• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed The Merciless Mirai Region Disscussion

Alright. To be frank, I can't think of a way to team Matt and Sven with Claire without it looking somewhat like stalker behavior, considering what just happened. We'll need an excuse of some kind, if we're still going for that.

Out of curiosity, is carbon monoxide poisoning still lethal if you're underground? I know smoke rises, which is why they told me to crawl out of burning houses in kindergarten, but is there an undercurrent that gets you over time?
Also, I time-shifted forward. It's sometime after 6:40 AM. It'll be light very soon.

It's not always lethal when underground but it can be, there's a chance that the fire will burn up all the oxygen available to you until you suffocate.

As for the time shift, the time before wasn't really...established. It'd been near Midnight when the Volcarona set the forest on fire and that was quite a while before Claire set the forest on fire (for the third time), so the time shift would've moved us at most 4 hours ahead or so? And a forest fire can last far longer than that.

As for the Mirai region, I plan to complete it, as it is my goal.
Alright. I didn't want to have to be that guy, but I'm going to be that guy.

I waited a month for one night to pass in this RP. Looking back at the 3rd page, it's pretty indicative why. Our joiners would post something, then go three or four days without posting again, then five, then six. Any interdependent group couldn't really move forward, for fear of leaving someone behind, and so the roleplay stagnated. Sorry, but without good pacing, an RP dies a slow death, just like ALL the others. I know none of us started out wanting that outcome, but if we cannot resolve to set aside ten minutes each day contributing to what we judged was a worthy story . . . we reap what we sow.

At least for me, it's decision time. I still have the will to come back each day, keep the journey going, and damn the writer's block and the law of diminishing returns. Mirai was a smart and creative concept with much still to offer. But I can only do this if other joiners commit to the same amount of discipline. Otherwise, I will drop out and have done with it. In 24 hours, I will check this thread again, and see if anyone else was willing to post daily and keep a maintained momentum.

The ball's in your court, guys.

Well I think daily might not exactly work for me, I have to buckle down and kick into exam mode for regional exams pretty soon, but I can resolve myself to get a post up semi-frequently, at the most 3 days wait.

I can definitely try to post daily. Keyword try, because I will have days where I'm busy. As long as there is something to respond to, I will definitely do my best to respond as soon as possible.

I will also try to put up a post daily, but it gets difficult with a job and massive amounts of college homework (some of which I'm behind on). I will still try to post, but it will be inconsistent and ranging between frequent to infrequent at best.

Gah darn it I missed Kyuukestu's character no wait come back ;-;

I've got exams coming up, but now that I'm online long enough to inform others of my absence and maybe drop a post, I might as well put forth a question. I wouldn't mind posting now to revive the thread, but travelling solo, I imagine that post time-skip she'd be relatively close to the exit anyway. I've got nothing further to do in the forest (I mean, I could encounter pokemon? I don't know) and posting without any content, even if to keep the thread going, doesn't really appeal to me. I imagine my next post would have to be me exiting the forest (it should be around a 10 hour trek from one end to the other, right? I think she should've fulfilled that in a while) and I admit I'm interested in the reward Ry mentioned a while back *-*

Gah darn it I missed Kyuukestu's character no wait come back ;-;

I've got exams coming up, but now that I'm online long enough to inform others of my absence and maybe drop a post, I might as well put forth a question. I wouldn't mind posting now to revive the thread, but travelling solo, I imagine that post time-skip she'd be relatively close to the exit anyway. I've got nothing further to do in the forest (I mean, I could encounter pokemon? I don't know) and posting without any content, even if to keep the thread going, doesn't really appeal to me. I imagine my next post would have to be me exiting the forest (it should be around a 10 hour trek from one end to the other, right? I think she should've fulfilled that in a while) and I admit I'm interested in the reward Ry mentioned a while back *-*
Hahaha xD
Not really sure what Ry has in mind for this reward, but considering the antagonistic nature I feel this entire region has, I'd definitely expect your reward to be bandits lurking around the forest exit, ready to ambush weary travelers. Of course, their stash of loot would be a nice reward after you've battled and beaten all of them.

Last edited:
Well, I've seen the writing on the wall, in both the figurative and literal senses. Sorry, but I don't have reason to share your hope. I'm out. If anyone here becomes passionate about a new RP, and does resolve to committing a post every day, I'll be more than happy to assist you to the end.

I have a question. The prefix says “Private/Closed”. Does this mean it is private, or it is closed? I am asking because i would like to join this RP.

Private/Closed means it is either private or closed, meaning that no one can enter and join in because it is only with preset people (private) or it is open to no one because of some circumstance (closed). They basically just mean the same thing in general: It is closed to further participants who want to join in. Although, since we had some people drop out, I have no idea what Ry is going to do, since he is the leader of the RP. We'll just have to wait for him to reply.