• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed The Merciless Mirai Region Disscussion

I'm gonna admit that I thought Myrna was talking to Kiran :p

Anyways, I'll get a post up sooner or later. Get things dealt with...Maybe have some chatter, have Kiran make some acquaintances.

Wait what? She was talking to Kiran at the end of my post. She just nodded her head 'no' to Matt as she was walking into the Pokemon Center. Now I'm confused.

Well considering there was just a frantic mess outside of the PokeMart with two trainer leaving it afterwards and heading into an alley, might be reasoning to confront them. Or simply see them and ask for directions.

And @Melody-Jez, I suspected this, hence why I chose an alleyway. ;)

@Pokemon Fanfiction Novels Hey I'm not trying to be rude or anything, I'm just curious: is Sven going to be a big part of the RP? He doesn't have a character sheet or anything, and so I thought he was just going to be a one-off character that explains how Matt got to Mirai. Like I just kind of assumed that he was going to be mugged or something in the first town or that since Matt couldn't find him, the guide was just going to continue through Mirai on his own. I don't know. I just kind of mentally killed him off when I read your first post and so when I read your response it was like a slap to the face. Are you going to do something to where you're writing all from Matt's perspective, and so Sven is just a side character that's going to be there, but won't have his thoughts written out? I just want to know whether Sven is going to be a relevant character in the RP or not.

Yeesh, I didn't mean to mentally slap ya in the face there, Karma. Consider Sven an NPC. To me, he's sort of Matt's macguffin- he gets himself lost, or into trouble, or something else, and basically keeps Matt on his toes. He'll be around for the journey until further notice, but pretty much anyone's free to use him for plot purposes.

Yeesh, I didn't mean to mentally slap ya in the face there, Karma. Consider Sven an NPC. To me, he's sort of Matt's macguffin- he gets himself lost, or into trouble, or something else, and basically keeps Matt on his toes. He'll be around for the journey until further notice, but pretty much anyone's free to use him for plot purposes.

Okay thanks. I'll keep that in mind. I'm sorry I was just thrown off and had a whole thought process of "who is Sven? Isn't his OC Matt? Wait, is Sven the guy he was looking for? I thought that guy was gonna die! But he's breathing! This is such a plot twist!" Thank you for explaining though!

Yep, it was indeed Myrna!

Kk cool.

Also, don't quote me with this, because I'm no math wiz, but I think you got your PokeYen count wrong. If Pokeballs are 200 each and Potions are 300 each, that comes to about 1000 total. And then, if you double that, as per rule in Mirai, and subtract it from the 2500 you have left from getting your license, that should only leave you with about 500. Seriously, the economy here must suck because there is SO much money lost in that price doubling. Mirai is in desperate need of a Thrifty Megamart with daily discount coupons (would only bring things back to normal price, but still).

Also, don't quote me with this, because I'm no math wiz, but I think you got your PokeYen count wrong. If Pokeballs are 200 each and Potions are 300 each, that comes to about 1000 total. And then, if you double that, as per rule in Mirai, and subtract it from the 2500 you have left from getting your license, that should only leave you with about 500. Seriously, the economy here must suck because there is SO much money lost in that price doubling. Mirai is in desperate need of a Thrifty Megamart with daily discount coupons (would only bring things back to normal price, but still).
Oh crap, your right! I thought the total was 1400 for some reason...Only added in one Potion :p

Also yeah, the economy must be in shambles. I actually considered a plot point in which Medicall Industries tries to sell Mirai some cheaper products so they can lower the price a bit, but never ran it past Ry so for now that's not happening.

