• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Shipwrecked on Staryu Sands!

Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATED ISLAND POKÉMON

On a cruise ship that set off from the Johto region, a storm suddenly overcame you. You managed to stay afloat until you washed up on the shore of Staryu Sands, an island that appeared to be inhabited solely by Pokémon.* There was a vast, white beach, bordered by an enormous forest. Above the tree line you could see a mountain towering above. You lost almost all your belongings, but luckily managed to hold on to your Pokémon. How will you survive? How will you get back home?

Fill in this character bio:

Name:
Physical Appearance:
Personality:
Pokémon Team (only one to start, can catch them on the island):

The following Pokémon inhabit the island and the surrounding waters:

Staryu, Wingull, Pelipper, Chinchou, Remoraid, Octillery, Lotad, Lombre, Tentacool, Tentacruel, Shellder, Clamperl, Huntail, Gorebyss, Qwilfish, Corsola, Corphish, Krabby, Kingler, Spheal, Luvdisc, Seel, Mantyke, Carvanha, Wailmer, Wailord, Horsea, Relicanth, Omanyte, Squirtle, Mudkip, Feebas, Poliwag, Wooper, Quagsire, Psyduck, Goldeen, Magikarp, Spinarak, Yanma, Paras, Shroomish, Hoothoot, Natu, Xatu, Caterpie, Weedle, Kakuna, Metapod, Butterfree, Beedrill, Oddish, Gloom, Ekans, Sentret, Zigzagoon, Hoppip, Cubone, Machop, Ponyta, Teddiursa, Skarmory, Aron, Venipede, Aipom, Chatot, Dhelmise, Sandygast, Croagunk, Dedenne, Pikipek, Trumbeak, Toucannon, Inkay, Rockruff, Mareanie, Passimian, Kecleon, Pineco, Dewpider, Zubat, Murkrow, Chingling, Spinarak, Scatterbug, Pansear, Panpour, Pansage, Nincada, Dunsparce, Spritzee, Fomantis, Dwebble, Binacle, Skrelp, Helioptile, Skorupi, Bonsly, Swablu, Tropius, Pyukumuku

Rare Pokémon: Lapras, Dratini, Larvitar, Gible, Feebas, Malamar, Araquanid, Carbink, Rowlet, Crustle, Heracross, Scyther

Name: Corey
Physical Appearance: 5"0, blue eyes, messy and long brown hair, freckles, wears a white tee with brown cargo shorts and a yellow backpack
Personality: bubbly, curious, excitable, brave, goes out of his way to help others, self-critical
Pokémon Team: Gligar

Corey had never been so scared. He couldn't find his older sister anywhere, and he was laying on the beach, coughing up saltwater. He shouted for help, then his sister's name. He couldn't see anyone else and had no idea where he'd washed up.
Corey felt like crying, but at that moment, his Gligar swooped down and nuzzled at his face.
"Thank goodness you're safe," he cried, wiping his eyes and patting Gligar's head.
"Gliiiii...." was the response.
"Come on, Gligar," the boy said determinedly, picking himself up off the sand. "We have to get help!"

Last edited:
(Edit: forgot personality)

Name: Cole
Age 16
Physical Appearance: ~6ft tall, buzzed black hair - minimalistic attire (plain grey shirt and jeans).
Pokemon Team: Drampa
Personality: Reserved, but not unkind. Diligent in his pursuit strength, but tries not to let it get to his head.
Cole approached the shoreline in rather stately manner, riding along the surface of the water on the back of his oldest and most-trusted partner, Drampa. It's not like he was trying to appear noble, though; the truth was, he just didn't know how to swim.

"Thanks old friend" he said to his pokemon, giving him a pat on the neck after jumping off onto the beach. "I would've been a goner if I didn't have you - hope I wasn't too heavy."

"Draaammmpppa" the pokemon responded nonchalantly, letting the boy know it was no problem.

"I guess we ought to build a shelter or something... Seems like we may be here for a while. Let's go look look for some materials."

The dragon nodded its head slowly in agreement and the two made their way towards the woods.

