• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join A Journey in Alola!

Lopunny pushed Daniel after her, at a brisk pace. Daniel, meanwhile, got to thinking about what kind of thing he could expect to see, at this trial site. He expected a ritual invoking the Tapu, and the native spirits of Alola...

Teiran was stopped on her way over, by girl with short blue hair. "Are you a trial goer?" she asked. Teiran nodded. "I'll shoe=w you the way there." the girl said. Trust a stranger you don't even know, or get lost on the way? Teiran picked choice A, and followed the girl to the trial site. "Here we are." the girl said.

"Ah, what a lovely area. By the way I don't believe we've caught your name." Duke asked the girl with blue hair, curious as to who this kind person was who helped them. Charizard took the time to view the scenery.

The girl with blue hair stuttered, before saying, "It doesn't matter." in a kind of panicky voice. Teiran walked into the trial site, and saw a large lake, and a funnel of water moving around in it. "What this?" Teiran asked one of her friends, as she raised a contemplative hand to her chin.

"Looks like a bay, of some description," Daniel answered, before turning to the stranger, "Listen, lady, we were kind of looking for the trial captain out here. Do you have any idea where she might be?"

"Well, she's been with you for a while, and your looking at her. The names Lana!" the girl said excitedly. "So, who's the challenger?" the girl asked, as she looked around. "I am." Teiran said, as she stepped up to Lana. "Great!" Lana started. "Follow me." Teiran followed the girl to a larger lake, and Teiran stood on the port. "So what's so important?" Teiran asked, turning to Lana. "Look behind you." Lana said, as Teiran looked around, and saw a giant fish floating on the water. Teiran sent out Pichu, full of shock, and told him to use thundershock, and doing so, did not take much damage. This repeated, until Pichu fainted, and Teiran sent out her two Ralts, at two different times, which ended up fainting the fish. Teiran couldn't believe herself.

"I've never seen a pokemon that can do that before," Daniel commented, amazed by the schooling of the wishiwashi, "That's really something."

Several tiny, pathetic pokemon joining as one, to become a fearsome beast... He found it quite amazing.

"You've successfully beaten my Wishiwashi. Here you go." Lana said, as she handed Teiran a water Z. Teiran looked at the Z, as she put it in her Z case, happily petting her Female Ralts. " I need to get my Pokemon healed." Teiran said, as she returned her adapts, and held her Popplio in her arms.

"Good job Teiran, you and your Pokemon fought with much spirit. You should be proud." Duke said to Teiran. Giving her an encouraging pat on the back.

"Cool, you got the Z crystal," Daniel praised, "And yeah, let's head to the pokemon centre. It's been a long, tiring day for all of us," he concurred with a yawn, which somewhat worried Lopunny.

Daniel nodded, grimacing slightly, as he tried to lift his arm and signal Lopunny to get going. His joints were starting to hurt a bit more, and he was feeling nauseous... He knew what that meant. A flare...

But he was certain that I he took his medicine, and went to bed, he'd be better by the morning... Wouldn't he?

He nodded feebly, despite being slumped over in his chair.

"M'fine," he mumbled weakly, trying to sit himself up, "I... I think I'm just a bit tired, that's all..."

He couldn't afford to have a flare. His contest was tomorrow...

"That's more than fatigue my friend, something is wrong." Duke said to Daniel, as he didn't buy Daniel's excuse for one second. Duke knew something more serious was going on. Duke wanted to know.

"Whatever you say." Teiran said, oblivious to Daniel's upcoming flare, of some sort. "I'm going to camp out here for tonight." Teiran said, as she grabbed her Pokemon, and walked out of the Pokemon Center, and layed down on the grass. Teiran loved to look up at the stars before she fell asleep, and the gentle, warm breeze in Alola made it peaceful. Teiran easily fell asleep, Popplio cuddled up next to her.

"No, it's fine," he panted, "As soon as I've slept, I'll feel better. I'm really just tired, I assure you."

Lopunny shook her head, as he tried, once again, to push himself upright. He was lying through his teeth, and she knew it; Daniel was in enough pain on a good day, but during a flare, everything was absolute agony. His joints ached, he couldn't eat the things he liked, his skin burned... And some of the time, simply getting out of bed was a task...

Duke watched Teiran go out to bed before he faced Daniel, a stone cold serious look on his face.

"I don't know why you're lying, but I know you are. This is not just something small, something serious is going on and you know what. Why won't you say anything?" Duke asked Daniel, wanting to help his friend but Daniel gave him nothing to work with.

"You... Can't help me..." he panted, "No one can. I need to hurry up and take my medications, and hope that this doesn't last. I don't wanna miss the contest, because I'm too sick to perform tomorrow..."

