• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed The Merciless Mirai Region Disscussion

I don't want to join the RP, I just wanted to say that the name "Mirai" was good, since this RP takes place in the future XD.

Well, I couldn't decide on whether to make a new character or not, since I didn't really want to write up something new for the RP Example... But I ended up doing it anyways orz.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Name: Claire Argentia Senica De Lune| in Short; Claire De Lune
Height: 5”4

Physical Appearance: Claire has milky chocolate brown skin as she hails from Alola, though her hair carries an odd steel-grey color that shimmers like silver in the sunlight, her eyes are the crimson red of a Midnight Lycanroc’s. Standing at 5”4 she considers her ‘just tall enough to deliver a backhand to the face, and just short enough to hit below the belt.’ Years of training CQC (Close Quarters Combat) have toned her body and given her a near enviable figure, only accentuated by her exotic hair and eyes.

Claire sports a greyish-silver tank top which fits tightly around her body, it meets seamlessly with an Asymmetrical, jet-black skirt that has two side-cuts running through the shorter end. Around her waist lies an arsenic-to-black faded sash which is patterned with leopard print. It wraps smoothly around her and ends in a small bow with two flourished ends. Around her neck, she wears a rather eye-catching storm-cloud-colored cat fur collar, with a lighter timber-wolf shade locket attached to it.

Personality: Claire is rather passionate about what she does, battling in all her glory, and absolutely indifferent to everything troublesome. Anything that falls between those two extremes gets a reaction entirely dependent on her mood. Claire is a thrill seeker, finding the greatest pleasures in battle in the most precarious of ways and environments alongside her Pokemon. Despite her sometimes impulsive behavior Claire certainly is not overly rash and abrasive, and on contrary can be quite easily befriended. Often aloof, she frequently 'breaks character' when she finds something or someone who catches her interest. Eyes smote with curiosity betraying her seemingly prideful disposition, in some ways Claire can be described as cat-like.

Backstory: Her parents, being grunts of an underground criminal syndicate met and married within its confines. As a result, Claire was born and bred a little on the wild side. From a young age, she was put through a variety of training methods as the higher-ups saw her as nothing more than a ‘moldable tool’. Due to her childhood, she feels no loyalty or inclination towards 'organizations' on a whole, feeling that creating individual bonds is far more important. Her willingness to enter dangerous terrains for no other reason than ‘fun’ has made her an excellent scout and explorer, which led to her position in the scouting division. Since the collapse of the order, she's since then gone exploring in quite a few regions and is disinclined to settle down anytime soon. Like many other trainers, the fame of the supposedly difficult Mirai region has resounded like thunder in her ears, and after some deliberation, she's packed her bags and set off.

Partner Pokemon: Lisote (Mareep: Female) | Ability: Static

Home Region: Alola, Seafolk Village

Dislikes: Being restrained, Caramel candies, Excessive Caution

RP Example: Exploration of the Froena Region
-------------------------------------------------------
'I've never really understood those people that desired a 'fresh start' for each new region. What's the point of leaving all your Pokemon behind? Well, it couldn't hurt to try, right?'

Stepping off the boat and onto one of the piers of Kanto, Claire stood out like a sore thumb, or so she would've thought. Waves of people pressed down on her from all sides, she couldn't see a thing. The background music to her grand arrival was the cacophony of barely suppressed murmurs of her fellow passengers, she couldn't hear a thing- or, nothing of meaning anyways. Errant elbows jabbed into her torso and the procession of tourists, and otherwise, seemed to have unanimously decided that her feet would be first to witness their first steps into the Kanto region. That is to say, for every 5 people that stepped off the boat, at least 6 of them would step on her foot in the process. The human tide, rigidly adhered to motions of their oceanic archetype and deposited her much like the ocean would deposit a soggy log, which meant flat on her rump. Claire's crimson eyes, now bloodshot with apoplectic rage, begrudgingly stared back at the boat and the unceasing stream of people making their way onto dry land. Hmpf. Leaving behind a snort of contempt, and the rear-view of silver hair Claire stalked off down the streets of Vermillion City. Had she her full team of Pokemon she certainly would've rushed straight to the local gym and attempted to sweep through this region as quickly as possible. However, with only her Luxray by her side sweeping through Kanto would be naught but the dreams of the inane. A fire having already been lit in her being- surely not because of something petty like her slighted introduction to Kanto, she tossed 'helplessness' and 'disgruntlement' to be its kindle. Now ablaze with emotion, she thought back the questions she'd asked herself before and found them piddling. She smirked to herself, 'Challenging a region anew, your only companion your partner. Was there any better way to challenge yourself?'

