• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join A Journey in Alola!

"Gladly." Teiran said, as she turned to the grunts, and sent out Popplio, since her other Pokemon were pretty close to fainted. "All right, use Water Gun!" Teiran shouted, as she pointed a finger at the grunts. She didn't care if she hurt them or not, she just wanted them to leave her friend alone.

Last edited:
Daniel, meanwhile, sent out his most physically capable pokemon, Machoke. "Alright, use focus blast!" he ordered, when the muscleman pokemon appeared before him, flexing for Lopunny, before obeying the order.

(Poplio knows Thunder Shock, or is that just a mistake?)

"Rowlett, use Leafage!" exclaimed Kyle as Team Skull sent out a Rattata and a Yungoos. All moves hit the other Pokemon and damaged them, but Kyle was too mad at the whole organization, his father..... Suddenly, the person he hated most appeared. "I thought I was clear when I wanted you to come home, son!" exclaimed Guzma. "Now, I guess I'll have to take you by force! Golisopod, use Razor Shell!"

Daniel blinked. He'd been told to watch out for Team Skull when he arrived in Alola, but he'd assumed that they were nothing more than petty thugs. He never imagined that he'd come face to face with the big cheese of the organisation so soon... Or that he'd get caught up in drama over the fact that he had a son. Guzma really didn't seem like the kind of person to have had a child, or to actively want him around.

Still, he ignored the absurdity of the situation, and ordered Machoke to use focus blast again.

(Sorry! I thought I was using Pichu! Edited.)

"Guzma, the leader of the team skull organization...is your father?!" Teiran asked, astonished at the drama between the two. Teiran ignored her own question, and said, "Use Bubble on Guzma." to Popplio. She was too mad at Guzma. She had guessed, that Guzma was going to forcefully bring Kyle onto team skull.

"Yeah, complicated relationship," said Kyle. Then, he turned to Rowlett, who was hit hard with the Razor Shell. He groaned, and the sent out his Cutiefly and Salandit "Cutiefly, Fairy Wind! Salandit, use Venoshock! Rowlett, use Razor Leaf!"

Daniel ordered another focus blast from Machoke, and then got out his Serperior, to unleash a petal dance against their assailants. He had some lum berries handy, so he needn't worry about the grass snake becoming confused.

Duke eventually exited the cave, the rogue Houndoom fainted and on his shoulders while the fainted Tyranitar was on Donphan's back. Rockruff remained by Duke's side before Duke gave out instructions.

"Alright, these Pokemon are not well and need treatment. We will carry them to the nearest Pokemon Center. Now let's move!" Duke called out as he, Donphan and Rockruff began to ran in the direction Teiran and the others walked off towards when they separated earlier. Duke's focus was on getting to a Pokemon Center as soon as possible, but he couldn't help but wonder how Teiran and the others were doing.

Teiran was starting to get worried. Then, an idea came to her head. "Duke!" Teiran shouted. He couldn't of gotten too far ahead of the others. Teiran's plan, was if Duke were to hear her, he might come and help them out. The more the merrier, right? "Alright, Popplio, use-" Before Teiran could finish her command, Popplio opened his mouth, and used a strange form of Water gun, which Teiran identified as, Aqua jet. In fact, Popplio used Aqua jet directly at Guzma. "Great job, Popplio." Teiran said, with a smirk on her face, glaring at Guzma.

"Teiran? DON'T WORRY MY FRIEND I AM COMING!" Duke called out as he charged ahead to where he heard Teiran's voice. Soon he saw Teiran and the others in the middle of a battle. Duke knew he had to help them first before he could treat the injured Pokemon.

"Guzma! Leader of Team Skull I presume. Perfect, I came here to bring you to justice. Go Charizard!" Duke called out as he released his Charizard and was ready to fight Guzma.

As his father fell to the ground, Kyle approached him. "Never in a million years will I come back with you!" As he said this, Guzma smirked. Suddenly, Golisopod came from behind him and used Razor Shell, knocking him backward. Rowlett and the other Pokemon fluttered after him, but they were knocked out, too. "Now," said Guzma. "It's time to take care of you two!"

"Serperior, frenzy plant! Machoke, use drain punch!"

Serperior whipped up several thick, thorned vines, headed straight for Golisopod, as Machoke powered forward, fist cloaked in a burst of golden energy. He wasn't going let Guzma get in the way.

"Charizard Dragon Claw!" Duke called out as Charizard shot forward looking to deliver a slash attack to the Golisopod. Duke came to Alola to stop Team Skull and wasn't gonna miss a chance to take out their leader.

As Kyle looked up, he saw two Team Skull members grabbing him, and as they lifted him up, he kicked the one on his left and punched the one on his right. He may not have liked his father, but he had to admit that he trained him well. Rowlett got up, too, and used Razor Leaf on them, and suddenly..... it evolved into Dartrix! "Dartrix, use Razor Leaf!" shouted Kyle, with regained strength. Dartrix used Razor Leaf and hit Golisopod, knocking it back.

Teiran ran up and grabbed Guzma's arm, as she started to weakly punch him. "You rotten, rotten man." she shouted, as she kicked him in the shins. "I won't let you get away! Your going to regret the day you ever met the future champion of Alola!" she shouted, as she hit him more, weakly.

Daniel returned Serperior as soon as his frenzy plant was over, eager to let his exhausted pokemon rest. Machoke, meanwhile, kept going with the drain punches, but only against the golisopod. Daniel was a bit of a pseudo pacifist, and would never dare attack another human being.

Duke took the liberty of making a tackle and sending Guzma to the ground. The two then traded punches.

"Is that all you've got Guzma? I thought you hit harder than that!" Duke said as both men traded blows to the jaw.

Teiran was a little weirded out for a minute. "Boy fight..." she said to herself in a high pitched tone. She raced to the grunts, carrying away Kyle, and how Dartrix helped out his trainer. Teiran immediately ran to them, and jumped up, and using her practice kicks, kicked one of the grunts in the elbow, and her leg also flipped to the other grunt, kicking his upper arm, hoping this would effect them.
(I'm leaving the effects to you, @Arsenal42226512 )

As Kyle got out of the grunt's grasp, he saw Teiran valiantly kicking at them and defending him. "Cutiefly, Salandit, help Teiran out with your moves!" As they started attacking the grunts, Kyle headed to his father, who was in a brawl with Teiran's friend. "Leave this to me!" exclaimed Kyle, who grabbed his father by the shirt and said, "You know what? Why did I ever look up to you in the first place? What did I ever see in you?" Guzma laughed, and Kyle had him stand up. Guzma grunted, and the two Team Skull members ran to him and hopped into a car, taking them away. "WAAAAIT!" exclaimed an enraged Kyle. It was too late: they were gone.

Last edited:
Duke, the normally fun loving and happy go lucky man, actually grabbed Kyle by the collar and lifted him up, shooting the younger man a glare.

"I had him, I HAD HIM! Why did you get in my way!?" Duke yelled, showing a sign of anger he had never shown anyone before. Months of searching, months of hard work...and Guzma got away when he FINALLY had him in his grasp. Duke wrongly blamed Kyle for this.

(Too gory, @Arsenal42226512 . please edit the blood)

Teiran looked at the team skull members, and waved goodbye, a smirk on her face. "I never thought I'd have to do the kicking technique." Teiran said, breathing heavily, as she had started to sweat. Then she saw Duke and Kyle. "Duke!" Teiran said, as she stepped in between the two, looking at Duke. "I've never seen this side of you." she said uncomfortably, as she looked up at him. "It wasn't his fault..." Teiran said, defending Kyle.

"He's MY father!" exclaimed Kyle. "My burden! I can tell you have some sort of grudge against him, but you have NO idea how much worse of a grudge I have! I'm the one who has to deal with him, and if I'm weak, then I....have to make myself stronger! Physically and mentally!"

Daniel hung back from the drama, unwilling to get involved. It was none of his business what Team Skull got up to, anyway, and what happened with Guzma wasn't his battle to fight.

Lopunny pushed him forward, however, eager to check that everyone involved was unharmed.

"This isn't about a grudge you idiot!" Duke yelled out before he set Kyle on the ground. Walking away before he turned to Teiran and let out a sigh.

"I'm sorry. It's just I came to Alola to bring down Team Skull, bring Guzma to justice. After months of work, I finally found him and had a chance to right the wrongs he committed, to help bring peace to Alola. Then he slipped out of my grasp. It's not your fault. I apologize for my behavior." Duke said before he turned to Kyle.

"Understand this, vengeance doesn't make anything better. I know first hand what it can do to someone, and even if you get it you won't feel any better." Duke said to Kyle

"Actually..." smirked Kyle. "I wouldn't let him get away without putting a transmitter device on him!" He pulled out his PokeDex and activated the tracking function and saw that Guzma had made it to the other side of the island. "This must be his base!" he said, pointing to where Guzma's location stopped.

"I can't help what team skull does, and it isn't any of my concern. It's also not what I want to do here in Alola. I'm not into hunting him down, but I am into heading to our goals, but not involving team skull. I say we head on, and ignore the reason. I fought to help my friend, and that is it." Teiran said, sternly, as she looked at both of them, her eyebrows furrowed. "Now, I say we go to the Pokemon Center." Teiran said, her expression still annoyed.

"Uh, you know, there ARE some good trials along the way, and since Duke wants to get back at them, and you and I got contests/performances/trials to do, why don't we just go along that route anyways?" Kyle responded as they headed to the Pokemon Center.

"Agreed," Daniel chimed in, "My pokemon are exhausted, and so am I."

Lopunny also agreed to the proposal, eager to go there and tend to everyone's injuries. Oh, and get Daniel dosed up on more of his pain medication.

Duke smiled at Teiran's suggestion.

"I'm in agreement with Teiran. Besides a couple Pokemon I found while training need some help as well. Beyond their physical injuries, something is wrong with their minds. Team Skull can wait for the moment." Duke explained, having pointed back to the fainted Tyranitar and Houndoom on Donphan's back.

Daniel handed his pokemon over, to be healed, while Lopunny pushed him into the lounge, and got his medication out for him. There was a lot of it; enough to fill a whole cupboard when he was at home, so he took a long time taking all of it.

(@Akio and Cubone are you going to respond?)

Teiran walked into the Pokemon Center, and handed her Pokemon to Nurse Joy. As Popplio left her side to be cared for, Teiran sat down on the couch, still frowning over Duke and Kyle's fight. "So annoying..." she said to herself. She looked at the Pokemon Center door, wondering if Akio was coming.

"Tell me something I don't know," Daniel scoffed between pills, "That whole drama could have been avoided, if only they'd been men about the situation, and not little boys competing for sympathy."

Duke overhead the conversation but said nothing. Daniel had a point, he was childish during that exchange. Still this was his fight, not theirs. Duke intended to keep it that way. For now though Duke's focus was on the injured wild Pokemon that attacked them. Duke was confident enough that physically they'd be fine, but they way they acted and the strange red eyes were far from natural. Duke, using a special ID he had on hand, was able to get into the back room where the two Pokemon were being worked on.

"Anything?" Duke asked the nurse, who simply gave him a shrug. They had no clue what was wrong with them. Duke let out a sigh, this was troublesome.

Teiran nodded, as she took back her Pokemon. She had never been this mad, or frustrated with anyone in her whole life, besides her siblings. "This wasn't that bad, though. You should've seen MY house when my brothers got into a fight...they both had fire Pokemon." Teiran said, thinking about her old, burnt down house, and how they bought a new one. This made her laugh a bit.

Kyle approached Teiran and said, "Look, I'm really........ What I'm trying to say is........ I just wish that never happened. Running into my father. He would always make fun of me for liking contests, for not being tough enough, and at one point... I just had to leave. I shouldn't have been so childish as to have argued with Duke." He walked away to go train his Pokemon.

"Fire types?!" Daniel began, as he finally stopped popping pills, and went to take back Serperior and Machoke, "I can see how those arguments would've ended. My mum's so paranoid about having the house burned down, that she won't let me have fire types!"

Teiran stopped Kyle before he started to train. "Kyle, I forgive you." she said, patiently. Teiran giggled at Daniel's comment, quickly regaining her bubbly side again. "One of my other brothers put it out with his Mudkip, but the house was practically in ruins by then!" Teiran exclaimed.

Daniel blinked. "O-oh my... That sounds rough..."

Daniel's pokemon had done damage to his house before, but never had they managed to completely destroy it. The worst incident that had happened at home was the tome that Serperior accidently knocked over a framed picture of Daniel's father, but he'd been meaning to get rid of that anyway, so it was no big deal.

"It's no biggie, we just bought a new one!" Teiran exclaimed a smile on her face, as she thought about how her sisters were doing at home with their mom. She smiled at this thought, as Popplio hopped onto her shoulder, from where it was standing. "I almost forgot!" Teiran exclaimed, as she released her two Ralts, and let Pichu join in. "These are my new Ralts! One is a female, and one is male!" Teiran pointed out.