• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed The Merciless Mirai Region Disscussion

https://pokecharms.com/threads/the-merciless-mirai-region.18546/
---
In 1996 a young trainer by the name of Red became Champion of the Kanto Region, at only sixteen which is quite a feat that many trainers had failed at. Three years later and up and coming fifteen year old boy named Gold rose up the ranks of the Johto League and became champion of his home region. Four more years passed by and an up and comer named May became Champion of her home region at the age of seventeen. Four years passed by, until Dawn became champion of the Sinnoh Region overthrowing the powerful trainer Cynthia at only fourteen years of age. By the time 2010 rolled around, a new champion of the Unova region had risen at only age fifteen by the name of Black. And then, four more years went by and the Kalos region also discovered that they had a young prodigy by the name of Serena who became champion at the young age of sixteen. And in the Alola region the whole region was in shock, that two years after a young Kalos Champion arose, that an eleven year old boy named Sun who was originally from the Kanto Region, became the champion of their newly formed Alolan League.

What do all of these trainers have in common? They all became champions while under the age of 18. With this people began to have the feeling that Pokemon Battling was becoming a kids game and was losing much respect as a respectable sport. So to keep up with older audiences, new laws were passed making the youngest a trainer could be to become a trainer as fifteen. And to become a trainer at age fifteen was a rare feat and very hard, with the entire test very biased against young children. The majority of the population who decided to go into Pokemon Battling for real could only get their trainer's licence at around their ate teens and early adulthood. However due to this, things like Pokemon Showcases became more accepting of young members and received an influx while other job opening where people could work alongside Pokemon increased in the number of employees. And the sport of Pokemon Battling and earning badges became more intense and in a sense corrupted. People would go to gyms to gamble and a losing policy began to rear its ugly mug. If you lost three gym battles, then you would lose your licence and couldn't take a remedial one for roughly 10-15 years. Many regions became less centered with Pokemon Leagues after this and Pokemon battling became less common. Crime rates slowed in those regions. Friendly battles still existed but there was so many regulations that many people seemed to quit all together and battles would normally take place in Contests and Showcases.

However one region grew and Pokemon Battling became a massive sport for it, that seemed to make it well known compared to the other regions. The region added extra rules for trainers taking this challenge that I will cover first however, maybe I should tell you abut this region.

It is called the Mirai Region and it is known for not only it's Pokemon Battles but it's tourism. There are lavish buildings, fine food, and so many great things to do for your average tourist. However it is also known for it's Pokemon Battles. Battles are ruthless and only for the strong of heart. It is not a simple region with easy badges to win. Veteran Trainers, and even champions flock here only to discover it as another league. It is a harsh, yet well renown region. It's tourism combined with strong league and a large variety of Pokemon, make it well sought after and respected. And I mentioned earlier there are rules to this region that the MPL (Mirai Pokemon League) added to increase the difficulty and prevent young trainers from rising to the top and making a fool of their system.

1.) All trainers entering the region must only have one base form Pokemon that can evolve, 3000 PokeYen, and a medium sized backpack. Inside it can be clothes, and personal items, but there can be nothing of any value (ie Gold Nuggets, Pearls, Jewelry, credit cards, etc.) and nothing to help the training of Pokemon (ie Held Items, Berries, Potions, etc.).
2.) If you lose three gym battles instead of just having you licence revoked your Pokemon must be released into the Mirai wild.
3.) You must have your trainer's licence with you at all times. If you get caught without it, you will be sent to jail and your Pokemon will be released. Officers can at any time check you for a licence. (This often happens with younger trainers, to try to limit young trainers.)
4.) Trainers can take on the gyms in any order, but they must arrived and register for the League in the large port city of Dolvious.

With these rules, everyone begin the region at equal stakes hopefully. However many people often have training and well bred Pokemon, if they come form rich families so that is often something that separates the upper class from others. Corruption also plays a part with richer family members paying guards to leave their children alone, and are often left to pick on others. And there is a lot of thievery and unfair battling, in the first town of Dolvious as people see it as easy money and easy wins.

Another not involving the crime is that there are multiple crime syndicates within the region itself, that bribe public officials and the police to ignore them, leaving them to do as they please.

With all of these aspects combined the Mirai region is often the place where many people have their dreams thoroughly crushed to a pulp and are left with nothing. And you are no exception. This will be a hard journey and are you sure you would want to travel through it.

Well there is some info for you guys. Well let me explain a few things. This was inspired by an RP I did early on, and it wasn't a simple run and done region RP. It was intense and the stakes were higher. The journey for the trainers was life or death and quite interesting. So I am here to try to make something like that. So let me explain some rules of the RP.

Rule #1: Obey all Pokecharms Rules. This is a given but as people never seem to listen, I'll give a quick recap. No Godmodding, No Auto'ing, Keep posts in 3rd person, Posts in Past Tense, Good Grammar, and keep a solid continuity. If you need more info, go read the rules for the site and RPing. If you haven't read them yet, stop reading this, and go do that now, before continuing.
Rule #2: Like I said early on, young trainer are rare. So the age limit is going to be at least 16, but I recommend you make yourself older. If you want to have a 15 year old, which I do not recommend, send me a PM with your charcater and we can discuss, if you can have a 15 year old.
Rule #3: This is going to be realistic. So Pokemon can die and battles are more than stats and turn based. Strategies can be emplyed that make battles more realisitc.
Rule #4: I request good solid posts. I don't want any 3 sentence posts. I want paragraphs. The more detail the better.
Ru;e #5: This Region is a tough one, so don't expect it to be a push over, and easily win always. You're not a Mary Sue, and don't become one.
Rule #6: No Fakemon. 'Nuff said.
Rule #7: Have Fun!

