• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Shipwrecked on Staryu Sands!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dewott ran as fast as his little feet would carry him. “Dew!! Dewott!!!!” His panicked cry rang out against the quiet air. As far as he could see, nobody was around. He had lost sight of the orange glow they had seen from the ground down below. Maybe through their slightly delusional trip up the mountain they had gotten off course? He decided to go back and get Teddiursa. The small bear was much better at finding berries and other items that might help them than he was... he walked back to Austen and Teddiursa. They both looked considerably worse. Dewott himself felt terrible. He felt guilty for waking their new friend up, but they needed to do their best for their trainer because she had done not only so much for him, but for the bear pokemon as well. Nudging Teddiursa awake, he motioned for him to help find some food..anything really to help them.

Alister sighed and stretched as they finally reached the peak of the mountain. It had been a grueling trek through the forest and the hike wasn’t easy eaither but they had survived.
They had fought off many more Beedrill during this return than any other before. It was almost as if they were swarming, and each time Alister encountered them they were even more aggressive. It concerned Alister greatly.
As Alister and Growlithe came into view of their camp he smiled and raised his hand in greeting, “Don’t he afraid. It’s just me.”

"That sounds like a good idea, Ashton" said Cole. "After all, it was Drampa's Hyper Voice that brought us all together in the first place; I see no reason why a Howl wouldn't work the same way! Why don't we start making our way through the forest and use it along the way?"

--

Drampa could tell that, despite having woken up, Pacen's condition was still dire...
"I think that he is going to be alright, Nia... But I do not think being inside this musty stone building is helping with his recovery now that the storm is over. Perhaps we should take him outside, to get some fresh air and sunlight?"
Drampa turned to Pacen. "Do you think that would help? I could carry you there, of course..."

Seth continued to remain asleep in spite of the storm being over. The Squirtle continued to give off a quiet series of snores every now and then. The shell occasionally wiggled in a harmless manner. The wounds and other injuries continued to mend through the assistance of time.

"Is there really something called life after this?" Seth asked himself in his mind, as he found himself in a bleak, cloudy white realm. A Squirtle of the same exact size stood in front of Seth; though the other Squirtle appeared gray and had a stark shading of powder white.

"I don't know, what do you think? Can life really exist after the passing? Can it? Can it now?" The other Squirtle asked, before it floated and drank a small cup of strange, gray fluid.

"I- I don't know... b- but I mean, I don't really wanna know right now!" Seth cried, as his curly tail twitched.

"You wanna know don't you? Well come here pal!" The other Squirtle yelled, as a blade appeared above Seth!

"W- wahhhhhhhhhh! I don't wanna!" Seth wailed!

The Squirtle immediately withdrew his body from his shell, as several tears and snivels followed soon after.

"Ugh! Forget about that damn idiot! I ain't gonna listen to some stupid turtle like him!" Seth thought, as he covered his teary eyes with his hands. He continued to lie in the shelter, while a small section of the ground around the bag and beret soon became dampened with his tears.
------------------------------------------------
"Ugh... i- if... y- you... wish," Pacen murmured to the Drampa, as the Pancham struggled to crawl around.

"Dang it... I think the radio's dead! I'm not hearing anything anymore! Oh well... if he wants to carry me around like a baby, at least I'm not really that heavy," Pacen thought, before he gave out a light cough and a heavy sneeze.

Teddiursa huffed when he was awoken by the otter pokemon. He was so comfy... but he knew what Dewott had wanted him to do. Honing in on his pickup ability, Teddiursa scanned the surrounding area, drowning out non useful items and such. A little ways off, he noticed a small orange glow. Nothing that Dewott wouldve been able to pick up on easily. He also noticed some Oran berries that had been smashed by others who had been here previously. At this point anything that could help them would need to be gathered. “Teddi!! Teddiursa!!” The small bear said happily to Dewott. When Teddiursa mentioned the small glowing light he had picked up on, Dewott told Teddiursa about the other human he and Austen had met before they started their treck and what he had told them. The bear pokemon nodded and Dewott took off towards the light after some directions from his friend. Meanwhile Teddiursa gathered what he could salvage from the crushed berries and headed back towards Austen, plopping them in her mouth. If they helped pokemon feel better, they should help humans too right...?

Mudkip woke up and saw the Squirtle crying and went over to help it, “Hey are you alright pls tell me why are you crying,” said Mudkip. John then arrived back at the shelter and saw Mudkip next to the Squirtle with a worried look, “Hey Mudkip what’s wrong,” asked John as Mudkip pointed to the crying Squirtle. John then went over to the Squirtle and decided to hug it, “Shhhhh...it is ok you are safe now, no one is going to hurt you,” said John holding the Squirtle up against his body trying to calm it down.

