• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join The Logea Region Awaits

"Alright," Firey exclaimed, "Everyone clear out, There's going to be a battle!"

Firey prepared for battle, not sure who he's going to use yet.

"Does anyone want to be the referee?" Firey asked out to the group.

Gustav had taken a seat on the grass, As Ariana took a seat as well.

"You were the little boy we met when we went to Joanna's for New year's." Ariana realized.

“I’ll be the referee.” Said a person with mainly all purple clothing. “Alright then. Empoleon, you’re up.” Empoleon jumped right in front of Rylan and got in it’s battle ready stance. “Just so you know. This will be an...exhibition match of sorts. I won’t hold back.” Rylan then put a smirk on his face.

"Oh oh oh! Can I referee? It'd be an honor to do so in a battle with such strong trainers!" Kate squealed, practically begging to fill this role. Micninno jumped at the idea too, imitating Kate to help increase their chances of getting the spot.

"Elite four..." Grey sighed. They were often a walking whirlind of battle. Two of them in the same place? He usually tried to avoid that. He was preparing to step forward to offer to referee in spite of himself when someone else stepped forward. Probably another gym leader or elite four, he figured. What a drag.

Grey shrugged, sighed, and wandered back over to his chair to take a nap.

David then finally came back. “Chimchar. I told you to stop that a MILLION TIMES! What am I going to do with you?” David looked at the two people now going to start a battle. “Oh, and exhibition match. Exciting. I haven’t seen one of these in a while. Now Chimchar, stay put. Don’t run off with things that aren’t yours.”

Kate, while in the midst of trying to convince Fiery to let her referee, saw a figure in purple approach. They seemed intimidating and mysterious. She watched as, without so much as introducing himself, had earned himself the spot as the referee, and the battle would soon commence. "Oh, uh well I guess I'll just move over here then." Kate said, slowly inching away from the blastzone, calling to her pokemon so they'd follow her. Wonder who Purple is? Fiery and Rylan seemed to know him, either that or he's the luckies stranger I've ever met. Kat pondered while sitting back on the sand, Mincinno patting her back for support, and Azurill nuzzling next to her also trying it's best to comfort Kate.

"How about a Clash of Steel types for this exhibition match, Bisharp, Let's do this!" Firey responded, "Emilio, why don't you and Kate work together on this, okay?"

A bipedal, red and black knight like Pokemon with an axe on the head, two rings of grey in the middle and grey feet appeared in front of Firey, raring to go.

"Oh no it's fine, it looks like.. Emilio was it? Yeah, Purple clothes guy has it covered. I'll just watch from over here!" Kate responded from afar, holding up her thumb. "Well, it's a good thing we packed snacks, right guys?". Kate reached into her bag and pulled out some pastries she purchased after finding and selling a pearl she found along the seaside. "Anyone else want some" Kate asked, looking around at the rest of the spectators.

Emilio looked at Firey. “Alright, if that’s what you want. You there kid. Come and help me out, would ya.” Emilio pointed to Kate. “I can’t just do this all on my own you know. Well, let’s get this battle rolling. Now, battle begin!” Rylan started out by putting his hand forth. “Empoleon, use Drill Peck!” Empoleon’s beak started glowing white while he was spinning towards Bisharp.

"Bisharp, block it with Metal Claw!"

Bisharp proceeded to block the incoming repeated pecks with his claws that have a Metallic shine to them.

"Bisharp, into the ground!"

The Sword Blade Pokemon dug into the ground, leaving not much of a hole to even be seen.

“Empoleon, use Metal Claw on the ground!” Empoleon shot his wings into the ground to make Bisharp come out of the ground. “This is an intense battle. Right Chimchar? Not again. GIVE BACK MY BACKPACK!!!” David then started running after his Chimchar.

"Bisharp, use Focus Blast on Empoleon!" Firey commanded.

From where he was in the Air, he formed a light blue ball of energy and fired it straight at Empoleon, righting himself as he landed on the ground.

Kate noticed David running away from the battle. Confused, she ran over herself to see what was up. As she sprinted, she noticed that David was chasing Chimchar, who had taken his backpack again. "Oh dear, ok Mincinno use quick attack but aim for the backpack. Let's try not to hurt the baby ok?" Mincinno, dropped from Kate's shoulders and began running, until its legs started accelerating extremely quickly, until it lunged to the backpack, hoping to knock it off the running Chimchar .

"Use Air Slash to Dispel the whirlpool, and Metal Burst to block Hydro Pump!"

Bisharp spilt the whirlpool in half, therefore dispelling it as the sound of exploding metal block the incoming attack.

"Focus Blast while it's dealing with the Metal burst!"

The same ball of energy was launched towards Empoleon again, this time picking up pieces of the metal burst and flying through the Hydro Pump.

"Jump over Empoleon, then use Metal Claw yourself!"

The Bisharp jumped over the penguin like Pokemon and land behind him, immediately going to strike with the metallic claws.

Ariana had noticed David and Kate had wandered off, and Gustav had been sitting, watching intently, as she had been.

“Just what I wanted.” Rylan put up a smirk. “Use Whirlpool!” Empoleon created a whirlpool from it’s beak with Bisharp inside it. “Now, use Metal Claw while it’s vulnerable.” Empoleon then started hitting Bisharp multiple time with it’s wings that are now sharp.