Okay so as for the region's geography, Mirai has a wide range of climates, and I will need your guys help to help build these towns and gyms. Also as a note, to keep up with tourism, PokeMarts sell times at double the price of other regions.

Now here is the charcater sheet. Mine will be up soon. Whether or not I accept you will depend on your character sheet and RP Example.

Full Name:
Appearance:
Personality:
Backstory:
Pokemon Partner:
Region of Birth:
RP Example:

Last edited:
Hey! This look like a similar redoing of one of the first ever RPs I joined! *insert subtle wink here* However, I know the original character I wrote for that RP, Merlot, was born out of a good intention but wasn't really well executed. I've improved my RPing since then though, and now I'm introducing a new character to the mix!

Full Name: Myrna Ann Wilcox
Appearance: Standing at about 5'9", Myrna is slightly taller than most women, and is a little heavier too due to spending most of her days at a boring office job prior to this. She wears a collared periwinkle top, with a typically touristy white flower design on it, khaki capris, and tennis shoes. She keeps her Sandile's pokeball in her white and beige purse. Her frizzy shoulder-length brown hair is pulled back some by a white headband, and she wears contact lenses over her hazel eyes.
Personality: Leaning towards pessimism, Myrna is very unsure of her own abilities, often second-guessing herself. She may be dependent on others at first, as she has never had a Pokemon journey before, but should hopefully grow more confident with herself as the journey goes on. While she isn't the best journeyer, deep in her heart, Myrna is very determined to meet her goal, and will try whatever new things she has to just so that she can be the one at the end. Besides occasionally being a nervous wreck, she's also a bookworm, and longs of having a journey similar to the ones she has read about before. This makes her feel somewhat guilty though, as a part of her believes that she is being selfish, taking on the MPL to fulfill her own dreams rather than the task at hand.
Backstory: Myrna wanted to go on a Pokemon journey when she was younger, but her parents always talked her out of it, saying that someone so young could never become a champion. That, of course, was a lie considering the headlines of young trainers beating leagues around the world without breaking a sweat (she could have been Black, dammit), but instead of pointing out her parent's hypocrisy, she merely nodded her head like the good daughter she was. After all, what did she know? That question continued to ruminate throughout her being as the years passed, as she went to school and obtained a bachelor's degree in accounting, as she got a monotonous desk job working at a tech company that didn't give a crap at any of its employees, as she sat by her books reading of people doing better than things than her... that was, until her predictable humdrum lifestyle came crashing to a halt. Austin, her 15 year-old brother, was diagnosed with leukemia, and with her father already gone, it was up to her and her mom to look after him. The two rotated their work schedules, both having to take enormous amounts of times off for appointments. Myrna even moved back in to her family's old house from her apartment. However, despite their efforts to both help Austin and keep their work lives functioning, the family's households funds were running low. On top of that, after some consultants came in to investigate Myrna's work place, she was fired for reasons out of her control. Now, barely able to afford the medical costs and out of a job, Myrna has turned to the one place were people with real talent can become famous fast: the Mirai Region. It's a huge gamble, but Myrna hopes that by getting far enough in the league and sharing her story with the public, funds will pour in to help pay her brother's medical bills and to fund cancer research. First, however, she needs to survive her first ever Pokemon journey in the toughest region there is.
Pokemon Partner: Sandile - Nickname TBD - Ability: Moxie
Region of Birth: Castelia City, Unova
Dislikes: Her Reoccurring Existential Crises

Jean looked from the number on his key to the number on his door, ignoring Crimson's offer to come inside and Cas for a moment as he tried to figure out if it was really his room. He had been relieved to see Crimson there at first, knowing he'd be rooming with someone he already met, but both him and Cas? Wasn't it only supposed to be two people to a room? After a moments of staring at the numbers in confusion, he looked at the other two freshman, face clearly confused. "Uh, hello! Cas and Crimson, hello! Um, are you sure that both of you have the right room number?" Jean stepped inside the dorm, showing the two of them his key. "I mean, I know I'm supposed to be here, but I think one of you has the wrong number." Peeking inside, he did indeed see two small beds. "I see both only two Pokemon beds, which means only two students, so-" he cut himself off as the realization hit him. Those small beds were what they were supposed to be sleeping in. And the size of the room... two people were supposed to share that? "This- this is insane! Are those pathet- I mean, uh, tiny- beds supposed to be ours? What if you role off them? Safety violation! And is that seriously all the closet space they gave us? Uh, they haven't even brought up our stuff yet! And is it just me, or does this place literally stink?" Without a second thought, he pulled a love ball from off the strap of his satchel, and tossed into the air. As his pokemon came out, a lovely aroma lavender and vanilla aroma began to fill the air. "That's better. Thank you, Spritz." Instantly, the spritzee raced around the new room and the heads of Crimson and Cas, before perching on top of Jean's head. "Spritzee is the Perfume Pokemon," he explained.

Last edited:
@Occidentali's Karma, accepted. And I feel ya. I think it was actually my first good RP, and looking back on it, my posts were very poor and I'm kinda ashamed of that whole thing. Plus the charcater wasn't the best and could have been pulled off better on my end.

