• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Shipwrecked on Staryu Sands!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aurora ran towards Ashton as he collapsed. Froslass stopped the Destiny Bond. His face clearly indicated poisoning. Aurora touched his forehead gently, noticing that it is burning hot. "Quick, Froslass hold him by the neck and Forehead." Froslass did as told, her cool arms wrapping around Ashton to cool him down. After all, Ashton was poisoned and exhausted. No wonder his body would be all like that. With the Drampa carrying him, they reached the lake.

"I- I only have a purple bottle thing, that's all I got for medicine that I know of at the moment. I'll go see if there's anything pink or yellow, or even blue possibly," Seth replied to the Drampa, as he struggled to keep up with the others.

"Hmm, I guess this bush doesn't look too bad, and there seems to be some colorful ones. I guess I'll take them while I can! Not like there's any alarms or anything!" Seth thought, as he quickly snatched several berries that had diverse range of colors.

"Not bad I guess. Least I managed to grab as much as I could, but I gotta catch up with that dragon!" The Squirtle added in his thoughts. He quickly unzipped the bag, deposited the berries inside and zipped up the bag after a quick check on the items.

The Squirtle slowly jogged behind the Drampa a brief moment later. The turtle Pokémon gave off another series of deep breaths, as he rubbed on his chest and left hand again.

"Hopefully these little things can help me out... I'm kinda wanting to eat something right now. I can really go for some water... and I don't care if it's the one with the white stuff, since I was practically living there before!" Seth thought, as he focused his gaze towards Ashton.

"Now don't pass out on us. You won't be able to drink or eat the berries if you're passed out. Hold on for a little longer." Aurora called. She wanted to be useful too so she checked her bag. She had one revive, one potion and one full heal. She did no think that more would be necessary on the cruise before reaching Johto. "Cole, can you use Full Heal on humans?" Aurora asked.

Alister jumped in alarm as Growlithe bolted to his feet and took off down the mountain towards the wood line. Alister grabbed his bag and took chase knowing there must be something wrong.

Worry crept into his thoughts and he swiftly brushed it aside and focused his entire self on keeping Growlithe in sight and maintaining his footing. He wouldn’t be any good to anyone if he took a bad step and took a real bad short cut down the mountain.

When Alister reached the foot of the mountain Growlithe was waiting. Their eyes met, Alister nodded and Growlithe bound into the trees and Alister after him.

"I'm not sure..." Cole responded to Aurora. "We fed him Pecha berries earlier and they did help, but they didn't outright cure him like they would in pokemon. But it's worth a shot, I'd say" Cole carefully picked Ashton up off of Drampa's back and lay him in a soft patch of grass next to the lake. He cupped some of the fresh water into his hands and poured it into Ashton's mouth.
"Hang in there man..."

As Alister crashed through the underbrush after Growlithe the sound of buzzing caught his attention. It sounded like it was just behind him. Growlithe must have heard it as well because he slid to a stop and spun around to meet their pursuers. Panting for breath Alister placed his hand on Growlithe’s head and roughed up his hair.
“Be careful of the trees and other vegetation. Be accurate and fierce.”
Growlithe nodded and sucked in a deep breath.

Alister whispered, “hold.... hold...”

The buzzing was getting louder and louder.

Growlithe stood ready.

Three giant wasp Pokémon that Alister recognized as Beedrill burst through the brush.

Alister smiles and calmly said, “Flame Wheel.”

The forest around them lit up for meters in every direction but Growlithe did well to keep the flaming torrent focused and controlled.

Alister held up his hand and Growlithe stopped the flow of flame.

The buzzing stopped and the insects fled.

Turning his back to where the Beedrill had been Alister asked, “Shall we go?”

"Thank Arceus, looks like his condition is stable again" Cole said to the group in a relieved tone. He poured a couple more handfuls of water into Ashton's mouth, made a small fire nearby to keep everyone warm, and then went to take a look around the lake they'd discovered.

'Strange' he thought to himself. 'Some of these rock fragments look like they've been... carved. Like they were once part of man-made structures... Was this island inhabited at some point? Or even now?'

Issac came back, he wondered what he missed, looking around everyone looked that are sleeping or resting, only Ashton looked that it was awake.
"" Hey Ashton, I managed to caught Pyukumuku"" Issac whispered to Ashton, not wanting wake someone.
Chikorita yawned and paws her trainer pants, noticing that the trainer made Chikorita back to her pokeball

"Aw sweet! I think I've seen one before, they're very cute (to some people)." Ashton replied sleepily.
Laying close to his hand was Poli's Pokeball and on his back still was his green backpack that held Pokeballs.
"Later tommorrow we should go down to the beach, I want to see if I can find a particular Pokemon!"

“I umm... uhh... I- I might have something that can help out the sick boy,” Seth said to the Drampa. The Squirtle unzipped the bag and took out a small, pink berry that had two leaves on the tiny stem.

