• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join The Logea Region Awaits

Kate, now fully anxious about whether or not she had money, checked her purse just in case. Inside she discovered... nothing but a gum pack. "Uhm, actually I'm gonna second that. Grey would it be alright if I grabbed a bit of that food as well? We're kind of uh, broke". Kate asked, totally embarrassed about the situation. Mincinno gave Kate a look of disappointment.

"Eh, I'm neither. I studied some with Professor Oak in Kanto, Juniper in Unova. I spend a lot of time in nature, so cooking and understanding eating habits comes with the territory. If you don't know how your Pokemon live in the wild, with other Pokemon, then I think they suffer for it." He told Nic.

"And yes, Kate, take as much as you need. I go into the wild every morning and forage for ingredients if you'd want to join me?"

AlolanOreo

Previously pocky ✨
Nic nodded. "Gardevoir, return," she said, poker face back on, though she couldn't help the smallest of smiles. "How'd you like that, Froakie?" Nic whispered. "Tomorrow, or maybe even later today, we'll figure out some combos for you. And if you want, we can help you learn some new Moves," she added quietly, patting Froakie's head.

"Oh that sounds spectacular! I'd love to do that, I've always wanted to be able to cook, since I tend to get into situations like this one quite a bit." Kate happily accepted the food from Grey, and gave some to Mincinno, and some to Azurill, leaving a bit for Cubchoo later, whenever it decides to wake up. Both lit up at the delicious treats. "Wow, it looks like they both really like it. Compliments to the chef!" Kate said, humorously bowing to Grey's cooking.

Grey gave Kate a sheepish smile and scratched at his eyebrow with a nervous index finger. "It just takes practice and communication. Your Pokemon will show you what they want. You just have to figure out how to put that puzzle together."

He pointed toward the beach, where David was walking to.

"Let's get back to the beach and enjoy the rest of the day. Forget about those helicopter weirdos and enjoy the weather."

Kate looked over at the bench, and saw the scenic view it gave. Kate raced over, plopped down, and finally relaxed after a good while of craziness. Kate stared into the waves, waves that crashed into each other, until eventually calming down once more. Kate watched this cycle of ocean again and again, until eventually dozing off and falling asleep, along with her pokemon.

Grey returned to his chair and umbrella, the spot he'd staked earlier. From a mini-cooler next to the chair, he grabbed a foil-wrapped sandwich and a cold drink and had some lunch.

When he finished nourishing, he collected Krabby, who had made many water-type friends that day, and set him up along the rocks with Vigoroth. The two practiced together, with Krabby hardening his shell and hitting Vigoroth with bubblebeams, and Vigoroth focusing energy and slashing at Krabby.

Grey then set up Koffing with, Galvantula, bored and in need of something to do. Galvantula would practice agility and double teams and avoiding poison smoke and toxic spikes. Koffing was charged with dodging electric-type attacks as well, from the fast and evasive spider Pokemon.

With a moment to spare, Grey got Crobat and Hitmonlee from the Pokemon Center, and set them to working out as well. Hitmonlee had to dodge every flying type attack from Crobat, while working on the accuracy of his Hi Jump Kicks.

Satisfied that his Pokemon were well at work, Grey found some space near them all and joined them in their training, jogging between them, occasionally asking one of the Pokemon to divert their attack to him, or to dodge one of his strikes. He felt this kind of coordinated training vastly outweighed directing Pokemon training like some sort of zookeeper.

Firey and Gustav had kept up with the Group as they arrived at the beach. Gustav had brought out Pansear so he could explore the beach as Firey started a training regiment for Incineroar.

"Ariana is half way there, it seems that Honchkrow found her." Firey whispered.

The other of Firey's Pokemon had their own regiments, except Honchkrow.

-------

Ariana had been walking through the local route when she spotted a Honchkrow flying towards her.

"A Honchkrow?" Ariana asked.

"Sylveon!" Her Sylveon called out.

"Honchkrow, lead me to Firey." Ariana called out after she realized that this Pokemon was Firey's.

The bird squawked and led the way.

