• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join A Journey in Alola!

Upon hearing Akio's proclamation, Daniel poured out some for him, too, offering him the bowl from his chair.

"So, I take it you've visited Johto before?" he enquired, "Beautiful place."

"Visited Johto? IT'S MY HOME!" He replied "I've been there since I was born! Look." He added showing all the badges of Johto!
Alola was the 2nd place he had been on his journey Johto was the first.

"May I have some stew as well?" Teiran asked, looking at how delicious it looked. She didn't want to be rude, so she tried not to sound that way. "Ah, Johto. I've heard of it before. It looks peaceful there!" Teiran said, as she looked at Akio, in joy. "I hope to travel to all of the regions, including Johto." Teiran said, looking up at the clear, and sunny sky.

"Sure, I've got enough for everyone," Daniel answered, spooning out a third bowl for her, before digging into his own cream stew.

"Kemen and I visited Johto in the summer, so we could participate in showcases and contests there," he reported, "Oh, and see real life geishas. They're so beautiful, like living works of art."

Daniel would never forget the dance of the senior geisha, at a show he'd seen with his boyfriend. She was heavily made up, and in a flowing kimono, as she did a dance depicting the birth of a yuki onna. She was as graceful and ethereal as the spirit she was portraying.

Teiran happily took the bowl, and gave a thank you to him. She immediately started to slurp the delicious stew, dabbing her face with a napkin, every time she got some stew on her face. " So what's a geisha?" Teiran asked, wondering about it. She wasn't familiar with this, let alone the region of Johto. Teiran, still wondering about this 'geisha' looked at Daniel, with a questioning look on her face.

"A geisha is someone who does things like dance wearing a certain outfit," He told her. Akio was very familiar with Johto!
"You can't go wrong watching" He told her.

Attachments

• An Adventure In Alola.png
    An Adventure In Alola.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Daniel swallowed a little of the broth, before continuing his story. "They're skilled entertainers, who embody traditional Johto concepts of beauty," he explained, "They wear heavy kimonos and makeup, and they dance, play instruments, serve tea, and play games with their guests."

Akio didn't go those Parades much, living in New Bark Town until he was 11 was a tough deal! He liked it there though, Plus whenever he wanted he could travel to Cherrygrove and meet some Quagsire! He obviously didn't stay where Daniel went to not explain well enough, however back in Johto all Akio cared about were friends and Gyms...

(Please wright in paragraphs, @Akio and Cubone . We don't want you kicked out.)

"Cool." Teiran said, smiling. "Something new I learned today. Maybe I could go to Johto and do that once!" Teiran said, quickly slurping down more of Daniel's stew. "This is the best stew I've ever had!" Teiran said, as she looked at Daniel, stars in her eyes. "I've never tasted anything better!" she exclaimed, slurping down more.

Akio who had already finished his bowl stared down at Cubone and told him
"He can teach them to dance first thing in the morning if you want, but we need their approval obviously."
Cubone nodded and went over to Popplio and Pichu
"Do you want to train first thing in the morning?" Cubone asked in Pokémon speak.

"Oh, really?" Daniel chuckled, smiling widely, "Thanks! It's only a simple recipe, though... Hey, you should meet Kemen sometime. His cooking is far, far better than mine, and he makes all sorts of tasty dishes from the Nita region. He'll slap you if you ask for a burrito, though..."

Kemen grew up learning how to make all of his region's staple dishes, amd he was quite the skilled cook. He made excellent sopa de ajo, and farton, and got very, very sensitive about being asked to make Mexican food. He insisted that he knew nothing of the cuisine, being brought up in Nita, and not in Southern Unova...

"Yeah!" Popplio said in Pokemon speak, as he flipped around. "Can we do it now?" Pichu asked in Pokemon speak, wide eyes and smile plastered on his face. Teiran, finally fished her bowl, and gave it back to Daniel. "Thanks!" she said to Daniel. "Kemen? He sounds interesting!" Teiran said to Daniel.

"We may do it now if you wish!" Cubone told them. Akio handed the bowl and replied with something a bit strange...
"WHAT HAS HE GOT AGAINST BURRITOS." Exactly, Not what people would probably think he'd say.
Cubone did the confused face at akio and slapped him with a bone rush because Akio was acting weird.
But Akio was excited to meet a new friend!

(For future reference: Kemen's sensitivity about burritos stems from the fact that he is from Nita, a region based on Spain, and he hates being compared to people from latin American regions (?). Spanish and Mexican culture is NOT the same at all)

"He gets a lot of jibes about burritos, since he's from Nita," Daniel replied, "Oh, and tauros fighting, and flamenco. He's a proud, Nita-born tap dancer."

"Let me tell you, I LOVE burritos, but I can live without 'em." Teiran said, trying to make both Akio and Daniel feel better. "So, what dance moves does Cubone plan on teaching Poppio and Pichu?" Teiran asked Akio, as she sat down, and got comfortable on the dirt.

(No church for me today, cuz I'm not Christian XD yaaay! But I do have to go to dinner with my extended family later, so I might not be able to reply as often =3=)

Daniel chuckled a little as Plusle hopped into his lap again, hugging the tiny electric type as tightly as he could. She was such a baby. She was, technically, a baby, since she wasn't even a year old yet.

"You always want my attention, don't you, baby girl?" he said softly, tickling Plusle's tiny belly as she dried out in delight.

Teiran watched Daniel tickling his Plusle, and she giggled at the cute sight. They really got along. "How adorable." Teiran said to herself, as she thought about her two Ralts. They still needed to get healed, and Teiran wanted to get to know them more. "So...what kind dances will Cubone be teaching Popplio and Pichu?" Teiran asked Akio, trying to strike up some more conversation. She also didn't want this to take long.

