• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join The Logea Region Awaits

AlolanOreo

Previously pocky ✨
Raichu, in fact, had noticed the Charm, but she was glad Kate and her Pokémon weren't giving up. Neither she, nor Nic, nor Gardevoir liked to win that way, so she began to wheel faster.
Don't let your guard down, Gardevoir thought to Raichu, who would've nodded if she'd had the chance. Gardevoir waited, ready to help Raichu out if she had to.
Nic watched. I'm sure they have a trick up their sleeve. And what I just did is really risky if they do. So what do they have planned? she thought, observing Kate carefully, then looking at Minccino. Stay sharp up there, you guys...

Mincinno, without having much time to react, was struck by the electric wheel, boosted by Gardevoir's moon blast. Instantly, Mincinno was sent flying towards Kate, it's eyes closed, and it covered in bruises. "No, Mincinno..." Kate looked down at the fainted pokemon, with its pokeball in hand. "You fought well friend. Thank you Mincinno, for being there for me, you take a good rest now." Kate tapped Mincinno with the ball, returning it back to Kate in a bright red light. Well, that's that huh? Most of our moves were combos, but now Mincinno's out, and Azurill is- When Kate looked back, she noticed Azurill was standing on it's legs, looking at the opponents. It was at this moment, Azurill finally learned that Mincinno and Kate would be there for it, and were willing to love and support it. It had made friends with Kate, and the sacrifice Mincinno took to keep Azurill up was the final straw. Azurill began to glow a bright blue, and it's body started shifting. "Wh-what? Azurill?" Kate asked, confused at first until she realized: It had been evolving. After a bright light struck the battlefield, a joyful Maril emerged from the light show.

AlolanOreo

Previously pocky ✨
Nic laughed. "Congratulations! You've got yourself a Marill - your Azurill evolved!"
Raichu and Gardevoir descended again. "Raichu, rai," Raichu congratulated Kate and Marill. Gardevoir said nothing; she rarely spoke. But her expression made it clear that she shared Nic and Raichu's feelings.
"Either way... well fought! Nice tactics, and nice names to go with them," Nic added, smiling. She extended a hand for Kate to shake.

Kate was speechless. It was rare she ever saw a Pokemon evolved, let alone one of her own Pokemon. And, the look Maril gave Kate was all the information she needed. Maril had become great friends with Kate and had evolved because of it. She then realized Nic, extending her hand to commemorate the great battle. "Oh, I'm sorry, I was in just dazzled by Maril for a moment there. Yes, it was an incredible battle! You're pokemon are so strong, and they have so much synergy with each other! Thank you so much Nic, that battle was just simply the best!" Kate said, now shaking Nic's hand rapidly. Maril also cheered for the great battle, and the newfound appreciation it had for the world around it, and the people it had now met.

AlolanOreo

Previously pocky ✨
"Actually, thank you so much! And I agree: this was a great battle!" Nic exclaimed, grinning as she shook Kate's hand in return. "I can't wait to see what kinds of combos you'll do with Marill! Plus, my Pokémon may have been in sync, but yours were definitely showing off some great teamwork."
Raichu floated over to Marill, offering her congratulations: "Raichu!"

"Oh you bet, I can't wait to see what new plans we can come up with, now that we have a Maril!" Kate agreed, already beginning to think of what to do with the power and confidence that came with her new Pokemon. Maril saw that Raichu approached it for congratulations, and returned the favor by jumping up to it and hugging it, to show it's gratefulness of the battle. Kate looked over to find that David's Eevee seemed to have been spectating the battle the whole time, and having the time of it's life. "I guess that means David's gotta enter the contest too!" Kate giggled, imagining her friend preparing for the contest. Then, she noticed that he was nowhere to be found. "Actually, wonder where he went?"

David walked quietly over to the two performers and said. “Why don’t one of you take Eevee. It seems like he likes contests more than battling. Which I’m fine with, it’s just he was my first Pokémon that I ever caught. So take good care of Eevee.” David then walked off leaving Eevee behind.

