• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed The Merciless Mirai Region Disscussion

@kyuukestu I was actually planning on having disagree with Pyros for a few reasons, but have been too busy to get a response up. (It's not gonna start a war, but I feel it would be appropriate considering Felix's current state of mind.

Well you're the boss, go for it :blush:

I'm in no rush ~
It's mainly that my thoughts right now, is that it wouldn't be easy for people to form groups and sleep in a group, as it would be so easy for one member of the group to take your money, Pokemon, items, and leave you to die, so I feel like even after the fight, there would be a bit of tension, and awkwardness between them all. There would need to be some kind of trust built up among them before simply laying down and heading to sleep.

@Ry_Burst, I would have to warn you that Pyros is very hot-headed and will get into a heated argument with your character, especially when he was trying to hold everything back from angering his sister. He won't be as nice to your character.

Well you could have two watchmen. The second one would act as a 'watchman' for the first watchman. Of course we wouldn't pair people that are suspected to be close. So Shade and Pyros can't both be watching and Felix and Jezebel can't both be watching. Any other combination would be fine though.

@kyuukestu, that sounds like a good idea, and you might wanna introduce that. Once everyone gets settled, we can do a time skip. Our group will need to actually decide to sleep, instead of just talking about plans

@Nebula-Newt, as much as I would like to say yes, we are full. However if @OmnipotentOnion decides that he doesn't want to take part in the RP then there will be a slot. (I'm saying this, because he hasn't responded yet to the RP). And there are a few others, who haven't really responded and if they don't wanna take part, the same stance.

Full Name: Niko Colaine
Appearance: Niko stands at a sort of bulky 5ft 9, with a wide chest and shoulders. His face is framed by a dark brown beard with flecks of ginger, kept short and tidy. His hair is a slightly lighter shade of brown, roughly parted to the left but due to a lack of any hair products to keep it in place strands often go astray. His eyes are a deep hazel color with exceptionally dark sclera. His nose is on the small side and rather at odds with the rest of his well-defined face. His eyebrows are angular and sleek. As for clothes he normally wears navy blue denim jeans and a cable knit grey jumper under which he dons a black polo shirt, with the collar sticking out. On his feet you’ll find a pair of black combat boots with red laces. He also wears a pair of metal braces around each wrist under his jumper, made from a mix of black, red and yellow metal.
Personality: A list of words that could go towards describing Niko’s personality would be patient, driven, resourceful, stern, sarcastic, serious and perhaps a little socially awkward. He isn’t a bad person by any stretch, the young man’s heart is in the right place but sometimes he can seem a little ruthless when it comes to achieving his goals. His father often described him as prideful but that wasn’t really the case, in reality Niko is just so driven that he hates to be pushed back a step from his objectives.
Backstory: Niko Coliane was born to Dave and Elisabeth Coliane, a blacksmith and geologist respectively. The family have lived in Lavaridge town ever since Niko’s birth, never having to move as Mauville was only a short cable car ride away. As an only child Niko spent a lot of time with his father, the only person in the house as his mother had to travel to work. He would listen to his father’s tales whilst he played around the blacksmiths, paying particular attention to Dave’s failed dream of becoming a Pokémon trainer. Fast forward 11 years and Niko was tired of being the apprentice of a blacksmith. He wanted to travel the world! The fabled life of a trainer called to him, he could do what his father couldn’t and make it work, he was sure of it. How hard could it really be? He’d been studying the subject as a hobby for years, watching trainers battle on TV whilst he was working. So with little more than a dream, his parents blessing and a backpack he left home for Unova. After some time here he heard about Mirai.
Pokemon Partner: Ronin the Pawniard. (Ronin wears leather sheathes around his blades when not it battle.)
Region of Birth: Hoenn
Likes: Steel types, mechanical bits and bobs, rock music, a bit of privacy now and again, alcohol, innovative battling strategies, jumpers, hiking.
Dislikes: Loud people, dancing, the cold, crowds, having to give up on something he hasn’t finished, basically anything to do with public speaking.
RP Example: Do you need one from me?

@Nebula-Newt, no, I don't need one, considering one that everyone will see will be in your first post, and I know you. Anyways, accepted. Also, as a note, when you put fast forward 11 years, I thought it meant you started your journey at 11, which causes tons of problems, and wrote out a long post explaining it. But then i caught myself and realized what you meant. Boy do I feel dumb.