“I- I’m not as sure what it is, but I think I heard someone earlier mentioning something about them needing this,” Seth added, before he placed the berry on his left hand for a brief moment. He quickly zipped up the bag and took the berry with his right hand. He took a slightly louder than usual breath in response to the pain his left hand still had.

He stood next to the Drampa, as the turtle Pokémon resisted the urge to rub on his chest or any other bandaged areas. He decided to wait for a better time to consume one of the other berries in his bag.

“Man, this feels much worse than that needle... I think I seriously need to call uncle at this point,” Seth thought, before he looked up at the Drampa.

"" Ohhhhh, what kind of Pokemon?"" Issac asked with curiosity, he tried to examine him to try to guess which Pokemon he wanted, maybe it was a rock or ground type to defend Poli from electric attacks, or maybe it was a ire Pokemon that could defend from grass attacks, or maybe even a legendary.

"" Well, before the whole accident I was trying to teach Chikorita Sweet Scent, dont ask me why"" Issac begun to explain but got defensive at the last, he dont wanted the explanation of why he was trying to teach her that.
"" So, maybe that would attract Dratini?"" Issac thinked out loud

"Very, very, very late. I think it's time to go to sleep for a very long time!" He suggested.
Bags under his eyes and his lips purple. Red lines on his forehead and neck from where Froslass was cooling him off. Ashton was grateful for everyone helping him, even though it was his fault; he would never forgive himself for that.

Last edited:
"" Ok, I think I will eat the fruit that Corey gave me a time ago and after that I will sleep"" After Issac said that he picked the fruit that it was on the backpack and started to eat, hmm, not really that sweet but not sour, quite bland.
After he finished he tried to find a safe place to sleep, when he found it tried to get comfortable and tried to sleep.

Ashton went to a deep slumber right after Issac said sleep. He was exhausted and still kind of sweaty, though the green in his face almost fully gone. He knew he had made some lifelong friends on this island. It was a bittersweet moment, Ashton focused on the "sweet" rather than the "bitter".

Last edited:
Drampa noticed Seth presenting him with a what appeared to be a Pecha berry.
"Thank you for going out of your way to find this for us, little one. We will place it next to the sick boy for him to eat when he awakens. Although I do believe my trainer has already fed him several similar berries - they have been shown to lessen the effect of the poison, but not completely cure it. The Beedrills on this island appear to have particularly potent venom..."
Drampa placed the berry next to the sleeping Ashton.
"I am more concerned for you at the moment, as a matter of fact. What exactly do you have in that bag of yours? If that bag used to belong to your trainer, it may contain medicine. Is there anything amongst its contents that you are unfamiliar with? Human medicine can appear confounding to us pokemon, but I have seen my fair share of it: I may be able to identify it for you, and ask my trainer to use it on you."

"Goodnight Drampa, 'night Squirtle..." Ashton muttered in his sleep.
His eyes were closed and the green almost gone. Iniside the Pokeball, Poli was sleeping contently, somehow know that his Trainer was going to make and strengthening their bond even moreso. Ashton moved the red and white Pokeball closer to his chest almost cuddling with it. Ashton's messy white hair sprawled across the soft green grass. A smile on his face.

Last edited:

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
A reminder to everyone on this thread that posts in the RP forum must be at least one paragraph long in accordance with our RP forum rules. One line is NOT one paragraph and there are quite a lot of one-liners in this thread.

Posting multiple times in a row is not allowed by our global rules, either. You have an edit button. Use it.

Please read the rules if you haven't done so and follow them from now on. Further reports of anyone's conduct in this thread or others will result in warnings.

"U- umm... u- uhh... w- well, u- umm... I- I have this p- purple bottle thing. It looks like some sort of spray that someone would like u- use against b- bu- bugs or some... thing," Seth replied to the Drampa. The turtle Pokémon slowly unzipped the bag and took out a purple bottle that contained a mysterious, clear liquid. The Squirtle carefully zipped the bag and held up the bottle in clear sight of the Drampa.

"Please, please, please in the name of Arceus tell me that big dragon thing's not gonna be planning on using that thing on me!" Seth thought, as his shaky grip tightened on the bottle.

"There's really no way out of this is there? I swear, this seriously has to be some sort of punishment set by God himself!" Seth added in his mind before a tear fell from his eye.

As night began to fall Alister and Growlithe reached the edge of what seemed to be a large lake. The forest had grown absolutely quiet, all Alister could hear was his and Growlithe’s breathing.
Sighing, Alister slipped off his rucksack and sat down with his back against a nearby tree. He sat there facing the calm waters of the lake for what seemed like hours while Growlithe sniffed around the area. Occasionally Growlithe would pause to listen. For what? Alister didn’t have a clue but Growlithe had never steered him wrong.
Alister has apparently fallen asleep because he was awakened by Growlithe pulling on his pant leg.
“Got somethin’ bud?” He asked quizzingly.
Growlithe barked an affirmative and they were back to the hunt. As far as Alister could tell, in the faint moonlight, they were slowly making their way around the lake.

