• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed The Merciless Mirai Region Disscussion

We weren't allowed sellable valuables like jewelry, or items that give pokemon an advantage in battle and stuff. However, it's a given that if you're romping through the wilderness for days on end, you'd have a sleeping bag and a water bottle.

EDIT: I'm trying to reestablish an old pattern of posting just once per day. It really helped me in my last RP, and I want to maintain the habit.

Last edited:
We were only allowed the things listed in my last post in the original RP, so that all trainers, rich or poor, had a technically equal start. I just wanted to check with Ry to see whether or not I should give Myrna more gear (I still might make her a little underprepared though), and ask whether or not that gear had to be listed in the summary below our asks.

Well pretty much you can have anything that isn't valuable. So you couldn't per-say bring a PDA but could bring a water bottle, because you can sell a PDA and make money off of it and not need it. A lot of things people bring, like watches, phones, and other things are quick to be confiscated, and people don't realize that they will lose it when they bring it, because they weren't planning on bringing it.

Basically, the OCs can hold nothing that can be pawned off for a significant amount of money is what I'm getting here. Talk about running with zero advantages~

That being said, I hope there were no issues with my post. Let me know if there are~

Hey, I had a neat idea. What if the further from Dolvous one got the nicer the places became? I'm saying the streets are cleaner even in the "slums", employees don't look they want to go to sleep or are complete jerks to their customers, even the guards seem more human. That being said while nice on the outside it's here the corruption of Mirai's upper class is most prominent. Basically closer to Dolvous = Scummier on the outside, further from Dolvous = Scummier on the inside. I just thought it was a neat idea, and we still need more towns past...town 2 :p

Oh, @Spoiled Bread, I'm pretty sure having a Pokedex would get you mugged, as it is a very high-tech encyclopedia of the various Pokemon created by the very Professors themselves, so it would catch quite a few thousand dollars. Also, your posts still have a lot of verbs in present-tense instead of past-tense.

@Ry_Burst, I was also thinking of having two characters, them both being siblings (2 out of 4 quadruplets; 7 siblings), and one being a hot-head while still polite, with the other being slightly mentally off but calm and collected. Meaning that the sister (the mentally off, calm, and collected) would wind down her brother from firing off at any impoliteness, and her brother would also keep her from doing anything... Too horrible... Especially when the hunger would make her snap...

Also, good idea @BurbleBurble :) I would like a sharp contrast between cities XD this one was just... oof XD

Last edited:
Also, Shadara and Pyroshu are two out of the four siblings that are quadruplets. You'll get a lot of "twinsies" happening with these two XD plus, they're quite close to one another, so their actions may make them look like their dating, when they're just BFFs and siblings with a very close bond.