Full Name
: Felix Reuben Waters
Appearance: Felix has thick mahogany brown hair, with medium length hair. His eyes are light blue and he has lightly tanned skin. He stands at 6'2" and has a thin muscular build with decently built muscles. He has a crooked nose and a wide smile. He wears a black sleeveless tank top, with a dark grey ragged sleeveless vest over it. He wears dark grey cargo pants and black combat boots. He has black fingerless gloves on his hands. For a backpack he wears a black two strap backpack. He wears a belt for his Pokeballs and a Pokeball necklace that he uses to house Volt's Pokeball. He is decently athletic from spending time running from gangs and the police, with a good deal of stamina. He is thin and looks a bit malnourished, but is still athletic.
Personality: Felix is someone who is prone to get into fights with people because of his mouth. He is quick to react and taunt his opponents. He is snarky and is loudmouthed. He is very light-hearted on the outside, while internally he is scared to make connections with other people. He is witty and has a good survivor mindset and does his best to avoid trouble.
Backstory: Felix Reuben Waters was born in Vermilion City General Hospital on October 23. His Susan Waters was a busy magazine editor for a region-wide magazine, while his father Adam Waters was an attorney. Felix's birth was an accident, and with his parents being so busy, he rarely saw them, so he was left in the capable hands of a nanny. He grew attached to this nanny, until one day his parents died in a car crash. The woman tried to keep the information away from Felix, but when Felix learned the truth through a phone conversation he was shocked. Not only at his parent's untimely death but also at the nanny's deceit. So he was then sent to an orphanage at the young age of 10. However he didn't want to stray in this city and more, and snuck aboard the SS Anne and made his way towards Canalave City, where he became a street rat. He spent 4 years like this avoiding fights, pick-pocketing, and during this time, he ended up working in an underground battle arena, where unlicensed underage trainers could battle and go all out. He became in love with the sport and watched closely as powerful trainers battled furiously. However near the end of the year, when he was 15, the arena was raided by the police, and he escaped without getting caught by the skin of his teeth. However he decided he would try to get his trainer's licence. At age 15, he attempted it and failed, due to bias against him. So he tried again and again. Since that every time he failed there was a three month wait period, he had to try again and again. During this time, he became a quite accomplished battler, and passed a few days after his 19th birthday. So he caught himself a pokemon, which ended up being a young Shinx and snuck aboard a boat leading to the Mirai Region.
Pokemon Partner: Jackson's partner is a male Shinx named Volt. His ability is Rivalry.
Region of Birth: Kanto
Likes: Training (Either his own body by jogging or his Pokemon), His Pokemon
Dislikes: Snobs, Liars, Snitches

RP Example: Terrance Crane got off the boat, with the crowd of 3rd class passengers to blend in. He didn't want to get noticed on his first day in town. He stretched his arms after the long boat ride. He had to end up, taking the boat ride in the cargo hold. The security was pretty tight for a boat. What was up with this Region. "I need to make some money as soon as possible." He thought to himself. He had heard, that things in the Fortis region were more expensive, so he was going to need all the cash he could get.
Terrance walked through Dolus town. He was sure to walk around the tourism hotspots. That's where the money was at. He bumped into a man in a suit and stumbled back.
"Watch it kid," shouted the man, pushing past.
Terrance turned towards the man, who was walking away and shouted, "You dropped your wallet." The man turned around and snatched the wallet out of Terrance's outstretched hand. He quickly looked inside it to see if any money was missing. The wallet was filled with the exact amount the man originally had. And with that the man brisklly walked away.
When the man was out of sight, he pulled a gold watch out of his sleeve. "That guy was so easy to trick," thought Terrance to himself, as he stuffed the watch in his backpack pocket.

Terrance made a beeline towards another tourist hotspot and was bumped into by a kid with a Mohawk. Terrance instantly caught the boy's hand, before he reached Terrance's pocket. He twisted the boy's hand and pushed him away. "That kid was one of the worst pickpocketers he had ever met." Thought Terrance to himself. "The kids from the Slums here had no pride for their craft, they just did it enough to get by." He on the other hand, was a master pickpocket. His work was a craft, that took him years of hard work to perfect. Then again, maybe he was growing soft. He hadn't stolen as much lately. Maybe it was because of that old man had said. That Riolu would tame his wilder nature. "Nah," said Terrance shaking his head at the thought. He was just busy, getting ready for this trip of his.

Terrance looked down at Riolu's pokeball. This was the only Pokémon, Terrance had brought with him. This Pokémon, and 3000P was all he had. He smiled as he thought, "I'll double this by the end of the day." He then continued to walk down the street, looking for his next victim.

Realistic pokemon adventure! I'm in!

Full Name: Peter Rayleigh
Appearance: 172cm tall and 66kg in weight. Peter is a slender young man with somewhat permanent stern expression in his face. His eyes are blue in colour and framed by a black-framed glasses. His black hair is short and neatly cut around the edge. He usually wears gray gakuren and white sneakers. He tried to have the best appearance anytime, no wrinkles allowed. Has a small spinda plushie attached to his pokedex.
Personality: Peter is a perfectionist and quite obsessed with personal hygiene. He has low tolerance on failure, even especially for himself. He always try to plan ten steps ahead of his oppenent, sometimes by any mean necessary. For him, pokemon is just a tool to fulfill his ambition: he wants to create his own achievement, away from the shadow of his father. He turned into a total softie when speaking to his little sister, Sofia.
Backstory: His father is one of the major investor of Silph Co., making Rayleigh family very rich. Peter grows with golden spoon handled to him, methaporically or literally. He is told to learn all kinds of skill needed for him to continue the family business. But deep down, he felt unsatisfied at his life. He felt his way is already paved for him and no one gave him any choice. He is just a mindless puppet of Rayleigh company, nurtured to become the next succesor. So here he is, in the harshest region trying to take the challenge, this is his way to rebel against the chain that has bind him for a long time.
Pokemon Partner: Porygon
Region of Birth: Safron City, Kanto
Dislikes: vulgar jokes, stupidity

RP Example: now that i think about this, I rarely do a pokemon RP.
The hovering boy looks like a 10 years old. He wears oversized white shirt and knee-length pants, his puffy brown hair is covering his eyes entirely so Urano couldn't see them. The boy approach Urano and smoothly land himself.