"I understand your competitive desire, but maybe if you are not feeling well tomorrow you would be best served to sit this one out. There will be other Contests." Duke said, trying to talk Daniel out of pushing himself too far.

"I'll be fine by morn--Ah, agh!"

Daniel cried out in pain as Lopunny placed her fluffy paw on his shoulder, scolding him in pokemon speak. He was definitely not going to that contest tomorrow. In fact, he'd be lucky if he even made it out of bed...

The service pokemon pushed Daniel into a ground floor room, doing her best to help him get comfortable, before he tried to go to sleep.

Teiran and Popplio were awoken by a shout, and opened one eye each. "What was that?" Teiran asked gently, as she stepped into the Pokemon Center, Popplio looking just as worried as Teiran.

Duke turned to Teiran with a sad expression.

"Daniel's...not feeling well. He went to get rest now, but he will not be competing in the Contest tomorrow." Duke said in a soft voice. Duke hated giving bad news, but Teiran deserved to know what was going on.

"All we can do is hope he feels better tomorrow. I'm sorry you had to hear this." Duke said to Teiran, he never liked seeing Teiran upset.

"It's okay." Teiran said with a small sad grin on her face. "Even if he misses his contest, he has to get better, right?" Teiran said, trying to make it sound more of a statement then a question. She went back outside, and layed on the grass, but neither she or Popplio could sleep. All they could do was stare at the stars, which seemed to form a wheel chair constellation Teiran had made up. It reminded her of Daniel.

Duke went out to go do some late night training before bed. Duke needed to get his mind off Daniel's condition before he could go to sleep. Rockruff released itself from its Pokeball. Duke turned to his Pokemon.

"Well, Daniel isn't feeling great. We have to hold out hope he'll feel better tomorrow." Duke said to Rockruff before he released his Charizard.

"One quick session before bed, give it your all." Duke said to Charizard and Rockruff as they both nodded at him before they began their late night spar.

Teiran heard Duke's shouts, and got up, leaving Popplio, who was fast asleep. Teiran saw Duke's Charizard and Rockruff, both getting ready to fight, so she sat down, and got comfortable enough to watch.

(And this is a trainer RP, not a pokehuman RP. Read it.)

Daniel, meanwhile, was left in bed, in absolute agony. His medication had long since kicked in, but even that wasn't doing much to dull the pain.

He'd have writhed around, if only his legs hadn't seized, leaving him completely unable to move. He'd have cried out, if only his body allowed him the strength to do that, but he simply didn't have it.

Lopunny sat at his side, trying all that she could to get him comfortable, but nothing seemed to be working. With no other option, she stood over him, and began using heal bell, as a last resort.

Charizard gave Rockruff a smack with its tail, Rockruff knocked to the ground once again. Rockruff was covered in bruise, but it wouldn't stay down no matter how many times Charizard knocked it down.

"Rockruff, that's enough. We're finished for..." Duke started to say before Rockruff charged Charizard much to Duke's surprise.

"Rockruff!" Duke yelled out as Rockruff jumped to bite Charizard, only for Charizard to slam it down to the ground with its claws.

Teiran gasped, as she ran into the battle field, having the need to help. "Rockruff! Are you okay?" Teiran shouted, as she searched through the dust to find Rockruff. Then she heard a yelp, that sounded like Popplio. Teiran dashed to the front of the Pokemon Center without a second thought, to see a boy, clouded by the dark, trying to catch her Popplio. "Hey, leave him alone!" Teiran shouted. The figure jumped and said, "S-sorry!" Teiran recognized this voice. "Fernando?" Teiran asked, as she saw his face more clearly. "Teiran?" Fernando said, as he smiled. "I'm so sorry! I thought he was wild!" he said.

(@Daylan please ask to join on the discussion page don't just join)

Akio who had lost the whole group for a while found them in confusion.
"Aggg, my head...ROWLET NEXT TIME TAKE ME AWAY FROM THAT DROWZEE!" Akio scolded, Rowlet and Cubone started laughing so much
they were crying tears of happiness! Akio walked down to the group and asked
"What have I missed?"

Despite Lopunny's best efforts, the heal bell wasn't doing a lot to help Daniel. He seemed a little calmer, thanks to the soothing chimes, but that was about it.

She lay next to him, crooning softly, in the hopes that maybe, she could comfort him to sleep. At least if he slept, he wouldn't feel the pain anymore...

(I haven't been getting notifications!)

After he and Dartrix beat Lana's trial and earned the Z-crystal there, he headed back with the group, ready for his next contest. He practiced his moves with Dartrix, Cutiefly, and Salandit, but he just couldn't find the right combination of moves!

"Daniel is stuck in lots of pain, I met my old friend Fernando from the first showcase," Teiran said, as Fernando waved his hand. "And I got my water Z!" Teiran finished.