It’s two days before the day of the contest. “Noibat, use Wing Attack. Eevee, use Swift. And Mudkip, use Mud Slap.” The three Pokémon used their moves on one another and the all collided. “Great work. Now Mudkip, use Water Gun on Eevee. And Eevee use Quick Attack on Mudkip.” When Mudkip was shooting out water from it’s mouth, Eevee was maneuvering out of the way with Quick Attack and then the move hit Mudkip. “Good job. This is all the training we’re going to do for right now. How about I take you guys out to the ice cream stand.” They all agreed. “Sweet. Now let’s go.”
David reached the stand and ordered his food. “You guys are the best friends I could ever ask for.” David smiled as well as his other Pokémon. “You know, when this egg hatches, it will be our new friend as well. So let’s treat it good.” David took out the egg and looked at it. Please hatch soon. You’ll make the best partner.

AlolanOreo

Previously pocky ✨
Nic was extremely excited for the Contest and was training. Is it going to be a Double Performance? she still wondered. "Raichu, use Thunderbolt upwards, and Gardevoir, you use Moonblast, upwards as well," she said, watching as the two attacks intertwined and then, once they were high enough in the air, exploded like fireworks. "Whoa," Nic muttered. She didn't think it was going to go so well, since it hadn't done anything close to that the other times they'd done that combo. "We're definitely ready. We might not win, but at least we'll have fun! And we'll also see who the Coordinators of the Logea region are, and how they do things here. So we'll definitely be prepared for the next Contests!"
"Raichu, rai!" Raichu cheered enthusiastically, and in agreement with Nic. Gardevoir was silent, but both Nic and Raichu could tell that Gardevoir, too, was excited, although the Pokémon did not show it.

The next few days, Kate trained with her Pokemon for the upcoming contest, and eventual gym battle. Well, less train, more explore around town. Kate got sidetracked very fast, and often found herself simply admiring the sights of Shoreside City, buying good food and trinkets of her adventures. But, sometimes Kate did do some practice with Mincinno and Azurill. Cubchoo would watch from a distance, and most of the time stay resting. Mincinno had already been getting its tricks down and perfected, so it helped the new Azurill gets its footing, and get some practice with the new moves it learned over time. "Great job guys! Soon, we'll be ready for that contest, and it'll be spectacular!" Kate cheered, sitting with Cubchoo. "Though, we'll definitely have some competition. That Nic sure seems experienced, and her Gardevoir and Raichu are sure to put up a good show..." Mincinno cried at Kate, interrupting her train of thought. "Right, what am I saying? We got this! Actually, let's take a break, we should catch up with everyone!". Kate returned Cubchoo to its ball, and allowed Cincinno to climb on it's shoulder, while Azurill followed, bouncing.

“We are not going to crash the contest in two days. We need to wait for the right time to strike.” Neil paused for a while. “If you even TRY to do ANYTHING I will kick you out of the group. So no crashing the contest.” Neil flew his helicopter back to their base in Rising City.

“Aww man, guess I gotta crash it by myself.” He thought. “Besides I’m not wearing the outfit, so they won’t know I’m with them.” He stretched and went outside. “What’s the best way to crash the contest” he said aloud, but away from earshot. “I know, I’ll join and crush the contest, that sounds fun.” He then smiled and said “Zorua, I got a good idea.”

Grey didn't come across as much a disciplined man but he ran on routine. A schedule built after outlines and rough drafts of schedules. He woke up and sorted through notebooks of feeding and exercise charts, daily and weekly goals and to-do's.

He slept on the beach under his umbrella, sprawled out across a chair far too small for him.

Awake at 5 am, Grey would go with Crobat and Galvantula to gather ingredients to cook. He had breakfast ready for everybody by 7, and was off training by eight.

They trained until 11, when Grey stopped to prepare lunch. By 1, Grey would finish up a quick reading or nap break and get back to training until 4 or 5. If he needed to forage more, he would. If not, he'd wander with Crobat overhead and Galvantula by his side.

They'd cook dinner around 5 or 6 and get to feeding an hour later. After that, Grey left his Pokemon to their devices - to train or wander or nap as they so chose. Often he'd sit and prepare a schedule and to-do lists for the following day or week, or hed sit and read or nap some more.

Grey lived on routine.