Last edited:
Name: Ashton
Physical Appearance: 5"3, black eyes, messy, spiky white hair, red leather jacket, black v undershirt, blue jeans, Pokeball belt, green backpack
Personality: Caring, comedic, will fake it so other won't worry, can be distrustful
Pokemon Team: Poliwhirl (Poli)

Ashton bolted up and started coughing up saltwater. Pain ricocheted through his chest, his throat ached. He looked scanned the area; Ashton himself was on a sandy white beach, a forest was close. No one was in his vision, fortunately, his eyes landed on a single Pokeball: almost fully covered in sand. He struggled to his feet, a feeling of lightheadedness panged in through his head. He attempted to sprint towards his lone Pokemon (he hoped). After he was about a foot away, Ashton fell to his knees, his legs had given out. Thankfully he was close enough to army-crawl a couple times to get to the Pokeball. Ashton clasped his hands around the Pokeball and pressed the white button; located in the middle of the ball.
A white light blinded Ashton for a split-second. And out burst Ashton's lifelong partner and friend: Poliwhirl.
"Poli-Whirrrlllll!" Cried Ashton's Poli, just happy to see his Trainer again.
"Hey, buddy!" Ashton said, his voice hoarse, overjoyed to see his Pokemon.
The cuddled in the sand, hugging each other and Poli occasionally blasting water into Ashton's mouth.
"Now then, let's see if we can find some more survivors.
"Whirl!" Poli said in agreement.

It didn't take long for Cole and Drampa to build a rudimentary shelter for themselves at the edge of the forest. They made a small fire as well, in hopes of attracting the attention of any ships that may pass by.

"I wonder" said Cole, "are we the only survivors? That was a pretty nasty wreck..."
"Draaampaaa" his pokemon responded solemnly.
"Maybe we should try and find out...? Oh, I have an idea! Drampa, use hyper voice!"
"DRAMPAAAAAA!!!!!!"
At Cole's command a deafening roar rang through the air.
"I wonder if anyone heard... Or if they did, you might have sacred them off! Haha."

Corey and Gligar had been yelling for help, but no one seemed to hear them. They hadn't strayed from the beach because Corey thought the forest looked kind of intimidating, and he figured any survivors would have ended up on the beach like him.
A little dejected, he kicked the sand. A little Corphish scuttled away in irritation.
"What are we going to do?" he sighed. His Pokémon shrugged.
Just at that moment, a noise caught his attention. It sounded like another Pokémon using a move! Without even stopping to consider it might be a dangerous wild Pokémon, Corey ran towards the source of the sound.
"Hey!" he shouted. "Is someone there?!"

Ashton had found his green backpack, which was still a little wet but in good enough shape to use. Inside were some of the Pokeballs he brought that he was going to use but that obviously didn't pan out. There were mostly Pokeballs, Dive balls, a few Great balls, and even less Ultra Balls. There was one other item; but he couldn't even look or describe what it was. About two thirds of each didn't work (the item did still work). The ones that were broken or cracked, Ashton disposed of.
Poli was resting in his Pokeball. That's when he heard the noise. Ashton pulled out Poli's Pokeball, just in case. He then started to sprint to where he thought the sound was emanating from.
"Alright, this better be more survivors!"

Last edited:
Name: Issac
Physical Appearance: 5''4 on height. Issac have short curly light brown hair, his eyes are the color of chocolate and some light freckles on his face. His clothes are normally a green t-shirt and and black pants that have small pockets. Also a yellow/beige backpack to put items.
Personality: Issac is a shy boy, normally keeping to himself or just talking with his Pokemon. He doesn't trust others easily which can cause some problems but he cares a lot about his friends,pokemon and family.
Pokemon Team (only one to start, can catch them on the island): Chikorita

Issac looked around with a scared expression, he knew that the accident caused some damage but the only thing that he could remember was people screaming and him falling on the deep sea water. And now he was here, sitting on the sand with his clothes and backpack and a poke-ball which contained his partner. Actually that would be a good idea to let her out.
The curly haired boy let out Chikorita out of her ball, the grass starter looked around confused too.
"" I think that we are lost"" Issac told her, which he received a nod, he heard briefly a loud noise, was that a survivor?. Putting his backpack on his shoulder he ran to what he guessed that the noise was coming from. Chikokrta was ahead of him.

