• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join The Logea Region Awaits

“Yeah, it’s one of those. And like Hoenn and Sinnoh, you need five ribbons to compete in the Grand Festival. But I’m not to sure about doing the contests. But I’ll be cheering you along the way.” David smiled.

"I'll see if my wife wants to come watch, since her vacation starts soon," Firey called out to David.

Firey called Ariana.

"Hi, sweetie, odd of you to be calling before the Pokemon center." Ariana responded from the other end.

"There's a contest in a few days in Shoreside, you up to watching?" Firey asked.

"I'm on my way!" Ariana responded, "See you tomorrow, I love you."

"Love you too." Firey responded, "Bye."

"Bye." Ariana responded.

Both hung up the phone at the same time, as Firey continued towards the town.

-------

Ariana had gotten ready over the phone, and decided to bring her Pokemon along, since Whimsicott and Dedenne had recently recovered. She would have Sylveon and Whimsicott out as she traveled from Star Town.

“Sweet. Firey, would you be entering as well?” David asked. I wonder how well they all will do. Oh well, I guess we should get there in about a few minutes. “The first contest won’t start until four days from now. So Kate, I suggest you get ready right away.”

Last edited:
"I won't be entering, I'd probably scare everyone," Firey explained, "My wife though, she might, she's coming from Star Town, and is Hurrying as best as she can. She probably has Sylveon and Whimsicott out and the others at the ready if attacked, speaking of which, Honchkrow!"

The dark and flying type squawked at Firey's call.

"Find Ariana, make sure she doesn't get lost, understood." Firey told Honchkrow.

The bird flew off towards Star town and started looking for Ariana.

AlolanOreo

Previously pocky ✨
Nic smiled a little. Now that they'd gotten to talking about Contests, the conversation was getting interesting, as Contests were... actually her forte. She smiled and exchanged glances with Raichu, who was peacefully floating on her tail. Now I know when the Contests will start... I really want to join! And to make things more exciting, one of these newly met trainers will be participating, too! Boy, this is going to be fun, Nic thought. She'd won the Kanto Grand Festival last time and was looking forwards to seeing what Contests would be like here in Logea.

Kate was now beaming with excitement. She and a younger Mincinno were large fans of contest performers all over the world, ever since they were little. "This is gonna be the best! I've always wanted to join a contest, and I didn't know there was one in this region! My main goal here is to explore every nook and cranny of Logea, so this alongside the gyms are just what I'm looking for!" Mincinno climbed onto Kate's back, and nodded to Kate's words, agreeing with its trainer.

For the second time that day, Grey awoke to a gentle confusion. The events between his first and second nap felt more a fever dream than reality. Sitting upright and checking his surroundings, Grey looked up the see the rest of the group chatting casually about contests.

"Sorry all. That one crazy kid kinda wore out my patience, and Cubchoo looked all comfy, lying there." He smirked and scratched at the back of his head innocently.

"So are we ready to go? I could take in a contest, chill a little bit."

Pulling two Pokeballs from his belt, Grey tossed them underhand casual, letting Hitmonlee and Vigoroth loose. The two stretched out and looked to each other intensely, and began jogging in place. Grey smiled.

"Calm down you two, you'll pull a muscle." His smile talking to them was more genuine than when talking to people.

"Hitmonlee, Vigoroth, these are the folks. Folks, Hitmonlee and Vigoroth. They're my exercise partners, haha."

AlolanOreo

Previously pocky ✨
Nic chuckled quietly. "I don't believe I've introduced myself," she said quietly. I hope now they don't think I'm trying to make this whole thing about myself. "I'm Nic, this is my partner, Raichu. Nice to meet you all." She tried to smile while thinking, I hope they don't judge me, either...

Kate turned around to see the sparks of two more Pokemon coming out of their Pokeballs. One, a brown pokemon, with very powerful legs, the other a bright white monkey, that looked very agile and wild. Before Kate could react, she turned to see a trainer approaching, with a Raichu by her side. "Oh hey there Nic, nice to meet you too! 'Name's Kate, and this is my friend Mincinno!" Mincinno dropped down from Kate's shoulder's to introduce itself with a small bow. "So, what brings you around here?"

AlolanOreo

Previously pocky ✨
Nic smiled. "I like to travel and see new regions. To be honest, I'm even more excited for Logea now that I've heard they've got Contests. I won the Kanto Grand Festival, so now I'm even more Contest-inspired! Sometimes I do Gym battles too, though," she added. "Enough about me. What about you? Are you originally from Logea?"

"Wait? You won a GRAND festival? Like, the really fancy ones?" Kate stood for a moment, then looked down "Aw why's everyone else gotta be so cool". Realizing she's getting off track, Kate stand straight once more. "Oh right! I'm not actually from here, I was born in Unova, but I really wanted to take a trip to another region for a good while. That's why I guess my only experience with contests is from TV." Mincinno climbed up Kate's leg and jumped into her bag, and after messing around in it for a bit, pulled out a sparkling blue necklace. "Oh right, we got this little charm from Unova too, but since we don't have a water type, this Mystic Water won't really help us much. Mincinno likes it though." Mincinno inched the necklace on itself, seeming proud of it's accessory.