"Metal burst in its face!"

Bisharp had fired several bursts of metal in and around Empoleon's Face, with the intention of blocking its view.

"Now, Underground!"

Bisharp dug as fast as it could, leading the water down the first hole as he made a second hole, this time deeper than before.

Empoleon just stood there confused. “Don’t worry. Use Hydro Pump on the ground. And when he comes up, use Drill Peck.” Empoleon shot a huge beam of water towards the ground with Bisharp coming out and then Empoleon jumped up and started hitting Bisharp with it’s beak.

David saw a Mincinno grab David’s backpack for him. “Thanks. Thank you for getting my backpack for me.” David scratched his head and then he returned Chimchar. “We should head back. Don’t want to miss the battle.”

Bisharp had noticed the Drill peck and blocked with Metal Claw.

"Now, Metal burst into Focus Blast!"

Bisharp fired several bursts of metal, as he fired a blue ball of energy towards the Empoleon, setting off one of the metal bursts, picking up shards with it. He then jumped back towards his trainer.

"No problemo, baby pokemon are the worst, I know from experience. Ain't that right Mincinno?" Kate looked down at Mincinno, who scratched it's head nervously. "All that it takes is a good foundation of trust between you and your newly hatched friend, and then you'll be cruising!" Kate said, giving David the best advice she could to help calm down the wild Cimchar.

Kate returned to her spot on the sand, where she realized Fiery's wife was sitting there with Gustav. "Oh hey, I don't believe we've formally met yet! I'm Kate, and this is Mincinno."Mincinno gave a little bow to introduce itself "From what I remember you're Fiery's wife correct?"

AlolanOreo

Previously pocky ✨
Nic was watching the battle while also trying to follow Kate and David with her gaze, and she was kind of having a hard time watching both sides. She was still a little stunned at two Elite Four members, already, having run into the group she was in, though she didn't always feel "in," as she never felt completely included in anything. Her poker face was on, as usual. Then, she turned back to the battle.
Raichu, on the other hand, watched both sides, entertained, then did the same as her trainer.

"Slice through it with Metal Claw, then Use Metal Claw and Focus Blast as one move!"

Bisharp had sliced through the Hydro Pump with one claw, as he prepared the Focus blast with the other, Not firing the focus blast as usual, but using the Metal Claw to Gain momentum on the swing towards Empoleon's Face.

------

Ariana had turned around when the girl called Kate called out, "Yes, I am, you can call me Ariana."

Gustav had noticed a girl with an Alolan Raichu and decided to talk to her.

"Hi, I'm Gustav," He responded.

"Funny, But still one more thing, release the Focus blast!"

Bisharp released the Focus blast that he had been swinging a moment before it would've hit Empoleon as the Drill Peck came into Contact. Bisharp blocked most of the pecks, but two came into contact.

“Ariana. Well hey there Ariana! It’s been really cool being here in Logea, and I’ve met oh so many cool new people, and 2 elite four members! It’s been crazy! And now I’m close to entering a contest, and I got this Azurill and-“ Kate stopped for a moment to catch her breath. “What I’m saying is, it’s been amazing, and I’m sure your life is like this everyday, being married to such a cool dude!”

“Empoleon, finish this with rapid fire Metal Claws!” While Empoleon was still spinning he started striking Bisharp with his wings.

David looked at Nic. “How about after this battle. But you know what’ll happen when either of you win. This will be the ONLY contest I will enter. Who knows, if one of my Pokémon like contests I’ll just give them to one of you so you can use them in your contests.”

AlolanOreo

Previously pocky ✨
"Hey, I mean... I'm mostly not concerned with winning this. I mean... it's mostly just for fun, amirite?" Nic shrugged, smiling a little casually. "But I think it'd be cool to see you enter a Contest!"

As Kate admired the incredible new friend she met, she heard David speak from behind her. Oh jeez, are we ready to show off our moves? Hope so, cause I’m accepting this offer. “Boy would we ever! Isn’t that right Mincinno? Azurill?” The two pokemon looked up at Kate in nervousness and uncertainty, but Kate’s faced revealed she was fully confident in her pokemon

AlolanOreo

Previously pocky ✨
"True... but the battle part isn't all about battling. You should try to... show off your Pokémon, its Moves, and try to take away the opponent's points, too," Nic explained. "So you do win if you take out the opposing Pokémon, but that isn't... the main point, if you get my drift." She shrugged again, pretty cheerful.

"Yeah, I heard something about a Contest battle, my sister is the top Coordinator around here, I'd be careful if either you or Kate faced her." Gustav responded to Nic.

"It is, I helped with some of his training and the raising of Both Incineroar and Drapion." Ariana explained to Kate.

"Show off your power, with twin Focus blasts," Firey noted seriously, as something strange happened.

The Two Focus blasts were fired, one had been caught up in the metal claws and exploded as the other one was aimed for Empoleon's face.

AlolanOreo

Previously pocky ✨
"True. Contests aren't everyone's thing, like actual battles aren't everyone's thing," said Nic. "I guess... my thing is both. I don't really know if I would choose Contests over battles. Maybe Contests...?" Nic, stop talking about yourself...! she thought.