Hopefully your still accepting :) If not I'll delete this

Full Name: Eddie (Teddy) Drago
Appearance: 6"8, fair skinned, and a slim lad. Brown, medium length, curly hair, wears a white cap, with a black polo top with the top button undone, black jeans, white trainers, a white backpack, and a white wristwatch on his left wrist
Personality: He's a laid back lighthearted guy, who likes to crack jokes and be sarcastic. He is an independent individual but can enjoy the company of others as well. Whenever he gets into a bad or awkward situation the only way he knows how to deal with it is making jokes and taking the mick out of others. However, he feels tormented by his older brother's success and he gets pretty infuriated by anyone that compares him to his brother.
Backstory: He grew up in Accumula Town in Unova. His brother, Conner Drago, was a well-known trainer that challenged the Unova league quite a few years ago. He ended up as a runner-up and lost against Black in the final. However, despite losing, he still returned to Accumula Town a legend. His ego was overfed by everyone around him. Years after that Eddie was born and grew up with his brother being tainted by his "fame". Conner thinking that he is the greatest (ironically) started to tease Eddie because he hadn't done anything to his standards. Eddie would win small Pokemon catching competitions at school and such, but would always get shut down by his older brother. Many years later, after the standards of Pokemon trainers became so much higher. Eddie's older brother never changed and continued to taunt and torment him, even more so since it was, even more, harder to challenge the league. Eddie at this age of 17 and managing to get his trainer license finally. He received a Tepig from his parents as congratulations. Then a week after that, when Conner was mouthing off again about his glory days and reminding Eddie that he would never achieve anything, Eddie snapped. Eddie stood up and yelled in his brother's face. "You are not a great trainer! Black is a great trainer! I bet I could even surpass you!" Conner chuckled and leaned closer to Eddie. "How are you going to do that?!" Eddie paused as he thought of a good response. "I'll go challenge the league in Mirai!" He yelled.
Pokemon Partner: Smoky the Tepig
Region of Birth: Unova
Likes: sandwiches, music, playing drums, trying new things
Dislikes: being talked down to, liars, backstabbers, boring people, cheesy situations
RP Example: (I haven't RP'd in a while so I just had to grab one I had back when I did)
Ichiro sharply turned his head as he heard something crash in the ruined Pokemart nearby. He gulped and picked up his backpack and slowly approached the building whilst crouching. He entered a bush and used it as cover as he looked inside to see if it was any humans. Ichiro opened his mouth slightly as he was surprised to see two differently coloured Pokemon, a Shinx and a Litleo.

It was a pleasant sight to see such happiness and childhood innocence, yet to see how oblivious they are to the world. He had a mixture of emotions as he smirked at the heartwarming sight. He reached into his bag and quietly pulled out two berries which he intended to eat later. Ichiro decided that they probably need it more than he does. He reached through a crack in the wall with the berries and placed it on one of the shelves for one of them to find it. He then quietly got out of the bush and sighed.

He then decided to move south to continue his search for anywhere scavenge-able. He held his mechanical hand as the stiffness of one his fingers started to become irritating. "I need to find some oil or something before I lose my mind from this annoying glitch," He thought to himself. He looked up to see that it was just past noon.

@Gpig5, well as a quick note, Black challenged his League roughly 22 years ago, so maybe your brother would have lost to someone else. Other than that note, accepted.

Last edited:
Sounds fun (' v ')

Full Name: Dylan Gyung-Hoon Sage
Appearance: Dylan has slightly tan skin, icy blue eyes with speckles of bright emerald, and a medium build, standing at 5'9. He has jet black hair neatly slicked to the left and has a pair of rectangular glasses. His apparel of choice is usually a pitch black suit, black slacks, shined black loafers, and a black tie with silver stripes.
Personality: Dylan has a bit of a mischievous personality with mixed emotions, making it hard to predict how he's feeling at the time. Of course, he does know when to be serious, but usually, he will have quite a laid back nature.
Backstory: Both his parents were fine trainers of their era, and they taught everything they could to their child at the young age of 12 in the art of Pokemon battling in hopes of him accomplishing what they both couldn't: earn the rank of Champion. The new restriction only spurred on Dylan's parents to train him harder with the extended "time" they had been given (they planned to send Dylan out into the Mirai Region at the age of 20).
Pokemon Partner: Croagunk-M (Bruce); Ability: Poison Touch
Region of Birth: Veilstone City, Sinnoh
Likes: Spending time with his Pokemon, playing the piano, and the outdoors
Dislikes: Heat, eggplant, and arrogant trainers
Dylan Sage,
It is my great pleasure to announce that you have been one of few to be accepted to the prestigious Luvendale Academy, a university dedicated to teaching only the world's
best Pokemon Coordinators. Upon entering the campus, please make your way towards the main building, where you will receive your schedule, list of clubs you may be interested in joining, and more. All of the necessary documents will be handed to you upon entry in a manila envelope. Have fun, and once again, welcome to Luvendale!

Best wishes,
Headmaster Devan Sanders

Dylan grinned as he folded up the letter and placed it into his back pack before slinging it over his shoulder. He looked up and saw the large auditorium with LUVENDALE ACADEMY printed in bold letters on the front. Dylan opened one of the large double doors and stepped inside, finding an empty seat near the middle of the auditorium and sitting down. He ran a hand through his hair, smoothing the sleek black strands that had gone elsewhere. Dylan checked his watch and saw that the time was 9:47, which meant that the orientation would be starting in approximately 13 minutes. He grinned once more and leaned back in his cushioned seat, thinking, Well, it's showtime.

Here we go.

