• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Shipwrecked on Staryu Sands!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ashton arrived in decent time.
"Poliwhirl use Mud Shot on the two remaining Beedrills!" He ordered.
Poliwhirl kicked up mud which only hit one. The attack itself didn't do too much to the Pokemon itself but it did ground the 2nd Beedrill (the mud got in its wings).
Both Beedrills used Toxic Spikes in unison, Ashton didn't have time to think, once again he jumped in front of Poliwhirl before they could sting him. The Beedrills did in fact, get Ashton. Seconds after being stabbed he passed out, his face already turning green.

With Chikorita out of the battle and Gligar and Ashton seriously injured, it was up to Cole to make sure he and the younger boys got out of the forest safely.

"Drampa!" He shouted as he rushed back to the fruit tree. "Finish them off with a dragon pulse, quickly!"

"DramPAAA!!!" The Dragon unleashed a potent beam of purple energy and swept it through the air, making quick work of the two remaining Beedrill. He was an older and more experienced trainer than the three he was with, but it definitely wouldn't have been that easy if it weren't for the Beedrills having been worn down in advance. Cole rushed over to the scene.

"Is everyone okay!?"

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
Nia took a step back from the Froslass who gave them a piercing look. Otis nodded as she listened to Aurora, “Hmm, I don’t know the time either.” She thought for a second, it has probably been a few hours since the wrecking of the boat. “And it’s okay, my name is Otis.” She smiled a bit, feeling more relaxed then she had been a few minutes ago. Otis then heard something, Huh . . . wonder what made that sound . . . “Did you hear that? Want to go check it out with me?”

Corey was berating himself for letting Gligar get hurt, cradling the Pokémon in his arms, but he snapped out of it when he heard Issac's cry.
"Oh, Arceus," Corey blinked, trying not to panic. He took out his Pokéball and returned his injured Gligar to it so he could help Ashton.
He dragged the boy out of the Beedrill's attack range, letting Issac and Cole deal with them, then knelt down to focus on helping Ashton.
The other boy's pulse was weak and he looked very sick and pale.
Corey had no idea what to do, until he had an idea. "Maybe some of the fruit has healing properties?!"
It was a long shot, but he began to grind up some of the fruit into a paste that might have some medicinal value, for both Ashton and Gligar.

"" Uhh, do you know what are you doing?"" Issac asked Corey, in the panic he felt that he knew something, but what it was?. With his hand on his chin he traveled back to his mind, trying to remember something.
""Is there any Pecha Berry?"" Issac suddenly remembered what he forgot, Pecha berry cures poison, well in Pokemon at least, he did not read anything about using on human.

Cole rushed up to Corey as he frantically crushed the berries from the tree, obviously very concerned for his Gligar and Ashton.

"Oh geez, sorry I couldn't have gotten over to you guys sooner..." He apologized. "It was kind of my unspoken responsibility to watch over you guys, I can't believe I let things get so out of hand..."

He paused for a moment to observe what Corey was doing.

"Ah! I think you have the right idea. If there's a pecha berry or somthing similar in there, we may be able to cure the poison."

"Not really!" Corey admitted. If he was honest, he didn't really know that much about berries or even status conditions. He hadn't encountered many dangerous Pokémon before, sticking to the local area. In fact, he felt a little overwhelmed realising the real danger he was in, despite having wanted to enjoy a cruise with his sister.
"I don't know what a Pecha Berry looks like," Corey confessed. "Can you have a look?" he asked Issac. He thanked him and Cole for defeating the Beedrill. "Me and Gligar really got into trouble there. I thought I could handle it- I guess I was wrong," he finished, downhearted and worried for his Pokémon and his new friend Ashton.

Issac nodded and searched the desired berry, it was a pink and purple one with green leaves.
"Yes"" Issac said holding some Pecha berries, he handed to Corey since he was kinda making medicine.
"" Feed one of them to Gligar, and maybe try to feed one to Ashton?"" He was still unsure about if the berry would work on a normal human.

"Thanks," Corey accepted the berry and started to crush it into a paste that would be easier to feed the fainted Ashton. "I hope this works..."
He pushed some of the paste into Ashton's mouth, waiting to see if it would help.

(OOC: Character bio has been slightly changed to fit with my Pokémon character as a result of getting permission from the RP creator to use only a Pokémon for the RP.)