Full Name: Shadara "Shade" Arcafiwhed Darastrix
Appearance: She has a black T-shirt with pink on the collar and bottom edge and pale purple on the cuffs of the sleeves, pale purple booty shorts with a black and pink gradient on the edges, black and purple sneakers, and her complexion is extremely pale with a slight bit of pink and purple. She has dark circles under her eyes from not sleeping too well, and she is pretty skinny, but she's pretty muscular, especially in the legs. She's still a healthy weight, though, being 130 lbs (58.9 kg), and 5'11" (1.7 m). Her arms are long and her fingernails are pointy. Her mid-back length hair is pale purple with pink tips and black roots. Her eyes are pink with black and pale purple specks all over the iris. The only reason of the odd color choice is the aura that exudes from her body. Her aura are the colors pink, pale purple, and black after the types Psychic, Ghost, and Dark. Since she essentially embodies these types, her appearance reflects that. She has a hand-made choker made out of twine with charms, them being Black Glasses, Darkness Amulet, Dread Plate, Spell Tag, Ghostly Amulet, Spooky Plate, Twisted Spoon, Psychic Amulet, and the Mind Plate. She also has scars all over her body, which are accentuated by the paleness and fairness of her skin. It does give her odd looks from time to time. If she wants to hide her scars, she wears a black trench coat with a hood. She also looks like a royal, if the name didn't give it away.
Personality: She is sweet and caring and would do anything to help a fellow trainer in need. The sweetness disappears if she ever finds out that the trainer is abusing their Pokemon. She becomes enraged and would even steal the Pokemon from them, making sure that the Pokemon is safe. She treats Pokemon as if they were humans, and she is more closely attuned with these Pokemon than others of her species. She is very cold and calculating when dealing with someone she doesn't like, and will often make witty comments against them. She, however, has some mental issues. She has some variation of Schizophrenia, which will activate when she doesn't get enough sleep and will only affect her vision, making her see shadows of people following her. If it gets worse, she will start to hear things. She also has Chronic Insomnia, Chronic Night Terrors, General Anxiety and Paranoia, along with being mentally insane. Since she has had experience controlling her insane self, she won't hurt others unless they get in her way. Whenever she does go insane, her voice transforms from being sweet or serious from that moment, to being shrilly and screechy. Her body even slouches than the usual upright-like-a-royal kind of position. It's best not to see her when she's angry... She acts like a royal sometimes, which would sometimes be seen as snobbish to someone else who doesn't know as much as she does and they're older. She is wise for her age, but doesn't exactly act like it, acting more like a child if anything else. She also hates putting her Pokemon in Poke Balls, so they are usually out and about. She also has perfect memory, but because of this she is prone to migraines, and will usually forget things because of those.
Backstory: She had been studying about Pokemon ever since she could read, always having a book or two with her about Pokemon (right now, it's Pokemon Genetics). It helped to study about Pokemon when her mother was a collector and still trying to collect all the Pokemon in her 60 years of living to grow her ranch, known as the "Darastrix Ranch". When she was 6, Shade's siblings and her got sent into the nearby forest by their parents and the Pokemon there taught them how to fight like a Fighting-Type, how to think logically like a Psychic-Type, and how to be cruel like a Dark-Type. Only Shade ever took the cruelty training seriously, while her brothers took the Fighting-Type training seriously, and they all equally took the Psychic-Type training seriously. After four years of "studying" under them and understanding the minds of Pokemon, they went back to their parents as stronger and smarter beings. They then went to high schools around the regions, spending at least a year or less in them, due to being homeschooled for a year prior their first high school. Although, after she hit puberty, her once blonde hair and light blue eyes became the flurry of colors they are now, and her skin became tainted with those colors, as well. Her personality even mirrors those of the Pokemon that have the typing Psychic, Ghost, and Dark. This caused her to snap when she feels like something was unjust and will attack anybody around her. Her brothers had to snap her out of it, and even she has a more explosive temper than her hot-headed brother, who has a shorter fuse than her.

She heard about the Mirai region and its dark setting. She knew that if she gave her Alakazam the coordinates, he could always rescue her and her brother before they end up dying. She wanted to go alone, but that wasn't exactly possible since her brother is extremely protective and wants her to be safe. They got the money from her father, who works as an inventor.
Pokemon Partner: Gastly (Ghast, Female, Levitate)
Region of Birth: Cocona Village, Oblivia; lives North of Mt. Moon, Kanto.
Likes: Pokemon, loyalty, compassion, strength, sweet flavors, violins, didgeridoos.
Dislikes: People, dishonesty, abandoned Pokemon, unfair systems, spicy and bitter flavors, bad music playing.