Full Name:
Eleanor Ainsworth
Appearance: Eleanor is stands at 5’ 8” tall, a slender young woman. She wears her hip-length black hair in a single braided ponytail tied off at the end by a red ribbon. She usually wears a pair of glasses over her hazel eyes. She dons a beige-maroon top with an open v-neck that’s connected together by crossed strings much like one would find on a shoelace as well as a brown collar and short sleeves that end in a thick brown cuff. This top is worn over a black t-shirt. Around her waist is a belt worn diagonally with two rectangular pouches on either hip. Below the belt, she wears a pair of relatively tight-looking black pants and brown boots.

Personality: Eleanor is generally the type of person who always dons a stern persona which comes off in a no-nonsense and straight to the point demeanor. However, she is actually a surprisingly childish woman who’s wonder can be caught in a laughably easy fashion and can be quite a tease when the mask is torn away. Most strangers who interact with her will never see that more bubbly side of her, though. Despite the relatively easy to please attitude, she is able to remain quite calm and rational under pressure.

Backstory: As far as she had always known, Eleanor had always been interested in medicine. If she had a prime passion, that would definitely be it. Even though she had been born to a poor family from Lacunosa Town...no, perhaps because she had been born to a poor family, she revered and constantly reached for that dream. Even as she began put herself through college, she made certain that her means of acquiring money involved the field as well. She had jumped quite quickly upon an opportunity for pharmacological research at her university in Driftveil City.

During Eleanor’s third year of college, her supervisor came to her with a proposal for a research expedition to other regions. The paper she would write would be one where she was put as a first author if she could figure out how to--well, the details of the research are not too important. It was just something that would lead to the ability to synthesize a new drug that could help people in end-stages of certain diseases. Needless to say it was an opportunity she refused to pass up. There was even a chance to finally let that trainer license she had acquired a couple of years prior not go to waste as the first expedition was to a region known as Mirai with a league she could participate in.

With her Petilil and a fraction of the grant money that was allowed for her in the region in tow, she made her way towards the next ship to Mirai.

Pokemon Partner: Lilith (Petilil)--Ability: Own Tempo
Region of Birth: Lacunosa Town, Unova
Likes: The great outdoors, Medicine, staring out into the world, rain, sweet foods
Dislikes: People who waste food, Liars, People who take advantage of others, and Lazy people
RP Example:
“That was a wonderful meal~” Eleanor closed the door behind her before kicking off her boots and laying back on the bed, stretching all of her limbs out as far as she could. Having finally felt all of the tightness in her muscles fade away, the woman let her limbs fall back on her bed before picking up the Pokeball she left in her hip pouch.

“It’s amazing how much expensive food and wine you can get off this cruise, don’t you think Lilith?” Eleanor pressed the button on the ball and flicked her wrist upward, to let the Pokemon in its ball out and onto her belly. She wrapped her hands beneath its two arm-like stubs and picked it up above her head. “Though, honestly, I wish Professor Haus had just pushed the extra grant money into my salary instead of paying for some fancy ship.”

“Lul?” The Petilil tilted its head in confusion.

“You’re right, I probably shouldn’t be complaining about that, in the end. Both options are pretty shifty, either way.” Eleanor sighed as she put the Petilil down on her navel again. There was no way she could actually know what the Petilil was actually trying to say and more likely than not, her interpretation was wrong. Whatever the case was, it was best to give up this entire train of thought since she was too tired at this point.

“Well, let’s get some sleep, Lilith. Tomorrow’s going to be a long day.”

@OmnipotentOnion, considering you mentioned how the parents had lost the challenge, they would have probably lost their licenses (assuming they lost two gym battles each along the way, which does happen frequently. Correct me, if they didn't). So my question is did they regain their licence after the 10 year renewal time, or train there son, along the illegal side of the law without a license? However, moving on from that, accepted.

@Ashen Miko, since you are new, I would recommend you check out the rules of this site to make sure you are familiar with them. That's not because caught something in the bio, it was a solid bio, and I thought it would be neighborly to let you know. :) Anyways, accepted.

Betting, stealing, and of course in gym battles. Winning a gym battle can get you a lot of money. However it isn't very likely and a solid way so many people stick to the first two options.

But I see some problem. If batting and stealing is the prime mean of getting money. Then there will be a huge amount of people that will lost all their money right off the bat. Since the money will end up in the pokecenter and pokemart, the amount of money circulating between players will become less and less, this will force the remaining very few players to either become criminals or just goddamn good that they never lose.

I honestly don't see this being an issue. In the official games, if you sleep in a bed, it heals your team as easily as a machine, only a lot more time has elapsed. Pokemon, unlike normal animals, are highly regenerative, it would seem.

Since we're somewhat early into things, you could simply put your character upon arrival to the region and registering. And then of course set off onto whatever piece of plot suited your fancy. Pretty much I don't expect everyone to be in one big group by the time we enter the forest, and I'm kinda hoping for smaller groups, considering the number of people we currently have.

