• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Shipwrecked on Staryu Sands!

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the time that Ashton caught a new pokemon and John tended to its wounds, Cole was recuperating next to Drampa. By this point, the super potion had taken effect and the dragon, although still unable to fly, was in good shape and raring to go. Cole woke up from his nap and saw that the group had yet to enter the cave.
"Oh good, no one's gone in yet," he yawned. "Drampa and I are all good now, so we can join you!" Cole walked over to Corey at the cave's entrance and peered inside. The cave walls bore mysterious engravings and darkness seemed to cling to the air within it... Although it was intimidating and scary, it also aroused a sense of adventure and excitement in the trainer.
"Alrighty, I'm heading in; anyone joining?"

Last edited:
"That Greninja sure looks strong!" Aurora commented when Barda introduced himself, "our party will be more than capable to handle whatever is waiting for us but you are right. Let us go in the morning. The sun has almost set and we indeed will not be able to see a thing. We do not even have a fire pokemon with us..." Aurora remembered her Monferno waiting for her return at home. Aurora also began searching with her eyes for a pretty spot to rest her tired legs. "Well, let's rest then. See you in the morning in front of the gateway!"

Aurora pulled up her scarf slightly over her ears as not only was it still chilly from the blizzard, but the sun was almost gone and the cold night was slowly setting in. Aurora noticed Cole and his Drampa recovered from the latter's injuries, and excited to go into the cave. Aurora walked up to them with her Froslass and said: "wow you are already ready to go! You and Drampa are truly amazing. Barda and I have decided to go tomorrow but you can go ahead with Ashton and Corey if they have not left yet. It will be good if a trainer with a fully evolved Pokemon joins them."

Barda then found a spot to rest and started setting up a campfire so that he won’t get cold while he sleeps, “Good night Nonja,” said Barda as he fell asleep. Meanwhile with John, “Well if you are talking about me and my Charizard then I will gladly join them but someone needs to take care of Fomantis while I am gone,” said John as he walked over to where Aurora and Cole were, “Do any of you have anyone in mind that can take care of Fomantis,” asked John.

Ashton leaned back over and held his Pokeball out, but before he did anything he said, "Thanks John, thanks a lot..." He then held out the Pokeball and asked Rowl, "Hey buddy, you wanna' rest in your Pokeball?" Rowl responded, "Rowwllll---etet (Yes, thanks for rescuing me back there! I may be tired but I'm ready to go)!" Ashton pressed the middle-button on Rowlet's Pokeball, and in a flash of red light Rowl was resting in his Pokeball.
Ashton turned towards John, "Well... I have Pokemon who can keep watch!" He unclipped, Poli's Pokeball and said, "Hey dude, you're going to have to guard Fomantis for a while okay?" Poli responded, "Pol-Whirrlll (Alright, I'll do my best)!" Ashton nodded and Poliwhirl went over to the injured Fomantis. "Okay, you guys ready to go?"

“Yep sure am but we still need to keep our guard up though,” said John as he was very excited to explore the cave, “But what kind of Pokémon will we find in there though,” he said wondering if there are any Pokémon in the cave or not. Charizard got up and was ready to explore as well, “Graaagh (Well we won’t know if we don’t go inside),” said Charizard speaking in Pokemon language being very confident. Nonja went up on top of the tree to rest as well but also noticed that the Sqruitle was being a bit restless, “Hey Sqruitle what’s wrong,” asked Nonja.

"Oh hi John," Aurora exclaimed as John walked up to her and Cole, "you guys go ahead, I will take care of Formantis over night. If it does not get better by morning, and you don't return, Barda and I will take it along with us." "Frosssss" Froslass encouragengly added. "Well, break a leg!" Aurora cheerfully added as she waved and left the departing party to find a spot to rest for tonight. She found one close to the fire and the Formantis, with a red glow returned the Froslass to her Pokeball and inspected the Pokeball with her Tropius. "I hope you are thawed out by tomorrow," she quietly said, placing the Pokeball next to the fire. She closed her eyes, excited yet worried about what they would see tomorrow. The sun has set as Corey and his friends were ready to set out. Meanwhile Barda looks asleep , so Aurora thought to herself : "I should follow his example." And fell asleep.