"Greeting, mortal. I must say that I am very pleased by your performance." He said with artificially heavy voice. It's like he tried to be more imposing than he really is. Cute. If Urano wasn't confused as hell she would pinch those chubby cheeks.

"What performance? Who are you? Where is this?" Urano express her confusion.

"Ah, yes. Let me introduce myself first. I am Clever, The God of Cunning, Deception and Trickery. Mwehehehe." The boy said while adding some evil laugh and hovering himself a bit for more dramatic effect.

"Let me guess, you are actually some kind of god of naughtiness, or maybe pranks, or mischief?"

"What?! H-how did you know I'm god of mischief?!" Clever said in a surprised voice.

"Gotcha, ha! You are easy to read. I don't think deity of deception would just call himself deity of deception" Urano points out the flaw on his speech. The boy looks angry.

"Forget it! So, like I said. I am very pleased by your death performance."

"Pardon?"

"You haven't understand. Huh? You have died. Choked on sashimi while reading cheap romance story. You died shrieking like a cockroach while thrashing around in vain. You died in such a pitiful way and I enjoy that. How evil I am, huh. Mwehehehehe. I even have a recording of the moment of your death." He swipes the thin air and a holographic panel appeared displaying Urano's final moment.

"Noooo, its so embarassing," Urano cover her face in embarassment. "You are not planning to upload it to YourTube right?"

"No, no. This video goes to my personal inventory and I'm gonna enjoy every seconds of it. Mwehehehe." Clever goes into another evil laughing frenzy.

"You do realize that your words before sounds very creepy right? Fortunately you are a cute little boy and not some kind of perverted old man."

"H-how I-insolence! E-enough of this nonsense!" Clever's face is now blushing heavily. He may be the god of mischief but it seems that dirty jokes is out of his teritory.

"Yes, Clever." Urano nods while trying hard to kept herself from grinning. This boy is too easy to read its laughably cute.

"You must addres me with Clever-sama!!" the boy demands.

"Okay, Clever-sama~" replies Urano playfully.

"D-don't give me that tone!! Addres me with FEAR!!" Clever gave obvious emphasize on the last word.

"Kyaaa~ Clever-sama. So scary~"

"S-stop iiiit!!"

"Okay~" Cute as it is now. It may be best to stop teasing him now, who know what will he do if he got really angry?

"Ahem. So, back on topic. I am very pleased by your performance that I decided to give you second chance at life, in my realm. My realm is different from yours though."

"What? What should I do there?"

"Dunno," Clever just lift his shoulder in ignorance. "Do whatever you want, enjoy yourself, have fun, go ham, then die."

"That last part sounds not so fun."

"Said a girl that teased a god right after her death. Oh, yeah. I will give you power and gift so you won't die right away. This is your gift."

A chubby black dragon as big as a cat suddenly appeared in front of Urano. Urano picked the dragon and smile delightfuly.

"It's so cute." It's body is covered in smooth black fur and felts like dogs fur.

"His name is Beel. Now, Beel. This is your mother. Be good and grow healthy." Clever spoke to the little dragon.

"Kyuu." Beel eyeing Urano carefully before rubbing his body to hers like a cat.

"I will sent the rest of the information right into your head. Now shooo." Clever waves his hand and Urano freefall right into a lake.

"Help! Can't swim!" Urano thrash uselessly in the water.

"Kyuuu." Beel place himself in front of her. Urano grabs Beel's body and use it as a safety float. So this is what Clever mean by preventing her from dying right away. [/sppoiler]

@Spoiled Bread, accepted under one condition. You seem to be lacking the correct kind of posts, as posts need to be past tense on this site. The admins are very sure of this, and they could shut down the RP if posts aren't in past tense. But that's my on.y actual problem, and you're accepted.

Full Name: Jezebel Xienstien
Appearance: Her hair, which is long and silky, reaches the small of her back. It's an eminence shade of purple. Her large eyes are the color of molten gold. Standing at 5'4", she is very slender and has fair skin. She usually wears long sleeve shirts that have loose sleeves and are slit at the wrists. They neckline plunges in a v-neck to the bottom of her ribs. She wears faded skinny jeans that are frayed and torn from her knees up. For shoes, she goes simple with silver and black sneakers. In colder weather, she wears a form fitting black blazer over her usual style of shirt; she always makes sure the loose sleeves are sticking out of the cuffs just a bit. Her faded skinny's are replaced with dark navy ones, free of tears and fraying. The ends of her jeans are tucked into black combat boots. She'll also toss a dark sapphire blue scarf around her neck.
Personality: Snarky and sarcastic, Jezebel is a difficult person to like. She enjoys messing with people's minds and has an exceptionally short temper. She has a hard time reigning in her aggressive tendencies; however, she is very loyal and does make an effort to loving and caring to those she cares for. She is socially awkward and tries to be a benefit to any friends she manages to make; social interaction is just very hard for her.
Backstory: The fourth born in a family of six children, Jezebel and her siblings (2 brothers and 3 sisters) had the misfortune of being born to a pair of extremely neglectful parents. Her oldest sibling, Phillip (currently age 37), was much older than the rest of the children and tried his best to care for and raise them all. However, five children ranging from- at the time of the birth of the last baby- 12 years old to newborn, is a hard task for anyone; let alone a 27 year old who didn't make enough money to have all of them live in his own home. With Phillip being busy at work most hours, Jezebel's second oldest sibling, Anna, tried to help keep the younger kids in line as best she could. Jezebel herself was a twin; her sister Cassie was born about ten minutes before her and they're only a couple years younger than Anna. The youngest two, on the other hand, are today ages 13 and 10. Phillip and Anna tried to look after everyone evenly but with the two youngest, Maya and Luke, being so much younger than the others, the twins were usually left to themselves.