AlolanOreo

Previously pocky ✨
Raichu smiled and hugged Marill back.
At Kate mentioning the fact that David now had to enter, Nic thought about what Pokémon he'd use and what outfit he'd wear, if he was to wear a special outfit for the Contest. "I dunno." She shrugged, looking around. "Should we go look for him?" Nic then asked. She didn't have to wait, though, because David came to them. After hearing what David told them, all Nic said was, "Oh..." She looked at the Eevee, feeling a little sad for it, then looked back at Kate as if to ask, "Do you want to take care of Eevee? Should I? Should we together?"

David was out in the beach. Far far away from everyone else training with his three reliable Pokémon. “What am I going to do? Guys you can go over to everyone else. I need some time alone to think about who to use.” His Pokémon all looked sad. And they all walked away from him back to the group. David was now all alone. Well I guess I should get going.

Kate, looked down at the Eevee, who was seemed pretty joyful. "Oh my goodness, we should both take care of Eevee! I've never shared a pokemon with anyone before, and I can't think of many other people I'd rather share a contest loving Eevee with!" Kate cheered, along with Maril, who also seemed excited to meet a new pal in Eevee.

Kate laughed as she pet the excited Eevee. She saw great potential in it, and it looked excited to be a part of any performance whatsoever. But, she also noticed David, and his pokemon who were walking away slowly and somberly. Kate, curious dashed over to them to see what was wrong. "Hey David, you seem down. Do you need to talk about anything? Your pokemon don't look too happy that's for sure" Kate commented.

“It’s just about Eevee. I was disappointed when I saw Eevee really wanting to do what you guys do. So if he wants to do a career of contests then you two would be the best picks.” David sighed. “I’m going to do some training with Chimchar. See you guys soon.” David walked away still slowly.

Kate watched David slowly walk away in sorrow, and knew that he needed to hear something that would make him feel better. "Hey Maril, help us out and splash some water at David. Maril pointed at David and spat some water at him. Not powerful enough to do damage, but enough to hopefully get his attention. "Well hey, that's no way to look at things! Sure, you're pokemon will like things that you might not, but that doesn't mean you should just give it away. I think you should have a serious heart to heart with Eevee, and see if it truly wants to be with someone else. You're it's trainer, it chose you. And you chose it. You have that connection because it is your Pokemon, and regardless of whether or not it likes you or what you like, you have to respect that, and decide as a duo if it wants that or not". Kate told David, trying to connect with his feelings from her personal experience with Cubchoo not responding.

“Well, here’s the thing. During that battle of yours. Eevee was copying what you two were doing. And when I told him to stop he just shot moves at me. That’s why it hurts me to leave him. But it’s for the best. I just need to go. No one will follow me. Only me and my Pokémon will think this through. So just stay out of my way for now.” David walked off still upset but he seemed a little angry while walking off.

Kate knew that David was convinced that he needed to be alone, so she backed off, and returned to Nic and Eevee. Kate glanced over to Eevee, now with some new context to its excitement. She also remembered that Mincinno was still well passed out, so she decided she should head to the Pokemon Center. "Hey Nic, I'm on my way to the Pokemon Center, care to join?" Kate asked, hoping for some company for the rest of the day.

David was out training in the beach. “Noibat, use Supersonic. And Chimchar dodge it with Dig.” Chimchar dub underground to dodge the move. Noibat looked confused. “Now, Thunder Punch. Let’s go.” Chimchar came up out of the ground and hit Noibat right in the face. “Noibat, counter attack with Bite. Chimchar use Flamethrower.” Right when Noibat was coming in close, Chimchar started to glow. “Wha-what’s happening?” Chimchar grew taller. It’s tail grew longer with a flame now on it’s tail. Then it showed up as a Monferno. “Finish this off with Mach Punch!” Monferno did what he was told and hit Noibat hard. “Good job guys. Noibat return. Monferno, let’s go show everyone the good news.”

AlolanOreo

Previously pocky ✨
"Sure." Nic nodded and beckoned to Raichu and Gardevoir, who floated over. "Gardevoir, return and rest," she added, returning Gardevoir. Then, Nic and Raichu went over to Kate, Nic's hands in her hoodie pockets, both ready to head over to the Pokémon Center with Kate and her own Pokémon.