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
(((OOC: Sorry if I haven’t replied, my notifications didn’t tell me that there is activity going on in here)))

Nia followed the group, and fell asleep next to them, since she was very exhausted.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Otis was still wandering, until she saw a cave. Orange and yellow light came from inside, and Otis took a step towards it. Maybe Nia is there... Her hopes started to rise as she took more steps towards the lit up cave. Then she went inside, quietly. Otis saw the rest of the group sleeping, and in the corner of her eye, she saw Nia. The young Venipede’s antennas perked up when Otis entered the cave, and Nia lifted her head to see Otis. She quickly got up and hopped into Otis’ arms. Otis smiled and pet Nia, “I have finally found you...” She whispered to Nia, and they both sat down next to the fire. “You seem exhausted, and so am I, You can tell me about what you did while you were missing.” Otis said quietly, and Nia nodded. They both lied down, and fell asleep next to the fire.

"Okay," Corey sighed, still not keen on the idea of separating the group, but going with the majority. "Let's just all be careful."
He checked everyone was ready to go, then went through the entrance to the cave.
Inside, there were strange etchings all over the wall. He didn't know what language they were in, or whether they had been made by humans or Pokémon, but they filled him with a sense of hesitancy, as though he should run right back out of the cave and not come back.
The further they walked inside the cave, the more it became apparent that there was a faint blue glow in the distance. The cave didn't really have a natural layout- instead of there being lots of different pathways of different sizes and dead ends, there was one straight path all the way towards the blue glow.
There were stalactites and stalagmites obstructing the path everywhere they went. The ceiling got higher and higher the closer they got, opening up into a huge space.
Out of nowhere, three Zubat swooped down from above and began to attack with Leech Life, taking the group by surprise.
Trying to get his breath back, Corey commanded, "Helioptile, use Thunder Shock!"
His Pokémon used the Electric-type move on the closest Zubat, which fell to the ground with the force of the super-effective move. Now there were two left. One of them used Astonish, but Helioptile was immune to the move.

John followed Corey into the cave and was ambushed by three Zubats, “Aron come on out and use Rock Tomp,” said John realising Aron from it’s Pokeball and used Rock Tomb on one of the Zubats. The attack hitted the Zubat and it faint, “Nice work Aron now let’s help Corey,” said John going over to Corey to help. “Aron use Rock Slide,” said John as Aron used its attack catching the Zubat by surprise and defeating it, “Hey is everyone alright,” asked John looking at the group.

Corey exhaled, relieved. "Thanks, John," he said, "And Helioptile and Aron. I didn't even see those Zubat before they started attacking!"
It made him realise that they would have to be careful in proceeding. He turned around to make sure everyone else was all right, then cautiously kept walking.
Their footsteps echoed in the huge cavern. It was too dark to see anything but a couple of metres all around, and that weird blue glow up ahead.
It soon became clear that the cave path was starting to decline, leading them downwards and deeper. If they were to look back, they wouldn't be able to see the cave entrance, or their friends who had stayed behind.
"Gligarrrrr...." Corey's partner Pokémon intoned warily.
It eventually led to a fork in the path. There were two directions that they could take. One of them was covered in stalactites, the other was smaller but free of the rock formations. The blue glow could be faintly seen through both entrances, but nothing else, no indication as to where they led.
"Which way, guys?" Corey queried.

“I propose we should split up into two groups and each group takes one path,” said John as Charizard wondered if that was a great idea, “And it will be easier to cover more ground and look for more clues about this cave,” said John. “I will go with Corey if everyone is ok with that,” said John standing next to Corey, “Rroaarrr (Don’t worry Gligar my trainer is always like this),” said Charizard talking to Gligar while sighing.