"Yes!" Corey agreed enthusiastically. "We should definitely use Moon for Howl; then the others will know where we are. I just have this feeling that we're supposed to use the map... whatever we find could help us escape! You never know."
A thought occurred to him at that moment, and he smiled. "I made another friend, by the way. This is Helioptile."
He summoned the little yellow Pokémon out of its Pokéball.
"Heeeeeeliooooo!" chirped Helioptile. It was a lot more talkative than Corey's Gligar, which hadn't been able to learn Pokémon language after being abandoned by its family all those years ago. That reminded Corey- he didn't want Gligar to feel left out, so he summoned his partner Pokémon too, who emerged with a low growl, nipping his shoulder with its teeth.

Drampa carefully carried Pacen outside and lay him down in the grass. The warm sunlight and gentle winds starkly contrasted the tenebrous, congested atmosphere of the ruins.
'Hopefully this will promote faster healing' he thought to himself.
He looked behind him and glanced at the ruins... 'This structure will probably be of great interest to the humans, once we reunite..."

--

"Oh, that's right!" said Cole. "I just caught another pokemon as well!" He threw down Croagunk's pokeball and the blue pokemon appeared.
"Croooaaagunk!" the pokemon exclaimed.
"He's kind of a kleptomaniac" Cole joked, "so watch your stuff around him!"
Croagunk hopped around light-heartedly and greeted the other pokemon.

Dewott had finally made it to the place both the strange boy from before and Teddiursa had mentioned. “Deeew?? Dewott??!” He called out. He sniffed the air. It seemed much warmer today than last night, which was good for Austen.. should he go back and tell Teddiursa to bring her here, or should he wait..? Maybe he could find food to bring back to the others... Austen told him to never be a theif but... this may be a special case.

Charizard was also worried and decided to step outside the shelter a bit but as he was sitting near a lake a wild fomantis came out of the forest and towards the lake to have a drink, “Hello there,” said Charizard. The Fomantis jumped from fear as it saw Charizard next to it, “W-w-what do you want,” said the Fomantis, “Hey calm down I am not going to hurt you,” said Charizard backing off. Charizard and Fomantis both stayed at the lake for hours and during that time they began talking things about each other like favourite food and other stuff as well. “Hey if you want you can come back with me back to my shelter where my trainer is and don’t worry he is very friendly and will take very good care of you,” said Charizard asking the Fomantis to follow him, “Really are you sure I don’t want to be a bother to you guys,” said Fomantis, “Hey don’t worry about that ok just go with what your heart tells you ok,” said Charizard. “Then I choose to join you and your trainer then,” said Fomantis as she got up to follow Charizard, “Great and also I know the quickest way back to the shelter just get on my back and we will get there in no time,” said Charizard as he crouched down to let Fomantis on his back. Fomantis got onto Charizard’s back and as she held on, Charizard then used his wings to lift his body off the ground and fly back towards the shelter.

Fill in this character bio:

Name: Jay
Physical Appearance: Young dark skinned boy from the alola region
Personality: Kind and happy go lucky
Pokémon Team (only one to start, can catch them on the island): Rockruff

He'd hop onto the beach and his rockruff followed close behind "Looks like there isnt a way off here....but that's ok! i can use my time here to train with you rockruff!"

Rockruff hopped in joy "Rockruff!" it said, wagging its tail. Jay pet his pokemon, then lead it further onto the beach, where they laid comfirtably

As Charizard was flying back with fomantis on his back he sensed someone new on the island and decided to investigate it, “Hey where are we going,” said Fomantis, “Sorry I just sensed another person on the beach so I am going to investigate but if you stay close to me then you will be fine alright,” said Charizard as he flew through the forest and had reached the beach where the crashed ship was. As he was looking around he saw a trainer with a rockruff laying on the sand and decided to go see who it was. Charizard landed near the trainer and let out a huge roar trying to get his attention.

(OOC: Just to let everyone know Charizard and Fomantis are now at the ship wreck where they had found Jay and his Rockruff and Charizard is trying to get Jay’s attention so that is why Charizard roared loudly)

Last edited:
Austen slowly opened her eyes. Nothing was coming into focus, and she had to concentrate very hard in order to remember what had happened. Glancing over, the small, faded outline of Teddiursa was standing next to her. She could feel the sun's heat on her skin, and she felt more relaxed. As things began to come into focus, she realized she couldnt see Dewott anywhere. She stood up quickly but sat back down as she realized she wasnt strong enough to stand, let alone walk. "Dewott?" She called, but instantly regretted it. Her voice sounded scratched and dry, and it made her head throb. "Teddiursa..." Austen said slowly, looking over at her bear pokemon. "Where-Where is Dewott?" Teddiursa pointed with an outstretched paw in a direction behind Austen. She looked over her shoulder, but wasnt exactly sure what he was trying to tell her. "Teddi!" Teddiursa squeaked, trying to calm her. "He...went towards that camp you say?" Teddiursa nodded. He was just happy his trainer was alive. Those berries must have really worked! He felt pride bubbling up inside him.