They grew up close and were rarely ever apart. They weren't identical twins- Cassie was much taller and had dark red hair with green eyes while Jezebel was much smaller boned. The home was almost always a mess of chaos, leaving the twins to explore the ruins that once been apart of the village whenever they wanted peace and quiet. Jezebel's mischievous and curious nature led her to explore in the tall grass where pokemon thrive. Cassie, be the more safety conscious twin, usually told on Jezi in the hopes that her sister would learn her lesson. She never did.

While Cassandra grew up being known as the "good" twin, Jezebel had taken after her parents just enough to make life very difficult. Where Cassie took after their oldest siblings in being much more naturally responsible. Jezebel took after their father with his explosive temper, tendency to hide away from people, and, as she got older, a tendency to disappear for days at a time when she became too frustrated with the people at home, as well as her mother's paranoia. It was during one of her short runaways where she met Prince, her Frillish. The two formed a bond and when Jezebel turned 19, she was finally able to achieve her trainer's license. The first pokemon she caught was, of course, her Frillish friend.

These days, Phillip and Anna live together and have achieved custody of their younger siblings. Cassie started her journey at the same time with a female Salandit she named Bridgette; however, the two sisters committed to their first long term separation at the start of their journeys. Cassie stayed in Alola so she could race home if something happened. Jezebel, on the other hand, had dreamed of being in the MPL; she wanted a challenge, she wanted the leagues back in what she called "the glory days of pokemon training".
Pokemon Partner: Her partner is Prince, a male Frillish who has the ability Cursed Body.
Region of Birth: Tapu Village, Ula'ula Island, Alola
Likes: Training with her pokemon, small towns and wilderness, playful teasing
Dislikes: Huge cities, crowds, people she deems to be moronic
RP Example: (Assuming this roleplay takes place in 2018, this scene takes place in 2014) The night as calm. The sky was studded with thin, wispy clouds; the remains of the Thrifty Megamart overlooked the beach as the waves lapped at the beach. The tranquility was only broken by the huffing and puffing of a teenage girl as she raced onto the beach from the walking trail.

Upon reaching the waterline, she stopped and bent over, grabbing her knees as she tried to catch her breath. Opening her large golden eyes, she could make out shells, stones, and fallen Wingull feathers littering the beach by her feet. Remembering the reason she was out here to begin with, her face twisted with rage as she started grabbing the various bits partially buried in the sand and tossing them out into the sea. One stone harshly broke into the water, hitting a creature resting just below the surface. "Fril?" it said as it popped its blue head out of the water.

Seeing the infuriated girl, the curious creature floated out of the water and over to her. When she noticed her company, she stopped with a large shell in her hand. "What? Did I hit you with something?" she asked with scathing sarcasm. The male Frillish merely tilted his head to the side, causing the girl to chuckle humorlessly. "You're not very bright, are you?" she asked him. The floating, finely dressed jellyfish scooped up another shell from the beach and held it out to her with its tentacle. When she didn't take it, he inched forward and slipped it into the fingers of her free hand. The human girl only grew more confused.

"I get your body is probably squishy but get hit with a rock or shell must've hurt," she told it. "Why give me another?" The water ghost offered no response and just brightly smiled at her. Sufficiently distracted from her anger, she just dropped the rock and pocketed the seashell; her little sister would probably enjoy it. "Thanks..." she mumbled as she started walking off. Seeing her calmed, the water type joyfully cheered and waved her good bye.

She would be back the next night, just out of curiosity as to whether she could find him again. He always seemed to know how to best handle her temper and her company made him happy, leading to an easy friendship between the two. Until she was able to catch him, she made sure he was fed and he was always there for her, no matter how foul her mood happened to be.

@Melody-Jez, The year of the RP is roughly around 2030. The rules came into place around late 2018-ish, and for the Mirai region to flourish like it did, it would need 10-15 years to gain the respect and for the rule to become a part of many young trainers lives, making it something that they had to grow up with. Anyways, enough with the time assumption and you're accepted.

@Melody-Jez, understandable. Besides, your posts kinda gave me an excuse to explain the time period as I did forget it. :p

Anyways, since we have four OCs up and created, I'll create the RP thread shortly. And as a note, since this region hasn't been explained in detail on my part, I will explain some of the details of this world inn my posts, and as for town planning, naming etc, then any suggestions are wanted and appreciated. But as a note, Pokemon Gyms are not solely based upon type. So there wouldn't be a simply fire type gym leader, and their teams would have a much bigger variety of Pokemon to make it much harder for a trainer to prepare for the battle. Also the first gym town, will be past a forest past Dolvious Town. And that is pretty much all that is in between the two towns. I don't have a name decided for the town, so any ideas are accepted and welcomed and the Gym Leader's first Pokemon is always a Ditto, so that's a note on that.

Anyways, after my short ramble of explanation, I'll tag all of you in the opening post of the RP thread and provide the link on the first post of this thread once finished.

@Melody-Jez, I think the anime does this mechanic better, as the gym leaders are considered somewhat masters of that certain type and have developed counters to types they would be weak too, having trainers learn much about each type, and ways t counter them. But it doesn't seem to teach trainers to be strong, but give them hints along the way.

Yep :) still, multi type gyms were a breath of fresh air. Maybe that can be the different thing in gen 8 since trials were all but confirmed to be Alola only. Fingers crossed? Anyone?