"Don't compare your success to that of others, little Kate," Grey warned, old enough to attempt sage-like advice. "Your path is not any path anyone else has ever walked."

Meanwhile, Grey couldn't help but ask if Kanto even had a Grand Contest. At least, last he'd been, they hadn't been much a contest country at all. But he wasn't about to call someone he'd just met a liar.

He knelt down and reached into his satchel, pulling out a pokemon treat. He offered it to Mincinno, waiting to see if the pokemon would take it. "Aw, love your little water don't you, buddy?"

AlolanOreo

Previously pocky ✨
"I've been to Unova before, it's a pretty great region," Nic told Kate, amused. Then, she turned to Grey. "They do. I know they might not really seem like it, but yeah, there's a Grand Festival there," she added, nodding.

Mincinno looked up to the trainer handing it food, and swiftly made quick work of the delicious treat, leaving not a crumb left. "Oh thank you so much!" Kate said, turning to Grey. "Mincinno here loves food of any kind, and sometimes it seems like it's stomach is limitless with how much food it eats. Mincinno what do we say?" Mincinno, now walking back to Kate, turned around and made a gleeful cry, signifying it's appreciation towards the gesture, and hoping for more in the future.

AlolanOreo

Previously pocky ✨
Nic smiled, somewhat amused at Minccino's behavior, then looked at Raichu, who also seemed pretty hungry. She flung a Magost Berry into the air, looking at the ground, and Raichu, literally like a bolt of lightning, shot into the air, catching the berry on her head, then munching it up. Nic chuckled. She knew that Raichu loved Magost Berries and smiled again. God, Nic, stop showing off, she thought to herself.

“Yeah. When we first met was when my brother came back after winning the league for the fifteenth time.” David smiled by remembering the thought of Hayden come back with Noibat. But my main goal is to battle my brother to become Champion.” He then shot his fist into the air Noibat also made a noise of excitement. “And I also have an Eevee. It’s recently new, but he’s still very shy.”

Kate admired the Noibat as it swooped through the air rejoicing. "Oh I remember this fella. He fought hard against that Pansear. It was quite the show! It's very clearly talented at battling, no surprise!" Kate complimented, still in awe by the tiny bat Pokemon.

“And that’s the main reason why I want to do gyms. And Kate, I heard you talking about gyms. Are you planning on challenging them too?” Right as David finished Eevee had jumped on his head and started wagging it’s tail. “Seems like Eevee really wants to prove it’s strength by taking on gyms.” David laughed a little.

"Oh well of course! One of the most important parts of any region is its gyms, and while I might not be trying to become champion, I still would like to have earned every badge, or at least as many as I can with this little fella". Kate looked down reluctantly at the still sleeping cubchoo in her arms, in a deep doze, unaffected by anything around it, and in absolute tranquility.

AlolanOreo

Previously pocky ✨
Nic chuckled. "Well, you've got me as a rival already," she told David. "I might try a few Gyms as well as the Contests I'll participate in. I'm so excited!" Nic exclaimed, beaming. It was unlike her to show emotion, so this was a rare moment. Raichu enjoyed it, as apart from when she and her trainer were alone, Nic usually had on a permanent-looking poker face.

Kate looked over to the Eevee, seeing it jump and hop towards a direction that seemed like an exit. "Wow, smart fella huh? Well, I guess we should start making our way out of this forest, I haven't seen a pokemon center in a while. And-" Kate said, thinking about what David had said "-didn't you say something about the next place has a bunch of water type pokemon? Maybe we'll actually be able to use that Mystic Water on something, if we can catch another pokemon of course." Mincinno looked at Kate in disbeleif, and placed it's paw on the charm as if to say "No, this stays with me".

“Yeah. Shoreside Town does have a Pokémon Center. And at the beach there’s these really rare starter Pokémon. I’ve only seen about a Mudkip and a Sobble there before.” David’s voice had excitement in it. He knew he wanted to catch one of them, but he doesn’t know which one. “I think this would be a good place to train. I need to train up Eevee and Noibat for the gym that will be coming up in the next city. And Nic and Kate, you guys should practice for the contest in four days.”

AlolanOreo

Previously pocky ✨
"Aww. I think Minccino really wants the Mystic Water," Nic murmured, observing Minccino. "Although it is up to you what you do with it," she added, and turned to David. "You're right. As soon as I have time, I'll get to working on my combos!"
"Rai!" Raichu agreed enthusiastically.
Nic turned to the forest exit, following the Eevee with her gaze.

"Fine" Kate replied "Mincinno, you can keep the Mystic Water for now. But only because it looks so good on you". Mincinno sighed in relief as it retreated back to Kate's shoulder. "Alright, I'm getting tired of carrying you around" Kate disapprovingly told Cubchoo, still fast asleep. Kate pulled out a Pokeball and touched it on Cubchoo, making it snap back into its ball. "Ok then, I say we head to Shoreside city then! Alright, here we go!" Kate started sprinting towards where the Eevee and Raichu faced, excited to see the beauty that a coastline might provide, and the wonderous pokemon that may hide in it.