Full Name: Pyroshu "Pyros" Rastrixen Darastrix
Appearance: He has a red tank-top with a royal blue jacket he refuses to button up, black combat boots, and his complexion has a reddish tint. He's extremely muscular, especially in the arms and stomach. He's 220 lbs (99.79 kg), and 6'04" (1.93 m). His arms aren't as long as his sister's, but they are twice the width. His short, flaming hair is red with yellow and orange flame-like colors here and there, and the roots being a royal blue. His eyes are royal blue with red specks thrown about the iris. The only reason of the odd color choice is the aura that exudes from his body. His aura are the colors red and royal blue after the types Fire and Dragon. Since he essentially embodies these types, his appearance reflects that. He has a hand-made necklace made out of twine with charms, them being Dragon Scale, Dragon Fang, Draco Plate, Charcoal, Fire Amulet, and Flame Plate. In contrast to his sister's scars, his scars are few and far between, but since he proudly wears his scars, he's more prone to showing them off in a show that he's been in dangerous situations before and still living. He also looks like a royal, if the name didn't give it away.
Personality: Because of his aura being like that of the Fire- and Dragon-Type Pokemon, he can be extremely stubborn, territorial, protective, impulsive, and quick to anger. Despite these bad traits, he's fatherly, brotherly, and sweet and nice to people he considers friends and family. He'll do anything for them and extremely loyal, but will ignore orders to protect the ones he loves most. He's not cunning in battle, but will have his moments. He's mostly about raw power and prowess than getting around a Pokemon's defenses.
Backstory: He had been studying about Pokemon ever since he could read, always being around them and learning how they behave. It helped to study about Pokemon when his mother was a collector and still trying to collect all the Pokemon in her 60 years of living to grow her ranch, known as the "Darastrix Ranch". When he was 6, Pyros' siblings and him got sent into the nearby forest by their parents and the Pokemon there taught them how to fight like a Fighting-Type, how to think logically like a Psychic-Type, and how to be cruel like a Dark-Type. Pyros, along with his quadruplet brothers, took the Fighting-Type training seriously, and they all equally took the Psychic-Type training seriously. After four years of "studying" under them and understanding the minds of Pokemon, they went back to their parents as stronger and smarter beings. They then went to high schools around the regions, spending at least a year or less in them, due to being homeschooled for a year prior their first high school. Although, after he hit puberty, his once dirty blonde hair and dark blue eyes became the flurry of colors they are now, and his skin became tainted with those colors, as well. His personality even mirrors those of the Pokemon that have the typing Fire and Dragon. This caused him to snap in anger when he feels like something was unjust and will attack or a pick a fight with anybody who had tried to harm his friends or family. Although, his explosive temper usually leaves quickly unless stoked like the fires in a fireplace or a bonfire. Even though he has a short fuse, he also has to stop his sister from exploding out of pure insanity at times, whose temper rivals that of his own.

He heard about the Mirai region and its dark setting from his sister. He insisted on going with her, to protect her if anything bad happens.
Pokemon Partner: Fletchling (Male, Fiaro, Gale Wings)
Region of Birth: Cocona Village, Oblivia; lives North of Mt. Moon, Kanto.
Likes: Fire, Dragons, Spicy food, Pokemon, Honesty, Responsibility, Compassion, Passion, Singing, Dancing, Drums.
Dislikes: Anybody wanting to hurt his family or friends, unjust society, abandoned Pokemon, horrible sounding music.

The sun was about to slip under the horizon, sending rays of gold, pink, and purple hues across the sky as it descended further behind the mountain, known as Mt. Moon. The trees shimmered in the dimming light, as if to catch the sunlight before it disappeared. The nearby flock of Pidgeys swooped on some nearby trees to rest for the night and clean themselves and each other before nightfall. The Hoothoots and their parents slowly chirped awake and hooted at the stunning colors of the sky before their hunger called them to find some tiny Bug-Type or rodent Pokemon to feed on.

Joining them in the splendor were Pokemon owned by people in a ranch, known as Darastrix Ranch. The ranch extended several hundred acres to accommodate the vast amount of Pokemon that the matriarch of the ranch caught in her 60 years of living. Joining these ranch-owned Pokemon was a young man by the name of Pyroshu, also known as Pyros for short. He was on top of the three-story roof of their home, staring at the spectacle before him. He smiled and sighed calmly, letting the calming chirps and the pitter-patter of Pokemon on the ground blow through him and calm his once angry soul. Why was he angry? His sister.

His siblings always made him angry, and this was his spot to calm himself down if anything went out of hand, which wasn't common. The main reason he was so angry was because he heard from his sister that she was leaving to Mirai, some region with a horrid economy and a terrible way of living. If he lost a gym battle three times, no matter where, he could get his license revoked. They've had their license since they were quite young, since it was mandatory for identification purposes, and he hadn't lost a single gym battle, nor his sister. Thankfully, they both trained their Pokemon quite extensively before they do a gym battle, which caused the gym leaders to have to go all out with weaker Pokemon. The license revoke still made him uncomfortable, and rightly so. Not only would they get their licenses confiscated, but would also lose their Pokemon. He told her about the dangers that could happen, but her callous remark of "I'll be fine" and "Quit worrying so much" caused his anger to boil over. Instead of unleashing on her, he retreated to his roost up atop the house, to calm down and watch the sun descend.