Once Kate reached the nice refreshing Pokemon Center, she rushed to nurse joy to heal her wounded pokemon... and Cubchoo. Once the pokemon were treated, Kate immediately released them from their balls. Suddenly, bursts of light came from 3 balls, and Kate lifted Maril as it appeared. "Ok fellas, since you last saw him, Azurill has officially evolved into Maril!" Kate said, explaining to her other pokemon. Mincinno jumped to Maril, hugging it, once again showing it's friendliness to the Pokemon. Cubchoo merely looked up and let out a sneeze. At first, Kate seemed disappointed, but Kate saw the excitement in Cubchoo's eyes, even if it could not properly express itself, Kate knew it was also joyful, and that was enough for Kate. "So, how's life been for you Nic?" Kate asked, turning to her friend.

AlolanOreo

Previously pocky ✨
"Not too bad. Same as you, though, since we've been traveling together." Nic smiled. I should heal my Pokémon, too, she thought, and returned Raichu, giving Raichu's and Gardevoir's Poké Balls to Nurse Joy to heal the two Pokémon. "Again, congrats on the Marill. Evolution is an exciting thing!"

David made his way back to the Pokémon Center and gave Nurse Joy his Pokémon. I’ve got a big surprise waitin’ for everyone. David smiled. His Pokémon were then fully healed and ready for action. “Come on out, everyone!” He tossed his Poké Balls up into the air. “Monferno, it’s great that you evolved. Now all we need to do is practice for the contest in a few days. And I have just the moves for you to use.” Monferno looked up confused, but then it took David’s backpack again. “Seriously. You still do it even after you’re evolved. You won’t get away this time.” David chased his Monferno around until he saw the two girls talking to each other. “Hey, I have a surprise for you. But it’ll have to wait because I’m chasing it around.”

"Well thank you again! I mean, Maril wouldn't have evolved if it weren't for the high stakes of our battle. At least, I'd like to think that's what it was.". Kate looked down at the Maril, holding it tight in her hands. Maril stared right back at Kate, with such an intoxicating smile that Kate couldn't help but let out a giggle. "I can't believe how strong you are Nic" Kate said, looking back to Nic, with the same goofy expression. "Even against our strongest and smartest strategies, you didn't let out so much as a sweat. I think that along with the magnificent performance your pokemon showed are a perfect testament to the relationship you have with your Pokemon. The amount of trust, confidence, and grace you all share, it's truly remarkable Nic, don't you ever forget that!". Kate cheered.

Just then, she saw David come through the door and saw a Monferno with a backpack. "Woah did Chimchar evolve? That's awesome David!" Kate figured.

“Sure is.” David then pinned down Monferno onto the ground. But as he was on the ground he used Mach Punch right on David’s stomach. “Great. Just great. That really hurt.” He then fell onto the ground.

AlolanOreo

Previously pocky ✨
To what Kate had told her, Nic chuckled, "That's a lot of advanced vocabulary, hard for me to digest. But I get the main point. Thank you so much! Trust me, I was pretty nervous on the inside, but I don't let it show. I try to look calm. Either way, I could say the same about you and your Pokémon! You guys showed off some great teamwork and I admire how you and your Pokémon stayed strong until the end!" She then turned to David, listening to what he had to say.

Kate, realizing she had been speaking philosophical, slapped her face in disappointment and embarrassment."Oh shoot I'm sorry. When I'm tired, I start to talk all deep and stuff. It's lead to some pretty funny interactions in the middle of the night actually! But yeah, you get my point. I'll be back to normal Kate mode after a good meal." Kate explained. Then, she noticed David on the ground, holding his stomach, seeming to be in pain. "Oh jeez, that Monferno's jokes are getting a lot more serious huh? Mincinno, sing it one of your lullabies to calm it down." Mincinno jumped next to Monferno, and began to sing a delicate melody. A peaceful song, one that takes all of one's worries, and locks them in a box, so they can just relax for a bit. Listening to the Mincinno sing, Kate began to yawn herself.

