• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed The Merciless Mirai Region Disscussion

@Occidentali's Karma Yeah, you got everything as far as I know (There's also a big Seismitoad Houndoom Houndour joint battle thing going on too, though most people are running away from that mess)

I just had a quick question, and everyone's able to answer on how fair it would be...how broken would Heal Pulse be in the RP? Could Kiran start charging people to heal their Pokemon on the go? (Not that he would) Could he negate many payments to the Pokemon Center by healing his others with his Gothita? Or is the move only really usable in battle? Or should we just nix this mostly useless skill in the actual games to keep it balanced for the RP's sake.

I don't know but that would be freaking sweet if we could just heal up that way. Friends don't have to pay for healing services if they help provide potions and elixirs for Gothita, right? Just asking for an OC......

I think it is logical. Probably most trainer even has party formation that consist of tanker, damage dealer, ranged attacker and suppprter like those in the RPG games. Because, well, the wilderness is such a dangerous place.

EDIT: Oh, and there is no porygon girl, but porygon boy :p

@Occidentali's Karma Yeah, you got everything as far as I know (There's also a big Seismitoad Houndoom Houndour joint battle thing going on too, though most people are running away from that mess)

I just had a quick question, and everyone's able to answer on how fair it would be...how broken would Heal Pulse be in the RP? Could Kiran start charging people to heal their Pokemon on the go? (Not that he would) Could he negate many payments to the Pokemon Center by healing his others with his Gothita? Or is the move only really usable in battle? Or should we just nix this mostly useless skill in the actual games to keep it balanced for the RP's sake.

Yes it would work, but it wouldn't leave his Gothita unaffected. Using it would tire her out, and depending on the size and injuries of whomever she is healing, it could severely drain her stamina. So in theory she could heal others, but only in minor amounts , with the more her doing it, the more she gets weakened. As she grows stronger healing will become easier, but it will always be her draining her own stamina to heal another. And Heal Pulse doesn't work on one's self, and if it did, it would then be extremely overpowered. And as for moves like Recover and Roost, they would heal HP, but not stamina. So say they were getting exhausted and their movements were slowed. Their health would rise, letting them be able to take more hits, but wouldn't affect the Pokemon's slowed down movements.

Also as a note to everyone, the forest is about 30-35 miles long, so no one should get through it until around 11 AM the next day, as an important note. Also, I have a gift for whomever gets to the exit first. >:D

YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!!

Also as a note to everyone, the forest is about 30-35 miles long, so no one should get through it until around 11 AM the next day, as an important note. Also, I have a gift for whomever gets to the exit first. >:D

YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!!

Oh crap we're spending the night in that thing.

Yes it would work, but it wouldn't leave his Gothita unaffected. Using it would tire her out, and depending on the size and injuries of whomever she is healing, it could severely drain her stamina. So in theory she could heal others, but only in minor amounts , with the more her doing it, the more she gets weakened. As she grows stronger healing will become easier, but it will always be her draining her own stamina to heal another. And Heal Pulse doesn't work on one's self, and if it did, it would then be extremely overpowered. And as for moves like Recover and Roost, they would heal HP, but not stamina. So say they were getting exhausted and their movements were slowed. Their health would rise, letting them be able to take more hits, but wouldn't affect the Pokemon's slowed down movements.
Yeah that's what I thought. So does stamina basically = PP for this Roleplay? Seems like that would work.

I don't know but that would be freaking sweet if we could just heal up that way. Friends don't have to pay for healing services if they help provide potions and elixirs for Gothita, right? Just asking for an OC......
I'm sure Kiran won't mind :p

Also as a note to everyone, the forest is about 30-35 miles long, so no one should get through it until around 11 AM the next day, as an important note. Also, I have a gift for whomever gets to the exit first. :D
Sleepover and campfire stories ahoy! Who's got the marshmallows?
I've actually had a spooky happening planned for a bit now...Glad I can still use it >:D

@BurbleBurble Sorry to disturb you but since everyone seems to be having issues with notifications for some reason so I thought I'd just @ you to let you know you're up. Where do you want to proceed with this since it's just the two of us in our scene at the moment.

@BurbleBurble Sorry to disturb you but since everyone seems to be having issues with notifications for some reason so I thought I'd just @ you to let you know you're up. Where do you want to proceed with this since it's just the two of us in our scene at the moment.
Man I'm really sorry. I'm aware of it School's been keeping me busy but I'll try to get something up soon. Sorry for the hold up :'|

I posted something to keep things going :) Hopefully, Shade and Pyros make it out okay XD As well as the rest of your characters. Because of the direct involvement of my characters hurting a large portion of the pack, the leader will be punishing and judging them harshly. The leader wouldn't ignore the rest of your characters, and would treat them with disdain.