Name:
His name is Seth.
Species: Squirtle / Tiny Turtle Pokémon
Age: His age is estimated to be equivalent to that of a young schoolchild.
Physical Appearance: Seth stands at a slightly shorter height of only 16 inches tall, as he has a modest build. Other than his smaller than average size and somewhat lighter blue skin, his looks are that of your average, everyday Squirtle.
Personality: Seth tends to be assertive when out in the field of battle or in the midst of a simple clash of words and wits. He can sometimes get carried away with his self-confidence, as it usually leads to him being unable to handle the trouble he receives soon after. He often attempts to usually do things that would only help himself, though it often results in adding onto the trouble and landing him a trip with the nurse if things get out of hand.
Ability: Torrent (Increases the potency of Water-based moves if the Pokémon is in a pinch.)
Other: He has on a light layering of wrapping bandages on his left hand and most of the frontal part of his shell. He also sports on a light gray beret with the letter R on its frontal, center area that is in a light shading of blush red.

BIC:

Seth slowly blinked, as he carefully adjusted to his surroundings. The turtle Pokémon gave a light sigh when he saw a small, leathery shoulder bag. Upon closer inspection, the container appeared to have several tears on its frontal side. The sand was carefully wiped and shaken off within a hasty minute. The bag was likely almost finished drying in the warm, dry sunlight after a few pats were given. The Squirtle decided to wear the bag around his right shoulder once he managed to secure the strap to a comfortable, shorter height. He slowly picked up a small, gray beret that was in a lighter shading. He vigorously shook off the sand and other foreign particles that were on the flat cap. He quietly blew on the letter R that proudly displayed itself on the frontal area of the cap. He decided to happily put the beret on after he confirmed the lack of dirt or sand on it a brief moment later.

"Well, at least I'm safe here... though there's some stuff missing in that girl's bag. Dammit! That stupid storm was what stopped me from getting onto that dang ship and maybe being able to take a little bonus in the first place! Guess I'll have to make everything count, and maybe even try to get back with the girl again if there ain't anything bad around here. If only there was an easier way for me to make this weird, stinging feeling go away... and no, I'm not gonna even try to take out that white, wrapping stuff on me yet!" Seth thought, as he took several lengthy breaths of the cleansing air.

He decided to carefully inspect the opened bag, as he found: a small, digital device with the model number being H-505, a small, purple bottle filled with a mysterious, clear liquid, and a rustic gray card that had a picture of a girl with some basic information on it. He decided to look around on the sandy ground for a brief moment; though much to his disappointment, it was apparent that no other articles were present within the surrounding area. He quickly zipped up the bag once he confirmed all the items inside the modest container.

"Okay, so I have some stuff to work with, but I don't think I even know what to do with any of these things. Maybe I should see if anyone's around... or else I'll have to do everything myself then," The Squirtle thought, as he decided to head into the forest after a quick check with the bag and beret.

"Hope to dear Arceus there ain't like some sort of big bee or spider in those trees... otherwise this could end up more than just two hours lying in bed and having to drink that weird pink stuff!" Seth added in his mind, before he continued to carefully venture into the large woodland.

Name: George
Physical Appearance: Brown, messy hair, blue jeans, red striped shirt, white socks, green shoes, white skin tone
and small backpack, and green eyes
Personality: Positive, extravert, clueless, selfless
Pokémon Team: Pidgeotto
George's eyes opened, he suddenly realized he was in mid-air. He looked up and saw his Pokémon, Pidgeotto
and rejoiced as soon as he saw him. He was wondering what happened, and remembered everything. Close by, he could
spot land. He directed his Pidgeotto to it. He saw figures as he got closer to the island. People! George thought. Maybe they can
get me and you, Pidgeotto, out of here. Oh, and Ivysaur, and... wait! Where'd there Pokeballs go?! Oh no, oh no....
Soon, they landed on the island, Pidgeotto exhausted. He walked slowly to the others and waved as they saw him,
George realizing they were also victims of the crash..

Last edited:
George's small supply of normal Pokeballs and Great Balls fell out of his sack, so then George awkwardly picked them up.
George then started to wave again as he put them back in his backpack. They stared and were about to speak, it seemed.

Ashton's eyes slowly opened, he felt sick to his stomach a sharp pain where the Bedrill had stabbed him. Basically, feeling like he had the flu but 10x worse. He looked at his other friends and said;
"Did we win?" In a very sickly voice.