“Thanks for that. Monferno, return.” Monferno got hit by a red beam and went back into his Poké Ball. “Now that that’s over with. I need to practice for the next two days. With Monferno!” He then looked at his stomach. “Still hurts. But I’ll probably get used to it by now. It will only be a matter of time when he will be more gentle with me.”

AlolanOreo

Previously pocky ✨
Nic began to relax and become a little tired, too, but she was visibly impressed by Minccino's voice, and as she let Raichu back out, she could tell that Raichu agreed with her. Raichu began to fall asleep, so Nic let the Pokémon curl up at her feet.

After stretching her arms a bit to avoid falling asleep on the ground, Kate looked back to David. "You know, I think maybe Monferno needs to learn that it can trust you David. It looks to me like it sees you as just kind of a play-thing. Maybe this contest will help strengthen the bond you two have. Or-" Kate cut herself off "What do I know? I'm just a gal with experience with a pesky little Cubchoo. Ain't that right little guy?" Kate said, putting down Maril, and swinging Cubchoo into the air, who at this point had fallen asleep to Mincinno's music. Kate hugged Cubchoo tight in her arms, and finally set it down in her bag, where it could peacefully sleep for a while.

AlolanOreo

Previously pocky ✨
"Kate has a point," Nic remarked. "I agree. With what she said just now, everything." She looked at Raichu to gather the Pokémon's thoughts, and Raichu nodded. "Nothing to add; couldn't have said it better myself."

“Yeah, that might be the reason. All of my other Pokémon trust me because I’ve known them for a long time, like Mudkip per say. He probably doesn’t trust me that well. But when I was training he listened perfectly.”

Kate, looking around at everyone, felt good about herself. Like she had contributed something meaningful for once. “Well, now that we’ve had our fun day on the beach, what should we do now?” Kate asked, now feeling ready for anything, and excited to see what else would happen on that eventful day.

Hungry? Kate pondered. Just then, she felt her stomach curl, pleading her to give it energy so it could keep going on. “I could eat!” Kate replied joyfully. Kate pulled out her wallet first this time, seeing that she still had some money left over from that pearl she sold. “Well then it’s settled! Let’s get dinner, on me!” Kate announced confidently, her pokemon looking at her skeptically, unsure whether to believe she actually had money this time.

“Ok then, let’s find a place to eat! David, since you probably know the city pretty well, you can lead the way to a good restaurant!” Kate stated, not wanting to not only go on another city wide expedition for one location, but to do just that with people relying on her for food. “Nic, you in too?” Kate asked, making sure everyone was on board the “lets get food!” train before she did anything.

Firey had been training some other regiments for some of his other Pokemon as well, Ariana had been doing some preparing as well for the contest. The two, along with Gustav, had been catching up for the meal, and decided it would be best to get a meal as well.

"Hey, Kate, Nic, David!" Gustav called out.

Kate looked around to see Gustav, greeting her. “Hey there Gustav!” Kate yelled from the pokemon center, running towards him. “Did you see the battle me and Nic had? It was awesomely majestic! And in the end, My Azurill evolved into Maril!” Kate said gleefully, pointing towards the approaching Maril, who had been trying its best to catch up to Kate and Mincinno.

"I caught some of it, but not much, since Pansear wandered off." Gustav responded, "Congratulations on the Evolution, I've only ever witnessed one, my sister's Hakamo-o evolving into Kommo-o."

Gustav normally would be excited about evolution, but for some reason, he was a bit shy, and slightly nervous, as if he didn't want anything to go wrong between them. The couple behind him had been watching the interaction, with a knowing smile.

"I'm not sure, but something's up with Gustav." Firey whispered to Ariana.

“Woah! You’ve seen a hakammo-o evolve? I’ve heard it takes a lot of training to have one be ready to evolve to that final form, so I’ve never seen one! That’s amazing Gustav!” Kate cheered, her Maril jumping up and down at the idea of meeting such a strong pokemon.