• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join A Journey in Alola!

(That's fine!)

As the smoke cleared, Salazzle stood over the fainted Rockruff, who the judges automatically eliminated, even though, as Kyle glanced at the bars for each Trainer, Rockruff had more left! If it hadn't been knocked out..... Kyle shuddered. Then he looked into the crowd and saw Teiran and waved! He went backstage and suddenly saw that..... the egg was hatching! Out of it came.... an Alolan Vulpix! It squealed and hopped onto Kyle, who beamed with joy! He then called Teiran on the Rotom Dex to come over backstage to meet up with him quickly.

Last edited:
Teiran had gotten Kyle's message on her Pokegear, and quietly snuck backstage, seeing Kyle and the Alolan Vulpix on him. Teiran looked on in awe. "I've never seen Vulpix in it's Alolan form." she said, as she walked over to pet it's frosty head. "It's so cool!" Teiran had to add, as her Popplio started to nudge it with it's nose.

"Thanks!" said Kyle. Then, he asked, "Do you think you could take care of it for me until the Contest is over? I don't have a PokeBall on me to catch it, and I'm sure it would like being around Popplio!" Vulpix squealed when it saw Popplio and started chasing it.

Teiran sweat dropped, as she stared at the two hiper Pokemon. "I guess I'll try to keep them under control." Teiran said, as she scratched the back of her head, wearing a sheepish smile on her face. Popplio ran away, a smile plastered on his face, as he ran around. Teiran hated to be the party pooper, but had to stop them, and tell them to behave.

Daniel, meanwhile, stayed in his spot, as Lopunny watched the next coordinators begin their battle. He desperately wanted to leave, but he couldn't, for Kyle's sake. He wanted to be in Paniola Town already, preparing for the contest that was due to go on there, instead of sitting here, stewing over the fact that he should have entered today's contest.

"You alright? You seemed troubled." Duke asked Daniel, noticing that he sat with nerves. Duke knew Daniel was thinking something over, but didn't know what it was.

"I know it's gonna be a lot of work, but.." started Kyle,until suddenly, the MC announced the next battle round. Kyle sprinted on stage, and once again using Salazzle, went up against his opponents Trumbeak. Trumbeak used Quick Attack, but Salazzle, using the same tactic it used on Rockruff, hopped into the air and used Poison Gust. Trumbeak countered with Gust, blowing the gas back at Salazzle! Salazzle's bar went down, but luckily, it didn't get poisoned since it was a Poison-type! However, it couldn't see, and Trumbeak took this opportunity to use Air Cutter, slamming Salazzle down! Salazzle wasn't beaten yet; it landed on the ground with incredible grace and used a new move it learned on Trumbeak: Fire Spin! Trumbeak was trapped in a flaming tornado, and Salazzle hopped over it. Once it was straight on top of it, it used Venoshock, knocking Trumbeak down! Salazzle dived through the flaming tornado and used Fire Fang, sending it to the ground!

The buzzer rang, and the Trainer moving onto the next round was Kyle!

"I'm just antsy about the next contest," he responded, "I don't want to be here. I don't want to sit here, and stew over the fact that I'd be down there, competing for my next ribbon, if only my illness hadn't gotten in the way."

"You can't let that eat you up. It was beyond your control. There are other contests, and you'll get your chance." Duke said to Daniel, trying to offer the boy encouragement. Duke couldn't feel relate to Daniel's situation...but it was better his body got rest than he over-pushed himself.

Teiran cheered and clapped, as the Alolan Vulpix and Popplio sat in her lap, giving little mews of respect to the winning trainer. Teiran was super proud of Kyle, knowing that he was a great contestant, and she figured that him and Salazzle would have a great bond.

The boy nodded curtly, fussing with the seatbelt of his wheelchair. "I have to win the next one," he decided, "I can't lose. I risked way too much to be in this region to begin with, and I'll never forgive myself, if I don't make it to the grand festival!"