I honestly can't see them removing the type theme from the games, as they are designed for 10 year-olds and it makes the game easier. But I can still hope for the removal of types, despite it being a pipe dream. (I feel like having themes would be much more effective than anything, as it adds some easiness and challenge still. I dunno)

I'm sorry that it's taken me this long to get up my form, Ry. I've got an excuse though: if you were to check my YouTube channel, you'd see that I've been doing a ton of uploading. Not a very good excuse, but there it is. Anyway . . .

Full Name: Matt McCallister
Appearance: This has never been a significant factor in any RP I've seen. Let's just say Matt is reasonably athletic and carries a walking staff everywhere. He's "that guy with the walking stick."
Personality: Matt is friendly and optimistic at his core, but his last failure in Johto left him insecure and sometimes self-doubting. On top of this, regularly dealing with his carefree friend/acquaintance Sven has made him very patient, but also prone to sarcasm. Matt is cautious as a rule, both in traversing strange lands, and personal interaction with strangers. He is the type who would prefer to face confrontation with tactful words rather than fists. However, when push comes to shove, Matt fights dirty.
Backstory: A year ago, Matt was one of three trainers who set out on the Johto trainer journey over the summer. His objective was simple: gain eight badges and compete in the Johto League in order to earn a scholarship for college, and something to put on his resume later in life. He did well until he reached Olivine City, where Jasmine's Steel-types utterly stonewalled his team. His traveling companion, Sven, managed to win all eight of his badges, largely due to his rich parents handing him superior pokemon every time a new badge increased Pokemon Obedience Level. Sven went on to immediately lose the first round in the League tournament. One year later, near graduation, Sven approached Matt with a tempting offer: full financial coverage for four years of college, and a Steel Coat for his Onix so it could become like Jasmine's. The Steel Coat would be provided as a good faith payment halfway through their journey, and the rest of the reward would come later. "What journey?" Matt had asked. Sven went on to explain about the Mirai Region, and how he wanted Matt with him as an unofficial escort and guard. Although Matt was doubtful that the irresponsible Sven knew what he was getting himself into, he needed the money all the same. Besides, this "Mirai" journey might better pad out his resume than Johto ever could have . . .
Pokemon Partner: Onix- the only pokemon from his failed Johto journey that Matt kept.
Region of Birth: Johto
Likes: An innate sense of honor, willingness to admit to mistakes, willingness to forgive, creative thinking, and a spirit of endurance in the face of hardship.
Dislikes: Any form of laziness, disingenuousness, incompetence, disloyalty, or abuse of power.
RP Example: *(Excerpt from Twisted Beige)
The man nodded. "Around here, we believe that the dead often reincarnate in the form of a new Gastly."

Hibiki sighed and rolled up his magazine. "You guys really need to get with the century, you know that? If what you say is true, Gastly ought to outnumber every living creature on earth fourteen to one by now, or at the very least, be more common than Rattatas." He held up a finger. "Furthermore, are ghost pokemon even ghosts? They eat, they sleep, they lay eggs for crying out loud. If anything, they're planar entities that ground themselves in our dimension, not dead people."

The receptionist threw up his hands, looking quite taken aback. "Woah, easy now! No need to get on my ass about it."

Hibiki leaned back against the couch cushion, rubbing his temples. "Sorry. It's just that you guys own a radio tower here, and I'd hate to think that the truth is entrusted to broadcasters holding these kinds of superstitions. Same with the people who believe Arceus is a god."

The man stared hard at Hibiki, and even when the walls shook again, he ignored the distant impacts. "That's quite a brazen thing of you to say. Considering the numbers of people who believe in Arceus, you're bound to make enemies with that sort of talk."

Hibiki shrugged. "Truth matters more to me. I refuse to attribute deity to an animal with physical limitations, who can be caught in a human-made pokeball."

The man gave a shallow laugh. "Good luck finding an Arceus worshiper who thinks that."

"If they don't, then they should probably stop calling him a 'pocket monster'."

"Okay, seriously-" Yet another tremor in the building cut off the receptionist's speech, but he bulled ahead angrily as it passed. "I just got done burying my role model, and the police upstairs are doing something that's making the entire tower shake. I REALLY don't need any more agitation right now. How would you like it if I crapped all over your beliefs?"

This time, it was Hibiki who laughed bitterly. "You'll have to get in line. I believe that God is a 2,000-year-old Jewish guy who died for our sins. Please, feel free to remind me that those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones." He looked up at the ceiling, as more dust continued to fall. "Again, I'm sorry . . . I'm pretty on-edge myself. But I'm determined not to let my enemy escape this way, even if there is a danger of the place collapsing."

@Spoiled Bread, the gyms would be different based upon the Gym Leader's skills, strategies and how they battle. Like one could be based around tanking through attacks and countering them slowly, while another could be using glass cannon strategies. The problem with having gym type based is that a trainer could simply have a Pokemon that resists it giving him an unfair advantage and also defeats a lot of the challenge.

@Pokemon Fanfiction Novels, quick note with your sheet. You mentioned losing the league, so that would already be a strike against your trainer ID. And so assuming that you lost that once, and no other gym battles, then in two gym losses you would lose your licence and lose your entire team. So that is a note. The revoking of a licence for a long period of time is for all regions and is carried onto all regions, while the release of Pokemon is Mirai only. But other than that info, you are accepted.

@Melody-Jez, I asked Teapot to move it. She said it was no problem. :)

Also as an idea, my idea is that we post a short summary after the end of any post where something changed. Like when you buy something, there would be a change in how much money you have, and a new item in you bag. I will edit my first post to show this.

I was invited to the last one but didn't apply in time. Anyways, here's my profile so I can participate this time.