"Cubone mostly will be teaching how to dodge attacks from huge Pokémon and how to do amazing kicks for something like exploding bubbles!"
He replied. Cubone was confident when it came down to dancing and being able to learn ice beam and flamethrower was a real keeper for Cubone!

"Okay..." Teiran said, still worried about the two Ralts, and how late they could be to the Pokemon Center. "So let's do this thing, am I right?" Teiran asked Akio, anticipating when they would do more around the island and such.

"I'm fine, I just caught two new Pokemon, and they're low on health." Teiran said, as she looked at the two pokeballs of hers. Popplio and Pichu started to flip around, and jump up and down, showing off some dance moves of theirs. Teiran looked at them, wondering what they were doing.

"I guess..." Teiran said, as she looked at Daniel. "Wait, how'd you know I got Ralts?" Teiran asked Daniel, stunned at how on earth he knew. Popplio and Pichu looked at Cubone, for approval for their dance moves. They did their best, but still needed some dancing skills.

(Ahh I completely forgot that he wasn't there at the time X.X my brain's in ten places at once today! Preparations for Beltane and editing got me stressin')

Daniel attended to Plusle as she continued to cry for attention, placating the baby pokemon as best he could.

"Maybe you should get to thinking about combination moves as well," he added, "Do you know the full movesets of your pokemon?"

"No, but I want to practice while no one's watching... too much stress, that I'll mess up..." Teiran said, looking at the ground, embarrassed. She hated when people watched her. It was so embarrassing to her. What if she messed up? What if she made a fool of herself?

"But wouldn't it be better to practice, and mess up now, than not practice, and mess up on live TV at the showcase?" Daniel added, "Kemen practiced in front of me until I got sick of watching him, because he really wanted to perfect his master class performance. And now, he's the Nita King!"

(@Pokemon trainer Joe you must ask in the discussion page! there's a link on the first page.)

"I do practice, but just not in front of everyone...I also don't know what to do yet, I mean I just got two new Pokemon, that I barely know. But I guess when I figure out something, I can show it to you!" Teiran said, as her smile lit up a bit. She stood up from where she was standing. "Shall we head to the Pokemon Center, then?" she asked politely, tilting her head.

"Yeah, guess we should do that," Daniel answered, packing up his stuff, "And I still gotta send that Oricorio to my uncle, too!"

He called Lopunny over, and she immediately understood what it was that he was asking, getting behind him.

"How about you, Akio?" Teiran asked her crush. Teiran suddenly realized something, as her smile on the outside remained, but her insides were turning white. Where was everyone? No Zara, no Duke, no Emily, no Blake, no injured boy, no mysterious dude. They had all kind of disappeared. She just decided to shake of this strange feeling.

Duke would like to have said things went well when he separated from the group, but they were not.

Deep inside a cave, he and his Rockruff stood faced to face with a Tyranitar and a Houndoom. Both were aggressive and ready to attack.

"Well, this is an issue. Something tells me these Pokemon...are not well." Duke said, referring to the red eyes the two Pokemon had. Indicating something had been affecting them. Rockruff stood its ground, ready to fight.

(Yo, where is everybody?)

Daniel fussed with his stuff for a bit, ensuring that he hd everything, before setting off. He really didn't want to risk leaving anything, especially not his medications, or his pokeballs behind...

(I have not been getting notifications........... SORRY!)

"Daniel," said Kyle, approaching the coordinator, "Do you mind if I show you my routine? I've been practicing it for a while now, and plus, my dad sent me one of his Pokemon, so...."

"Okay then, Salandit, let's go!" he exclaimed, calling out his new Pokemon. "Start off with Dragon Rage, and spin while you're doing it!" Salandit released a burst of blue energy and started to spin, making a twister of blue light. "Now, use Poison Gas inside the twister!" As the poison gas was released, the twister started to grow and grow, and poison bubbles started to rise. Salandit hopped from bubble to bubble until it was visible at the top of the twister. "Finish this with a Flamethrower inside the twister.... now!" The fire shot into the spinning twister of energy and poisonous bubbles..... and the whole thing burst into specks of blue, purple, and red light! Salandit flipped in midair and landed on its hind legs, bowing. "And........ done!"

Teiran clapped, as Kyle finished his performance. "That was great, Kyle!" she said. "Your going to do great!" she exclaimed, with a cheery smile. Although one of her friends was back, the disappearance of Zara, Emily, Blake, and the mysterious man. She shivered a bit, as she hugged Popplio close to her chest.

Deep within a cave Duke's Charizard delivered a nasty Dragon Claw to the Tyranitar's face, knocking the beast back. Duke's Donphan nailed the Houndoom with a powerful Rollout attack. Rockruff then took the chance to pelt both with a Rock Blast attack. Duke didn't know what overcame these Pokemon, but they had to beat them first to save their own skins before Duke could worry about that.

"Thanks!" exclaimed Kyle. "Based on all of your past performances, you'll do great as well!" Suddenly, a duo of Team Skull members approached Kyle. "Yo, yo, yo, look who it is! It's our homie's Guzma's little twerp! Well, we've been sent to get you!" Kyle shuddered. "Beat it! I'm never going back!" He sent out Rowlett and then turned to Teiran. "Help me out here, please."

Before he started the battle, he turned to Daniel. "Of course! That was what my training was built off of!" Then, he turned back to theTeam Skull members, who were laughing at him. "Awww, Guzma's wittle boy has no masculinity and resorts to..... contests! Why ain't you like your dad and actually participate in Pokemon battles?"