Ashton smiled and said hello to the Corey's Pokemon. "Hey, guys! How ya' two been?!" He smiled maniacally (in a friendly way). He threw Poli's Pokeball about a foot away, in a flash of white light there it was. "Poll-iii! (Did you find Moon?!)" Ashton responded with, "Yeah buddy we did!" He unattached Moon's Pokeball from his belt, and threw it up into the sky; a long flash of white light that led to the sandy ground. Moon appeared and the two conversed, for a long time. "Alright, so we're going to try and locate Drampa! Moon, if you don't mind using Howl every once and while when we're walking that would be awesome!" They both nodded their heads. And they started off.

After travelling with the Tropius for what seemed to be an eternity, the storm has finally settled, and the sun was also slowly but steadily setting. Aurora and Froslass were feeding off Tropius’ Bananas and using the leaves to collect clean rain water, so food and water were not a problem but exhaustion was - for both of them. “I wonder if Corey is alright with the Charizards boy, he looked strong and so is Corey when it matters so I should not be worried,” Aurora thought aloud. She hoped someone would hear her quiet talking but there was no one. “I wish I could send a signal...” Aurora continued her monologue. Then suddenly the Tropius herd stopped. “I suppose it is rest time,” Aurora concluded.

She set up a little fire with the help of her cold Snowpoint City knowledge, got the stuff out of her bag and took off her shoes and socks to dry. She checked if any of the stuff were still working: “so, my 5 Pokeballs and 5 Netballs are still in tact, my Pokedex is alive and myclothes are drying... but my phone is as expected beyond repair...” Suddenly the fire threw a shadow at what seemed to be an entrance to old ruins. There was some sort of Pearl placed into what seemed to be an arc which reflected the fire’s light making it noticeable with the slowly darkening surroundings, however, 2 Tropius were blocking the way, as if on purpose. That is when Aurora thought of an idea which would kill three birds with one stone: send a signal to her friends and other survivors, explore what is behind the arc/entrance and hopefully catch a Tropius. Her eyes lit up, the fatigue faded as she commanded her battle entry: “Froslass! Set up Hail and use the strongest Blizzard you possibly can! Let’s make this tropical island feel a little more like home!”

Froslass started actively acting as a fridge, absorbing heat from the surroundings and giving out sheer cold. As soon as the first Hail corns started forming, Aurora exclaimed, impatiently: “Now, Blizzard!” And in that instant, the Froslass unleashed a massive, ice cold blizzard in the direction of the arc, the two Tropius standing in front of it and ultimately as it turned out to be in the same direction the mountain where presumably the other camp was and Aurora hoped to find other survivors.

In an istant the temperature of the immediate surroundings fell by around 10 degrees making the previously hot tropical climate now quite chilly and the temperature lower than normal everywhere within a 1 km radius. In the same radius hail was falling and as expected the intensity of the hail and of the temperature drop was depending on the proximity to the “epicenter” of this small environmental phenomenon. In said center, Aurora was standing all fired up wearing her signature white scarf and ready to go. She felt like taking all Johto gym leaders at once now, even if there were none and even if her utter defeat would be definite. Froslass felt the same way. Not a single sign of tiredness even if both were about to collapse any moment now.

The two directly hit Tropius fainted, the others ran away quickly. Except one. One stood there, having taking a lot of damage as despite not being a direct hit, a 4x weakness made itself noticeable and it was in the direction the blizzard aimed at. It stood there, proud to have taken the hit but also in great admiration for what it just witnessed, hoping to achieve similar strength to what Froslass just presented, it simply lowered its head, to which Aurora responded: “Oh don’t bow to me, I should apologize for scaring all your friends,” Aurora began to cool off, noticing that the move she pulled was quite inconsiderate, “but I guess you want to join me. That makes me happy and very proud that such a strong Pokemon like you wishes to do so!” Aurora threw a Pokeball, it shook a couple of times and “click”, Tropius was caught. “We will take Johto by storm together,” she whispered to the Pokeball as she picked it up.

Now the Ancient arc entrance to a deeper cave temple was standing right in front of Aurora, and with signal for her friends set (the hail would last for another several hours), her clothes dry, her soul fired up and a new companion she was ready to explore!

Drampa was napping outside the ruins near where Pacen was recovering when all of a sudden a frigid burst of wind swept through the area, leaving a residue of frost in its wake. Drampa bolted upright with a surprised yelp and immediately scoured the area for the source of the attack. Close by, near a portion of the ruins he'd yet to explore, he spotted a girl and a frosty, phantom-like figure.
'Was that Froslass and her trainer?' he wondered optimistically. Drampa carefully placed Pacen on his back and hurried over to greet the duo.
"Over here, Nia! I think I have spotted some other members our group!"

--

Cole also noticed the blizzard, not too far off, as he and the others hiked through the forest towards Drampa's location. At the same time, he also thought he heard an exclamation from Drampa.
"Guys, over there!" he shouted and broke out into a sprint towards the ruins.

John was still back at the cave with the Squirtle in his arms trying to calm it down but he was soon intrupted by a mysterious cold breeze, “Why is it so cold all of a sudden,” said John as he looked outside and saw that one part of the mountain and forest was covered in snow, “Something is wrong,” he said as he held the Squirtle tightly, “We should check it out. Mudkip, Teddiursa return,” said John as two bright red lights hit both Mudkip and Teddiursa. John then set the Squirtle down and went over to his bag to grab a black hooded jumper and long navy blue pants. He then went to put them on so that he can go to the snowy tundra over near the mountain. After he finished putting on his warm clothes he then went over to his bag and put it on his back. Before he decided to leave he then saw the Squirtle and decided to ask it if it wanted to come with him, “Hey, do you want to come with me to investigate that part of the island,” said John to the Squirtle as he crouched down while also holding his hand out, “And you don’t need to worry about getting a cold because my hoodie can make sure you stay warm and it will be easier to carry you,” he said as he put up his hoodie.

Name: Barda
Physical Appearance: Short spiky brown hair, navy blue jeans, black shirt, white shoes and darkish brown skin colour.
Personality: Nice, Relaxed, Brave and love to help other Pokemon.
Pokémon Team: Greninja, Male (Nickname: Nonja)

Barda woke up near the shipwreck with a huge headache but that didn’t bother because he was more worried about where his partner Pokémon called Nonja. Barda then got up and had a look around the beach for his partner’s Pokeball. After a while he then found Nonja’s Pokeball laying on the sand, “Ah...there you are Nonja,” Barda said as he picked up the Pokeball, “Come on out Nonja,” he said as he threw the Pokeball into the air sending out Nonja from it’s Pokeball, “Greninja,” said Nonja as it landed on the sand, “Hey good to see you two but we don’t have time for that right now,” Barda said as he looked towards the direction where the cold breeze was coming from, “Because right now we need to check out what is going on over there so let’s go,” said Barda as he ran towards the snowy tundra with Nonja following him. After a while of running they both made it to the forest filled with snow, “Alright let’s go but be careful we don’t know what else is here alright,” said Barda as he walked in front of Nonja and into the snow. They kept walking until they came across an entrance of some sort, “This cave entrance looks really strange as if it was made by humans,” said Barda examining the entrance of the cave, “Wait a minute I think someone is inside this cave,” said Barda as he noticed a strange figure walking inside of the ruins, “Nonja let’s follow them but be careful we don’t want to get their attention,” he said as both Nonja and Barda sneaked inside the cave while also following the unknown figure that Barda saw at the entrance of the ruins.

(OOC: Apologies for a little late response, as finals and a bit of illness had been reducing my speed somewhat lately.)

BIC:

Seth slowly nodded at the boy before he slowly grabbed on the boy's hand in a gentle manner. The Squirtle took a series of deep breaths; each one being louder than the last. He carefully wiped his tears while he grabbed his beret and bag and wore them on.

"I'm a little better, but I can be even more if I can go by a couple of weeks. Hopefully I can find something else to do instead of having to rob a bank or something, because I'm really starting to get tired of running away from those dumb orange dogs," Seth thought, while he attempted to ignore the a familiar, slightly stinging pain in his chest and left hand.
--------------------------------------------------------
Pacen slowly tapped on the Drampa after a quick realization, as the Pancham faintly whispered, "Ugh... bag... a- and... s- st- stuff... t- there's s- so- some ora... nge... bot... les... fr- from... it... a- and... rad... sp- speak... thi- thing."

The panda Pokémon took in a quick succession of shallow breaths. His eyes attempted to adjust to the warm sunlight. The solar light beamed against his sunken eyes, while the sudden wind resulted in a lengthy session of noticeably loud shivers, coughs and sneezes. He curled up on the Drampa's back while his damp fur started to puff up. He clutched onto the bamboo stick with his left hand. He quickly placed his right hand in his mouth in an attempt to warm up his body in any of the slightest manners he could.

"Hey Ashton!" Corey replied happily, glad he'd found his friend again.
The temperature dropped dramatically and it only took Corey a couple of seconds to realise what it was. It was Aurora's Froslass! That meant his sister was in the area and they could find each other again.
"Aurora!!!!!" he called, sprinting after Cole.

John lifted the Squirtle onto his head and put on his hoodie that covered both Squirtle and John’s head from the coldness, “Alright let’s go,” said John as he went outside the shelter and made his way towards the frozen tundra. Charizard was carefully treating the Fomantis that had recently gotten a fever from the frozen weather. Charizard quickly made up his mind and carried Fomantis back towards the shelter but Charizard also thought that the snowy weather was a signal to every survivor on the island and that John would have started making his way there as well. Charizard then turned around and headed towards the blizzard while keeping fomantis close to him until he arrived at a strange looking cave where he also saw some trainers heading his way, “Don’t worry Fomantis you will be fine,” said Charizard as he let out a huge roar to signal the other trainers to where he was and went inside the cave and waited for the others to arrive but his roar also had echoed through the cave and that anyone inside the cave would also know that he was at the cave entrance. Back with John and Squirtle. John was getting closer to the snow but he was then stopped in his tracks when two wild Pokémon appeared in front of him. One Pokémon was a Machop while the other was a Aron, “So you two want to have a fight well you got one,” said John sending out his Mudkip and Teddiursa, “Mudkip use Mud-slap on Aron and Teddiursa use Slash on Machop,” said John as both Teddiursa and Mudkip used Mud-slap and Slash on the two Pokémon. Both Machop and Aron were hit by the attacks and were injured but Machop held on while Aron was struggling to get up. Machop then charged towards the Teddiursa to use it’s Brick Break attack, “Mudkip help Teddiursa by using Water Gun on Machop,” said John as Mudkip quickly used Water Gun to take down the Machop. Machop was caught by surprise and had gotten hit by the Water Gun fainting, “Nice work you two,” he said as Mudkip began to evolve into a Marshtomp. John was very happy for Marshtomp and was filled with joy that he began jumping in celebration but stopped and saw the two Pokémon that he defeated. “You know if you want you can join us,” said John holding out to Pokeballs. The two wild Pokémon thought about and went over to the red shiny balls and clicked the buttons that sent both of them inside. The two Pokeballs wiggled and then made a click noise signifying that he had caught to more Pokémon, “Yes I caught an Aron and a Machop,” said John as he picked up the two balls and placed them in his bag, “Alright you two time to go back into your Pokeballs,” he said as the two returned into their pokeballs, “Now let’s get going and find out what is causing all of this,” said John talking to Seth as he kept walking into the frozen forest.

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
Nia’s antennas perked up when Drampa told her about some familiar old companions. She hurried after the two, soon she was walking right next to them. Nia shivered a bit, but the running she had done before had warmed her up a little. “Why is it so cold? All this hail came out of nowhere...”

Cole was sprinting full-force, so it was only a matter of minutes before he caught up to Drampa and the others.
"OVER HERE!!!" he shouted as he approached the pokemon. The dragon turned around excitedly, his ears perking up at the familiar voice.
"Drampaaa!" the pokemon roared and rushed to meet Cole. The two shared a heart-felt reunion, and then Cole introduced Drampa to their new teammate, Croagunk. Soon after, Cole realized the extent of Drampa's injuries...
"I'm sorry old friend, I shouldn't have sent you out in that weather... I should've seen the storm coming..." Drampa gave Cole an affectionate nudge to let him know that it wasn't his fault. That was when Cole noticed a very weak-looking Pancham curled up on Drampa's back.
"Who's this?" he asked the dragon.
Drampa merely motioned toward a bag laying just outside the ruins in response. Cole walked over to the bag and assessed its contents.
'Hmmm... It looks like there are Super Potions in here.' Cole looked back at Drampa, and the pokemon gestured toward the unconscious Pancham on his back.
"Ah, I get it" Cole responded, and he made his way over to the Pancham.
"Let's see here..." Cole did his best to administer the medicine as gently as possible.
'I wonder what the deal is with this Pancham?' he wondered to himself. 'Does he have a trainer?'

Only after he reunited with Drampa and treated Pacen did Cole notice several other figures standing nearby.
"Aurora! Froslass! What a relief to see you two again! And is that Nia over there? Where is your trainer...?"

Last edited:

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
Nia watched as Drampa and Cole were reunited. She sighed, I wonder where Otis is... Her antennas dropped a bit, but they went back up when Cole called out to her. “Veni... pede... (I don’t know...)”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Otis stood in the forest, calling out Nia’s name. “Oh, where are you Nia?” She remembered the first time when she met Nia. Otis smiled as she remembered when...

~^~ FlashBack ~^~ She saw a young Venipede out in the streets, it appeared as if she was looking for something. Otis took a step closer to Nia, and Nia took a step closer to her. Their eyes were lock together, and then Nia leaped into Otis’ arms. They both went inside, and Nia allowed Otis to catch her with a Pokeball. ~^~ FlashBack ~^~

Otis then snapped back to reality, and she looked at the sky. “Nia!” Otis called out one more time before she sighed and sat down.

Last edited:
Seth was as silent as a fire mouse Pokémon, as the Squirtle discreetly watched everything unfold. The turtle Pokémon gave a silent breath, while he gave his best with the resistance of an urge to vigorously rub on his bandaged areas. He gave a nod to the boy every now and then whenever the right moment came.
—————————————
Pacen attempted to move out of the Drampa’s back, though it was clear that he still lacked the energy to perform such a simple task.

“The... b- bag... s- st- stuff... rad... io,” Pacen faintly said to the Drampa, as his body slowly started to recover from the assistance of the medication. It was apparent that the Pancham did not seem to feel any sort of pain from the medicine oddly enough however.

Corey laughed happily as he saw Cole and Drampa reunited as well as Otis and Nia.
He took a look at Pacen the Pancham. The Pokémon looked very sick but was also starting to recover.
Helioptile caught up with them after running as fast as it could and started to curiously approach Drampa.
Corey realised that Gligar and Helioptile were quite opposite, one shy and the other outgoing.
He was very happy to be reunited with Aurora even though they hadn't been apart too long.
He passed the map and key around to see what the others thought of it. Come to think about it, it looked similar to the cave they were close to.

Drampa heard Nia's dejected response to Cole's question.
"Do not worry, Nia. I am sure that your trainer is doing just fine. Perhaps she will notice Froslass's blizzard, as we did, and make her way over here" Drampa tried to reassure her.

He noticed Pacen trying to get his attention about the bag on the ground, and sent for Cole to retrieve it and its contents. Cole picked up all the items, placed them in the bag, and set it down next to Pacen.
"It's a shame that this radio's dead..." he sighed. "It might have been our best shot at getting rescued..."

Meanwhile, Corey had begun passing the map and key around the group for examination. When the key finally came around to Drampa, the pokemon promptly jolted upright with a look of recognition. The dragon took the key in his mouth and hastened over to the intricately-locked door that he and the other pokemon had discovered during the storm. He beckoned for everyone else to follow him, so that one of the humans might try and unlock it.

"Look everyone!" Corey observed. "Drampa found the entrance where we need to use the key!"
He took the key off the Dragon Pokémon.
"Thanks, Drampa," he muttered, trying to get the key to fit in the lock. At first, he thought it wouldn't work because it was so rusty. Then, after a few tries of turning it in different directions, it clicked, and the door opened.
It revealed a passageway that was so dark it was impossible to see how long it was. There was a faint glow in the distance.
Corey looked back at everyone else hesitantly.
"We should investigate," he said firmly.

Ashton had been waiting silently a few feet away from everyone else; not wanting to ruin the moment as he had many times before. Once the door opened, Ashton walked over and heard Corey say that they should investigate he said, "Okay, so we definitely should, I think we've all seen some things that seem to be manmade artifacts. But... we shouldn't send everyone into the cave. Corey, Cole, if you don't mind I'm going to take the lead on this one, but if you disagree feel free to suggest something. So I think that Corey and his Pokemon team should go into the cave. Because, we both have at least two Pokemon in good condition, while your Drampa is in," He glanced at Drampa. "Um... terrible condition, plus I think you need to rest for a while okay?!" He seemed like he was bracing himself. He made a nervous grin.

Barda went outside the cave with Nonja following behind, “You are right these are man made structures from long ago and as I have seen there is a giant orb inside this cave,” said Barda as Charizard followed him still holding the Fomantis in his hands, “Grrrargh (Please can any of you help Fomantis she has a fever),” said Charizard trying to keep the Fomantis warm, “I think what Charizard is trying to say is that this Fomantis has a fever and needs help fast,” said Barda. Back with John, John kept walking in the forest until he came across a cave with the other survivors next to it, “Hey guys,” John yelled as he ran towards the others, “I didn’t think there would be more survivors,” said John as he saw Barda and Nonja, “Big brother is that you,” asked John, “Huh...John? Is that really you,” asked Barda, “Big brother it really is you I thought I lost you,” he said while hugging and crying in joy, “Hey it is alright now but first we need to get Fomantis some help,” said Barda as he looked at the others, “Can any of you help Fomantis’s fever,” he asked the others.

It did not take long for her sign to benoticed. The first to notice were surpringly enough Drampa and Nia, which were in a cave nearby. Drampa carried a sickly Pancham with him, despite being injured himself. Aurora felt horrible for not knowing what to do as any more cold, and thats the only thing she could do, would have a bad effect. She did not know yet what her Tropius could do, nor was it in any shape to do anything itself either, as it was still hurt from the blizzard.

Luckily, after about an hour Cole arrived sprinting. He noticed Drampa first so he rushed to him and whilst Aurora was very gladto have found someone again, she let them have a moment and simply pulled up her scarf a bit to hide her smile and small flush.
Then once adressed, she responded: “nice seeing you too, you have a strong partner in Drampa, it survived for a long time in critical condition whilst also taking care of others. I am sorry I could not do anything for it really... but if you have potionshen everything will be alright.”

A moment later and Corey arrived, they did not embrace like last time, Corey just smiled and waved at her whilst Aurora nodded with a smile covered up by her scarf.

She then noticed Ashton being in the back, clearly better than when she last saw him and she nodded to him too, equally not wanting to interrupt the crucial moment of opening the door. She didn’t even realize the arrival of another survivor as she was captivated by the endless darkness of the passageway. When John called out for his brother Barda, who looked if not taller than Aurora and Cole but definitely older and more mature, Aurora jolted a little, sending her back to reality.

“The arc gateway with the pearl to which the Tropius led me, this cave which Drampa and Nia found... all of these manmade structures are definitely connected. Maybe the weird purple mist at the lake is connected to this too. We should split up and investigate, otherwise we would be wasting time going all to the same passage. I suggest Corey and Ashton go to this cave, whilst someone joins me to go through the above ground gateway with the Pearl. That one does not need a key just a strong push,” Aurora exclaimed to the others, “I am sure my Froslass will be helpful to navigate as ghost Pokemon probably have a strong connection with spiritual things like that!” She was ready to go, whilst Froslass looked at Aurora weirdly, implying that that is not how ghost type works, it was ready to go too. “Cole, you should wait here and wait for Otis to maybe come if she notices my signal if she is close enough and obviously to tend your Pokemon to better health.” Aurora added before she looked at John and his brother as the only others left who need to decide which party they would join.

“I will stay at the entrance with the others and help heal some of the Pokémon,” said John putting the squirtle into Barda’s arms, “While I go with you and Froslass while also carrying this Squirtle so that it stays warm,” said Barda as Nonja got up and was ready to go inside. “Charizard can you give me Fomantis please I think I can help her,” said John holding his arms out as Charizard gave Fomantis to his master to be healed.

Last edited:
Cole didn't like the idea of Corey and Ashton going into the cave alone - it brought back bad memories of what happened with the beedrill when they first arrived on the island... But Ashton and Aurora were right: Drampa needed rest, and Otis still hadn't arrived... so he agreed to wait outside for a bit.
"Just don't do anything reckless..." he told the others who were preparing to enter the caves. "I'll join up with you as soon as possible."
Cole walked over to where Drampa and Pacen were resting and retrieved another super potion from Pacen's bag.
"Do you mind if I use one on Drampa?" he asked the Pancham.

"P- please be gentle," Seth quietly said to the man in Pokémon speak. The Squirtle slowly tucked his head in when he was being handed over to the man.

"I really need to find a way out and fast, otherwise I might not be able to find her again," Seth thought while his curly tail twitched.
——————————————
Pacen slowly nodded at the boy, as he slightly eyed towards the Drampa; almost as if he had some sort of debt to pay off already without the interest at the moment. The Pancham slowly attempted to move his legs, though it was apparent that he struggled with a light walk off of the Drampa.

"Whoah, whoah," Corey shook his head, sounding upset. "I don't think we should split up again. Last time, everyone got lost and some of us got really badly injured! We're clearly better as a group. I don't mind going into the cave with Ashton, but if the rest of you stay here, I don't want you all to leave again," he finished up and quietly added, "I don't want people to keep getting hurt."
"Gliiiii," Gliscor drawled in agreement.
Corey made sure his Pokémon were ready for the journey into the cave, then checked on Ashton. They were all ready to go. Looking into the dark entrance filled him with a sense of dread, but he knew he had to be brave. If they ran into any trouble, they could just shout for the others.

„Corey, look... „ Aurora stopped herself before she could start a logical, yet emotionally cold, explanation and instead walked up to him and held his shoulder „I have to be the caring Big Sis not the apathetical one,“ Aurora thought to herself, as she remembered that she as the more older survivors and as Corey‘s brother had to take responsibility and provide comfort and support in the absence of their parents. „Look how strong you are. I see you have caught a new Pokemon - you and Gligar are unstoppable by yourself and now woth another buddy you can truly do this - just be a little more careful than usual please!“ she laughed a bit under the scarf as she continued, holding Corey‘s shoulder firmly as their father sometimes would, „as for me, have you seen this Blizzard! Even I am shook! Moreover, Froslass and I will be travelling with a young man with a very strong looking Greninja. This will be the fastest duo ever,“ Aurora smiled again as she realized that in her attempted pep talk, she actually talked like Corey himself, „meanwhile Cole will stay her with John and hopefully Otis will arrive soon. So not only is no one staying alone, but everyone is also very strong! Were you not the one wishing to investigate, now its your chance and a very rare opportunity to out do your older sister!“ Aurora ended her pep talk with a wink and turned around heading for the Gateway with the Pearl, not believing that these words just came out of her mouth in such an upbeat tone.

„Shall we go?“ Aurora asked Barda, and looked at him and Greninja for confirmation, this time in a much more calm and less excited voice, „it is getting dark so either we go now or tomorrow first thing in the morning, although I can not let go of the fact that the Tropius led me here now. Also, can you tell me your name again, mine is Aurora and I am with my partner Froslass!“

„Froslass!“ The Pokemon exclaimed.

Ashton's eyes turned serious, his smile straightened out, when he heard a familiar buzzing sound. He immediately knew who the buzz belonged to. "Guys, I think we know who that buzzing belongs too, I'm going to handle this alone. Don't come after or with me, I'll just take one second! Wait for me (before you go into the cave if you don't mind)." Before anyone could respond, he ran off, in the opposite direction of the buzzing sound. When he was nearing where he thought was the location of the Beedrill, Ashton heard a "ROWWWW-ROOOO-LEEETTTT!" And once again he heard a "Beeeee-driiiiiiiiiiii!" A CRASH could be heard thereafter.
After 30 seconds of running, he finally made it. What he saw, made him gasp in surprise.
There was an injured Rowlet fighting the Beedrill that had injured Ashton. A part of the Rowlet's beak was minorly cracked, some of it's light-brown and some of its green feathers were pulled out, and it's right wing was bleeding.
Rage coursed through Ashton, and he went into what we'll call "Overkill mode". He called out both Poli and Moon, and simply ordered: "Attack". Each of them either blasted the Beedrill with ice or water, and was messy, the bug Pokemon got slammed into a tree, and seconds after got punched through the tree (thanks to Poli using Brick Break). The bee didn't get back up but just for good measure, Ashton had both of his Pokemon use an Ice move on it.
After that, he retrieved both of his Pokemon and turned his attention to the injured Rowlet, it was now on the ground shaking... The Pokemon Trainer's gentless was still returning (very slowly), so without saying a word, he took a regular empty Pokeball out of his backpack, and lightly tossed it at the Rowlet. In a flash of white light, it was inside the Pokeball. After three rattles (or shakes), it was caught! He ran back to the group, exhaustion finally settling upon him. "Hey guys, I defeated the Beedrill, and caught a Rowlet. But it needs a lot of medical attention." He said panting.

“Well my name is Barda and this is my partner Nonja,” said Barda, “Greninja,” said Nonja, “And I think we should go first thing tomorrow morning because when the sun goes down we won’t be able to see anything so let’s rest up for now,” said Barda as he went to go look for a place to rest. Back with John he quickly ran over to Ashton to retrieve the injured Pokémon, “What happened please tell me,” said John as he brought Ashton to the sick Fomantis near the campfire to get him to rest, “Here I can help the Rowlet’s injury but you need to take it out the Pokeball and while I tend to it’s injury’s while you rest up ok,” he said getting his first aid kit.

((OOC: I've got to go to bed, then school, so it'll be a while before I get to post again. To add to that, I'm going to have to have to drive to a place 6 hours from my location. But I'll try to post at some point sorry for incovenicing all of u! EDIT: I may be able to post again tonight, but I highly doubt it!))
Ashton nodded warily. "Ok-Alright, come on out little buddy..." He tapped the button on the Pokeball, and in a flash of white light, the Rowlet was on the ground, injured, hardly breathing "Roooowwwwllllleeeeetttttttt---" It cried. Ashton leaned over it, "Hey, you're going to be all right, okay? You know what I think I'll call you Rowl!" He got back, allowing John to 'operate' on his new Pokemon.

John gently grabbed Rowl and placed it down on the ground, “Don’t worry it will be alright once I am done you will be as good as new,” said John as he began cleaning around the wounds so that they would not get infected. After he cleaned out the blood John began bandaging Rowl’s beak and injuries, “And I am done but you must rest now ok,” said John as he put his stuff away and went back to take care of Fomantis. Fomantis was getting a bit better now but still needed rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.