• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join A Journey in Alola!

"Indeed. We're holding hope he can recover, I hate seeing a friend in pain." Duke said as he returned from training his Charizard and Rockruff.

"So you're name is Fernando? Nice to meet you. I am Duke." Duke says as he holds his hand out to shake with.

As Kyle approached Teiran to ask her for some advice on his next contest, he spotted a stranger talking to her. He recognized him as Fernando! He then said, "Hello there, Fernando! I'm Kyle, a friend of Teiran's!"

"Nice to meet you all!" Fernando greeted. Fernando reached into his pocket. "I got another key! From today's showcase!" he showed Teiran. "Great!" Teiran enthused. Teiran needed to catch up to him, and win at least three to get into the master class.

"THAT'S RIGHT!" said Kyle, slapping his forehead. "THE CONTEST IS TODAY IN...." He looked at his watch. "LESS THAN AN HOUR! I GOTTA GO!" he exclaimed as he sprinted towards the contest hall. Luckily, he was on time and was able to participate!

"I wish performances would let people join in less than an hour..." Teiran said with a sigh, recalling the showcase she had tried for. "I'm going to keep an eye on Daniel, while you can watch Kyle perform his showcase." Teiran offered, as she picked up Popplio, and walked into the Pokemon center.

"Lopunny?"

"No, Lopunny, I don't want to watch the contest on TV," Daniel groaned.

He simply couldn't bear it. Today, he was supposed to be there, performing with Mightyena, but instead, he was confined to his bed with another stupid flare. He truly hated having fibromyalgia. He hated always being sick. He hated that he could be fine one day, and unable to function the next.

Mightyena curled up next to him, nuzzling his chest. With luck, he'd be better soon... If he was lucky.

As he headed on stage for his debut contest,the he decided to send out his Cutiefly for the Performance Round. Cutiefly started the contest off with Bug Buzz, causing a dazzling green wave of energy to be emitted. Then,it used Fairy Wind to start swirling the Bug Buzz up into a pinkish green tornado. Cutiefly entered the tornado and flew through it, all the way to the top. It used Drain Kiss once it reached the top, absorbing the tornado. Finally, it used Dazzling Gleam an released the tornado into shimmering specks of light! Cutiefly dived onto Kyle's shoulder and bowed.

Teiran knocked on the room door that Daniel was in. "Daniel? Are you inside?" she asked patiently, worry starting to flow through her veins, thinking of what could happen to him.

The boy raised his head only slightly, resting it on one of his pillows. "Still here," he rasped, as Lopunny got the door for Teiran. Today, Daniel hadn't had the strength to put her vest on.

Daniel was laid against two thick pillows, under an even thicker duvet, next to Mightyena. All of his supplements and medications were on the bedside table, having taken over most of the top, and the top drawer.

"You don't look to good..." Teiran said, worry boiling up inside her. She was about to blow up into a panic attack. "I wish there was some sort of medicine that healed everything." Teiran said imaginably, as she gave Lopunny a nod of thanks, and sat down on Daniel's bed.

"I didn't mean it like that I just..." Teiran said, as she struggled to find the words to what she was trying to say. "You look sick." she finished, as she looked at him, still worried.

"I'm always sick," he answered solemnly, thinking back to his diagnosis. Two years ago now, he'd bedn diagnosed with fibromyalgia. The condition wouldn't kill him, but it would mean that he'd have to be careful not to overwork himself, and deal with constant pain, or so he'd been told. He was sick of being told that he should get over his illness. He was sick of being told that he had to get up and show the world who was boss, to inspire healthy people. He was sick of being sick. But this was how he'd be, up until he was old and grey, and death by old age took him.

Lopunny handed Daniel yet another dose of his reliever medication, upon realising that it was just about safe enough for him to have more. He swallowed it quickly, praying that it would do something to help. Anything, even just taking the edge off of the pain would be enough, and then he could function again, at least.

"I hope that this doesn't last," he suddenly said, "I want to get better soon. I want to go to the next contest, and see Kemen..."

Duke said nothing, having overheard Daniel's condition. It brought back rather painful memories of an old friend...

*Cough*

You okay?

Yeah, just a little cough. Had it for a while, don't worry I'll be fine...

Duke shook his head, he could only hope things would be different for Daniel. Duke didn't want to think about such a possibility happening again...

Teiran decided to take her leave, with a wave goodbye, and saw Popplio sitting outside, waiting for her. He held something in his mouth, and when Teiran took it, it was a showcase flier, in two days. Teiran pet Popplio on the head, as thanks, and walked downstairs, and lied down on the grass, falling asleep for the hours she was up.

With the medication finally taking effect, Daniel managed to gain some relief from hi pain, and fall asleep, much to the delight of Lopunny, who'd been worrying herself sick about him. She watched him carefully, as if ready to lull him straight back to sleep, should he awaken from the pain again.

Teiran awoke the next morning, to see Popplio still sleeping. She carefully picked him up, and walked inside, seeing her pokeballs, which have probably been laying there for a while. She picked them up, and stuffed them into her pockets.

When morning came, Daniel's flare had thankfully passed, and he was fully functional again.

He packed up his things and left his room in a hurry, meeting Teiran by the lobby. "Well, now that my flare's gone, we can get moving again," he announced, "Where to next?"