Hmmm, Claire won't really be interested in a near-suicidal attempt at fleeing, since the chances of a human outrunning a Houndoom on foot are, to put it nicely, 'A Non-zero Percentage'. Plus with the whole not trusting humans thing, and the fact that their hunt failed, I really can't see them ignoring someone who tries to run >~>

Edit:
And the thought just occurred to me but with the notion of needing to form gangs still hanging around, would we have a signature Pokemon? or Type? With most of our characters here, the majority could acquire a member of the Houndoom-Houndour line and that could act as the signature Pokemon.

I agree with the gang thing. Also, this Houndoom leader used to be with a trainer, but is also trying to help save its pack and wouldn't spend his energy chasing someone down when he could be helping his pack members and protect them if they ever get into trouble, since there are way too many humans around to be worrying about one human running away. That's pretty dumb XD

I agree with the gang thing. Also, this Houndoom leader used to be with a trainer, but is also trying to help save its pack and wouldn't spend his energy chasing someone down when he could be helping his pack members and protect them if they ever get into trouble, since there are way too many humans around to be worrying about one human running away. That's pretty dumb XD
But it is still hungry, and by all means, a lone human running on foot is practically screaming easy meal. It doesn't have to be thinking logically, fueled by its rage it could lash out at anything that could be seen as provocative.

Why yes, but he knows that humans can be just as dangerous. I mean, there's about 4 or 5 other humans, and if they wanted to, they can destroy the entire pack since they are all very weakened. If he ran off to get this one human, he could end up losing his entire pack, no matter how provocative looking and tasty he might be.

Although, I do see your point, but it's a risk he's not willing to take right about now. He cares way too much for his pack to leave them with 4 or 5 humans, who could decimate them all, or leave them for dead while that Seismitoad is still running about, enraged.

Why yes, but he knows that humans can be just as dangerous. I mean, there's about 4 or 5 other humans, and if they wanted to, they can destroy the entire pack since they are all very weakened. If he ran off to get this one human, he could end up losing his entire pack, no matter how provocative looking and tasty he might be.

Although, I do see your point, but it's a risk he's not willing to take right about now. He cares way too much for his pack to leave them with 4 or 5 humans, who could decimate them all, or leave them for dead while that Seismitoad is still running about, enraged.
This Houndoom is extremely rational and practices quite a fair degree of caution :D
Though that I guess that's something natural, predators do prefer to give up the hunt than risk gaining injury.

And the thought just occurred to me but with the notion of needing to form gangs still hanging around, would we have a signature Pokemon? or Type? With most of our characters here, the majority could acquire a member of the Houndoom-Houndour line and that could act as the signature Pokemon.

While this seems like a unique cool idea, I have a few minor problems with it. (Well with using Houndour as a gang Pokemon specifically).
So there are members who woudn’t be able to join, because of not being involved with the event. Secondly I feel if us humans started catching his pack, he would kinda come at us. And not as a battle, but aiming for the throat.

Also a a note, gym leaders have access to your trainer file, while you don’t have much info on them. So they would hav access to all Pokemon you have, so some people, like Jezebel and Pyros would have two fire types (When and if his fletching evolves), giving said gym leader and advanatge is they each have a Houndour.

Anyways who was planning on capturing a Houndour. That was part of the reason Felix stayed behind. I was planning for the runt (the whiny one who is beside Felix) to get disgraced for his cowardice during the fight, and he begins to follow Felix. I was planning on him to kinda go against the entire Houndour/Houndour stereotype and be extremely wimpy and nice. But I can do without if we have a bunch of people who try and capture some Houndour (as then he would be less likely to be disgraced).

While this seems like a unique cool idea, I have a few minor problems with it. (Well with using Houndour as a gang Pokemon specifically).
So there are members who woudn’t be able to join, because of not being involved with the event. Secondly I feel if us humans started catching his pack, he would kinda come at us. And not as a battle, but aiming for the throat.

Also a a note, gym leaders have access to your trainer file, while you don’t have much info on them. So they would hav access to all Pokemon you have, so some people, like Jezebel and Pyros would have two fire types (When and if his fletching evolves), giving said gym leader and advanatge is they each have a Houndour.