Cole was relieved to see Ashton opening his eyes. He let out a relived laugh.
"Yeah buddy, we won. You're a brave guy, you know that? I saw you jump in front of your Poliwhirl back there, that was really noble of you. But more importantly, how are you feeling? We gave you some Pecha berries - they cure poison in pokemon but were not sure if they work in humans..."

Ashton smiled, even though he felt like a bag of crap.
"Thanks, the berries helped in the least bit, but maybe if I had been here in the first place..." His eyes started to bubble up with tears. "Maybe Corey's Gligar wouldn't be hurt-"
He turned to his side and puked up everything. The pain was the only thing he could feel in that moment.
"It's all my fault..." He muttered as his eyes started closing, his face turning even greener from the poison.
The pecha berry was starting to wear off, his condition worsening.

"Nonono stay with us Ashton! Drampa, quick use safeguard!"

"Paaa..." The dragon let out a soft croon and a soothing aura emanated around the boys.

Hopefully that lessens the poison to some extent, thought Cole.

"Don't blame yourself Ashton, we needed someone to stay back and watch the camp. If anything its my fault... I'm the oldest one here, so I had a responsibility to look over you guys... But I was off gathering sticks when the Beedrill attacked - if I hadn't wandered off I could've intervened sooner." Cole rushed to grab some more Pecha berry paste. "Can you eat this?"

Seth’s tail slightly perked up the moment he picked up on a nearby conversation. The Squirtle slowly approached towards the sight of other people. The turtle Pokémon took note of a boy that regurgitated soon after. The Squirtle turned away for a brief moment upon the sight of the boy’s face. The turtle Pokémon gave a slight groan in response to the horrific coloring the boy’s face suddenly shifted towards.

“A- alright, is that guy over there having too many expired berries or what? He sure looks like he might have partied too hard or something,” Seth thought, as he slowly approached towards the boy.

The Squirtle took swift care in his movements while he walked towards the boy. The turtle Pokémon rubbed on the bandaged area of his left hand and chest for a brief moment. He took a deep breath, as he hoped for the stinging pain to vanish soon. He kept a straight posture and outlook towards the boy. He maintained a firm grip on the bag with his shoulder, as he slowly patted his beret for a brief moment.

He turned towards the Drampa with his quivering body and firmly stated in the language of Pokémon, “L- li- listen, I- I come in peace. I know you’re all probably gonna scream at me or even give a huge spanking i- if you know who I work with, but right now... I’m a bit more concerned with the topic of survival a- and maybe even finding Selena if I get the c- chance. I see that boy over there is likely sick, and I know that I shouldn’t be w- walking around in this k- ki- kind o- of c- condition... b- but I was wondering if l- li- like I can at least do anything to h- help.”

Ashton opened his eyes clearly not trying to puke, he was trying to make himself look better.
"Yes I can, and don't try to make me feel better it's clearly my fault. If I-if I don't make it, take my Poliwhirl and be a good Trainer to it... please. This might sound weird but do you mind if I lay my head on one of your Drampa's wing things, if he or she doesn't mind?"

"O-of course go right ahead!" Cole motioned towards Drampa's wing and the Pokemon gently extended it for Ashton to rest on.
"But I don't want to hear any of this 'not making it' talk you're going to be fine, alright?" Cole was trying to keep his composure for Ashton's sake, but he couldn't help to come across as a little distressed. He really had no idea how to treat this kind of injury...

"Squir-squir!"

Cole was too preoccupied with Ashton to notice the Squirtle that had arrived on the scene, but Drampa turned his head (without moving his body as to not disturb Ashton) to speak with the pokemon that had addressed him. In the pokemon language he spoke:

"Hmmm... It is true that I personally find the insignia on your head troubling, but there are millions of different view-points on this planet held by millions of different creatures, and I am old enough to know not to cast judgment because of them. It seems that your intentions to help us are earnest, so I, for one, welcome your presence. But I'm afraid there may not be much that you can do for us right now. This boy has be badly poisoned, and we lack the moves or medicine required to cure such an ailment. Unless you're carrying a miracle in that bag of yours, the most you may be able to do is provide him with a comforting presence."

Last edited:
"Cole, please just take-" Ashton choked tears streaking down his face. "take Poli's Pokeballs please..." He begged.
Ashton extended his left arm holding Poli's Pokeball out, and with his right, he patted the Drampa.
"Thanks, buddy, you're a good Pokemon." He smiled weakly, barely keeping conciousness.

Cole took the pokeball from Ashton's trembling hand.
"I-I'll take it if it'll get you to stop worrying about it, but you're going to be getting this back soon, you hear? S-so, just keep eating those berries, and Drampa will keep going with the Safeguard, and..." Cole was desperately trying not to panic. "E-everything'll be fine, yeah?" Unless the Squirtle that Drampa was speaking with had something in its bag, Cole couldn't think of anything to do at this point but wait and hope that the berries and Safeguard could continue to stave off death...

Ashton ate two of the berries barely managing to swallow, but once he did the Poison's effects started to dampen. The green started to fade out of Ashton's face, and he himself started to feel better.
"Hey, does your Drampa know Rest? I don't know if that could help, but it maybe could..." He paused. "Never mind, he's already doing enough, I'm being selfish as it is."
His eyes started to close.
"Cole I'm going to sleep, not to my deathbed okay... Thanks for everything dude... Don't blame yourself for anything alright? I chose to get in the way of the attacks, and I'm sure none of this would have happened in the first place; if I would've been here..." He trailed off, and his eyes closed, even though he was just sleeping while poisoned a smile played across his lips.

Cole wasn't going to let Ashton take the blame for all this, but now wasn't the time to argue about it. Finally, it seemed as though Ashton had reached a stable condition, and was no longer at risk of dying. Cole wiped the sweat from his forehead, and the tears that he had been struggling to suppress from his eyes. He had experienced a lot as a trainer over the years, but nothing like this; almost watching an ally die had really shaken his normally rock-solid composure.

Drampa turned to the Squirtle once more: "It seems as though this boy has escaped the clutches of death for the moment. Of course, if you have any medicine in that bag of yours it might still be used to better his condition, but now that I take a closer look at you... Are you not quite injured yourself? I am surprised that you are so concerned with the well-being of a stranger while you bear such grievous wounds..." Drampa paused for a moment to think. "I think I may heed this boy's advice and use Rest; although it primarily affects the user, it is a psychic-type move. Perhaps those in the vicinity of the move may feel some of its effects. I invite you to join us, little one - a nap may do you well." After finishing speaking, Drampa closed his eyes and fell asleep, a gentle pink glow enveloping his skin.

Cole turned to Corey and Isaac: "Once Ashton's woken up, why don't we head back to the beach? In the meantime, I think I'll take a nap as well..."

"W- well, the only thing I got right now is this purple bottle thing here. The other two things in the bag are just this weird device that doesn't seem to be working, and a card that Selena usually carries with her," Seth replied to the Drampa in Pokémon speech before he unzipped the bag and took out a purple bottle that contained a clear, peculiar liquid.

"A- and well... u- uhh, I umm... I'm trying to walk it off, but I don't think it's working at all. I can hardly even use lefty here and the shell's still kinda in a bit of well... yeah. I'll make this blunt, the dog kinda pushed me towards this big ball that some guy was operating... honestly, I don't remember what happened after that. Also, about that nap... I- I don't know if I should to be honest... even though I can barely think right n- now," Seth added to the Drampa before he noted the Drampa that soon dozed off.

"Well, there is something here, but I think I'm gonna have to probably save that bottle for later," The Squirtle thought, before he placed the purple bottle back in the bag and zipped it. The turtle Pokémon took in several loud breaths when he noted the boy that could have possibly fell into a loss of consciousness. The Squirtle decided to placed his bag and beret down next to the Drampa. He slowly withdrew his body into his shell and gave his best at his attempt to rest with the others.

"I- I don't know... there's just something I can't get past. It's already hard enough trying to close my eyes... and it hurts to even think about that. I- I really gotta find that yellow berry if I want to be running around all the time," Seth added in his thoughts, as his body shivered and quaked. He took in another series of somewhat quieter breaths. The Squirtle attempted to find his way to dreamland; though it was apparent that the turtle Pokémon struggled to even book a ticket to the very place of utmost rest and solitude.

Corey had been watching Ashton's recovery nervously, hoping the boy would be okay.
It was upsetting to see someone become so ill and blame themselves for it at the same time.
"You're gonna be okay, man," Corey whispered. He focused his attention back to his hurt Pokémon, which he summoned out of its Pokéball and gently fed a Pecha Berry.
Gligar swallowed dryly, looking weak, but soon it perked up and started to feel better.
Corey was so relieved.
"Thanks for helping, guys," he said. "I don't know what I'd do without Gligar."
Then he noticed the Squirtle that had approached them and started to interact with Drampa. Gligar seemed suspicious of the turtle Pokémon, narrowing its eyes and letting out a wary, "Gliiii....."
Drampa seemed to be reasoning with Squirtle, and Corey decided if Drampa, a wise and strong Pokémon, decided Squirtle could be trusted, then everything was fine.
Cole suggested heading back to the beach after Ashton had woken up. Corey nodded- the forest was full of danger, proven by the effects of the poison, and it would be easier to look for other survivors on the beach. They had enough food for now.
Everyone started to drift off to sleep, so Corey leant back against a tree, held Gligar close, and closed his eyes to get some rest.

"Nice to meet you Otis," Aurora kindly responded, noticed her being a little uncomfortable with the Froslass' stare "Oh don't I am very sorry, but there is nothing to worry about. She might look a little spooky but is nice once you get to know her!" Suddenly, Aurora too noticed a peculiar sound from relatively far away. But close enough to faintly hear it. Froslass was already ready to head in that direction. Aurora cautiosly said: "ye let's go... such a sound could mean other survivors. You managed to find me which means some others could have similarly found each other. I doubt that Pokemon could be making such a noise..."

Issac could not even close his eyes, he sat down on a rock and stared ahead, maybe if that happens he will get sleepy. He was worried about Ashton, but looking back he was smiling, at least he is not dead.
Oh wait. He forgot his Pokemon.
Letting his Pokemon out, Chikorita looked weak and barely could stand. Issac picked one of the Pecha berries and gave it to her. She munched on it happily and looked better, well still weak but better.

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
“Nice to meet you too, and it’s okay, I’ve never seen a Froslass before.” Otis looked towards the sound that they heard earlier. Nia was already scuttling there, “Wait up Nia!” Otis raced after her Pokemon, the sand sunk bit under her feet. She finally caught up to Nia, and Otis noticed a boy with a Chikorita. Nia crawled up to the Chikorita, her antennas perking up with curiousity. The bug Pokemon started to play with the leaf on Chikorita‘s head.

Issac noticed that there was a girl, oh no, he is already imagining things. Rubbing his eyes he looked again, now realizing that there was a another survivor .
""Hello?"" Issac was uncertain if it was a hallucination or not.

Chikorita was startled when she saw a bug Pokemon playing with her leaf, pushing it away she quickly got on Issac side, even if that she did not remember that Pokemon name she knew that it was a poison type, she dont wanted to be poisoned again

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
“Um, hello... are you a survivor too?” Otis looked straight into Issac’s eyes, as if she was studying them. She sat down, slightly exhausted from walking a lot. Otis took a deep breath, and watched Nia and Chikorita. Nia fell on her back, but quickly picked herself up. Her antennas drooped for a heartbeat, then she walked up to Chikorita again. “Veni?” Nia looked up at Chikorita.

"" Yes, my name is Issac"" The trainer introduced himself, he noticed that she was tired. Issac studied her, should he trust her or not. His eyes followed Chikorita and Venipede, seems like they are trying to play.

Chikorita gave a weird look at Venipede, would that Pokemon poison her?.
""Dont come close to me!"' Chikorita said in Pokemon language.

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
“Nice name, and my name is Otis.” She smiled a bit, a small breeze blew her slightly wet hair. Nia took another step closer, “But why? The only way you could get poisoned is if you used a physical move on me.” Another step closer, and Nia stared at Chikorita. “Come on, don’t you want to play?”

"" So, are you hungry? Did you find another survivor?"" Issac tried to not yell, since most of his friends are recovering or sleeping now.

Chikorita stepped forward, still not trusting the other Pokemon "" Well, I suffered from poison a while ago and I am tired right now, maybe later?""

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
“Yeah, I don’t even remember the last time I ate, and I did find another survivor, her name is Aurora and she has a Froslass with her.” Otis sighed as she stared into the ocean waves. Nia nodded in understanding, “Oh... okay, then make sure to get some good rest!” Nia chirped as she scuttled away from Chikorita, and sat down on Otis’ lap.

Issac smiled, at least there was more survivors, at least, when he noticed that a other male came around.
"" Uhh, hello? My name is Issac, who are you?"" he asked the male with messy brown hair.

Chikorita walked and stood near her trainer side, she lyed down and tried to sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.