"I plan on traveling to the next town to get the firum Z." Teiran said to him, as she looked at her Pokemon in determination. "We're so ready for our next Z, in fact, i feel ecstatic!" Teiran rejoiced.

As Kyle looked into the crowd, looking for his friends, he felt his heart sink in his chest. They weren't there. However, less than a minute later, all that went away when the judges announced the coordinators moving on. He crossed his fingers and waited patiently........ and when he saw his picture as the second coordinator moving on, he jumped! He made it into the battle rounds!

"Indeed, to Paniola Toen!" Duke said with excitement, his Rockruff forcing itself out of its Pokeball. Rockruff gave a bark of excitement, in spite of visible bruises from the training last night. Rockruff was equally excited to travel.

"Maybe we should go and see Kyle first. If luck has it, he may not be done!" Teiran exclaimed, wanting to see him, and as she thought about this, she wondered if Akio was with him, cheering him on. She felt bad that she wasn't there, cheering him on herself, so she hoped he was still going.

"Sounds reasonable to me." Duke said, wanting to show Teiran his support. His Rockruff went up and rubbed itself against Teiran with great affection. Duke noticed a cut behind Rockruff's ear, among other training bruises, and crouched down to put a band-aid on it.

As Kyle prepped for his upcoming battle rounds, he wondered if his friends would come. He nodded. Of course they would! If one of them had a contest or major battle, he'd probably be there! He pushed away the thought momentarily and focused on the real task at hand: winning the battle rounds! But who would he pick?

Teiran noticed the cut on Rockruff's ear, and gasped, as she dug into her backpack. She pulled out an first aid kit, and took out a Pokeball bandage, and some cleanser. She rubbed the Ointment on the Rockruff's ear, hoping it wouldn't mind the sting, and stuck the bandage on. She stood up, putting the kit back in her backpack. "If it is over, we should go and pick him, up, right?" Teiran questioned, knowing the disappointment Kyle would probably feel if she wasn't there.

"Sounds like a plan to me." Duke said in agreement, Rockruff barking out of happiness for Teiran's treatment. Rockruff had grown to like her all the more.

Teiran dashed off without another word, picking up Popplio, and found herself standing in front of the building. Without waiting for the others, she walked inside, and walked through a second door to where it was taking place. She saw Kyle, about to choose his Pokemon. "Go get 'em, Kyle!" Teiran shouted, for support, but also to inform that she was there.

Duke was about to join the two, but was having his own issues at the moment...

"For the last time, barring specific exceptions, you cannot bring a Pokemon like Charizard inside." A male worker tried to explain to Duke, who stood at the entrance with his Charizard upset.

"This is an outrage! Charizard deserves to see this event!" Duke yelled at the worker, Charizard nodding in agreement. Next to him, a small girl with a Skitty on her head made it inside without any issue. This did not help.

"What about her? Where's her special exception?" Duke said in annoyance, causing the worker to let out a sigh.

"If your Pokemon can fit in your lap, you can bring it inside. With only special exceptions, a Pokemon large enough for its own seat is not allowed. You have to be respectful of the audience." The worker explained as Duke let out a sigh before he returned his Charizard.

"Fine, but like I said at the Pokemon Showcase, you have not heard the last from me." Duke said to the worker before he went inside to join with Daniel and Teiran to watch Kyle.

As they announced the first battle round, Kyle walked on stage. Before he did, he saw Teiran in the crowd and waved! Thank god they were here! He placed the egg he had with him down and approached his opponent. Facing him was a Trainer named Mikayla. As Mikayla sent out her Rockruff, Kyle gripped his PokeBall confidently and sent out....... Salandit! There was a type disadvantage there, but he could do it! Rockruff started the battle with Rock Tomb, but Salandit hopped from rock to rock until it reached Rockruff, and then used Poison Tail to knock it backwards. The way Salandit dodged lowered Rockruff's bar! However, Rockruff caught Salandit's tail with Bite and hurled it into the air, then using Rock Blast! Salandit was knocked to the ground, and had it bar lowered by a lot! Rockruff didn't stop there; it used Quick Attack and hurtled towards Salandit, knocking it backwards!

"SALANDIT!" exclaimed Kyle.

Salandit tried to get up, and once it stood on its hind legs, a light started to shine around it! It evolved into Salazzle! With newfound strength, Salazzle used Flamethrower on Rockruff, who was too shocked to dodge! Rockruff tried to use Accelrock with incredible speed, but Salazzle hopped into the air and used Poison Gas, covering Rockruff and the rest of the battlefield with toxic gas, poisoning Rockruff. Salazzle leaped back down and shot a powerful Venoshock at Rockruff, but it wasn't over yet!Rockruff used Rock Blast and hit the Venoshock! The two moves collided, forming a cloud of dust.

Suddenly, the buzzer rang, and the time was up! The audience's attention turned to the screen above them, and the Pokemon with more of a bar left was....

Teiran gasped at the smoke that had gotten caught in the air. She waited for the smoke to clear, as she crossed her fingers to reassure herself that Kyle's bar had to be higher. When the smoke cleared, Teiran was too excited to speak. Salazzle was still standing, while Rockruff had collapsed onto the ground. Teiran did a fist pump in the air, a sign of victory.
(I hope it is okay that I had decided. If not, I will edit it)