The final round approached. Kyle walked onstage and was greeted by... none other than Harley of the Hoenn region?!? This guy was famous for using his Cacturne and even competed in the Grand Festival twice! Kyle sent out Salazzle to battle with Cacturne, having the utmost faith in it. The battle started with Cacturne using Seed Bomb, and Salazzle countered with Poison Tail! As the seeds went back to Cacturne.... Cacturne was gone! It came from above Salazzle and used Dark Pulse! Salazzle tried to dodge, but the move was too fast! Salazzle was knocked backwards, but got up and used Fire Spin. The flaming tornado spun around Cacturne, who used Bounce to jump over it and landed on Salazzle, knocking the air out of it! Salazzle, still willing to battle, grabbed Cacturne's leg with Fire Fang and hurled it toward the still-active Fire Spin, burning it badly! Cacturne was once again trapped in the Fire Spin, and when it tried to use Bounce to evade the move, Salazzle used Poison Gas on the battlefield, causing it to land somewhere random and injure itself! At this point, both Salazzle's and Cacturne's bars were equally low, with about 20% left! Now was time for their final moves! Cacturne used Dark Pulse, and Salazzle used Venoshock! The two moves collided and................

Teiran looked onto the stage, seeing nothing, as the moves collided. She than said to herself, "Oh I hope and pray that he will, but today I'm stuck waiting." she looked at the worried Vulpix in her lap, who was struggling the urge to run out and see if Salazzle was okay, but Teiran soothed it, by petting it on the head, which made the Vulpix calm down.

The fog cleared, and both Pokemon were still standing?!? There wa 30 seconds left on the buzzer, and Cacturne used Bounce and was about to land straight on top of Salazzle, who used Poison Tail and countered.Both moves hit, and there was 10 seconds. 9. 8. Cacturne tried to use Leaf Blade, which Salazzle countered with Fire Fang. 7. 6. 5. Cacturne used Dark Pulse, which Salazzle countered with Venoshock. 4. 3. 2. Cacturne shot out a Seed Bomb, which Salazzle countered with Fire Spin, causing flaming seeds to be spun across the battlefield. Salazzle controlled the flames and hurtled the straight at Cacturne, who was hit!

The buzzer rang. Kyle crossed his fingers and looked to the screen. The winner of the Heahea City contest was...... Kyle! He won! He beat Harley! But as he looked at how close of a match it was, he saw that the bar was only a centimeter longer than Harley's!

Teiran cheered from the side line, as Popplio ad Kyle's Alolan Vulpix dashed onto the stage to congratulate him, and Teiran, walked out onstage and retrieved them, embarrassed, as a bunch of heads turned her way. She quickly dashed off the stage, as the Alolan Vulpix whined, wanting to see it's trainer.

As Kyle received his ribbon onstage, his FIRST RIBBON, he saw Vulpix and Popplio running! He grinned and grabbed his Vulpix, petting it! It cooed and looked at him! He looked at Teiran, giving her a look that said, "It's alright! I'm cool with this!" He walked offstage and went to find his friends.

Teiran nodded, and picked up her Popplio, as she hopped off the stage and ran towards her friends. "Sorry to steal your spotlight!" Teiran said, as she scratched the back of her head, ashamed. "We plan on going to the next town. You coming?" Teiran asked Kyle, concerned.

"Next contest is in Paniola Town, which is where we're headed," Daniel said threateningly, "You got lucky, because I was too sick to perform today, but you're not winning the next one, if I have anything to do with it!"

"Yeah!" said Kyle, and then he turned to Daniel. "Look, you're a really good coordinator, but you've got to give me a chance as well! You've had more experience than I, but that doesn't mean I'm not winning! Look at the match between me and Harley: he had more experience, yet I defeated him!" He sighed, and then asked Teiran, "So, when are we off?"

Last edited:
Teiran looked at Kyle, and nodded, but was annoyed by both of the gloating trainers. Popplio looked at his Trainer, as if to say, 'Check your Pokegear to see of upcoming performances, which she gladly did, seeing that there was one shortly after Kyle and Daniel's contest. Teiran walked out of the hall, and out of the building, looking for where she was supposed to go

Lopunny pushed Daniel outside, to meet Teiran, as he pulled up his pokegear, to look for the safest route to Paniola Town. He wanted to avoid any, and all triggers, if possible.