AlolanOreo

Previously pocky ✨
Nic chuckled, amused, then walked after Kate, Raichu surfing the air alongside Nic. To be honest, I'm pretty excited. And I sure wonder where my first Logea Contest'll be! she thought, quite a bit more excited on the inside than, it seemed, on the outside. She and Raichu exchanged glances, and they were thinking the same thing: We'll do great!

As Kate ran out of the forest and into the new Shoreside city, she instantly felt the ocean breeze on her face. She could smell the saltiness of the ocean, and the peacefulness of the waves crashing in the distance. There were wingull chirping above her head, and buildings up ahead. "Cmon guys, it feels great over here!"

Grey smiled and turned to David, clutching the egg tightly to himself. He placed a hand on the egg and whispered a couple words to it.

"Treat it as though it's already a partner. Speak to it, walk with it, grow with it. It'll hatch in time."

David put the egg away and moved off toward the city. Grey nodded to Hitmonlee and Vigoroth, and they made their way close behind the kids.

AlolanOreo

Previously pocky ✨
Nic smiled and headed over to Kate, enjoying the salty breeze. It was one thing she loved about beach-y places, not to mention all the Wingull in the area. Wingull were Pokémon she liked but wouldn't necessarily want to have on her team, so she just stuck to admiring them. She handed Raichu another Magost Berry, and they both just enjoyed the calm atmosphere alongside their new traveling companions.

AlolanOreo

Previously pocky ✨
Wowow! Nic thought, spotting a Froakie and Sobble. A Froakie! And a Sobble! I'm catching the Froakie for sure! "Raichu, let's go!" she exclaimed, about to send Raichu in against the Froakie Nic had seen. If we don't want to make it faint, we'll have to minimize the power Raichu puts into her attacks, just for now, since Electric-type attacks are super effective against Water-ty- hey, wait! Pfft, Raichu doesn't only know Electric-type attacks. "Raichu, use Psychic," she ordered, which Raichu did, lifting the Froakie into the air and then "slamming" it down into the ground. It was visibly weak, so Nic threw her Poké Ball. The Ball "spasmed" once. Then twice. Then, on the third time, a small shower of sparkles came from it, signifying that it had been caught. "Yeah! I just caught a Froakie!" Nic exclaimed, beaming.
"Raichu, rai!" Raichu celebrated with her trainer.

Kate looked around at the scenery, trying to find any pokemon that poked her interest. She saw wingull flying above, magikarps and finneon bouncing through the water, but nothing truly appealing yet. Then, she turned to her left, and saw a small azuril bouncing along, probably looking for food. "Perfect! Hey, Azurill, come over here! Mincinno, come on out, I'm gonna need your help for this". Mincinno leaped out of the bag and right in front of the Azuril, now scared and confused at the huge commotion.

(OOC: this is a separate intro for Garrett so it doesn't need a direct response, just setting the scene)

Gearworks City was restless of late. Garrett looked out over the three districts as best he could from atop his Gym. Even before the sun rose, the power plant workers who kept the city's power running lined up to clock in.

A small group of protesters gathered outside, as they had been doing for well over a week now. He'd spoken with those who started the conflict, but mediation didn't come easily to these groups.

How could those who designed the city not see that splitting its residential districts in half would create such a great divide between the citizens.

Marcos, the Gym's groundskeeper, came up the rooftop entrance, hands behind his back.

"Mr. Garrett, I'm just here to remind you of your schedule. There's a challenger today, around noon. You've a meeting with the mayor before that."

"I know, Marcos, thank you. I'll be on my way." He stood up and stretched out his back.

"Can I get you coffee?"

"Sure. I'll need it today."

The sun came into view, and its light reflected off the menagerie of gears running up and down the reservoir and riverbanks. Gearworks City was a beautiful place with many problems even Garrett wasn't sure he could solve. But it was his job to try.

“Congrats on catching that Froakie.” David looked over at the Mudkip. “Hey, Mudkip!” The Mudkip looked back at David and then it started running towards him. The Mudkip nuzzled his leg. “Mudkip, I know you have a lot of friends and family. But would you like to come with me?” Mudkip stared at him for a few seconds. Then it unzipped his backpack and touched on of the Poké Balls. “Well, I just got myself a Mudkip.” David then started to wander off to the Pokémon Center in the middle of the town.

In the rush of his younger companions to storm the beach and catch some Pokemon, Grey casually set out a long line of bowls and food and set about feeding his crew.

Hitmonlee and Vigoroth raced to eat the fastest and set off running along the shoreline. Galvantula snacked slowly and surely, wiggling its spider butt in glee at its food. Crobat spread its wings and flew among the Wingulls before scarfing down its food. Krabby ate a couple bites and waddled to the water to sit and enjoy the waves.

After his pokemon ate, Grey set up miscellaneous bowls and let whatever stray that wandered up take a few bites to eat. As they did that, the young man set up an umbrella and a small chair from his large camping bag, and went about enjoying the harsh sun and cool breeze of the beach.

David wandered off toward the Pokemon Center, and Grey sent his Crobat off to watch overhead.