Full Name:
Kiran Redmont
Appearance: Kiran stands at a respectable 5'10" with pale skin and is mildly toned. While not the biggest or strongest, he's certainly able to hold his own in a fair fight. His clothes consist of a white dress shirt and dress pants, a light coat that has a logo for "Medicall" on it, a Kalos based company, with a backup pair of sweats and a sweater in the case he needs to change clothes. His hair is a bit of a fuzzy brown mess, and Kiran's eyes are a similar shade of brown. So...he sort of looks like a run down desk worker. Kind of fitting, actually.
Personality: Kiran is a particularly anxious perfectionist, careful to not make a mistake or error in his ways. If that were to happen, he would never forgive himself for this. Aside from him striving to be perfect in every field he can, there is one in particular he struggles in- socializing. His sheltered upbringing has made him a tad socially awkward. Still, he finds having friends makes him have some refuge in his life. And Kiran also adores Pokemon...so this region is probably going to demotivate him and crush him in the end. And one last thing- while he is a total doormat, even he has limits. And when he reaches that limit...Let's just say he's going to have a sore throat for a bit.
Backstory: The owner of Medicall Industries, producer of Potions and other medicinal products in Kalos, is a man named Othello Redmont. He faced many hardships as he grew up and attempted to start his company. It is his personal belief that you cannot be successful without suffering- and as such, he tries to make sure his son will become a grand successor to the title by being hard on him. Kiran was not allowed to call his father "dad", but rather "Sir" or "Mr. Redmont". Kiran was to study for several hours a day- and make good marks. While this did make him smart and disciplined, it did not do well on his personality, transforming Kiran into a perfectionist and doormat, who beats himself down on every slight mistake.
There was a point where Redmont had applied Kiran for a Trainer's License- after all, as a wealthy man someone would want Kiran's head, and a Pokemon would reduce such chances that the head would be taken.. But it was there he learned of something that would truly challenge his child- The Mirai Region. A vicious gauntlet of Pokemon Battling that even the hardened would fail...Making Kiran go through something like that would certainly increase his gumption and tenacity.
So Mr. Redmont made his move. He gave Kiran a choice- he could go to the Mirai region on a journey and drop all the formalities, for good, as long as he finished his quest to the bitter end. The other option was to become a manager of the recently made experimental branch of Medicall for...something...Redmont didn't elaborate further. But Kiran chose the former, and here we are.
Kiran was gifted a Pokemon that was supposed to be good for starting off- a Gothita -as Kiran was rather unskilled in Pokemon Battling as a whole. While most "rich kids" receive a well bred Pokemon, Redmont specifically chose a runt of the litter, as he wants to further challenge Kiran. Regardless, he loves his little Gothita and she...well, tolerates him.
Pokemon Partner: Gina the Gothita (Frisk)
Region of Birth: Northwestern Kalos, where a few cities, along with Medicall Industries, is located. However it is usually looked over for it is a dead end for gyms and otherwise not very noteworthy.
Dislikes: Failure, Those who'd think Pokemon as tools rather than friends, and while he'd never admit it, also his father.
RP Example: This is the introductory post for my most recent RP. Just for context.
Hmmm.

Yeah, Gerald decided. This Ten Carat Hill place was boring...Along with pretty much the rest of the island. This Melemele place wasn’t full of exciting ventures, mostly just small sights and vistas, along with the boasted “biggest city in Alola” Hau’oli. But compared to Akala, the island he was staying at, which had a frickin’ volcano? This place was probably the least Alola had to offer.

Not that boring was a bad thing, in particular. It could’ve been dangerous instead. In fact, Gerald was quite surprised he hadn’t been roped into a mass Pokemon stealing scheme, some heinous Team Rocket plot, or mauled by wild Pokemon, knowing his terrible luck. Still, boring was boring, and Gerald was ready to get out of this hill place. It was pretty while it lasted.

“June, Switchblades, let’s get out of here.”

June, his trusty Delphox companion, had been out simply to accompany Gerald- He’d probably never say it outright, but she was his favorite- also he wasn’t about to travel around in the wilds without her heightened sense. The Switchblades were a little more of a strange choice, but for whatever reason, the two had been incredibly stubborn in...searching for something. Their diligence was appreciated in finding potential issues, even if they did run off time to time.

They could feel it. Something lurked on these islands, they could tell. Their dark lord, perhaps? It was hard to tell. So closely the swords had felt it- they saw it’s glorious face - yet why could they not recall the energy it emitted? Oh well. Something had to show up. And this Ten Carat Hill reeked of...Something. While they hadn’t found the something, they had been searching all afternoon- it obviously wasn’t on the surface, what they were searching for. And long as boring old Gerald and the fox were around, they weren’t going underground. Not that there seemed to be any way to go into the earth...With a grunt, they returned to their trainer’s side.

To even get into Ten Carat Hill’s interior, one would have to go through a small cave, not particularly dangerous or imposing. As Gerald head towards it, his Pokemon in tow, the Switchblades took one last bitter look…

But then they saw it. Behind rusted, green machinery and vine-entangled supports, was a man made tunnel...one of those mines. Just like the Terminus Cave, on a smaller scale. And obviously relatively unknown, considering it’s disuse. With widened eyes and excitement, the swords rushed to tug and stop their fellow teammate and trainer,

June gave an angry grunt to the one tugging on her tail. She never really liked the Switchblades, finding them brutish and overly obsessed with this Dark Lord shenanigans. She was occasionally willing to throw them a bone… but not when acting like children.

