• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Shipwrecked on Staryu Sands!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooc: Firstly to clarify, no Aurora and Barda went into a different direction than John and the rest of the group right at the start. There were two paths, one leading up and one down essentially, thats why we are at the peak of the mountain which you described, whilst everyone else is down in the pool/cave. Then John split off by himself some time later. The legendaries was supposed to only be an encounter but nothing more, however after reading the rules you are right - we should leave that out. We will have an encounter with just some other random pokemon, which you allowed, that fits the description if that is ok?

After what seemed to be ages Aurora woke up only to realise that a battle was raging between a very powerful fire Pokemon on one side and Barda on the other side. Then she noticed the crystal in Fomantis' hands: "Oh no no no no..." Aurora though to herself, "Fomantis get out of there, you'll be fried in an instant!" She yelled.

Aurora was still too weak to stand, but she called upon Froslass to assist against the raging fire Pokemon: "Froslass, use shadow ball! Give that fire Pokemon some of its own medicine!" Froslass instantly shot dark balls of energy at the raging Pokemon, direct hits! The fire Pokemon however remained unphased...

Cole was growing concerned that Ashton hadn't emerged yet, but being as inept as swimmer as he was he decided it best to let John handle the situation. Out of the corner of his eye he noticed that Corey was wandering off to investigate the chamber alone, so he decided to join him. Cole and his pokemon were making their way over to Corey when all of a sudden they noticed the boy freeze in place, with an awestricken expression.
Cole rushed over to where Corey was standing:
"Corey, what's wro-" he hadn't even finished his question before he caught up to Corey and the answer stood directly before him...
Cole stood dumbfounded, Croagunk was trembling, and Drampa lowered his head in some sort of display of reverence...

Last edited:
Barda quickly got Nonja to use Water Shuriken on the Fire Pokemon to get it’s attention, “Fomantis give me the crystal now,” said Barda as Fomantis gave Barda the fire crystal. Barda then quickly ran over to Moltres’s shrine and placed the crystal down on it and by doing so it has calmed the raging fire Pokemon. The Fire Pokemon then went away from the group and back down the mountain, “Alright everyone now we know what these crystals are and that we should never remove them understood,” said Barda talking to the whole group.

Fomantis nodded yes and that it was sorry that it took the Fire crystal.

John was worried for Marshtomp, “Do you think Marshtomp will be alright,” asked John. Meanwhile Marshtomp is having a lot of trouble with the Mantaray Pokemon. Marshtomp is getting more and more injured from each attack that the Mantaray is using on him. Marshtomp didn’t give up though and kept fighting but after after some more fighting Marshtomp began to evolve into Swampert and had used Tackle on the Mantaray Pokemon but it did more damage this time.

Aurora felt relieved that the fire Pokemon left, however it was very strong "I wonder what that Pokemon was, I could not really see it from here - it was so strong I really want to catch it!" She called out to Barda with a combative look on her face. "You did well out there Froslass," she added in he more usual, cool tone. Nonetheless, she did not know what to do now - she still could not stand without the assistance of Froslass and she did not want to just go down the mountain without achieving anything. She could not even take a photo of the prestine view as her phone died during the shipwreck. So she asked Barda:"so, since we are already here and I am in no shape to go down anytime soon, do you want to set up a little camp? Maybe later catch some rare Pokemon - the fire beast sure looked pretty strong! Maybe there is an according Ice and Electric Pokemon near here too!" More than anything, Aurora wanted to catch another strong Ice Type Pokemon, after all her dream - if not be champion - would be to be an Ice Type Elite four member and she specializes in this particular type already with Froslass being by far her strongest Pokemon and even comparing it to other great trainers her Froslass could hold its own, but the reason why she still only got one badge - Snowpoint city - was Because she did not have any backup for her Froslass. Thats why she went to Johto - to go on an adventure and take the region by storm - snow storm. However that did not quite work out did it...

This thought saddened Aurora's mood a little.

“I think that Fire Pokemon was the guardian of the Fire crystal and so the other 2 crystals will also have guardians,” said Barda, “So I don’t think you should catch them at all ok,” he said as he went to go set up a little camp. “Let’s just rest here for now,” said Barda as he just finished setting up camp. “*yawn* I am going to go to sleep now goodnight,” said Barda as he fell asleep up against the wall.

I Fomantis went over to where Barda was and went onto his legs and laid down on them to sleep, “Goodnight,” said Fomantis in Pokemon language.

Last edited:
Ashton's eyes opened in the water, burning intensely. He tried to take a breath of air but all he did was choke down water. Two seconds after that he puked up everything that was contained in his stomach area. Ashton still had some breath left in him, so he looked over towards the Mantyke and his Poli. What he saw next chilled him to the bone: the Mantyke was absolutely destroying his Pokemon. Using moves like Hydro Pump, Take Down, and when Poli would try and retaliate it would use moves such as Wide Guard, Agility, or sometimes even Confuse Ray. Poli got slammed through the boulder that Ashton had obtained his Water Stone from. Instinctively, he reached towards his Pokebelt, trying to get either Moon's or Rowl's Pokeballs. He realized that Moon was guarding his backpack which held Rowl's Pokeball.
Then, he thought of Fee; looking around he couldn't see her. He tried calling out "Fee!" but all that came out were bubbles and a little choking/gagging. Right as that finally finished; Ashton had an idea: he thought of using the Water Stone on Poliwhirl. Ashton swam over to the Poliwhirl almost running out of the air, with the effort. The Mantyke was about to use the move (based on his stance:) Air Slash. On his partner Pokemon who was sunk on the sandy bottom; unconscious. He got in front of it right as the Mantaray Pokemon was using the move, Air Slash. It smashed into his back (right above his waistline), cutting through his clothes and most layer of his skin. He cried out in pain, but his love for his Pokemon kept him conscious, taking the stone out of his left pocket, he touched the center of his chest with it and in a flash of light the stone was gone, and out appeared the newly evolved Poliwrath!
"WRAATTHHH!" He said fury in his voice. It got up and propelled himself off the seafloor, holding out his right fist, water almost evaporating around it, once it hit the Mantyke, the Pokemon got flung backward into the "wall" of the river. Before Ashton could fully pass out he took off one of the two Dive Balls from his belt. And he gathered up all the strength he had left (in his left arm; his right arm had been severely damaged from the Air Slash, and couldn't move it). He threw it at the Manaray Pokemon and for a couple seconds the Dive Ball enlarged to fit around the Mantyke, and then it shrunk down to the size of a grapefruit. The Dive Ball floated towards Ashton and he clipped it on his belt, and he finally saw his Feebas and held out his left hand as it flew back to him, clipping it on his PokeBelt. After that, he passed out from the extremely grave injuries and semi-drowning. Luckily, Poli grabbed him and swiftly carried him to shore, hopping up on the shore himself. His eyes shone worry for his trainer, still bleeding out. "WRATTTH! POLLLLLLIIII!" He said calling for help. Ashton's arm was a bigger concern that his back. He still lay unconscious.

Swampert quickly swam down to Poliwrath to help him and his trainer up to the surface, “Hey don’t worry Poli I am here to help,” said Swampert as he grabbed Poli’s trainer and swam back up to where John and Cole were. Swampert had reached the surface and gently put Ashton down on the ground with his head at an angle so that he would not choke from water.

“Cole look it is Ashton but I think he is unconscious,” said John calling out Cole, “And also Marshtomp is that you,” asked John talking to Swampert with Swampert nodding yes, “Omg yes you evolved I am so proud but we have to take care of Ashton now. Come on out Lairon and Teddiursa and help me take care of Ashton,” said John sending out his two Pokémon to help him take care of Ashton.

Charizard then found John with the others, “Rrrrrooooaaarrrr (John I finally found you),” said Charizard in Pokemon language as he went over to John and saw Ashton unconscious body laying on the ground and bruised and cut up.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Zark on a bike. I vanish for ten days and all frell breaks loose.

No one authorized the involvement of the legendary birds in this RP, and since it seems to be continuously coming up? Yeah. Shutting this thing down.

Status
Not open for further replies.