Probably the pokemon can go foraging too. But I think a bunch of malnourished cashless champion-wannabe begging for money will scare tourist away.
Maybe Mirai gives out food vouchers :p
this will force the remaining very few players to either become criminals or just goddamn good that they never lose.
I think that's the point though. You gotta be good to be here and stay here. Obviously a large chunk of trainers drop after the first gym (Not being good enough to get past Gym 1) so Gym Battling is a must to keep going.

@Pokemon Fanfiction Novels, that may be from minor scuffles and small injuries, as the Pokemon Games try to make all of it small scuffles and minor injuries that are easy to heal as the game is marketed for 10 year olds. In the Mirai region, and more realistically, damage would be more intense and taking a nap wouldn't necessarily heal your team. So Pokemon don't actually faint, but are simply defeated, and saying they are unable to battle is a more humane way to end battles. But in the Mirai wild, injuries can be life threatening, as Pokemon there wouldn't be playing fair, and be trying to kill. And in trainer battles, many trainers would rather cripple their opponent's team giving them an advantage. I created this RP on the idea that a Pokemon would be along the lines of a human, with healing, as in it would be a slow heal from major things like broken bones, and rest could recover stamina, and concepts like resting in Bed, where simply childish mechanics that would't really work. Pokemon Centers exist to deal with these injuries like over exertion, wounds, and broken bones much more efficiently, making it something very important to a trainer, but if a trainer was cautious, could live without.

And as for the food vouchers, there are many soup kitchens and boats in later towns that allow free ferry to other regions. But Mirai only produces food vouchers to Mirai born citizens, so many people either go hungry or die, or finds way to leave the region. The alternative is to try and survive with no money, which s very hard, but easier when you turn to crime. When you stay the night in the Center you are supplied with a complimentary dinner and breakfast, making it easier for trainers who have made headway and collected some badges.

@Ry_Burst Just wanted to verify something real quick: I remember that in the original RP we were both in, it was difficult to get from the first town into the forest because at the route entrance there were gangs that would attack new inexperienced trainers to steal their money and pokemon. Are we planning to do that here?

I was thinking that would get too much attention from the police and would would be something trainers could work to avoid. So I'm planning to have a gang set up at the end of the forest to attack the people who exit the forest while they're weaker.

I was thinking that would get too much attention from the police and would would be something trainers could work to avoid. So I'm planning to have a gang set up at the end of the forest to attack the people who exit the forest while they're weaker.

Coolio. I only ask because ways to get past them were one of the first things I thought about after I signed up. I already have a plan (actually, two plans) and the company that Myrna's with works perfectly for it. òwó

And as for the food vouchers, there are many soup kitchens and boats in later towns that allow free ferry to other regions. But Mirai only produces food vouchers to Mirai born citizens, so many people either go hungry or die, or finds way to leave the region. The alternative is to try and survive with no money, which s very hard, but easier when you turn to crime. When you stay the night in the Center you are supplied with a complimentary dinner and breakfast, making it easier for trainers who have made headway and collected some badges.
So if I got this right, we'll be scrounging for food if we don't want to spend our hard earned cash until a bit later? I mean, it's not like I dislike the idea of us hunting with wooden spears Lord of the Flies style, but it is a little...dissonant for the RP? I get it's supposed to be "making the best out of the worst situation", but still.

Now I just feel mean, I'm going to stop pushing the envelope :p

See, this is why Matt was geared up for the apocalypse. It's also why I chose a 9-meter-long, 500 pound rock snake as a cornerstone pokemon. If the RP's going for realism, any water-types that hit this monster had better have waterjet cutter powers.

So if I got this right, we'll be scrounging for food if we don't want to spend our hard earned cash until a bit later? I mean, it's not like I dislike the idea of us hunting with wooden spears Lord of the Flies style, but it is a little...dissonant for the RP? I get it's supposed to be "making the best out of the worst situation", but still.

Now I just feel mean, I'm going to stop pushing the envelope :p

Somethings like berries can be found easily in the Lost Souls Forest, if that's something. To me, it helps support the realism that is kinda making this RP different from most Pokemon RPs. The idea that OCs always seem to have a food source is somewhat overly used and a bit annoying in my opinion, and with this RP the more real we make it, (aside from the basic facts of how we have magical monsters fighting of course), the more I see it actually fitting to the idea of the RP and the whole set up for the Mirai region as a whole.

Another quick question: are we allowed basic survival equipment? I thought we weren't allowed anything accept our Pokemon, trainer card, license, money, a Pokedex (if we have one), and the clothes off our backs.