He heard a creak of a trapdoor opening up. His sister, he presumed. He didn't need to turn around to know it was her. He just knew. He could feel himself getting angrier again, but she usually came back to him to apologize. Then again, she was stubborn, and would most likely leave anyway. He sighed, and told her: "You're forgiven. But it's still dangerous."

Her soft voice, contrast to his raspy, baritone, rock voice, replied: "That's why I'm thinking about taking you with me."

Pyros whirled around, a surprised look on his face as he took in the message that was just sent to him. He was coming with? What about the ranch? Before he could object, his sister raised her hand to shush him before continuing:

"Don't worry, brother. Our siblings will know when we leave and will come back to take care of the Pokemon here. Besides, since you're so protective, it would only make sense to have you come with me on this grand and dangerous adventure-"

"And just so easily ruin our pockets, Shadara," Pyros smirked, her name rolled off his tongue, the r's being rolled as was how their names should be pronounced. He gave her a flyer about Mirai, and she took it, reading it over with her eyes, scattered with black and pale purple specks all around those pink irises. She frowned and saw that she could only take 3,000 Pokeyen. It would only make sense, though, thieves were common.

Just then, her face sparked with an idea, but Pyros, knowing that look all too well, quickly interjected before she has a chance to speak: "No, you won't be doing anything illegal over there. We will try our best to do this without stealing or committing to thievery. That won't get us anywhere-"

"And what would happen if we ran out of money? The Pokecenters, as this flyer talks about, actually cost quite a large chunk of your money to heal and stay the night, and the Pokemarts are twice the amount of stores from Unova."

Pyros sighed in defeat. He shook his head, thinking about what they should do. Shadara, or who was known as Shade, spoke with a slight smirk: "If we can't seem to do this without thievery, we would just have to indulge in it for a bit. You don't have to steal anything, but I can. Besides, having a Ghost-Type helps in that sort of endeavor."

"If those two can affect each other," Pyros said with a smirk, remembering his teachings. Shade just giggled a little before sighing and returning back through the hatch she came from.

"Dinner's ready. You should probably come down. It's your favorite: Curry."

With that, Shade left Pyros up on the roof. He ran his calloused fingers through his flaming red and royal blue hair before taking one longing look at the sky. It was getting darker, with purples and darker blues staining the sky as the light of the world disappeared behind the mountain, casting a dark shadow to overtake a large portion of the ranch. Pyros stood up on the sloped roof, and headed through the hatch, his usual toothy grin appeared as he rejoined his three sisters and three brothers and his parents to dinner.

Last edited:

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Ayy, thank you for the reminder! Sometimes i wonder if I should go all out and change all verb to past tense or is there some exception. Welp, I still have a lot to learn.
Unless there's very good reason to do so, you should always write in past tense when writing RP posts. :)

@Ashen Miko, exactly. It’s one of the things set aside by the MPL to make things a bit more of a blanket regulation, so that everyone starts off more equal.

@Spoiled Bread, I actually covered a Pokedex in my last post. You might want to review that, as it explained a lot of how it would be treated in Mirai.

@Pretty Pichu, I have no problem with you having two characters as long as you have a character sheet for both of them.

@BurbleBurble, that’s a very solid idea, and have been thinking about how the later towns could be introduced and portrayed. Another note, is that while things will be less scummier, there will also be a lot of stress upon younger challengers, which will be even greater in later towns as they are getting farther than others. Usually the more accepted ages are from around late twenties to late thirties. Young adults are often discriminated on, as trainers.

I'm fast-forwarding Matt in time to the Lost Souls Forest. We're overdue for hunting pokemon in this pokemon rp, so whichever one of you (just one, please) is sticking with Matt, come along. Post'll be up in ten to fifteen minutes.

I'm willing to go with whoever, I'm going to make a post but end it ambiguously so whoever wants to join Kiran can join him.

I also want to apologize for being a little on the slow side. The RP is moving a little faster than I'm used to, but I'm trying to make sure I don't keep everyone down with Kiran too long.