Emilio was out and about in Shadow City. “I guess I should head back to my gym.” Emilio walked back to where his gym was. He walked inside. “Sir, you have a challenger waiting for you.” Emilio still had his head down and said. “Bring them in. I just need to have a break once in a while.” Emilio walked over to the field and walked to his place. “The battle between Gym Leader Emilio and challenger Ryder will now begin. Please send out your first Pokémon.” Emilio grabbed one of his Poké Balls and tossed it. “Go, Runerigus.” Ryder also did the same thing. “Go, Scizor.” “Now, battle begin.”

Kate thought about which one of her new friends she should look for. Nic would be nice to get some pointers for the contest, and David could be a great training buddy for the first gym. Hmm. Kate stood still to ponder a bit. "Wait, I haven't talked to Grey a lot have I? I should find him, he seems cool and interesting and he made the food you guys seemed to really like didn't he?" Mincinno and Azurill nodded in agreement, remembers the savory snacks provided by the chef. "Well it's settled! Let's go find Grey!". Kate began searching across town to wherever Grey may be. In the streets, on the shore, and past a chair with an umbrella.

Emilio had just finished his gym battle. “Spiritomb is unable to battle. Dreadnaw wins. Which mean the winner of the Shadow City gym is Ryder.” Emilio smiled as he had a good battle. That was one of the best battles I’ve ever had. Can’t wait for new challengers. “Congratulations, Ryder. As proof of your victory here. Take the Hidden Badge.” Ryder took the badge out of his hand and put it into his badge case. “Thank you for the battle.” Ryder then ran off for his next gym battle. Emilio turned to the referee. “That was a good battle. I’ll be heading out to some other towns. I’ll be back in a few days.” Emilio left his gym while in search of a town to explore.

The day had been quiet by normal standards, let alone that the city had just been invaded by helicopter. Hitmonlee lie beside Grey's chair, snoozing in the sand. Waves broke against the shore and some pokemon cried out in the distance, but that was life as it was.

He could hear the sound of footsteps approaching. First on paved street, then to wooden boardwalk then finally setting off a soft crunch as they transitioned to the warm midday sand.

Poking his head up from his chair, shaded by the umbrella, Grey turned and saw Kate walking by, as if in search.

"Hey there Kate! Lookin' for something?" He called out.

Kate scanned the area, trying to find any sign of whom she was looking for. She and her pokemon were exhausted from journey, Mincinno needing constant light water guns from Azurill to stay hydrated. Suddenly, they heard a voice from behind an umbrella. It was Grey. "Oh there you are. we've-" wheeze "-been looking for you. I wanted to get to know you better, since you seemed a bit distant. And, you sure do have strong pokemon!" Kate said, pointing towards the resting Hitmonlee.

Kate's breathlessness - how long had she searched for him? - and answer took him by surprise.

"Oh! Well, don't let him fool you," Grey turned toward the lightly snoring Hitmonlee and smiled, "he's a big softie."

Turning back to face Kate, he smiled again, and shrugged.

"I dont often get caught up with people," Grey admitted, "and I like to remain silent. Listening beats blabbering."

He stood up and stretched his legs, grabbed a bowl of water and knelt down to offer it to Mincinno and Azurill.

"And my Pokemon are strong less because of our battle prowess than it is our thoughts being in synch, on the same page."

David still had his egg still in his hands while he was walking back to the Pokémon Center. His arms started to heat up. I know I don’t have a fire type. But why are my arms heating so much? David shrugged that thought off. He then saw Kate and Grey over on the beach. He walked over there with the egg shaking madly. Wait is this what I think it is? It’s about to hatch. David hurried to the beach as fast as he could because he wanted Grey and Kate to be the first ones to see the egg hatch. “Hey! Grey and Kate! My egg is about to hatch!”

Mincinno and Azurill quickly exhausted the bowl of its sustenance. Feeling replenished, they looked up at Grey in great appreciation. "Well, I thought you'd like some company, even if it's just for a bit. And besides, We're beat training for that contest, so we're taking a day to find something new to do, and different people to hang with." Kate plopped down on the sand, and her pokemon followed, finally taking a breather to relax. Kate gazed at the waves crashing into the shore. "Wow, you got some view from here. No wonder you decided to rest here, it's amazing. I bet you got your life all together huh?". Suddenly Kate looked over to see David running towards them, holding an egg in his hand. Kate sprung up to greet him. "Hey David! Cool egg you got ther-wait did you say it was about to hatch?"

AlolanOreo

Previously pocky ✨
"Hey, guys, let's take a break for a bit," Nic announced. "Return." She returned Gardevoir and Froakie. "Let's go find Kate. Or David. Or Grey." She shrugged, and Raichu nodded, so they went off to search for either of the three, or all three. Soon, they found Kate, David, and Grey, and stopped by in silence. Nic thought it was pretty cool, seeing an egg hatch, since she'd rarely seen that sort of event.​

“Sure did. But I don’t know what Pokémon it is. I got it from Sinnoh.” David stopped talking with the egg rapidly shaking. The egg was then glowing very bright. Then it hatched. “Chim?” David looked at the Pokémon curiously. “Chim. Chimchar!” “So it’s a Chimchar. Nice to meet you. My name’s David. And I would like you to meet my friends. Grey and Kate.” Chimchar jumped onto David’s head and fell asleep. “Well time to catch you. Go, Poké Ball.” David moved his hand upward and touched the sleeping Chimchar. “Great. Now I’ve got four Pokémon with me.”

I bet you got your life all together, huh? Well, Kate, he wanted to break it to her, I aint got a clue what I'm doing. But before he could, David barged in, holding his egg as whatever lie inside wait to hatch.

Grey looked over to Hitmonlee, remembering when he hatched from the egg Grey doted on for a year, a young fledgling tyrogue new to the world.

A chimchar burst through, full of a life waiting to be realized. Grey smiled and waved sheepishly at the baby pokemon. Sighing, he turned and looked back out over the ocean.

AlolanOreo

Previously pocky ✨
Nic mentally laughed. Guess I'm not a friend, huh? she thought to herself. Then, Oh my God, Nic, quit being so sensitive. She tried a friendly smile, and looked happy to meet the newly hatched Chimchar. Maybe it's because I'm the youngest. Well, I should definitely quit lingering on this.
Raichu noticed and edged closer to Nic reassuringly, as if to say, "You're a friend to me." Nic patted Raichu on the head gratefully.

"Oh. my. god! It's a baby chimchar!" Kate watched as the baby monkey went into it's pokeball for the first time. "David you are so lucky! Baby pokemon are the most adorable thing ever. And it looks like that chimchar of yours likes to sleep, which is cute at first-", Kate summoned out Cubchoo, still asleep and resting. "But annoying after a few years. But hey, I'm sure that chimchar will grow into a very powerful pokemon, unlike this little one". Kate noogied Cubchoo until it woke up, startled. It looked around, and saw everyone. Then, it let out a sneeze, and went back to sleep. Kate returned it to its ball.

“Chimchar will grow into a very strong Infernape. Same with Noibat, Eevee, and Mudkip.” David then released his Chimchar back out of it’s ball. “Welcome to the family buddy. I want you to meet my Pokémon. Come on out everyone.” David tossed their Poké Balls up into the air and they all popped out. “Chimchar, say hi to Noibat, Eevee, and Mudkip.” Chimchar looked at them curiously and then shot out an ember at them. But they all jumped out of the way and it hit David instead. “Ow. That really hurts.”

For the last two days, Firey had been helping Gustav with training, Firey had been running through Incineroar's training when he heard a commotion about an egg hatching, and a Chimchar.

"I haven't seen an egg hatch since I was a trainer much like you guys, but I was traveling with Ariana, Leader of the Star Town Gym, Her younger sister Lana, Johann Oak, The Pokemon Academy in Alola's Principal's grandson, Aliana Garcia, a Wandering trainer almost as powerful as myself, and last but not least, Joanna Berlitz, a top Coordinator." Firey had caught up with the group at that point, and talked to the small group, Gustav had followed.

"Wait a minute, you were the leader of my sister's traveling group?" Gustav asked.

"Yes I, Lana, and Ariana founded our group, and Joanna is now Top Coordinator of Logea, an egg is actually how she got her Kommo-o." Firey explained to the group.

Gustav looked at everyone then back at Elite Four Firey, when he was suddenly hugged from behind and sat on.

"Sweetheart, you made it, with out getting lost." Firey whispered, and looked up at Honchkrow, "Honchkrow, return."

The black bird disappeared in a red light as a Sylveon walked up to the group of young trainers.

David got up from his fall with still a burnt face. “Chimchar, next time don’t do that.” Chimchar didn’t listen. So he grabbed David’s backpack and put it on his back. “No! Get back here Chimchar!” David then chased after his newly hatched Pokémon that had his backpack. Then he ran into someone. “Sorry. I’m really sorry.” David looked up to see a boy. “Watch it kid. Get out of my way.” David got up and stepped to the side. What’s with that kid? David looked to his left and saw Chimchar jumping up and down. “Hey! Give me my backpack back!” It still didn’t listen. “You asked for it. Mudkip, use Water Gun on Chimchar!” He threw the item that contained Mudkip and it shot a beam of water toward the monkey. Chimchar then fell after the hit and David caught him before he could hit the ground. “Don’t do that ever again.”

"Wow, that's one lively Chimchar! And a bit mischievous too might I add." Kate chuckled, laughing at the cheeky little chimp. Just then, she heard a noise from behind. When Kate turned around, she saw the Fiery person again, the one who was an Elite Four. He told of his travels when younger, and Kate was entranced by the magnificent stories. "Woah, it looks like all cool people start at the same place! Wait." Kate looked around at the little group that had formed over the past few days, and had an amazing realization. "Wait, what if we're the next in line to be the popular people here? Wouldn't that be just the best!" Just then, Fiery noticed a Slyveon approaching, it's bright pink ribbons shining from the sun.

Rylan was out on the beach watching a few kids talk. “Sounds like they’re having fun. And it looks like Firey’s with them as well. I wonder what he’s doing there.” Rylan looked over to see his Pokémon messing around in the water. “Come on guys. We need to head back. But before we do, let’s stop by and say hi to Firey.” Rylan returned all of his Pokémon besides Empoleon. He walked up to the group of kids. One of them looked out of breath with a Chimchar on his head. Another seemed older than the rest. “Hey everyone. You may not know me, but I’m one of Firey’s friends.” Rylan than put up his hand with a wink.

Kate looked up to see another new person, this time followed by an Empoleon. "Oh why hello there! name's Kate, and this-" Kate turned around at the decently large crowd that had formed "-is everyone.". Kate took a second to pause. Mincinno tapped her face with it's paw, to get Kate back into her train of thought. "So, what's your story? What brings you around here?"

Firey had just heard his fellow Elite Four member Rylan talking when he turned around to see an Empoleon.

"Everyone, meet Rylan," Firey called out, "He is the Water Type Member of the Elite Four, and this is David, Kate, Nic, Gustav, Grey, and My wife Ariana, and funnily enough, David's the boss's brother, and Gustav's the little brother of Top Coordinator Joanna."

Firey gestured to each person behind him and the girl who was still hugging him.

Gustav waved, as Pansear gave out a small nod.

"Rylan?" Ariana asked.

“I usually spend my time around this specific beach. Studying and researching Pokémon while they battle.” Rylan looked at David. “So, you’re Hayden’s little brother. He’s told me lots about you. I can’t wait to battle you one day.” “Well, I’m not too sure about that, mister Rylan. It’s just I’ll have multiple rivals competing to beat my big bro.” Chimchar jumped off of David’s head and ran off with his backpack again. “Hey! Get back here!” David then ran off. Rylan looked back at the group. “What is with that little Chimchar? Anyways, Firey, I want to have a battle against you, if you don’t mind, that is.”

"What! He's an El-el-elite four?!" Kate's eyes sparkled at the sight, two entire elite four members in her field of view. Two of the strongest trainers in Logea in the same place! "Woah, well it's a pleasure to meet Rylan! I am honored to grace your presence." Kate humorously took a knee on the ground to show her respect to the Rylan, and mincinno did the same. Azurill, not having legs, simply bounced over to Empoleon, looking up to it's immense power.