@kyuukestu, accepted.

@Pretty Pichu, my only problem with this is that it wouldn't be this easy, as the police force does differ from simple Growlithes, considering they are often in charge of stripping trainers of their licence upon losing and releasing their Pokemon, so they carry very strong, pre-trained Pokemon, that vary from the standard Growlithe to better deal with strong rebellious trainers.

That is hands down the longest post I've ever seen, and I'm almost intimidated xD
I'll bet I beat it. I wrote something so long it had to be sealed behind a mystical lock. Heh, heh, heh.

Okay, back to subject: got a question for ya, Ry. Until now, I've not mentioned what pokemon Sven has. That's because I haven't thought about it. Would you like to arbitrarily pick something for him at random, or should I just make up my own mind? I'm trying to mix things up a little bit.

I'll bet I beat it. I wrote something so long it had to be sealed behind a mystical lock. Heh, heh, heh.

Okay, back to subject: got a question for ya, Ry. Until now, I've not mentioned what pokemon Sven has. That's because I haven't thought about it. Would you like to arbitrarily pick something for him at random, or should I just make up my own mind? I'm trying to mix things up a little bit.
I have to admit, I've seen longer ones from Pichu..............

Sure, I randomly pick one. Give me the number of them and I'll chose a random number.

Oh, Ry, I've been meaning to ask but it it absolutely necessary that you register in the first City? Or could registration be delayed... We were allowed to do the gyms in any order so trainers couldn't in fact 'skip' the whole newbie-destroying gym and go elsewhere >~>

Wait, if there the same strength then wont it get kinda easy over time? Dont get me wrong, I know its a not an easy region to get through but if we're supposed to beat this gym at the start and a gym almost the same strength once we're all far more powerful, how is it a challenge later?

Hey, Ry? Once again, I don't run the RP, but I think that we have a lot of characters and people in the RP right now. Don't you think it is a good idea to close down signups?

Wait, if there the same strength then wont it get kinda easy over time? Dont get me wrong, I know its a not an easy region to get through but if we're supposed to beat this gym at the start and a gym almost the same strength once we're all far more powerful, how is it a challenge later?
I think the idea is that they "snowball" in power. They begin hard for beginners, and keep being hard all the way through. They stay the general "same" power because they'll always feel one step ahead.

@BurbleBurble, to be perfectly honest, I've been thinking that for a while. kyuukestu showed intrest and said she was going to create a character sheet, so I was waiting for her before officially shutting down sign-ups. And after she made her sheet, I've been a bit busy (and if you look at my posting rate lately, it will agree) and so I've been trying to find time to shut things down and update everything.

@Mystic Zander, and you have to remember that battles will differ due to strategies. While their strengths are the relatively same, the later on you get into the gym challenge the more complicated and powerful the strategies. I see it as similar to competitive battling, where strategies and Pokemon choices become major roles in it.

@Mystic Zander, with that, instead of trade evolutions, (excluding Shelmet and Karablast) trading evolution requires some kind of moment for the Pokemon. Like maybe the Pokemon become depressed and once he gets over that, he evolves. And if they need an item, some trauma with the item, if that makes sense.

@BurbleBurble, to be perfectly honest, I've been thinking that for a while. kyuukestu showed intrest and said she was going to create a character sheet, so I was waiting for her before officially shutting down sign-ups. And after she made her sheet, I've been a bit busy (and if you look at my posting rate lately, it will agree) and so I've been trying to find time to shut things down and update everything.
I am, in fact male :T

@Spoiled Bread I was thinking more like Houndoom. Think about it, a city with stray cat and dog Pokemon with a forest of ghost types on the borders. A dark type dog would thrive and evolve in no time. And that's just a stray; probably a few trained ones in there to. I remember reading how Houndoom runs in packs.