I'm fine with whoever as well, though I can see Myrna trying to manipulate herself into more situations and a friendship with Kiran because of his connections to a medical company (and eventually do the same thing with Eleanor once she learns of the research she'll be doing). However, it'd be kind of socially weird to just "hey nice to meet you oh wait new people are here? I'll let one of them swap places with me haha bYE" so she can join Matt and Sven right now if no one else has an issue with it. Ultimately, I'll let @Ashen Miko decide who she'd rather be with before I try to make any decisions myself.

Coin flip (and the character's general preference) dictates that she will be staying with Myrna and Kiran. Will have the post up in a few minutes.

Apologies if any errors pop up.

Last edited:
Coin flip (and the character's general preference) dictates that she will be staying with Myrna and Kiran. Will have the post up in a few minutes
I was under the impression one group would be Sven + Matt + [Character] and the other group would be whichever two were left over, so we still had some interaction with PFN. I tried to say this before the post went up, so...I could join up with Sven and Matt I suppose? But then there's the fact that your post is up already...

Hopefully I've managed to catch you because it is way too late where I live and I kinda wanted to get my post out.

I was under the impression one group would be Sven + Matt + [Character] and the other group would be whichever two were left over, so we still had some interaction with PFN. I tried to say this before the post went up, so...I could join up with Sven and Matt I suppose? But then there's the fact that your post is up already...

Hopefully I've managed to catch you because it is way too late where I live and I kinda wanted to get my post out.

I guess that would be more optimal. If necessary, I can edit the post depending on wherever you decide to go. Sorry for messing things up since, in retrospect, what you're suggesting does make more sense.

Tehepero~

I guess that would be more optimal. If necessary, I can edit the post depending on wherever you decide to go. Sorry for messing things up since, in retrospect, what you're suggesting does make more sense.

Tehepero~
No worries. I won't be able to get a post out tonight unfortunately. Luckily I can get one out potentially early tomorrow. Or at least at a reasonable EST time :)

It gives me more time to think it over anyways.

We also have people who are joining and haven’t made many or any posts yet. (due to not posting their bio or other regions.) So they’re will be other people available to travel with. So there will be other options for people to join the group, so they could go with Matt, or something along that. Remember, not everyone has to have their ground decided and ready to go, this early on. Time will tell depending on everyone’s interactions.

Welp, this is later than it should be. Apologies. Time to whip out an OC!

Full Name: Valeriya Mikhailov
Appearance: With long black tresses, and grey-green eyes, Valeriya is a charming young lady to look at. In accordance to the traditional Phenac dress, she wears loose flowing apparel with plenty of cloth pieces. Her lengthy hair is tied up with ribbons or plaited into a single loose braid, but it's more common for her to leave it loose, with perhaps a cloth headband for the warmer days. They tend to fall in natural steps, endearingly framing her heart-shaped face. Her favourite set of clothing consists of a black tank top, over which she throws on a hooded jacket, held together at the waist by a cloth belt (literally a strip of cloth, which accounts for the gradating ends). She's usually seen wearing comfortable pants, over knee length durable boots. Being brought up on a farm, by profession, Valeriya is a lithe, healthy girl with a graceful frame and wiry strength in her limbs. By habit, she carries a sling bag, from which useful tidbits are often produced. There is a vibrance about her, a light flowery scent that lingers about her that reminds one of the beautiful, capricious, reluctant spring, lingering along through April and May in a succession of sweet, fresh, chilly days, with pink sunsets and miracles of resurrection and growth. A plain black choker rests at her neck, framing a small heart charm made of silver, with an inscription in an unknown language.
Personality: Wayward, thoughtful, but absent-minded may be some better ways to describe Valeriya. Her mind is typically all over the place, and her common discussions are just as scattered and non-linear and they travel with her train of thought. This causes her to hold curiosity in a wide variety of things, most of which pop into her head on a whim. While her mind may be like this, her mood typically doesn't change from a few scattered emotions. Her default feeling is that of quiet calmness, but she's very impacted by stress and has been known to snap at others when met with a situation she wasn't prepared for or has found she can't handle. She's the type of person who needs to be prepared and study a situation, so sudden, unexpected or chaotic occurrences that catch her off guard make her fall back into a mental haze and regress into more irate and hostile tenancies.

