• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed The Merciless Mirai Region Disscussion

Oh, right. May as well make the seismitoad be the one to extinguish those fire after eating some recovery berries. So we don't need to awkwardly incorporate the forest fire this late and dragged the night. He's designed as forest caretaker anyway.

I thought our little group was far enough away to not notice it :/ and I also thought the tree tops were quite thick to even make the smoke invisible.
We would definitely notice it since it can't be that far away from us. After all everyone entered from roughly the same point, and fires are especially eye catching at night.

But still we’re too far away to actually do anything. Logically, there isn’t much we can do, short of run in, and by the time we ge there, the police would have thrived, and they could possibly pin it on us. We have Fire Types in out group, and other pokemon who are capable of causing a fire to start. And they would pin it o us, because it looks better on them to put someone behind bars to the event of it, instead of not catching a perp.

No, simply get a decent enough distance away from the blaze and you will be fine. They’ll probably pin it all out the first trainer they see upon putting out the fire. There’s other trainers in the woods, so it’s likely that one of them will have it pinned on him. (I was just kinda giving a reason for us not to dash to the fire.)

I know.
It was just a fun, stupid, and amusing idea.
(Also in part because it reminded me of a fangame I played a while back where you were in and out of imprisonment on a regular basis)

Well then xD I feel more than a little responsible for this. I can have Larvitar control it in atleast some areas by throwing sand/stomping it out. Also, what is they find a pokemon responsible for it instead of a person?

Well then xD I feel more than a little responsible for this. I can have Larvitar control it in atleast some areas by throwing sand/stomping it out. Also, what is they find a pokemon responsible for it instead of a person?
Well, I don't think anyone would buy a Pokemon responsible for it since there would be way too many possibilities.

Besides, what do ya mean 'A little responsibility'? Wasn't it all you after all~? :D
Oh, stomping out forest fires doesn't really work...they're kinda bit and Larvitar is kinda small... You could probably contain it by using [Sandstorm] but you'd also run the risk of flipping off every Pokemon in like a 100m radius... Your best option seems to be fleeing the scene~

Sorry about the delay. Started writing a post last night, but fell asleep before I could finish. Will post relatively soon.

@BurbleBurble Do you mind if I write in a time-skip between the start of the conversation and when Niko shows up? We can just assumed they had been conversing for some time.

Sorry about the delay. Started writing a post last night, but fell asleep before I could finish. Will post relatively soon.

@BurbleBurble Do you mind if I write in a time-skip between the start of the conversation and when Niko shows up? We can just assumed they had been conversing for some time.
Ha ha, I've done that before. The falling asleep in front of the computer thing that is. It's all cool :p

And yeah the time skip will work for me. It makes logical sense.

I could get something up, but I guess I was kinda hoping for @Melody-Jez to respond as she didn't get any interaction while out OCs discussed stuff and I'd hate to have her get left in the dust.

I had an idea for the branched off trails. One led to a cave, the other led to a massive clearing we were talking about earlier. The one on the far left would've led to a path that would help people at least get further into the forest. Although, I probably should've asked you for that. Was probably on some weird medicine or something and I decided that it would be best to put that there. :/ Eh. I thought it would be too complicated, so I was just going to have the paths conjoin together after a bit and stop somewhere, so we can meet up altogether. The splitting of the group was only to get away from the cops easier and if any of them had smelled a trail, then they'll be on that one.

Whoo! Time skip! I am ready!

As to the next town, I'm not that great with settings and histories unless the task falls squarely in my lap. As for the gym leader, I was thinking it should be someone with intimidating types, to shock newbies ever more. Rock, bug, and flying aren't usually scary. Steel, dragon, and water are. But will early gym leaders have final-stage pokemon, or basic forms as tradition goes?

As for the gym leader, I was thinking it should be someone with intimidating types, to shock newbies ever more. Rock, bug, and flying aren't usually scary. Steel, dragon, and water are. But will early gym leaders have final-stage pokemon, or basic forms as tradition goes?
I think Ry established that the gyms are more around theme than type, and that his first Pokemon was a Ditto. I do like the dragon idea though- most "starter" types are resisted by them and they are scary strong in the right hands. Maybe a Steel type to round it out too- I'm thinking Klang/Magneton/Skarmory, as those are strong Pokemon in their own right.

I assume to keep things winnable, they have some standards in place. They probably use mid stages or Pokemon that don't evolve, which are still strong.

I got a poor post up. My reasoning, is that I was needed to post, but I had nothing of importance to post.

Hey, not to be a downer or anything but I really don't want to see this RP die. So how about after Nebula posts, we go ahead and time skip so PFN and Karma can go ahead. Also, do we have a town or gym leader made up yet for after the forest? I mean, I'm sure we can all figure something out once we get the ball rolling.

I think we’re really waiting on my group too. I’m trying to have the group leave and activate the timeskip there.

As to the next town, I'm not that great with settings and histories unless the task falls squarely in my lap. As for the gym leader, I was thinking it should be someone with intimidating types, to shock newbies ever more. Rock, bug, and flying aren't usually scary. Steel, dragon, and water are. But will early gym leaders have final-stage pokemon, or basic forms as tradition goes?

Like Burble said, there are theme based. So the first gym leader will have the theme of reversals. So he has Pokemon that in a sense, can use an opponet’s power agisnst them. He has many Ditto with different battle styles, and will probably use a single Pokemon, as it will be a one on one. As another note. None of us should be ready for this gym battle upon arriving.

So in the interest of having something to do, I'll have Claire accidentally split from her current group. Any group want to have a new member~?

Well, @MegaAbsol is currently lonesome (I'm so sorry, but I forgot your character name), and Myrna, Matt, and Sven desperately need something to do- if you accidentally stumble into their tunnel, that is.