Anyways who was planning on capturing a Houndour. That was part of the reason Felix stayed behind. I was planning for the runt (the whiny one who is beside Felix) to get disgraced for his cowardice during the fight, and he begins to follow Felix. I was planning on him to kinda go against the entire Houndour/Houndour stereotype and be extremely wimpy and nice. But I can do without if we have a bunch of people who try and capture some Houndour (as then he would be less likely to be disgraced).

OH that's some rather useful information. Though I did take into account that not everyone would get or want a houndoom-houndour.(cuz I don't xD) So that's why I gave the alternative of type, we can debate what type of we go through with it.

Yeah my notifications for the RP are broken (though I double-checked and it still says I'm watching the thread? idk). But I am really busy now though, trying to fill in as many scholarships as possible before the semester starts, so yeah. I probably won't be online as often.

Anyways, quick question: how are you planning to use the pitfall trap? Like, after Myrna falls in? I mean, I think I know your plan, but I just want to double-check that we're on the same page.

Yeah my notifications for the RP are broken (though I double-checked and it still says I'm watching the thread? idk). But I am really busy now though, trying to fill in as many scholarships as possible before the semester starts, so yeah. I probably won't be online as often.

Anyways, quick question: how are you planning to use the pitfall trap? Like, after Myrna falls in? I mean, I think I know your plan, but I just want to double-check that we're on the same page.

I was kinda going for "whatever happens, happens," but Matt's plan was to have Myrna suddenly disappear so rapidly from her clingy ghost captors that they would be lost on what to do. With weakened pokemon and limited options, he went for an Onix hole in the ground. Plus, with night basically upon the forest, hiding underground until morning seems preferable to running around with nocturnal predators.

Hey guys, I suffered from the "Notification Bug" too a while back. Here's where it comes from- if you check your alerts but do not click or end up on the page, the system will not ping you again when another post is made. So if someone posts, you pretty much have to check, or it won't ping you again until you check it out. So as long as you keep clicking your alerts and then check out the thread, you will still get alerts. I believe so anyways- I never suffered from the notification "bug" for this RP and I've always checked the thread(s), but have before when I was in an RP with split up groups, just like this one, so when I didn't check out one notification I'd miss everything after it. I hope this clears things up for y'all, and if things are still not working...I don't know what to tell you :p

Both Pyros and Shade are wanting one.

If that's the case, then I'll probably have Felix not get one, as three missing from the pack would cause anger. I see two missing as being a minor thing and three being, that humans kidnapped them. Besides, Felix has two already, his unnamed Shuppet (Felix needs to find time to name her) and Volt, while the siblings have one each.

I'll wait for another member of the Houndour/Houndoom people to respond before posting (unless nothing gets up in a few days) before pushing us ahead a bit. I'm planning on trying to let them have some distance from the pack after helping and find somewhere to sleep, while taking shifts, (if we all decided to group up, even if it is for the night which seems logical for them right now).

Yea, it would seem logical. Although, now I'm thinking that only Pyros would have one, as the male Houndour will remember Shade fondly, but won't join. So only Pyros. Plus, easier to deal with problems that arise later due to two of them having the same Pokemon.

Is there anything that prevents trainer from just transferring their money to their mirai native friends and then take some cash from them?

The item and Pokemon transfer doesn't exist and there is often many people on the job to prevent this. In a sense, Mirai is isolated, in where trainers can't really connect with any other living people, who aren't in the region, except by phone call. Video Calls are inaccessible to trainer. And for short ranger transfers, the PC Boxes are located with a separate system from other regions, and again, item storage and transfer doesn't exist, so it's not really possible to send someone money.

@Pokemon Fanfiction Novels I'm a little confused by the Onix Security Den. Is it an actual Secret Base that they're all going to spend the night in? I thought you meant that you used Onix to dig a simple pitfall trap the same way that he might make a Secret Base. I was imagining that she was just in an average pitfall hole trap the entire time, and that the boys were above her on normal ground, not inside the hole with her.

Matt's basically a junior Pokemon Ranger. He carries a staff everywhere and is traveling with Myrna.
Sven's a rich boy without riches. He relies heavily upon Matt for survival, and is traveling with Myrna.

I'm good to go. If anything, I might have posted briefly about Matt and Sven teaching Myrna basic type advantage logic (WHY isn't Electric super-effective against Steel?!) and then exchanging backstories. But that can easily be implied in a next-day post anyway.