Cole stood in agonizing suspense as Drampa's hyper voice echoed through the air.

What if no one else made it? What if I'm alone here?

He was about to give up hope until he noticed the silhouettes of several figures making their way towards him from around the beach. He ran to meet them, shouting at the same time:

"HEY!!! OVER HERE!!! Thank goodness I'm not the only one!"

Issac saw a male and what he guessed that was Drampa. Not bothering to hide his smile he walked to meet the black haired trainer.
Chikorita was the first one to reach them, but quickly retread to her trainer side, the grass Pokemon was unsure about them, if they could trust them or not.
""I am glad too!"" Issac told him with a relieved sigh, he put down his hands on his pockets and watched his Pokemon from afar, well he guessed that it was his Pokemon.

Corey found his way to the origin of the sound- a Dragon Pokémon which he assumed belonged to the tall, older boy with short dark hair.
On his way, he noticed two other kids running towards him too.
"I'm so happy I'm not alone," Corey admitted emotionally when he reached the other trainer. "Have you seen my sister? I can't find her, I don't know what to do."

Issac stared at the other trainer, curious. He picked his partner and tried to think, no, other that these three survivors that he is seeing now he did not found a girl.
"" I am sorry but I dont saw your sister, how does she looks like?"" Issac asked, maybe he could help the trainer, Chikorita tilted her head, she wanted to know who these trainers are.

Although Drampa was quite large, he really was a gentle creature and tried his best to reassure the newcomers with a soft bellow and a warm smile.

"Paaaaaa..."

"Oh right, sorry if Drampa here scared you..." Cole said to the curly haired boy and his Chikorita. "I just figured an attack would be the best way to draw everyone's attention."

Cole saw another boy approaching, with long messy hair, out of the corner of his eye.

"Have you seen my sister? I can't find her, I don't know what to do" he said.

"I'm sorry, you're the first people I've seen here... But don't worry, I'm sure she's fine - hopefully she heard Drampa's call and is on her way over here!" Cole tried his best to reassure the boy, but he wasn't entirely convinced of what he was saying... It was a bad wreck after all... She may not have made it...

"Anyway, my name's Cole - what are your names?"

Ashton arrived adrenaline racing but he was just happy to see other people survived. He called Poli out.
"Yo! My name's Ashton and this here is Poli!" Ashton had overhead Cole's question.
"Pppoollliii!" The Poliwhirl said kind of distrustful yet still happy to see surviving Pokemon.

Issac decided that they could be trusted, since everyone was introducing himself he gave it a try.
""My name is Issac and this is my partner Chikorita"" Issac answered Cole question.
"" Chiko"" Chikorita made a noise that sounded like a introduction, she relaxed a little, she knew that her trainer did not trust people easily so maybe they are good people.

Ashton steadied his breathing, "Cool! Nice Drampa and Chikorita by the way; do they have nicknames?" Ashton asked.

Ashton's Poliwhirl nervously approached the Drampa and Chikorita, and made a "Poli-pol-pol-WHIRRLLLL!"
Which was basically a nice greeting and introducing himself, but quickly after he retreated behind Ashton's leg. Only taking peeks from out behind.
"Hey, buddy want to get back into your Pokeball?" Ashton asked sweetly.
Poli nodded his head and Ashton got out his Pokeball and in a flash of red light, he was gone.

Last edited by a moderator:
"It's nice to meet you both!" Cole responded. "You guys have nice pokemon as well - I can tell they've been raised with love and affection! Drampa doesn't have a nickname actually... I've only ever just called him 'Drampa'"

"" No, sometimes I call her Leafy but I dont think that defines as nickname"" Issac answered, he only called her that when both are alone, also yea, not the most original nickname ever.
Chikorita just stared when the Poliwhirl got inside his poke-ball, she jumped out of her trainers arm and checked Drampa from afar.