@Nebula-Newt, no, I don't need one, considering one that everyone will see will be in your first post, and I know you. Anyways, accepted. Also, as a note, when you put fast forward 11 years, I thought it meant you started your journey at 11, which causes tons of problems, and wrote out a long post explaining it. But then i caught myself and realized what you meant. Boy do I feel dumb.
Oops sorry about the confusion XD

He'd felt like a Mareep surrounded by Houndooms

I see you read the battle with the Seismitoad, eh?

Also, as a quick note, I’ve asked everyone to give a summary of their OC’s team, money amount, and bag every time it changes. Examples are up above, and if you didn’t buy anything, you should be at 2500 PokeYen. (3,000 to start and are quickly forced to pay a 500 entrance fee to the league)

@Nebula-Newt be sure to keep track of how much PokeYen, you have left :blush:
we start with 3,000 PokeYen, while registration alone is 500 PokeYen. Assuming you've registered you'll have 2500 PokeYen left, a regular Nest ball is 1000 PokeYen, but since the Mirai region is all about inflation their prices are doubled. Meaning that nest ball you used was a not-so-thrifty 2000 PokeYen. Well, you could've stolen it from the Pokemart, but they've already been robbed thrice so I'm pretty sure they're on high alert :D

Tl;dr keep track keep track of your spendings, by my estimate you have 500 PokeYen left. Might wanna edit out the nest ball, or something.

Ah I can actually explain that! You see dearest Niko has actually been a bit sneaky. He actually brought the ball with him, not fully formed but rather completely broken down into it's base components. Then using his mechanical skills he began putting it back together once crossing the border. It's why it was incomplete when he pulled it from his bag. If Ry has a problem with this deception I'll change it though.

Hmm, Maybe if you change I think to an appricot then they probably wouldn't take it from you in a search, then you could say your charachter knows how to make pokeballs or something.

They'd be less likely to take the apricorns because they're skeptical that a 19-year-old kid could turn it into a Poke Ball, and there really was no practical use for it inside of Mirai because of the lack of Pokeathlons that are normally found in Johto.

Besides, these guys are not one to have people keep stuff for sentimental value. In all honesty, it's easier for someone to put together a Poke Ball rather than turn an Apricorn into one, so they wouldn't want anyone to be bringing broken Poke Balls because of that. Also, stuff that are kept for sentimental value are easily stolen, as well as alcohol and broken Poke Balls.... Just to warn you XD since you do have a hip flask full of the substance.

Well, yes. With how Mirai stresses our characters, I wouldn't doubt it. Shade might even have a lick of it.

I just realized we have 3 alcoholics in this RP.... Are there any other characters that might become alcoholics? XD

Pyros gets way more flirtatious and has explosive and hot anger, whilst Shade just gets all emotional. It takes a lot for them to get like that, since they have been drinking since they were 20, but yeaaaaa XD hard livers for the win.

I mean why would they take away a broken pokeball? I'm sure Niko could get away with it, saying it had sentimental value or something. They would probably be more likely to confiscate apricorns.
My problem with Apricorns is that since they don’t grow in Mirai, they are a worthy a pretty penny as foreign produce, to collectors or Pokeball makers. A broken Pokeball might be better, if it’s stored in various points upon Niko’s person. (Like one in shoe, one in left pocket of bag, etc.)

I wouldn't be surprised by the end if Kiran turns to the bottle. But right now he hasn't even tried any...at any period of life :p

Anyways, I've had the reigns too long Ashen. If you want to skip the night or have something happen be my guest, because I don't have anything in particular planned.

@BurbleBurble
I think that might be for the best. We can write whatever we need to from their conversation over night in retrospect after they wake up and as necessary.

@kyuuketsu
Well, I don't drink so I don't have much to say on the topic, but I'm pretty sure you can still be classy with whiskey or scotch (or any drink for that matter). The scene between Rokurou and Eizen in the tavern at Loegres from Tales of Berseria is the first thing that comes to mind when I think of classiness.

@kyuuketsu
Well, I don't drink so I don't have much to say on the topic, but I'm pretty sure you can still be classy with whiskey or scotch (or any drink for that matter). The scene between Rokurou and Eizen in the tavern at Loegres from Tales of Berseria is the first thing that comes to mind when I think of classiness.
Hmm, I do believe it varies from person to person and 'classiness' would have as much to do with your mannerisms as what you're drinking. Personally, I find most alcoholic drinks to be too harsh, so I prefer to mix them with generous amounts of fruit juice to make cocktails.