I am, in fact male :T

In my defense, I was thinking about Wysteria while typing up that post. Not your character, but Wysteria’s character. (As I imagine most things you say on the CoDA Convo as Wysteria saying them as it’s almost more warrior that way and my brain just went on autopilot. I’ve had a lack of sleep TBH) Sorry. :(

In my defense, I was thinking about Wysteria while typing up that post. Not your character, but Wysteria’s character. (As I imagine most things you say on the CoDA Convo as Wysteria saying them as it’s almost more warrior that way and my brain just went on autopilot. I’ve had a lack of sleep TBH) Sorry. :(
Haha xD Well, no harm done, could've happened to the best of us.

Now, just one question. After reading the last few post I realized nothing was mentioned about how much PokeYen is won from a trainer battle. And seeing that Pokebattles are going to be our main source of income we really need some statement on this.

Though, if I just so happen to have missed it then I'd appreciate if you could just direct me to the post.

Pretty much, in summary, there is no rule that says, “if I win, I get money,” but many trainer either decide on prices ahead of time, or the winner bullies the loser and takes advanatge. As this isn’t a very solid way of getting money as people will take advantage and use brtte force, there is crime, which is what many stick to, and there is also winning badges, which give you access to a lot of free utilities and gives you a lot of money every time you win one.

I thought it was a mixture of both. But I think we should consider if the winnings from battle are set by the law or a bet agreed upon between trainers. Or both? Like a minimum fee by law for losing but you can gamble higher amounts?

Let's go for the drug money. Eleanor makes homebrew hard drugs and sells 'em for loads of cash, all under the nose of the law. Nobody will suspect a thing. :3

@Melody-Jez, the problem is, is that many trainers will ignore that and flee, whic then puts a lot of stress on the police. The Police simply don’t care about trainers and let trainers settle their own problems, turning a blind-eye to gangs and people who are playing rough to win. That and it allows trainers to train amoungest themselves without losing any money. Battling, in a lot of ways, is trainer based economics.

So what I gather from this is the subtle hinting that if we actually want to earn any money from trainer battles we need to form a gang to protect our own interests?

Although Gym badges grant money and access to free services I doubt that badges mean you can get freebies from the Pokemart. Furthermore, I can already envision all the 'tolls' and 'fees' we'll have to pay just to get into certain cities. Not to mention bandits, or more police coercion >~>

A gang sounds good :3 And safe. You have me and Felix to steal until we get the ball rolling. Though Jezebel isn't a big fan of crowds...

Although, she does... *clears throat* "play rough" so she isn't afraid of not being able to make quick cash. She was widely known in Tapu Village as a mean... it rhymes with witch; not sure how much cursing is allowed in this thread. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Crap! For some reason I stopped getting notifications for the RP and discussion. I kind of scanned through everything in the RP and so let me just get this right: several new people arrived, with one of them (from a set of twins) committing a major robbery, one of them losing a battle and therefore losing almost all their money, a few others starting to enter the forest, Porygon girl meeting up with Ry's character and Frillish girl (I'm sorry but I really just memorize people by their partner pokemon and I don't want to look through every single character sheet for names), Kiran and Eleanor are together being watched, swablus make good headgear, and is there anyone else?

Sorry for the absence but I'll respond now. I was planning to have the characters be chased by a Trevenant, but I feel like by the time we both finish solving that crisis, everyone else will already be out of the forest (I can still include it later though if you don't think that's the case). So yeah. On the bright side, I finally finished the main story of Ultra Moon yesterday!

Last edited:
@Occidentali's Karma Yeah, you got everything as far as I know (There's also a big Seismitoad Houndoom Houndour joint battle thing going on too, though most people are running away from that mess)

I just had a quick question, and everyone's able to answer on how fair it would be...how broken would Heal Pulse be in the RP? Could Kiran start charging people to heal their Pokemon on the go? (Not that he would) Could he negate many payments to the Pokemon Center by healing his others with his Gothita? Or is the move only really usable in battle? Or should we just nix this mostly useless skill in the actual games to keep it balanced for the RP's sake.