Corey looked down, a little disappointed and unsure after hearing no one had seen his sister.
"I hope she finds me," he mumbled. Gligar nipped his arm lightly in reassurance.
Shaking himself out of the negative mood, Corey smiled at his new companions. "My name is Corey; this is my Gligar. I'm glad we weren't separated from our Pokémon."
He leant down to pet Issac's Chikorita.
"What are we going to do? There might be dangerous Pokémon, and we have to find food and a way to get off this island!"

"' Well, I think the first thing that we should is to find food and a safe place to spend the night"" Issac suggested, he was just on the start of his journey, but, he knew that Chikorita could protect him from some Pokemon.

Chikorita reacted with surprise at Cole petting her, kinda nice but she decided to remain on her trainer side

Drampa was used to smaller Pokemon being weary of him, so he tried to appear as friendly and docile as possible as Chikorita checked him out from afar.

"Happy you're here, Corey and Gligar" Cole responded to their greeting. "I think you're right: finding food should be a top priority. I think I may have seen some fruit in the forest when I was collecting materials for that shelter I made... Wild pokemon are definitely a concern in there, though. But it looks like we're all trainers here! I'm sure we can handle it!"

"Alright!" Corey agreed. "Me and Gligar will go get some food. We can usually take on wild Pokémon, but if we get into any trouble, we'll shout."
Gligar had been Corey's partner since he was seven years old, having found the bat-like Pokémon abandoned by its mother in his back yard. They had a strong bond and Gligar had become quite a formidable opponent, at least to the low-level, generally docile wild Pokémon of Corey's hometown.
"Anyone wanna join us?" the boy asked.

"" I could help! Chikorita could use her vines if the fruits are too high"" Issac offered.
Chikorita smiled at Drampa, she did not wanted any enemies now, when her trainer mentioned her vines she put her head high proud as her green vines appeared.

Drampa seemed pleased that Chikorita was no longer skeptical of him.

"We may as well go together" Cole joined in. "But I may split off partway to look for some firewood - A smoke signal might be our best option to get rescued."

Corey grinned at Chikorita's display.
"Yeah, that's a great idea," he agreed. "Gligar, stick close to me."
He began to walk up the beach towards the forested area. The trees were very different to the ones back home. As soon as he entered the forest, it felt as though the trees shuffled to block out the light. It was very quiet, but every now and again, he saw something shift out of the corner of his eye.
"Be careful, guys," he called nervously.

Issac followed Corey, sometimes he felt that the group was being followed or watched. Maybe the Pokemon around the area never saw a single human in their lives maybe that was the reason that they are watching them.

Chikorita was almost glued to Issac, sometimes she would glare at part of tress or bushes, maybe to give a warning if a certain Pokemon dared to think about attacking them.

Cole and Drampa tagged along at the back of the group. As they journeyed deeper into the forest he could feel the eyes of many wild pokemon upon them... Many of the smaller ones seemed intimidated by the large dragon-type, but there were others that seemed just about ready to pounce.

"This is deeper than I went in before, so stay on your toes..." Cole cautioned.

Corey kept walking at the front of the line. He was confident that Gligar would be able to protect him from whatever the forest threw at him, but he still didn't want his Pokémon to get hurt.
He turned to make sure the others were okay, and as he did so, he noticed a strange assortment of fruit high up in the trees above.
"Look!" Corey yelled excitedly. "Cole! Issac! There's fruit!"
He asked Gligar to fly up to one of the trees and bring back down a large orange fruit made up of lots of different berries.

"Alright!" Cole exclaimed.
Drampa managed to grab some of the low-hanging fruits by extending his long neck up into the branches. He began to pile them onto his back for transportation.
"Huh, these sure are some interesting looking fruits" Cole remarked. "I hope they're actually edible!"

Issac turned his head when Corey yelled, the boy saw many fruit and berries on the tall tress. Well, finding food was easier that he thought.
'" I think that you know what to do Chikorita"" Issac told the pokemon.

