• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join A Journey in Alola!

Duke decided to take a break from worrying over the two mystery wild Pokemon. Duke needed to relieve some stress and Rockruff needed training. Duke walked outside the Pokemon Center, passing by Teiran and Daniel, before he released his Donphan and Rockruff.

"Alright Rockruff, you get the first move." Duke said as Rockruff used Rock Blast and fired several rocks at the Donphan. Donphan in turn responded with a Rollout which easily smashed through the rocks and delivered a blow to Rockruff which sent it flying. Rockruff got back to its feet, the blow hurt but it wasn't gonna go down that easily.

"Well, I've been thinking about my performance, and talking to my Pokemon about it, and we want to show you!" Teiran suggested, as she twirled around, and her Pokemon did the same.

"Oh yeah?" Daniel answered, "Well, I'm eager to see what you've got, especially now that you have these two!" and he gestured to the ralts. He knew full well how important appeals were, as a coordinator, and when he had people with him, he'd always make them watch and critique. It was the only way to get good at performing.

After Kyle healed up all his Pokemon, he thought of the events that had occurred since he saw his father again. His father HAD loved him at one point, so why had he acted the way he did? What was wrong? And then he groaned as he realized what a jerk he had been with Duke. Revenge........he had over-exaggerated in the heat of the moment.
Despite all this, he trained up his Pokemon by having them practice their moves near the Pokemon Center, when suddenly, by the forest ahead of him, he found..... an egg?!? He picked the silver, white egg up and felt a chill roll across his spine. Then, he saw a letter attached to it:

"To whomever this may concern,

If this egg is in your hands, then something has happened to me. Please take care of this egg and raise it to be the strongest Pokemon it can be when it hatches one day!

-L"

Rockruff soon fell to the ground, knocked aside by Donphan's trunk. Rockruff, despite bruises and having taken quite the beating, got back to its feet.

"Rockruff, can you continue?" Duke asked, as Rockruff turned and gave a nod before it charged Donphan again. Rockruff jumped to avoid Donpahan's trunk and used Rock Blast to pelt the elephant. However, Donphan used a Defense Curl to reduce the damage and then moved forward into another Rollout which slammed into Rockruff sending it flying once again. Rockruff fell to the ground, it was slow to get up but managed to get back to its feet. Duke was about to stop the training until he saw that Rockruff still had the fire in its eyes. Duke decided to let it continue as Rockruff charged Donphan again.

"Well, okay!" Teiran exclaimed, stepping outside. Then she began.

"Let's do this! Ralts F, use Confusion!" Teiran shouted, as Ralts did so, sending pink rings of energy into the air. "Popplio, use Aqua Jet!" Teiran shouted to her water Pokemon. At command, Popplio shot his Aqua jet through the rings, and when the water was forced down by gravity again, it landed on the rings of Confusion, causing the rings to disperse into a pinkish powder. "Pichu, Thundershock." Teiran commanded, as she touched some of the pinkish powder. "Back up. Really Far." Teiran warned to Daniel. Pichu sent his thundershock at the powder in the air, and when it hit, their was a strong explosion, surrounding the trainer and Pokemon. As the smoke cleared, Teiran was holding out both arms, Ralts M and Ralts F on one, and Popplio and Pichu on the other. Then she threw up her arms, as they flipped off, and landed on the ground. "Ralts M, use Confusion!" Teiran said. As the Ralts used Confusion, Teiran nodded to Popplio, and it jumped through the ring graciously. With a flip of Popplio's tail, the rings vanished into thin air, and Teiran, along with her Pokemon, bowed.

Lopunny nodded, bringing Daniel's wheelchair back on command. As soon as the performance was over, Daniel applauded, along with his overprotective rabbit nurse.

"Looks like you've put together quite the show!" he praised, "If you do that again at your showcase, I'm sure you'll walk away with the princess key!"

"Thanks!" Teiran said with a big grin on her face. She was proud that she was able to perform in front of someone, before her real and true performance. "I sure hope I walk away with the princess key. And maybe we'll see Fernando their as well!" Teiran suggested, as she remembered her old run-in with him at the first performance.

"That seems like a treat! But tell me, who is this Kemen character?" Teiran asked in questioning, as she tilted her head to the side. Ralts F, Ralts M, and Pichu had returned to their pokeballs, which left Popplio with Teiran sitting next to Daniel. "I also forgot to mention that I named my two Ralts, Ralts M and F for male and female. At least for the time being." Teiran added.

"He's... Well..."

Daniel blushed deeply, as he recalled his memories of Kemen. The night that they'd met had been like a scene straight from a romance movie; Kemen had dropped his princess keychain, and Daniel had gone after him to give it back to him. And then they'd walked through Lumiose City together, while Prism Tiwer was all lit up...

"He's the Nita King," Daniel answered, "And... My boyfriend..."

"Ooh! Sounds romantic!" Teiran added, with a nudge of her shoulder. "And Nita king sounds pretty cool! I bet if he came here, I could never beat him..." Teiran said. "But I'll have to try!" she added, determination in her voice, and on her face. If she beat Kemen, she would be unstoppable for becoming Kalos Queen, in her mind.

Daniel chuckled dryly. "He's only gonna be doing an exhibition performance, so that means you won't be allowed to challenge him, when he comes," he informed her, "But he'll be back to performing for real, when he goes back to Nita, so you could go there and challenge him, if you think you've got what it takes to beat him!"

