• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join A Journey in Alola!

Teiran was really getting into it, suddenly leaping to her feet to cheer on her friends, old and new. She wanted them both to succeed, but she was cheering wildly in the direction of Duke and his Charizard. Teiran whooped loudly upon seeing that Duke and his Charizard won the battle, and Damien’s Kommo-o fainted.

“Whoo!” She whooped as she bounced up and down, “Awesome battle, guys!”

She dipped a hand into one of her spare pockets and pulled out a small yellow diamond-shaped pill.

“Damien! Catch!” She said, tossing the small Revive to the boy.

Charizard managed to land the strike and tried to raise a guard but the scales struck well those that had not been caught by the Fire Blast as a massive shockwave knocked both Pokemon back as Duke looked on with nervous energy. The Kommo-o seemed unable to continued and Duke's Charizard panted from the pain and fatigue of the blow, and seemed to begin to fall...

But, he slammed his foot down, falling to a knee but not further, before it forced its way up and let out a fatigued but mighty roar as he emerged victorious after a hard fought battle. Duke of course with vigor flipped by his partner and stroked the back of his next. "Great job! I always know I can count on you through thick and thin!"

His Charizard panted, but smiled as Duke passed a potion to his partner while Duke stroked his neck and faced Damian and his fainted partner. "That was a tremendous battle, I thank you for taking us to the limit and then some. You and your partner are exceptional~!" Duke said with a thumbs up as he offered deserved praise to his opponent.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
"Wow..." Melody said as she seemed impressed with that tremendous battle before her, needless to say she got a bit excited seeing this kind of intense clash in person. Her Litten seemed to have been even more impressed, as the Litten wondered if it too could be as strong as those two well larger than life from its view Pokemon and sensing this Melody worked to stroke his head tenderly. "Don't worry, I am confident you'll be able to take either of them with time."

This seemed to make her Litten happy as they made their way over to the others as Teiran worked to provide a revival which Melody smiled at as she faced the group. "Wow that was fun, you both did great."

Damien sighed as he quickly looked up and caught the small pill, "Hey thanks!" he waved to Terian, "Here Kommo-o, take this," he said calmly as he gave the medicine to his Pokemon, the large scale dragon shook from the bitter taste as it jumped up and began spitting in response. "Good, it worked," Damien laughed as he held up a Pokeball, "Rest up now," a red beam shot out as his Pokemon was recalled to its Pokeball quickly.

Damien looked to Duke and Charizard, "You're Charizard is one strong Pokemon, it's definitely on a level similar to that of the Island Kahunas" Damien nodded as he held out a hand to Duke. Usually, Damien didn't like to acknowledge the strength of others, more so enjoying focusing on himself getting stronger, but after that battle, he couldn't help grinning. "I definitely want to battle you again soon," he smiled.

"Thanks also," Damien nodded to Melody, "So what are you all up to, on a group journey here in Alola?" he asked casually adjusting his bag.

“We’ve been traveling Alola for a while, and we all have different goals! I want to be Alola’s next queen by partaking in the Showcase’s here! My mom is the current queen, but I plan to take her throne!” Teiran said enthusiastically, pumping a fist. “But some others are taking on the Island Challenge and battling the Kahuna’s!”

Teiran was pumped to make more friends, being the outgoing care-free person she was. As her Brionne flopped up to her shoulder, she made a small peace sign and showed it off to everyone there.

“And we’ll keep traveling until the end!”

jade421

Previously Sarah316
When the subject of goals came in Melody figured she had as good an opening as any to insert herself into the conversation as she walked over with her partner Litten. "Yeah, I am one of the ones who is eager to complete the Island Trials. Though it's more so a side project, really I just want to explore the islands of Alola and get a picture book of all the wonderful sights." Melody said, as she showed her camera and her personal picture book from her bag.

To contrast the positive energy from Teiran, Melody's own partner Litten seemed to have a prepetual scowl as she sniffed at the new trainer and his powerful Kommo-o.

Charizard seemed a bit winded, but thanks to the potion it was bound to recover well as Duke stroked the back of his neck before the new arrival asked about their group and of course after Teiran provided a clear enough summary Duke decided that like Melody before him he should also mention his own reason for the journey.

"Indeed, I myself and a defender of the innocent of people and Pokemon around the world! I came here to investigate nefarious activity, but lately have felt inspired to take up the Island Challenge myself~!" Duke answered with his own usual energy, though on account of his partner's recent battle he opted not to strike a pose with him to add an exclamation to things.