Chikorita nodded, her vines sprung and reached some of the fruits, not the ones that are above but not low to the ground neither.
The vines picked the food and the grass Pokemon put on the ground in a nice pile.

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
Name: Otis Russell

Physical Appearance: She has long brown wavy hair, with hazel eyes. She wears a sky blue bandana, blue glasses, a white fluffy sweater, blue jeans and red sneakers.

Personality: She is kind and protective, but impatient and a bit cowardly. Otis can be competitive in Pokemon battles. She knows some survival skill luckily, and is a great swimmer.

Pokemon Team: Nia, a female Venipede (Nia also wears a sky blue bandana)

She coughed up some water. Her vision was blurry, and all she heard was the crashing of the waves. “Nia? Are you okay?” Otis searched around the sand, and her hands came in contact with a Venipede. She sighed with relief, and nudged the Venipede. “Nia, time to wake up...” Nia lifted her small head to look at her trainer. She realized that Otis didn’t have her glasses on, and the young Venipede shoved a pair of blue glasses in front of her trainer. Otis smiled and picked up the glasses, she put them on her face, and her vision returned to normal. “Thanks Nia.” Otis then took a look at her surroundings. She was on a sandy beach, with some broken wood scattered around them.

Ashton was asleep when the Natu used Peck and hit him in the gut. The Natu's beak nearly went into his stomach. He let out a loud yell of pain.
"OH NO YOU DIDN'T, YOU GREEN BIRD!" He yelled, "Poliwhirl, I Choose You!"
Ashton threw Poli's Pokeball and in a blinding flash of white light his Poliwhirl was out and ready for battle.
"Na-na-NATTTUUUUU!" While doing that pink waves emanated from its open beak.
Ashton recognized it as the move Psychic, alas it was too late to evade the attack.
The blast sent Poli flying but a split-second before it smashed into the tree; Ashton dove and caught his partner before serious damage could be done.
"Poli Use Water Gun!" Ashton ordered.
Poliwhirl bowed up his torso and water exploded in a thin line and hit the Natu. It's feather got damp, and it seemed to scare the Natu to the point where it fled.
"Good job Poli!" Ashton said.
He rubbed his head and then retrieved him into his Pokeball.

Name: Aurora

Physical Appearance: 180 cm tall girl (5 foot 9) with long, frosty silver-blue hair, blue eyes and pale white skin with an almost permanent blush. Wears a blue skirt, white hi-top sneakers and a matching white polo with a small blue backpack (big enough to fit a small pokemon). She always despite the heat wears a white scarf which usually covers her facial expressions.

Personality: Coming from Snowpoint City in Sinnoh, her personality is appropriately cold. She is usually very calm, calculated and does not talk much. However, that takes a 180 turn in Pokemon battles, which she absolutely loves and lives for. Idolizes the Snowpoint Gym Leader and is herself specialized in Ice Types, although she back home also did very well with Fire Type Pokemon which are needed to survive the cold and fit her fiery battle personality. She misses her other Pokemon, Monferno, dearly which she had to leave at home whilst she was away because her parents need its ability to heat the house whilst she was on an anyway warm tropical Johto cruise.

Pokémon Team: Froslass

Aurora opened her eyes. A cool breeze caressed her slightly sunburnt skin. She tries to stand up but couldn’t do it with tiring pain permeating her whole body. “I must have been knocked out for hours,” she thought. Her hand reached for her Pocket with her Pokeball. The Pokeball however, was already open. She looked up and saw Froslass looking down on her. The cold eyes of the Pokemon created a sense of security in Aurora. Usually, Ghost type pokemon’s eyes are like that to lure in potential pray, but for Aurora, these were the eyes which she trusted more than anything. “So, you must have pulled me out of the water?” Aurora asked, Froslass just blinked in response, Aurora assumed as a yes, “well, can you help me a little more. Help me get on my feet please.” Froslass in a single swift movement grabbed her under the armpits, making Aurora shiver momentarily, but in the same moment she was already lifted onto her feet. “Thanks! I owe you”, Aurora exclaimed, “I still need you though to help me find food and maybe some survivors. I can’t be the only one,” she continued methodically. On he way, she already started thinking about how to spend the night and what to do with her still moist clothes. She is also wondering how much of her bag contents survived. She assumed her phone didn’t, but the pokeballs and netballs which she specifically brough to the trip? She did not know.