She's almost an open book through her expressions and this makes her a horrid liar. She's an escapist and when met with a situation she can't handle and the resulting frustration because of it, it's not uncommon for her to seclude herself to be alone for a while, throw on some headphones and just blast music to escape the weight of the world or any sort of daunting task for a while. She also loves to go for walks late at night and admire the stars and get away from life for a while. She's also prone to obsessive behaviors. When met with a certain task or question, she'll stop at nothing in order to understand it using whatever it takes.

She conducts herself in an intellectual mannerism and usually makes note of the mannerisms of everything around her in order to better understand the situation. While she herself is easily read, so too does she easily read people. She's often one of the first people to recognize when others are worried about something, avoiding a subject, or have something else on their mind. These small observations also help her be aware of when someone's actions contradict their words, although she never assumes that they're lying as a result since their body may be unconsciously meaning something else. Because she traveled so frequently in her life, she was rarely around peers her own age in order to learn proper social skills. As a result, she's awkward in conversation, and despite her best efforts, it's not something she's particularly good at. An academic discussion or debate can get her talking for hours... small talk on the other hand, not so much. She's an excellent mediator, though, as she always speaks her mind toward others and doesn't lie for the sake of sparing feelings. She was taught to be direct and to-the-point, so that's exactly what she does. If she notices her words create offense or negative reactions, whether shown by facial expressions or words in kind, she'll at least try to avoid bringing up the subject in the future but she won't take back what was said.

If she had a moral compass, it would rest on neutral. She takes moral actions that she believes is right at the time despite what the majority may feel. This means she's very open to mistakes and her current feelings and frame of mind influence her moral decisions. Her sense of humor consists of terrible puns, references to things that mostly go over other's heads, and dry, sarcastic wit.
Backstory: Born in Phenac to a modest household, an only child to two hardworking managers of said farm, Val had an easy childhood, spent playing among brooks and copses with the family pokemon. As was life, the first big change occurred when they moved to Sinnoh, in the 10th year of Val’s life, for a better business opportunity, leaving behind the sprawling acres for a frozen wasteland; atleast in Val’s eyes. Set high in the mountains, their new dwelling was far from the sunshine and the open fields Val loved and remembered. But as time passes, memories fade. Valeriya grew used to her thick, fur-laden apparel, learnt more about Sinnoh culture and even took up ice-skating. But while the vitality of youth held her in good stead, her father took ill, slowly growing worse as the cold settled in his body. It was excruciating, watching him grow sicker by inches. And so, with her hands full with an adolescent child and an ill husband, her brave mother took the initiative to move back to Phenac; back to the land of warmth and their oasis-fueled farm. Val had stayed in Sinnoh for over 5 years, and returning to the house of her childhood dreams was vastly different from what she remembered. Her education had been fragmented and irregular, and so, while her mother nursed the suffering father, Val threw herself into her studies, with passion and vigour unlike before.

Doing her best to distract herself from her muddle of disappointed and expectant emotions, she found solace in learning about Pokemon. Her parents had always been supportive, and decided to send her, on her incessant request, to the closest large official league; Mirai. The added level of difficulty didn’t dampen the ambitions of the fiercely competitive girl, and the examples of the very real danger, and the subtle power-play of the government couldn’t faze the headstrong girl. Warnings of the examples of crushed dreams fell to deaf ears, and perhaps it takes an experience for a lesson to be learnt…
Pokemon Partner: Malachite, the male Larvitar
Region of Birth: Phenac city, Orre.
Likes: Challenging herself, being proved right, most quadruped pokemon, sweets, ice cream, reading, drawing
Dislikes: Crowds, loud noises, braggarts and liars, not knowing something, her occasional awkward stumbling, her own social anxiety
Other: Her parents made her promise to return if she failed a single gym challenge, and she intends to honour that promise. They are, after all, her parents and they only want to look out for her well-being.

RP Example:

If she thought being damp and grumpy in the dead of night was uncomfortable, Nyx had clearly not socialized for a while. Her drying hair had grown coarse from the particulate matter of the river, and Abyss' fur would've crusted up to a most disagreeable mess. And yet here she was, elbow deep (alright, not literally, but it didn't feel much better) in someone's blood, an injury she was more or less obliged to see healed. Or so she thought, until he proved her wrong.