Teiran smiled a bright and determined smile, at the thought of challenging the Nita king. "I would adore to any time possible!" Teiran shouted, as she jumped up and down. Then she stopped, wonder still in her eyes, but asked, "So, what are we doing next?" Teiran asked Daniel, as she looked around the place, hand on her hip.

(Have you looked at the discussion recently? There's two people there waiting to join, and I' e told them that they need your permission first...)

"Well, I dunno," he replied, "I think fpr now, I'll be waitin' around until my contest... Or your showcase. Whichever's coming first..."

Kyle rushed back to where Daniel and Teiran were standing after having gotten an incubator for the egg and making sure it was ok. He put the egg in a safe compartment in his bag, when suddenly, he found a flyer for the next performance here in Alola....... right here in Heahea! "Teiran, I think you might wanna read this," he said, holding the flyer out.

(I haven't been getting notifications. I check right now)

Teiran took the flyer from his grasp, but not harshly, and read it. "I can't find a date..." Teiran said in confusion, as she scanned the flyer. "Do you know when it is?" Teiran asked Kyle, as she looked up from the flyer.

Rockruff fell to the ground once again, Donphan at this point had began to toy with it.

"Rockruff, you must understand you can't win at this point. We should stop." Duke advised but Rockruff, eventually making it to its feet, barked at Duke before it charged the Donphan again. Donphan knocked it aside with its trunk.

Teiran jumped, startled at the sudden change of plans. "Take your time! I'll see you on stage!" Teiran said, as she dashed out of sight, Popplio hopping after her. Teiran scooped Popplio off the ground, and dashed to a certain building. She dashed inside, and went to the registration desk. "I need to sign up, quick!" Teiran asked, as she gasped for air. "I'm sorry, but registrations are closed." the woman said. Teiran's insides turned to ice. "I have to get in! I'll go last if it works!" Teiran shouted desperately. "I'm sorry. Your too late." the woman said. Teiran didn't want to cry, but her tears got the best of her. She sat down, as tears streamed down her face.

Duke had to physically return Rockruff to get it to stop. Duke respected his competitive fire but Rockruff took things too far sometimes. Duke eventually made it to town where he saw Teiran in tears in front of a building. Duke ran up to her to offer support.

"What's wrong?" Duke asked out of concern.

Despite him ordering her to go faster, Lopunny pushed Daniel at a steady pace towards the showcase hall. Thanks to her, he arrived long after the commotion was over.

"What the..." he commented, "What's happening here?"

"I'm too late..." she said, wiping away her tears. "The sign ups are closed..." Teiran said, as she pointed to the building.
(I never told Daniel to hurry, in fact I said to take your time)

Duke slammed his hands against the registration desk.

"THIS IS AN OUTRAGE! AN INJUSTICE! YOU MUST HAVE A SPOT FOR TEIRAN YOU JUST HAVE TO!" Duke yelled at the registration worker before Charizard released itself from its Pokemon to pull Duke back and restrain him.

(I know, he just did anyway :p)

"Oh my," the boy gasped, "I... I'm so sorry..."

Lopunny chirped disapprovingly at Duke, for causing a scene. Especially when doing so probably wouldn't do Teiran any good...

Daniel, meanwhile, suddenly got to thinking of the contests that he'd been forced to miss. All of the times that he'd been desperate to perform, but he couldn't, because he was so ill that he couldn't even sit up, or feed himself. They'd been awful.

"I can live without it." Teiran said with a slightly forced smile. "Maybe we can watch?" Teiran suggested, standing up from her spot, and grasping the straps of her blue backpack.

"Are you sure about that?" Daniel began, "We could... We could go and find something else to do, instead..."

It always pained him way too much, when he was down with a flare, to watch contests on TV. Knowing that if it weren't for jis stupid illness, he'd be up on stage competing...

William drove up a small path asbhe past Daniel and Teiran before he stopped and drove back to them "Hello there" he ask in a gentle voice as he smiled. "Im William nice too meet you" William said as he place his right hand forward to Daniel and his left hand towards Teiran.

Teiran looked at the stranger, and shook his hand while saying, "I'm Teiran." She looked at the stranger cautiously, before introducing her Pokemon, Popplio, Pichu, and the male and female Ralts.

"Nice to meet you both" William said while he pulled out his arm launcher "watch this" he called out as he fire the launcher into the arm and a Pokèball came out. "Now Rotom come on out" William said as the Pokéball open sending out Rotom who float it down to him.

Daniel was suddenly shunted backward by Lopunny, who cried indignantly at the stranger, for making such a scene. Daniel wasn't too happy about tbe amount of noise and attention the launcher commanded, either.

"Would you not do that inside?!" he scoffed.

(Aren't we still outside?)

"Cool!" Teiran said in awe. "So, where are we headed to at the moment?" Teiran asked, getting over the fact that she couldn't perform for everyone.

(I thought we were still inside the showcase hall?)

"I don't know," Daniel responded, "Maybe we could... Go for malasadas? I'm not really sure..."

It seemed that everything to do in Heahea had already been done that day. Clothes shopping, training, and catching pokemon had been accomplisged just in one morning, and now, there didn't seem to be much else to do except wait for the morning... When Damiel's contest was due to take place...

(We'll just stick to that)

"Neither am I, but maybe we could try island trials?" Teiran suggested, as she turned to face the group. Teiran looked at Popplio, and he jumped onto her shoulder.

"Sounds reasonable to me." Duke answered, having had a moment to calm down since his outburst earlier. Charizard stood right next to him.