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
She saw a person in the distance, pretty far away from the pair. “Should we go to them?” Otis pat Nia’s head, and the Pokemon nodded her head ‘Yes’ in reply. “Okay then, let’s go.” Otis picked herself up, along with Nia. She stumbled a bit, still a bit tired from swimming her way here and blacking out. Otis made her way to them, and then she got a close up view of them. They had a Froslass with them, and Nia’s antennas perked up. Otis finally made it a close distance to them, “Hello... um... I’m guessing that you got stuck here too?” Nia hopped out of Otis’ arms, and looked up at the girl.

Corey looked at the pile of fruit they'd accumulated. There was a lot, enough to feed them all for a few days.
"Great job, team!" he smiled, both at the people and Pokémon. He started to pile lots of fruit into his backpack- and then he suddenly heard a buzzing sound from behind.
He whirled round.
"Wh- what-"
The buzzing got louder, until it became clear that it was three angry Beedrill!
"Gligar, come on!" Corey yelped, scared by the sudden appearance of the the hostile Pokémon. "Use Aerial Ace!"
Gligar attacked, sensing his Trainer's fear and wanting to protect him.

Issac looked at the three attacking Pokemon, surprised, well maybe these are the eyes that are watching them after all.
"" Uh, Chikorita use Razor Leaf!"" Issac instructed.

Chikorita attacked, sending small blades with full force on the three Beedrill

Ashton heard a loud buzzing and what he thought was Corey's voice. Worry filled his mind. He looked into the lid of Poliwhirl's Pokeball.
"Buddy, make sure to get ready for battle (just in case!"
He started full-on running towards where he thought the buzzing and yelling was emanating from.
"I'M COMING COREY!" He yelled.

Corey was grateful to have Issac's backup, and he could hear that Ashton was on the way.
One of the Beedrill lashed out at Gligar with Poison Jab- neither Corey nor Gligar reacted in time, and the Pokémon was struck, letting out a pained cry.
"Gligar!" Corey screamed, running toward his Pokémon to make sure it was okay.
Gligar struggled to stand, making the effort for its Trainer, but it was clearly suffering under the effects of poison.
"Oh no," Corey whispered, drawing his parter Pokémon into his arms.

Cole was off collecting firewood a short distance off when he heard Corey's panicked yelp. He spun around to see three hostile Beedrills assailing the boys still by the tree.

"Drampa! Fire Blast!" He issued instinctively, and the Dragon spewed forth an impressive ball of flames.

"BEEDRILLLLLL!!!" one of the pokemon exclaimed in agony as its wings were seared by the attack and it retreated back into the depths of the woods. But due to the distance from which the attack was issued, the other two Beedrills had time dodge it.

Chikorita was thankful that Drampa came to the rescue, especially since they knew a fire move. One of the remaining Beedrill realized that she was distracted a little and attacked with Poison Jab.
With a pained cry she tried to find a balance but quickly was on the ground,.
""AH! Chikorita come back!"" Issac picked the poke-ball and let his Pokemon in. He knew that she could fight a little more but her being a grass type and the opponent a bug-poison type did not help

Aurora heard someone approach her, temporrily she was on her guard, but since Froslass did not give any signs of potential threat, Aurora relaxed. She then heard a voice close to her, and since she was the only one nearby, she assumed it must be to her. Aurora turned around exhaling in relief in realization that there were other survivors. Froslass turned around too, piercing the young trainer and its Venipede with its usual frosty look. Aurora felt slightly uncomfortable without her scarf which she put in her bag due to it being wet, but tried to calmly respond: ”hi... yeah that wreck was pretty bad,” she scratched her head, “How long has it been? I’ve slightly lost track of time...” Aurora then jolted and hastily added: “oh I am sorry, my name is Aurora, what’s yours?”

Status
Not open for further replies.