"It isn't far from here," he reported, "Just a little stretch upwards, and we'll be there."

Teiran nodded at is statement, and went that way, Popplio on her shoulder, rubbing its cheek against her own. Teiran pet it on the head, and continued to walk that way.

As Kyle walked with Vulpix at his side, he looked over at Daniel and immediately felt bad for what he had said to him. But he shouldn't have assumed that he would beat Kyle so easily! Suddenly, as Vulpix squealed, Kyle saw that Paniola Town was up ahead, a view on the horizon. He picked up Vulpix and whispered to it. "This is it, Vulpix! Paniola Town!"

Teiran saw it as well, beaming her bright eyes at the sight, and Popplio let out a chirrup of happiness at their arrival. "Shall we head to the Pokemon Center?" Teiran asked the group.

"I think I need to train with Cutiefly and Vulpix a bit," said Kyle as he sent out Cutiefly. Cutiefly was very good at using its moves, but when it came to battling, it didn't have a very good defense. So, he had Vulpix and Cutiefly use moves on each other, and......... Cutiefly evolved into Ribombee! Kyle even learned that Vulpix could use Powder Snow, Fairy Wind, Ice Shard, and Quick Attack! He grinned. This next contest had his name written all over it!

Last edited:
(Alolan vulpix is an ice type, it can't learn ember)

"I need to get some supplies, and run through my routine with Mightyena," Daniel added, "And then there's your showcase, Teiran? When's that?"

"It's shortly after your contest, and I'm determined to win!" she shouted, as she pumped her fist in the air. Teiran then walked into the Pokemon Center, as she healed all her Pokemon, and sat down on a couch. Today had been a long day for her, and she was so tired she couldn't eat any lunch. She hadn't even eaten breakfast, and she decided it would be best to take a nap. So she did just that, and started to sleep on the couch.

Daniel, meanwhile, stocked up on potions and pokemon food, before sitting on the lounge with a coffee and an old gateau. Today, he'd found himself craving one of Sinnoh's delicacies.

Mightyena sat on his lap as he groomed her, running the brush through her fur until she was as neat and tidy as she could be.

Teiran woke up by the sound of Daniel brushing his Mightyena, even though it was pretty quiet when she awoke. A couple seconds of sleep, and she was just a bit refreshed.

"What are we going to do now?" Teiran asked Daniel, as she rubbed one of her eyes.

"I'm not really sure," the boy answered, finishing the last of his coffee, "I'm ok to just relax and prepare for the contest, unless you had anything in particular that you wanted to do?"

"I don't..." Ryan said, as she slumped into her seat

"We've done so much, and my dreams are starting to fade by every second..." Ryan continued, as she looked at Popplio, who seemed to feel her strange bordness.

"It's been a while since you've been in a showcase," he commented, "Maybe once you get yourself back out there, you'll be reminded of how much you love performing, and that'll fuel your desire to make it to the top!"

Daniel thought back the time that he almost gave up on contests. After three losses in a row, he'd lost hope that he could ever become Top Coordinator, until he'd entered a contest in his hometown, thanks to his uncle. After a stunning win, he'd gotten straight back into the game, and decided that he'd go to Alola, to try for his dream there.

"My boyfriend, Kemen, will be doing his exhibition performance there," he informed her, "You can't miss out on watching the Nita King perform, right?"

After he had finished up his training, he headed back to where Daniel and Teiran were, and overheard them talking about the Nita King. "Wait," he started, "the Nita King is your BOYFRIEND? I'm a huge fan of his! Can I meet him?"

Teiran got a little boost of confidence, but not much.

"I'm not sure...I haven't won, and I was late for the other... maybe I'm not cut out for it..." Teiran said, as she sat up, and put Popplio in her lap.

"But...I guess I'll try once more..." Teiran said.

Suddenly, she saw Kyle rush in, and she jumped a bit, which startled Popplio, who decided to yelp, which made Teiran plug her ears, and her arms, that were supporting Popplio's balance, which caused him to flop to the side, which made him cry, which made Teiran pick him up, and start comforting him, sweating, at the series of events.