Blissfully unaware of the Flaaffy's gaze upon her, of the dilemma the boy struggled with, hunted for blood and tech, of the perverse amusement the Typhlosion she had so admired took in her social shortcomings, Nyx grimly hung at the boy's side, single-mindedly going through the motions of cleaning out the wound as her mind raced. It was clear her thoughts kept returning to the prospect of abandoning her pursuits and sleeping, to the situation at hand (which she'd more or less accepted as a hopeless case; she couldn't understand her own self) and to the potentials of tomorrow. Struggling to organize her thoughts and think linearly, logic seemed as elusive to her as the comforts of sleep.

Noting the quiet question of 'This is your house?' and ignoring it, her gaze rose to rest on his face for a second before she shyly dropped it again. The blood wouldn't stop flowing and she was weighing her options of either applying pressure until it did or simply sewing it up as the male spoke again. This time with a suggestion of cauterizing the wound. She looked up again, this time in surprise and a small amount of shock. Her breath hitched; this was the same idea she had considered back at the riverside, but somehow now the idea seemed less appealing than ever.

She let the silence settle after the male's words, thoughtfully gazing down at the wound. It was true that it was large, and deep, but not worryingly so, and burning it shut might have more cons to it than pros. Digging up what limited information she had regarding this certain branch of medical attention, she pursed her lips, internally debating about the sense of it all. This time, her response came quicker, information easily flowing into a narrative.

"A wound cauterization would make that side stiff forever. And it'll stop the bleeding for now, but it'll raise the chances of infection. Burning a clean wound shut leaves dead tissue inside, impaired circulation and an environment for bacteria to thrive. You'd also have to drain the infected liquid collecting under your skin," She paused to take a breath here, quickening the pace of her speech, "which would have to be done professionally. Your nerve endings will turn raw," she squinted, trying to simulate a burn wound, "and almost certainly turn gangrenous. Which also would need to be burnt away." There! So many reasons why that was a bad idea. Quite the debate victory.

She paused again, taking the time to steady her breathing, her heartbeat having picked up at the queerest of times. Perhaps it was the fact that she was lecturing this poor boy who didn't want to hear it, or the fact that she believed she was actively communicating, helping. Either way, she weighed her options, snatching a glimpse of the bandages by her side out of the corner of her eye. "I'd say stitching it would be better." While she had managed to say so with an air of bravado, her clenched fists drew closer to her chest; she secretly hoped he wouldn't agree. Terrible memories appeared in flashes, as best as her memory could serve, and the sewing operation wasn't something she was particularly looking forward to. She hesitantly turned her face to the suture materials she had laid out - just in case. Which, in hindsight, wasn't her brightest idea.

I'm okay with going with Sven and Matt too, since Myrna kind of teamed up with them first. I guess I'm fine whichever way though. Perhaps we'll just finish sorting this out once everyone is online, because I'm not sure whose post I should respond to now.

I could also rewrite the post to have Eleanor have gone with Sven and Matt. Granted, coming up with a way to fit Eleanor in was kinda difficult for me late at night so I ended up using a coin toss to reinforce that.

That being said, we could always go full RNG to determine who the person that goes with Matt and Sven is (in full Pokemon game fashion) since everyone is offering.

I was going to offer to go with Eleanor, thus making Myrna go with Sven and Matt since someone needs to make a decision. Sorry if that came off as passive aggressive, but this way Miko doesn't need to rewrite her whole post but just edit out the parts with Myrna.

Okay, is that settled now?...Still coming off as super passive aggresive :p

Yeah, I'm fine with that. I'll go with Matt and Sven, and you two can go off together as well. That logically makes the most sense anyways.

No worries about sounding passive-aggressive. It was my screw-up that made this little mess anyways.

That sounds fine with me if you two are okay with it. I'll quick edit my post to fit that.

@Pretty Pichu, almost accepted. My problem that prevents it is minor. Rule number 1, of the MPL Rules, where you have to start with a Base Form Pokemon with an Evolution. And Pyros has a Turtonator. Change it into a Pokemon that can evolve and you'll be accepted. There is two reasons for this rule. One to mark a sign of change for the OCs, and to add some early challenge, as a Pokemon who can't evolved, would normally have a decent stats, which would be higher then most others. However his sister is accepted now.

