she's a service pokemon, and I need her with me at all times, people tried to get me to put her in a pokeball, because she could freak out and kick someone..."

"It's an unfair system! A system that favors small Pokemon over big ones. It's an injustice! Large Pokemon like Charizard deserve the chance to see the show with their partners." Duke said, voicing more of his complaints with the seating system at Showcases and Contest Halls. Charizard stood up and gave a nod of agreement.

"But aside from service pokemon, how can they be sure that the larger ones won't try to wreck the joint, if they get fussy?" Daniel replied, "I was at a contest in Sinnoh one time, and somebody's sakamence started freaking out, and hyper beamed the top of the stadium..."

"Ribombee! Get in front of the Take Down and use Draining Kiss!" Kyle exclaimed. That was a very risky move, but if it worked, Ribombee would have some HP restored and also damage Ralts!

"And small Pokemon can't? A Pikachu could unleash enough electricity to blast apart a room, yet it is allowed inside. Pokemon behavior expectations should not related to their size." Duke said, stubborn about this view point. Duke turned to watch the match while he was having this discussion.

"Fine. But I will get Charizard into a Showcase or a Contest someday, you'll see." Duke said with a frown as he focused on the battle at hand. Charizard also was watching with interest.

"Ribombee!" Kyle exclaimed as his Pokemon fell to the ground. It was knocked out. Kyle approached it and said, "You were great! Next time, we gotta work on your durability." With two swift movements, he called Ribombee back and sent out his next Pokemon. "Dartrix, use Astonish!" Dartrix came out of its PokeBall and swiftly shot towards Ralts as if it were a ghost.

Ralts was scared out of his skin, automatically jumping, which turned out to be a bad idea. Jumping caused him to fall, and get caught right in Dartrix's Astonish, knocking it out. Teiran automatically returned her, and sent out her male Ralts. "Use fairy wind!"

"Counter with Gust!" exclaimed Kyle. Last time they had battled, he underestimated her Popplio because Rowlett had the type advantage, but this time, he recognized her strength and was prepared!

Fairy wind fought up against gust, trying to push it back, making Ralts sweat, but he was a strong Pokemon, and didn't want to let his trainer down, so he fought the sweat and pain, which Teiran had selfishly failed to see.

"Dartrix!" exclaimed Kyle. "Let the moves collide, fly over them and then through them!" He had used this move in his Contest battle with Salazzle. Dartrix did as he asked and went through the two moves with grace. "Now, let it surround you and use Tackle on Ralts!" Absorbing the power of the moves and taking some damage itself, Dartrix absorbed the moves and started to shimmer. Then, it charged straight at Ralts!

(Just a heads up, when you fly over your own move...It stops.)

Ralts tucked in it's bottom 'legs', and rolled under, where the moves had stopped. This made him now, look as if he was battling for Kyle, not Teiran. "Pounce on Dartrix, and use pound!" Teiran informed, as Ralts went in for the hit.

(Not really, cause when it collides with Fairy Wind, I guess it could make some sort of whirlwind/tornado)

"That's what we've been waiting for!" said Kyle. "Dartrix, use Peck and hit Ralts!" Ralts may have been quick, but Dartrix was quicker. After all their training, it just had to be.

(Maybe. I was thinking kind of Harry Potter VS Dark Lord sort of collision! XD)

Ralts' instinct was to duck and slide under the flying Pokemon, and when he did, the peck did catch him on his orange top blade, causing him to get hurt, for the orange was a weak point. Ralts didn't want to give his weak point away, so he pretended as though he didn't get hurt at all. "All the fairy wind you've got!" Teiran shouted. Ralts then, with a bit of work, created a mighty blast of sparkly pink wind, little sharp particles floating around in the blast. Then, Ralts aimed it at Dartrix.

(I see what you mean.)

Dartrix was hit with the Fairy Wind and was knocked out. Kyle was shocked by how quickly Dartrix had lost its battle. He called it back, and then let down Vulpix. The Pokemon squealed and Kyle whispered, "I believe in you!" Kyle then shouted, "Vulpix, use a barrage of Ice Shards!" Icicles and shards of ice came from Vulpix's mouth as Kyle gaped at the grace and beauty of his new Pokemon. The dazzling Ice Shards were hurtled straight at Ralts!

Ralts was quickly hit, and by lots, causing it to be knocked out. Teiran was clearly shocked, as she returned him, and sent out her Pichu, hoping to retrieve something good from this. Teiran ordered Pichu to use Charm, and when he did so, he did it, trying to show off the cute factor of her Pokemon, like Kyle.

Finally satisfied with Mightyena's coat, Daniel let her go, and she sat by him to watch the battle. He warned her quietly to keep her fur out of the mud, lest it be ruined again before the contest.

Duke watched the battle with great focus, his thoughts on the "injustice" of the seating system of Showcases and Contest Halls in the back of his mind now. Charizard looked on with equal interest.

"That was a smart move!" grunted Kyle. He had to think of some sort of strategy now. "Vulpix, Powder Ice......on the floor!" This would make a slippery battlefield, hard for Pichu to move around and hopefully easier for Vulpix to move on. The floor was covered with ice and was slippery. Vulpix could move with ease.

(What about my Charm, what happened to the move? You can't ignore it.)

Teiran looked at the icy battlefield, and ordered Pichu to skate across the ice, as if he were in a performance. Pichu did so, gracefully skating across the ice, and skating up to Vulpix. Teiran ordered Pichu to use Thundershock on the Vulpix, in attempt to hurt Vulpix.

(I didn't ignore it. Vulpix's attacks are weaker)

"Vulpix!" exclaimed Kyle. "Use Ice Shard to block it!" However, the Charm weakened the attack, and the Thunderbolt hit home! Vulpix staggered, but got nabs up. "Vulpix, let's show 'em what you can do! Use Quick Attack and skate on the ice!" Pichu may have been graceful, but it was nowhere as skilled with ice as Vulpix!