Drampa recognized the purple spray immediately.
"Ah, perfect! I have seen this device many times before. This is what humans call a 'potion.' If we were to apply this to your wounds, it would accelerate your healing significantly. I am unable to operate it myself, but my trainer is certainly capable - let me summon him."

Drampa beckoned to his trainer who was investigating some suspicious rocks a few meters away.

"What is it, Drampa?" Cole asked as he approached. The pokemon motioned towards the Potion that Seth was holding.
"I see." said Cole, and he took a closer look at Seth. "Wow, I had no idea how injured you really were... I'm sorry for letting you remain in this condition for so long! Is it okay if I use this on you?" he asked, putting his hand on the bottle.

Seth gulped, as he handed over the purple bottle with a shaky grip. The turtle Pokémon slowly took a step back from the boy, as the Squirtle’s curly tail twitched. Seth began to breathe loudly at an abnormal rate, as he carefully placed his left hand on his chest. His heart raced like a marathon runner on its last mile. It was apparent that the little Pokémon refused to take off the bandages in order to allow ease of the medicine.

“I- I can’t do it... t- they’ll think I’m weak, and I’ll probably even be more than that since that stuff really hurts!” Seth thought, as he hoped the Drampa had no eyes on him. He focused his gaze towards the ground. He attempted to launch a forceful shot of water at the earth; though all that came out was a tiny, harmless stream of water that would likely make a Caterpie giggle for hours.

“I- is there s- so- some ot- other w- wa- wa- way? L- like j- just o- on- one w- way f- for crying out l- lo- loud!” Seth shrieked to the Drampa, as the turtle Pokémon took a few more steps away from the boy. The Squirtle took another deep breath, as it was clear that he attempted to find the nearest path of escape.

Drampa was sympathetic towards Seth's aversion to the Potion.
"I know it's painful, little one: I have had this medicine administered to me many times. Even my trainer knows that it is painful, for he has had to administer it to himself on a few dire occasions during our travels. So if you are concerned that we may look down upon you for reacting to this pain, then I urge you to dismiss these concerns. Between you and I, my trainer has cried every time he has applied it to himself. But do not make it known that I have told you this - he too finds it embarrassing." Drampa let out a hearty chuckle as he confided in Seth, hoping that disclosing this secret regarding his trainer would lessen the small pokemons worries.

Cole reached out toward the retreating Squirtle. "It'll be over quickly," he said reassuringly. "And you'll feel much better afterwards."

Name: John
Physical Appearance: White shirt, Black pants, blue shoes, Blue bag, short black hair and brown eyes.
Personality: Kind, Helpful, gets mad easily and doesn’t like to be alone.
Pokémon Team: Charizard (Male)

John woke up inside of a shelter that his Charizard had made for him with berries and water next to him which John quickly ate out of hunger and thirst. John also saw his Charizard sitting outside of the shelter and quickly asked, “Hey Charizard did you make this shelter to protect me while I was unconscious.” Charizard looked at his trainer and nodded yes to John. “Charizard did you check around the ship for any survivors,” said John with Charizard nodding no to him as a reply, “Well can you go fly around this island for any survivors please,” asked John with Charizard standing up with a smile and flying off to go look for any other survivors while John looked around the shelter and saw his bag that still had some Pokeballs, Great balls, Potions, Revives and some more berries inside of it.

Last edited:
Seth continued to back away from the boy, as he gave out a lengthy moan soon after. It was apparent that the turtle Pokémon was cornered against a tall tree and several bushes. There was no way out for the Squirtle, as he covered his mouth for a brief moment with his right hand. His slight attempt failed to mask the loud sounds of his rapid breaths. His body quivered, as he thought, "There's gotta be a way out of this! I'll eat ten of those fruit things if I have to!"

"U- u- u- u- ur... urm... u- u- u- uhh... w- we- we... ll... u- umm... u- uh- uhh... u- urm... umm... uhh... y- ya s- s- s- s... see... uhh... u- urm... u- um- umm," The Squirtle quickly babbled, as he shuddered with utmost horror. He cowered in terror when the boy reached out towards him. The little Pokémon flinched at the sight of the purple bottle, as he attempted to blow the best bubble he could towards the ground. Much to the Squirtle's disappointment however, all that came out was a innocuous, tiny bubble. The blue bubble popped the moment it made contact with the ground.

"H- he- he- he... lp... m- m- m- me... g- g- go- go- g... o... d," Seth slowly and faintly blabbered to himself, before he shielded his watering eyes with his right hand. He could only hope that the process would at least be done quick. It was clear upon observant eyes that the bandages would have to be removed, or changed soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.