@MegaAbsol, accepted. Welcome to the Mirai region!

Full Name: Levi Crowel
Appearance: Short spiky dark brown hair the falls to the left and dark scruff lining his chin, emerald green eyes, sun kissed skin, athletic toned build, several scars on his upper torso from rigorous training. Black open jacket with a white undershirt, dark blue fitted jeans, and black shoes white white trim.
Personality: Relaxed and friendly nature. He gives off an experienced and upfront vibe, and due to spending his life dedicated to training and researching pokemon, he can easily form strong bonds with them at a moment's notice. The perfect mix of kind and gentle, yet stern and disciplined. Although when in a party or festive environment he becomes the complete opposite.

Backstory:
(Levi's my main pokemon OC so his backstories HUGE at this point, ill just leave a timeline.)

Kanto: Born on Cinnabar Island, later moved to Pallet town in order to study under Professor Oak. Age 1-14.

Hoenn: Researched the strange evolutionary traits of the Nincada line and took on the Hoenn League but failed, ranking in the top 10 at age 16. Later taking on the Hoenn Champion Steven at 17, unfortunately not winning this battle either.

Kanto: Returned once completing his journey in Hoenn, only to travel the region with a group of friends and eventually tie in the Kanto League, becoming co-champion alongside his friend Darrius at age 18.

Mt. Silver: Spent roughly a year and half training on top of and inside the mountain,19 upon leaving.

Unova: Traveled to this region to reunite with his old friends and took on the Unova League but lost in the semi-finals at age 20.

Johto: Traveled the region and took on the Johto League, ranking in the top 4 at age 21. He later took on Elite Four Koga, defeating him in an extremely close match at age 22.

Sinnoh: Traveled the region and took on the Sinnoh League, becoming the champion of Sinnoh at age 23. Had a rematch against Steven, tieing with the Hoenn Champ at age 24.

Pokemon Partner:
Shelldar
Region of Birth: Cinnabar Island, Kanto
Dislikes: Sashimi, overconfident people, hot days.
RP Example:
Vincent scowled as he looked at the poor condition of the pub he was supposed to conduct this 'meeting' in. He walked in quietly, surveying the room and all the grimy looking people inhabiting in. Nothing interesting caught his eye, just some drunks. Although one young man who had a few to many seemed to be agitating a group of not so friendly looking guys off in the corner, he payed them no mind, expecting the drunk to simply be beaten down if he were to try anything.
"Tch. Talk about off the map." He mumbled, glancing over at a hooded figure sitting at the brown leather booth in the corner of the bar. He walked over to the figure and took a seat across from them, adjusting his goggles so they wouldnt cause glare on the gently swaying light above the table.
"Eros, good to see you made it here undetected, although I must say, the location seems a bit out there for this kind of work." He finished, glancing over his shoulder at an older man who had been flirting with one of the girls a little to much, she smacked him across the face before storming out, his friends erupting with laughter at his failed attempt.
"Im aware, but I had to be sure the transaction is safe." The hooded figure responded in a low, rough voice, sliding a metal box out from under his robe and shifting it across the table towards Vincent.
"Hmp, glad to see your as reliable as ever." He noted, grabbing the box before sliding what seemed to be a dense roll of bills back toward Eros.
"Pleasure doing business with you." The dark hooded figure spoke, his toothy smile just visible in the shadows.

This is Levi's personal timeline, Ry Burst's travels may have been alternate, but it still fits his story. Its one of the reasons the only other trainer name I included was Darrius, to prevent continuity issues. Worst comes to worst this is an 'alternate Levi' and I dont add the Mirai Region to his background info.

@Mystic Zander, there's a 500 PokeYen entrance fee, to enter the league, which you are sent to, the second you get there. So you might wannna mention that. Also, you would be at 1,100 PokeYen. (Also you said it cost 1,000 which with just the two Pokeballs and two Potions, woud cost 1,400 PokeYen. And considering you said he made you paid for three, (assuming I read your post right) so you would lose 1,800.

Ill add the entrance fee, my bad. The botched prices were because I originally didnt plan for him to get stiffed (or that many pokeballs) but changed it later. Ill fix it.

Last edited: