• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join The Logea Region Awaits

“Well even if you don’t seem sure, at least try it out!” Kate responded to David, entering the conversation. “Contests truly bring out the life of your pokemon, even if you don’t officially enter, it’s still a fun hobby that can strengthen the special bond you have with your pokemon” Kate said, voicing her opinions on the matter

Bisharp had been hit by the Spinning metal claws one too many times and fell over, fainted.

Ariana had taken notice of the tie of the battle and called over Gustav, who had been talking with the girls, but she noticed something up with him.

“Bisharp is also unable to battle. Which means it’s a tie.” Emilio put his right hand up in the air. Rylan took a quick glance at his Empoleon and returned it. He then looked at Firey. “Well, that was a excellent match. But next time I won’t lose.”

Kate noticed Nic send out her Pokémon, so she proceeded to do the same. Kate called Azurill and Mincinno over, and sent out Cubchoo from its ball, who was suprisingly awake. “Ok guys, we may not have a lot of practice, or skill, or cool moves, but you know what we have?” Mincinno looked at Kate confused, Azurill looked nervously at Kate, and Cubchoo let out a sneeze. “We have heart! Heart that’s gonna shine right now!”

AlolanOreo

Previously pocky ✨
Amused yet approving, Nic nodded once, looking at all three of her Pokémon in turn. "You guys ready?" she murmured to her three friends, who nodded; all three. Well... maybe Froakie should stay on the sidelines for now. He can see what it's like and be prepared for an actual Contest battle! Nic thought to herself.

"Nic, Kate, why don't I referee the match for you two?" Ariana asked the two.

"Bisharp, return!" Firey called out, "I was testing a couple of new Techniques, and thank you for the battle.

Firey had taken a seat on the grass next to Gustav, noticing the teasing boy being shy.

Grey shot up from his chair the moment the battle ended. The young ones were distracted, lost in their own excitement, as they had a right to be.

Quickly, Grey sped over to Firey, and beckoned Rylan and Emillio over to him, holding up a hand, as if to plead them to pay him a moment of attention.

"Now that you've satisfied your machismo need to hit each other, what now?" He asked, in a hushed whisper as if not to bother Gustav but unable to hide his annoyance, "The champion's pokemon were stole. This city invaded by weirdos in a helicopter trying to steal more! And the two of you are fighting each other?"

He looked toward Emillio.

"And what of you? Another of the four? Another gym leader? What are you doing about Team Dote?"

“I don’t see why not!” Kate said, looking up from her group huddle with her pokemon. She then crouched down. “Ok guys, just remember the game plan. Each and every one of you is special and unique, and gosh darn it we’re gonna show that off today!” Kate bounced up, and looked at the group. “Alright lets do this!” Kate’s pokemon followed, showing some nervousness, but also some trust within eachother.

David thought to himself. Whoever wins this will make me go into a contest for the first time. Well it doesn’t matter what happens in it. Right, right. “You two will do great!” David yelled as the two were going to start. “Come on out guys. Let’s watch this pre match of a contest and get some ideas for two days time.” Right when the word contest went into Eevee’s head, Eevee ran over towards Kate and starting jumping around like it wanted to be performing as well. “Eevee, we’re watching, not performing.” Eevee still didn’t listen, instead it shot a Swift at David. “Ow.” And then Chimchar shot an ember at his face. “Seriously?!” David then fainted.

Emilio and Rylan looked at each other. Emilio then asked. “Who is Team Dote? I’ve never heard of them or even care about them. Just leave me out of this.” Rylan then looked up at Grey. “Well I didn’t even notice the helicopter come down into this peaceful little town. You think I had a right to do so?” Rylan started to get on a really bad temper. “Rylan, just leave him be. I need to get back to the gym.” Emilio then walked off. “I need to leave too. Firey, deal with that guy for me. I’ve got to go back to our place.” Rylan also walked off.

“You bet we’re doing a double battle!” Kate yelled from her side of the field. She prepared her starting 2 pokemon, mincinno and azurill, who both stood next to eachother, prepared to put on a show for everyone.

AlolanOreo

Previously pocky ✨
Nic nodded. "Raichu, Gardevoir, let's go," she said quietly, but was unable to suppress her smile.
Raichu and Gardevoir floated out onto the field, ready as well. Despite theirs and their trainer's calm demeanors, they were all pretty fired up on the inside.

Grey rushed after Rylan and Emilio, furious. "The Champion's pokemon were stolen! Surely you saw the news!" His voice rose above the whisper it had been, "and if you didn't notice a helicopter in town then I don't even know where your head could have been. But fine."

He turned heel again, away from them, ignoring any attempt to reply, if there was any. Grey began taking down his set up on the beach as fast as he could, as mad as he could.

Azurill, seeing not only the fully evolved gardevoir, and the electric raichu, hid behind Mincinno’s large ears. Mincinno turned around to Azurill, and gave it a reassuring look, with a smirk to show it’s readiness to be there for its friend, and a hug to boot. Azurill, with this newfound confidence, peaked its face out once more, ready to commence. “Alright, we’re ready when you are!”

“Eevee! Get back here right now!” Eevee looked at David with a furious look in it’s eyes. It then used a Sand Attack at David and all of his Pokémon. “That’s it. Eevee return.” Eevee dodged the red light and then it started dancing during the middle of the performance.

“Thank you.” Kate looked down, thinking to herself. Oh my god this is really happening. Alright, play it cool Kate, play it cool. You got this. Just remember, this is about you and your pokemon. Realizing she’d been taking a bit too long, she decided it was time. “Alright, time for our bouncy beginning, you guys know what to do!” Immediately, Mincinno hugged Azurill tighter as it launched itself into the air. While airborne, Azurill let out a water gun in the air, spraying in every direction. At the same time, Mincinno let out a bullet seed, cause a stream of water and seeds to rain upon the battlefield.

AlolanOreo

Previously pocky ✨
"Now, Raichu. Use Psychic to turn it back, and Gardevoir, you too," said Nic quietly, and in her usual calm style.
The two Pokémon united their Psychics to turn the water from the Water Gun and the seeds from the Bullet Seed to turn back and shoot right for Minccino and Azurill.

“Jet pack maneuvers, now!” Mincinno turned itself to be back to back with Azurill, and theb azurill let out a Water gun, propelling themselves against the psychic counter attack. Propelling themselves towards the two pokemon, Mincinno jumped off of Azuril and used a quick attack towards Raichu. This left Azurill to stop its water gun ride, making it take some damage to the seeds and water.

AlolanOreo

Previously pocky ✨
"Raichu, stop it with Ice Beam," said Nic. Raichu nodded, using an Ice Beam right on the Quick Attack-ing Minccino. Gardevoir patiently watched, but also observed Azurill out of the corner of her eye to make sure they wouldn't come at her with Azurill.

(OOC: My mom is being a real idiot, and I have to leave now. I'm really sorry, but it isn't up to me. I really wish I could stay. (And I know I might be overreacting))

“Alright Mincinno, now’s your time to shine!” Kate shouted to its faithful friend. Mincinno prepared itself for the the attack incoming. “Mincinno use aqua tail!” Mincinno looked up to the impending beam of frozen air approaching it, and directed its tail, now soaked in water to minimize the damage and keep itself moving towards raichu. While doing this, the pokemon’s treasured Mystic Water revealed itself, moving a ton due to the high amount of speed Mincinno was in.

(OOC gotcha, Mincinno will simply freeze time until you get back, and it’ll be frozen in place I guess, but so far this battle’s really cool)

David was furious at Eevee. He felt like it wasn’t even his anymore. He just got up and left the area. “Guys, let’s let Eevee do his own thing. There’s no need for him to battle with us if all he’s going to do are contests. We should do some special training. I want this to be a battle between Mudkip and Chimchar.” The two Pokémon got into their places. “Now, Mudkip, use Water Gun. And Chimchar, use Mach Punch to break the water.” Right when the water was coming Chimchar just punched it clean out of the air. “Nice going. Now Mud slap. Chimchar, use Flamethrower.” David thought to himself. If Eevee wants to stay with one of them, then he can. Why does it matter? I just need to do my own thing. I need to prove Eevee that I can do better. David’s special training was all done. “Good job guys. Now let’s go to the Pokémon Center.”

AlolanOreo

Previously pocky ✨
(OOC: I'm really sorry for the inconvenience last night, and I really appreciate that! So now I'll reply)

Nic smiled, impressed. "Now, Gardevoir. Help Raichu out with Psychic," she murmured, and Gardevoir did, using Psychic on Raichu's Ice Beam, actually, rather than on Minccino's Aqua Tail, and helping to boost the Ice Beam as well, while also attempting to give it a rather pinkish sheen.

Mincinno kept at the psychic boosted ice beam. Though it's tail now covered in water helped resist the damage, it was starting to take it's toll on the chinchilla. Kate concerningly wondered what she should do for the now in-danger Mincinno. Then, she saw Azurill, in awe at the sight of Mincinno standing up to the 2 fully evolved pokemon. "Alright Azurill, what do you say we help out Mincinno? Use our Support Wave trick, now!" Kate yelled at Azurill, breaking it out of its trance. Azurill, with nobody focusing on it, spat water into the air, releasing a water sport, that made it feel stronger in it's mouth. Then, Azurill bounced up and down, simulating clapping, until it released a wave of light that was sent to Mincinno, it's own little helping hand. Mincinno, now feeling the power of both the water sport and the helping hand, was now picking up speed while charging through the ice beam.

AlolanOreo

Previously pocky ✨
Nice names, Nic thought, nodding once. But they won't help against us! "Raichu! Up the power, and spin," she exclaimed.
Raichu nodded briefly, then focused back onto the battle. She began to spin while putting more energy into her Ice Beam. They'd used this tactic before, and what it would do was encapsulate the opponent in ice.
"And Gardevoir, Moonblast," Nic added.
At this, Gardevoir stopped her Psychic and went behind Raichu, shooting a Moonblast that accompanied the Ice Beam.
I wonder... what they'll do next? Nic thought to herself.

Ok, it's pretty clear we won't be landing many moves like this, Mincinno needs to get out of there so we form a new strategy. "Azurill! You gotta get Mincinno out of there before it gets hit!". Azurill nodded to its trainer, and turned its back to Mincinno. Then, Azurill released a powerful water gun that propelled itself towards Mincinno and hit it away from the danger. In the process however, since it's giant blue tail dragged behind it, that tail was hit the force of an ice beam and a moonblast, sending it flying back towards Kate. It was clear it had sustained bruises, but it was still able to go on, if not slightly. Mincinno ran towards it's hurt friend, and stood in front of it, prepared to defend it against whatever comes next. If we keep doing things like that, then we're just bound to lose. We need to find some way to get in close before they hit us hard at point blank Kate thought to herself, desperately wondering what she should do.

AlolanOreo

Previously pocky ✨
Nic made a brief hand gesture - not a rude one - and Raichu and Gardevoir stopped their moves. All three were pretty impressed by how Azurill had come through for Minccino, and they waited for what Kate would do next, bracing.

Kate stood for a few moments, wondering what to do. Then she recalled the battle she had just watched and devised a plan. From it. "Ok guys, I need you to get in the air as fast as possible, go!" Kate told her Pokemon, having a semi-delicate tone in her voice, showing concern from their wounds. Mincinno used a tail slap on the ground, launching it upward. Azurill, gathering the strength it had left, released a bubble beam to get it even more height than Mincinno. Mincinno grapped onto Azurill's tail, and used it to jump even higher, until they were both reasonably airborn. While in the air, Mincinno used a tail whip, confident in it's distance from the enemies.

AlolanOreo

Previously pocky ✨
"Wait," Nic simply told her Pokémon. She smiled. Kate's thinking. I like that. Wonder what they've got in mind? "Stay strong and brace yourselves. We'll be ready." She nodded to both of her Pokémon in turn, who nodded back and refocused on Minccino and Azurill, awaiting Kate's next decision.

Kate, now jumping so she could be heard by her Pokemon, screamed: "Sky High and Feet Trembling Threats, at the same time, let's go!". Mincinno and Azurill gave each other a glance of confidence, and reassured themselves they'd be ok. Then, Azurill propelled both Pokemon towards the ground extremely fast. The ground was incoming quickly, and just then, Mincinno prepared itself as it lunged towards the ground even faster, until when it hit, there was no trace of it, except a hole in the ground. Azurill, falling a bit slower than Mincinno, pointed it's tail downwards, and when it hit the ground, it recoiled back up higher with a bounce. Now one pokemon was Charging from beneath the ground while the other was about to crash in like meteor at the pokemon. Kate simply observed Nic, who seemed calm and collected the entire time, along with her Pokemon. They're clearly preparing something, but what? Kate thought to herself.

AlolanOreo

Previously pocky ✨
Nic smiled. That's a good strategy... but we'll see if it's good against Psychic-types like an Alolan Raichu and Gardevoir, she thought. "Up," Nic told her Pokémon. Raichu and Gardevoir nodded, ascending - Raichu on her tail, using it as a platform, and Gardevoir following. That way, they'd be able to spot Minccino coming up from the ground, and would also be able to handle Azurill. Nic, in fact, didn't have a plan at all, even though she might have looked like she did, as she was in fact just improvising and doing her best to use her opponents' tactics to her advantage. But... what if they knew? That I'd do this? And this was all part of their plan? ... I really should stop overthinking things. We'll handle this! she thought, observing the battle carefully.

Kate, grinning as she watched her Pokemon's hard work be shown off, knew it would be time to go all out. Azurill, watching Raichu and Gardevior approach, came closer and closer to the ascending duo, until eventually... it missed completely. Azurill kept going down, faster and faster. At the same time, Mincinno kept digging underground, faster and faster, until eventually reaching the other end of the battlefield. Once it's reached the right spot, it launched right out of the ground, as Azurill was fell, trying to land by its side. And, at the moment the two pokemon were united once more in the air, they heard their command from Kate. "Alright guys, let em' have it!". Instantaneously, Azurill launched a beam of a thousand clear bubbles, and Mincinno spat out a barrage of seeds from its mouth, sending the combo straight towards their opponents. Kate and her pokemon knew this would that this move had to hit, or they would be out of cards up their sleeves, but unlike her Pokemon, Kate cheered as they released the fury, in awe by the sight of their teamwork.

AlolanOreo

Previously pocky ✨
Nic smiled. Wow, she thought. That is pretty impressive. But it won't be enough to beat us. "Raichu, use our Thunder Wheel combination, and Gardevoir, you boost it with Moonblast," she ordered. Hey, it is time to go all out, Nic thought.
Raichu started off the combination by using Thunderbolt, but spinning rapidly like a wheel towards the incoming attack, and Gardevoir used Moonblast right on the wheel, encapsulating it with, well... "moon power," whatever that was. If this fails, I've still got a trick up my sleeve. I'm not done for, not yet!

Kate saw the Raichu approach the duo with its thunder and moon radiance, ready to strike, and all she could do is gasp, and brace for impact. Kate didn't know what to do and seeing the two pokemon that had worked so far for her, she couldn't bear watch what was about to happen. Mincinno and Azurill, now fully aware they would soon be hit by a full-force attack from Raichu, looked at each other. Azurill wanted to look away from the danger, as it usually did, but Mincinno had a different plan. Knowing that Azurill was very hurt, Mincinno slapped Azurill away from the danger, as it looked back to what was approaching, and decided to let out a grinning Charm towards Raichu, not in an attempt to stop it, but so it knew "Hey, you got me, but it's not over yet".