Gerald was a little more receptive to the one that tugged on his vest. “What is it, Switchblades…? Oh.” Spotting the entrance to the old mine shaft and it’s various abandoned machines, yellow paint chipped away to reveal layers of rust. “What’s this?” He couldn’t help but marvel at the long unused devices and machines, how nature intertwined them with vines and moss. Presumably what used to be an office, or some sort of work house, had been similarly broken and destroyed by time, It’s few standing walls littered with graffiti, spouting profanity and faded pictures. No doors, no roof, no windows, and what appeared to be inside was plant life along with dull art of rebellious teens.

And finally the entrance to the mines- unstable looking and eerily quiet. Above the entrance were some words that reminded him of another spooky cave, “STARE INTO THE ABIS”. They probably meant abyss, but the misspelling kinda took away the effect of the words, but the cave nevertheless was still ominous. The Switchblades eagerly awaited for Gerald to go in and follow, but June was quite apprehensive. Terminus was a big and open cave, but this was a full on claustrophobic mine. She was not going to let that get on the next list of scarring locations.

Gerald, while certainly not the sharpest tool in the shed, but he wasn’t a dull one either. And from personal experience, this was bad news. “Yeaaah...Sorry guys, gonna say no to this one. I’m not going into a third death cave, thank you very much.”

With a metallic sigh, the Switchblades crossed their feelers in annoyance. Usually Gerald was dumb enough to fall into their plans...erm, all two of them they pulled off. Inversely, June sighed if relief. A bullet dodged, thankfully.

“Well, come on guys! Let’s get going again!” Gerald said, changing the subject and leaving the mine behind, in favor of the exit to Ten Carat Hill. June followed closely by, the Switchblades trailing back a little, still disappointed at not exploring the underground and finding their lord.

But deep within the Ten Carat Mines, in the very depths, dim multi-colored lights shone. Something powerful shook those old supports, cracking them under their burdens. Awakened were mammoth beings, ready to defend their territories and feed in the mine they called home, brought into action by that unseen force...stone ceilings threatening to fall, bringing down the ground above.

The very depths called, and the mines answered.

Coolio, glad to be here. I went ahead and posted, and I think I got everything down. Put Kiran in a situation in which he can be interacted with if anyone really wants to. Otherwise he'll just go ahead and buy some stuff and head towards the forest.

I'd love to join, if spots are still open! Although, I would also like to know; which generation does it follow as far as PokeMart prices are concerned? I notice that Potions are apparently 200 a piece, which is only in Generation VII, I believe. At the same time, Antidotes are also 200 (again, only in Gen 7), so there's a bit of a price discrepancy, I think.

@MegaAbsol, yes we still have spots open, and I'm sorry about the confusion. Usually in SM I simply got rid of the poison or any status condition in the Pokemon Care Mechanism, and mainly bought Full Heals. (I know, I'm cheap). I'd say let's keep prices Gen V and that includes when certain things become available. So things like Super Potions, Repels, and Awakenings can't be purchased until 1 badge. This leaves us with only Pokeballs, Potions, Antidotes, and Paralyze Heals.

No Badge = Pokeballs, Potions, Antidotes, and Paralyze Heals
1 Badge = Pokeballs, Potions, Antidotes, Paralyze Heals, Super Potions, Repels, Awakenings, Burn Heals, Ice Heals, and Escape Ropes
3 Badges = Pokeballs, Potions, Antidotes, Paralyze Heals, Super Potions, Repels, Awakenings, Burn Heals, Ice Heals, Escape Ropes, Great Balls, Super Repels, and Revives
5 Badges = Pokeballs, Potions, Antidotes, Paralyze Heals, Super Potions, Repels, Awakenings, Burn Heals, Ice Heals, Escape Ropes, Great Balls, Super Repels, Revives, Ultra Balls, Hyper Potions, and Full Heals
7 Badges = Pokeballs, Potions, Antidotes, Paralyze Heals, Super Potions, Repels, Awakenings, Burn Heals, Ice Heals, Escape Ropes, Great Balls, Super Repels, Revives, Ultra Balls, Hyper Potions, Full Heals, Max Potions, and Max Repels
8 Badges = All items​

Ah, I see. But I'm still confused about the maths. (I know, I'm sorry >w< bear with me...)
So a Potion is 300, so wouldn't it mean that two Pots = 600 double of which would be 1200! And a 100 Antidote which is now 200. In my opinion, overall balance for your character's purchase should be 1400.

(Why am I doing this xD Already tight on money)
(I am using this site to check prices, so please tell me if I'm wrong!)

Actually that's on me. I typed Potion but I meant Pokeballs internally. The price is right, I'm just stupid today. I need to edit that. And the cop took the extra 500 to show how people take advantage in this region quite easily.

Ah, understood. Thank you very much! ^^
And yeah, sounds rough. Out of curiosity, how would your boundaries change if your character is an older person? Could you have an evolved pokemon, or are less likely to be picked on?

The Basic Form Pokemon is simply a rule for all trainers taking this challenge. It's one of the attempts by the MPL to make the league more fair for everyone. It's one of the regulations that is used to make everything seem equal for unaware trainers coming to the region. As older trainer will be less likely to picked on, mainly because of they are seen as more serious and realistic trainers and battlers than kids.

I just thought of something. What kinds of Pokemon can be found in a large city such as This? Stray Pokemon and Pokemon that can feed on human trash as seen wild in cities all the time. I'm only asking because Jezebel already has a ghost type and ghosts are weak to their own typing so if possible, I'll have her catch something before the forest.

Probably weaker city Pokemon. Like Rattata, Meowth, Grimer, and Pidove.

And as for the ghost types, they don't really show up until night fall. So there will be some chances to catch Pokemon before nightfall.

It looks like it also addresses Kiran too as they are both on the bench. And it might be good, in my opinion, as maybe we should enter the forest in groups. As it isn't easy to cross alone and not many trainers successfully cross it their first try.

Last edited: