• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join A Journey in Alola!

Duke's goal wasn't to catch a Pokemon, but some training was needed. He walked further into the outskirts, and into nearby woods, to find strong Pokemon to fight. Charizard remained by his side. Eventually an Ursaring came from the clearing.

"Perfect. Rockruff show it your spirit!" Duke said releasing Rockruff to battle the Ursaring.

"Rock Blast!" Duke called out, as Rockruff shot several rocks at Ursaring pelting the bear as it staggered. Ursaring regained its footing and charged Rockruff, aiming to deliver a Slash.

"Jump and use Bite!" Duke instructed as Rockruff jumped out of the way of Ursaring's paw and bit its shoulder, causing Ursaring to scream in pain. Usaring eventually shoot Rockruff off and nailed a Slash at Rockruff, knocking it against a tree.

"You okay Rockruff?" Duke asked, as Rockruff made it back to its feet ready for more.

He stepped in the tall grass and heard a crack as he stepped down, IT WAS EXEGGCUTE! Akio's first real battle was in action!
"Go SPOOPY!" He grinned sending out Rowlett to fight as he grabbed a Pokéball, a leaf stone just incase he caught it and a razz berry so It liked him. He gave all the heads a Razz Berry,
"Spoopy, PECK!" He shouted Rowlett obeyed orders and Pecked The Exeggcute, The Exeggcute used Psychic! This could be Rowlett's doom but it refused.
"Now's our chance!" He shouted throwing the Pokéball turning back his cap. This grin was bigger than ever because. . .1 shake. . .2 shake. . .3 shake? Gotcha! Exeggcute was caught. Data registered to the Pokédex. Akio sent out Exeggcute giving it the leaf stone to evolve it into Exeggutor turns out in Alola it had a super tall neck and a tail with a mind of it's own...all of a sudden Akio got really excited and confused the same time saying:
"WHAT? SO TALL? MUTATION? WHA?"

Daniel had Lopunny push him off into a quieter area, where he could practice for his contest. He'd rehearsed this appeal with Mightyena a hundred times before, but he had to make absolutely sure that he got it right today.

He released Mightyena, and thanks to her seal, she appeared, surrounded by a cloud of black hearts.

"Mightyena, use hidden power!"

(I haven't been getting notifications.... Sorry!)

"Sorry to have kept you waiting," said Kyle as he returned to where Akio had caught his new Alolan Exeggutor. "I had a lot on my plate to deal with back on the ship! Now, can you tell me where I can register for the next Pokemon contest?"

"I wanna know where I can sign up for the Island trial!" He told Kyle. Still very confused by his Exeggutor, Akio was ready to battle! Only more training to raise Rowlett and Wartortle and he could have Dartrix and Blastoise.

"We register in Heahea City Stadium," Daniel reported, before giving his next order to Mightyena. White bubbles were swirling around her in a sparkling vortex, and she was eagerly awaiting her next order.

"Now, Mightyena, use astonish!"

The wolf pokemon shattered the bubbles with a quick strike, and they exploded, bursting into silver showers.

Akio's eyes sparkled when he saw the contest combo.
"We should wait until the others are done, right?" He asked. Next he had to teach Rowlett how to do Dance Combos to Dodge moves...mostly because Alolan Exeggutor might have troubles.

"Well," said Kyle, "if you want to sign up for the trials, like I did, then you have to contact one of the kahunas of the islands. They'll start you off with a case for your Z-Crystals, like mine here," he said, showing off his case.

(@Akio and Cubone you can't just have caught a Pokemon, and instantly evolve it. This is considered over powered evolving, and plus, you can't just seemingly have a leaf stone)

"I've already signed up for the island trials!" Teiran said, as she pulled out her Z crystal case. "I don't have a Z ring though, and I don't want one. Too overpowered." Teiran said. "My Pokemon can help me beat the Champion, without super moves." Teiran said, as she bent down, and pet her Pokemon's head.

"Why have Z crystals, if you're not gonna use them, though?" Daniel scoffed, "Doesn't that defeat the point of having them?"

He turned his attention back to Mightyena, ready to give her next instruction.

"Mightyena, use shadow claw, straight down on the ground!"

The wolf pokemon did just that, shrouding the ground below her in a black cloud...

"And now, ice fang!"

As Mightyena's freezing fangs made contact with the cloud, it suddenly became heavy, and then black snow exploded from the cloud as she landed.

"For proof. Proof that I beat the trials. To be honest, I think, in my opinion, it's a good idea, so I can get the chance to battle the champions, Red and Blue (or Green)." Teiran said, as she looked at her empty badge case. "I hope we can battle the three trials here, and the Kahuna as well!" Teiran implied, as she hoped to get some crystals to fill up her case.

"I'm sure we'll have time for the trials," Daniel assured, "But we'll have to wait for the contest, and the showcase. I can't afford to miss my chance at another ribbon, and you can't afford to miss a showcase."

He called Mightyena back, offering her a pokestick as a reward, before returning her.

"I agree." Teiran said to Daniel. "So, the showcase is in about four days, so you said your showcase was in a day?" Teiran asked, trying to recall what Daniel had said. She looked at him, thinking about how well he'd do at his next contest. In fact, she hoped that he'd win, and knock everyone out of the water.

(@Yellow.lol Sorry it's still an Exeggcute then)
"I want a groundium z, I don't even have a case..." He said, "So which way is it to the sign ups?" He asked very hyped. This was the first time he had experienced something like this since he battled Mega Steelix back in Johto. Boy was that a ride for Charmeleon!

"I think we should wait until Daniel has his contest, and then we'll have plenty of time to take on the island trials!" Teiran said happily, turning her attention to Akio. Teiran was just as excited as him, to take on the island trial, but Daniel's contest was soon, and Teiran couldn't afford to miss it. Teiran, hearing Daniel, opened up her Pokegear, and checked when it was. "About four days!" Teiran said, with a smile.

"Daniel's Contest is what matters to him! In fact this might be super exciting as well. Oh god!" He said. Akio had forgot to call Elm and Oak to tell them how things are going! He quickly asked
"Is there a Poképhone near by?"

Teiran held out her Pokegear to him. "Just use my Pokegear!" she said, with a small smile. Then Teiran heard Daniel, and said, "Why don't we see your routeen for your contest, Daniel!" Teiran said, unsure if he had already done it, or she missed it. If she missed it, she wouldn't want to make him redo it.

Akio turned on the Pokégear and knew how it worked cause he had one in Johto. He dialed in Oak's number.
"AKIO! It's been a while. What's new?" Oak asked intrigued by Akio's journey so far.
"I caught Spoops the Rowlett and an Exeggcute!" He told Oak excited for what was next.
"Mmmhhmmm, There is something you should know about Alolan evolution. Some Pokémon much like Exeggutor and Marowak have Alolan forms!" Oak said showing Alolan Marowak and Alolan Exeggutor.
"Whoa! I wan't Cubone to become that one!" He said. "How do I change the evolution?" He asked
"Exeggutor is used to it's environment, however Cubone evolves into Alolan Marowak at nighttime when it hits level 28!" Oak said ending the call with a goodbye. Akio was puzzled by Alolan Forms but turned and Gave the Pokégear back to Teiran.

"Sure, I could do that," Daniel replied curtly, placing the seal back on Mightyena's pokeball, "I've decided to try something different with the final element, though. Let me know if you think it works!"

He threw Mightyena's pokeball in front of him, and thanks to the seal, she appeared in a cloud of black hearts, which soon burst, leaving her centre stage.

"Mightyena, use hidden power!"

The wolven pokemon surrounded herself with white bubbles, which swirled up and around her, as she waited for her next order.

"Now, use astonish!"

And with that, Mightyena leapt up, bursting the bubbles with a quick strike. They exploded into silver sparks as she landed.

"Mightyena, let's wrap it up. Use shadow claw!"

Mightyena swiped in front of her with an X motion, makng a black cloud...

"And now, ice fang!"

The pokemon ran her frozen fangs through the cloud, freezing it solid. It soon fell as black snow, and she jumped into Daniel's lap, for the finish.

This whole time Akio was staring at the performance, he didn't expect such beautiful move. It was Astonishing! (Pun intended)
"WHOA! I wish my Pokémon and our moves were as good as that!" He said still amazed by that powerful, enticing contest ability!

Teiran took back her Pokegear, and put it in her bag, as she turned her attention to Daniel's performance. It was the most beautiful thing Teiran had ever seen. When it had ended, Teiran shouted, "That was...AMAZING!" since it truly was. "Your going to do amazing, as well as Kyle, if he attends..." Teiran added, forgetting that Kyle was a contestant.

"So whens your Pokémon Showcase Teiran?" He asked, He knew he could become queen. All of a sudden Cubone tugged Akio's leg and whispered something that Akio thought would be a great idea!
"Cubone wanted to know if he could give your Pokémon dancing lessons to help out Teiran!" He told her.

Daniel blushed slightly, unused to receiving such genuine praise from anyone other than Kemen and Rose.

"Thanks guys. Now, what else do you wanna do?" he began, "Shouldn't you practice for you showcase?"

Duke and Rockruff managed to defeat the Ursaring. However, before the could head back to the others Duke saw a mystery figure enter a nearby cave.

"I know we should go back to our friends, but my gut tells me we should check that out." Duke said to Charizard and Rockruff, who both nodded in agreement before they followed the figure into the cave.

"I always want my showcase to be a surprise, sorry!" Teiran said, with a sheepish smile on her face. Then she turned her attention to Akio. "I already said, five times, that it's in four days!" Teiran said, with a giggle. "And sure! I think Popplio and Pichu would love dancing lessons! Wouldn't you guys?" Teiran asked her Pokemon. They nodded in agreement, as they raced over to Akio's Cubone. "Well, should we watch Cubone teach Popplio and Pichu?" Teiran suggested to Daniel.

"I think we should" He replied as Cubone gave them a quick lecture and started speaking about how it is possible to use dancing in any way.
He asked if Popplio knew Ice Beam so he could show the a good old classic!

"If you want to," Daniel replied, crossing his legs, "And after that, how about getting some lunch? Our pokemon must be hungry by now..."

Loppuny chirruped in agreement, licking the dhair into place as she fussed with her vest.

"Okay...lunch after this is a good idea." Teiran said, feeling her own stomach grumble in hunger. Now Popplio, not knowing the move Icebeam, shook it's head, saying, "No, sorry!" in Pokemon speak. Teiran waited in anticipation, hoping to see her Pokemon learn some new moves.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Ahhh, Guess I'll have to teach ya!" Cubone said in Pokémon speak. Cubone ran up to Akio asking how TMs and HMs they had left.
"Sorry Bud, From Johto I only have Dragon pulse :'|." Akio replied.
"Do any of you have a move like Ice Beam?" Cubone asked them.

"No" said Popplio and Pichu, in Pokemon speak. And Teiran, not being a Pokemon legend, couldn't understand Pokemon (XD remember, Noir?) Popplio and Pichu were getting confused on how this would work. "Sorry to interrupt, but should we get lunch first? And then we'll get back to the dancing?" Teiran asked Akio, hoping not to hurt his feelings. Her stomach was starting to hurt, since she usually ate more than waffles for breakfast, her family being rich.

"Yeah we should eat first, gotta be prepared. Am I right Cubone?" He asked, Cubone replied with an assuring grunt and went to his food bowl.
Akio grabbed some Pokémon food and put it in his Bowl.

(Aha!)

Daniel set out a tray on his wheelchair, as he began preparing food for his pokemon. He had food on hand to match the needs of all of his pokemon, according to their species and type.

He set six different bowls down on the ground, before he set up a campfire, and a small pot.

"I'm making cream stew, if anyone wants some," he announced, putting a little butter in his pot.

"I was thinking a restaurant? But I guess this is good." Teiran said, shrugging her shoulders, and pulling out a large basket, covered in a plaid cloth. "I got Pokepuffs, a few sandwiches, a couple bags of chips, five cookies, and four chocolate milks, as well as four regular milks." Teiran said, as she pulled out a sandwich for herself, a bag of Fritos, and a carton of chocolate milk. "My parents spoil me." Teiran said. She gave a couple Pokepuffs to Popplio and Pichu, and offered one to Cubone. "I can share." Teiran offered the two trainers.

Akio reached into his bag to add to the collection when his bag was to heavy to carry...he looked inside and found none other than. . .

His mother's larvitar.
"Oh no, I can't have 7 Pokémon at once Larvo, I'll just take the food and leave you be." He said grabbing Classic Pokémon food and biscuts in the shape of everyone in Johto's favourites: Cyndaquil, Chikorita and Totodile!

Upon seeing the rather fattening spread Teiran had brought, Daniel cringed, and went back to his cream stew. Before his illness, he would happily have eaten it, but now that he had fibro, he had to avoid excess sugar. It was one of his worst triggers...

"Sorry, but I can't eat that," he reported, adding some milk to the stew, "Excess sugar can make my pain worse."

"Oh, I'm sorry..." Teiran said, as she put everything away, hoping to make Daniel feel better, after seeing his cringe. She put her egg salad sandwich, Fritos, and Chocolate milk back in the basket, without eating them. "So what kind of stew is that?" Teiran asked, sniffing the air. "It smells delicious!" she exclaimed, as she continued smelling.

"It's a cream stew my mum learned to make, when she visited Johto," he answered, stirring in some shredded combusken meat, "It's rich, easy, and comforting, so I sometimes make it when I'm homesick."

He continued stirring the white stew until it was thick enough, and then poured it out into a bowl, spooning in an extra few pieces of carrot and potato.

"It's also great to eat when I'm having a flare," he added, chuckling, "It's one of the only things that doesn't taste awful, when my taste buds are so out of whack, that everything tastes like pure sugar!"

"CREAM STEW?" He asked really excited, back in Johto he would have that so much, so it wasn't a surprise he loved it.
He was about to burst because of how much he wanted it so he said.
"LET'S EAT!"