The crashing noise of battle coming from the cave caused Aurora to wake up on a jolt. The fire had died down and the Fomantis was fast asleep. No noise came from the cave anymore as the party proceeded deeper. Aurora was surprised that she could see quite clearly despite the night, so she looked up and witnessed the beautiful stars and full moon in the night sky, lighting up the surroundings. „Wow...“ Aurora said to herself. She then noticed a peculiar blueish glow emitted from the pearl above the gateway where she and Barda planned to go tomorrow. „Barda, hey Barda wake up and look at this!“ she called, and without waiting stood up, packed her bag, clipped the Pokeballs onto her skirt and gently, without waking it up, placed the sleeping Fomantis into her blue backpack. She approached the entrance and inspected it. „Hmmm nothing seems to be new...“ Aurora thought and gave the gate a slight nudge. To Auroras complete surprise, it opened without any hesitation whatsoever, opening up a path into a sort of structure which although not below ground, prevents daylight coming in. Nonetheless, Aurora could see everything clearly, to her own surprise. „Barda come, I am going in now...“ she called out again, wanting yet hesitating to make the move on her own...

Cole had entered the cave just ahead of Corey and John, so he didn't immediately notice the Zubat attacking. By the time he realized what was going on, the two had already handled the threat with ease. The group continued forth until they came upon a crossroads.

"I don't know if we should spread our group even thinner..." Cole replied to John's suggestion to split up. "Corey, does that map of yours say anything about which path to take? If this is a labyrinth of some sort we don't want to get lost..."

(OOC: A bio will be made for the new character once more information on it has been revealed in the RP.)

BIC:

"S- so- some... thing's not right a- at all. If you re- really wanna know... I- I feel l- like... miser... able," Seth murmured to the Greninja, before the Squirtle covered his teary eyes. He gave out a few snivels in front of the Greninja.

"It's no use, there's probably no way out of here is there? Maybe that dang turtle was right," Seth thought, before several tears fell from his eyes.
----------------------------------------------------------
Pacen decided to get off of the Drampa's back once the Pancham had enough strength for its own movements. The panda Pokémon grabbed his bag and wore it on once he secured a good level with his beanie and bamboo stick. Suddenly, a loud thud came from a nearby area within the forest!

"Eek! W- wha... what was that?!" Pacen squealed to himself, as he dashed towards the source of the heavy sound!

"Urgh! Go away you dumb purple thing! Those three hands ain't gonna save ya!" Pacen shouted, as he smacked a purple monkey Pokémon upside the head in a swift, powerful motion!

"Ai- Aip!" The monkey exclaimed, as it dashed away from Pacen!

"H- hey! A- a- are you okay there? A- achoo!" Pacen asked before he ran up to a small figure that lied motionlessly on the ground.

"S- sorry... I'm just a bit under the weather r- right... n- now," Pacen quickly added after a light sniffle.

"Re... boot... ing... unkn... own... subj... ect... con- confirmed," The infant quietly stated, as it sluggishly attempted to get back on its feet.

"O- okay... that kid definitely sounds kinda weird already," Pacen thought as he scratched his chin for a brief moment.

"W- what happened? A- are you o- okay? Achoo! A- a- achoo! Urgh!" Pacen inquired the child, as he noted the slight, squirming motions of its hands and feet it made. The Pancham quickly covered up on another series of sneezes a split second later.

"I- I don't re- rem... remember much," The child replied, as its clear eyes flashed a faint, white light for a brief moment.

"Analyzing memory... video footage found. Analyzing condition... no visible signs of damage detected," The infant added, as Pacen had a perplexed look at the young person.

"V- video? W- wha? Umm... I guess he might of had a camera or something," Pacen thought, while he fidgeted with his bamboo stick for a brief moment.

"Umm... I was wondering if y- you could like p- play that v- video," Pacen said to the child.

"Command recognized. Playing footage file AB-008," The infant swiftly responded in a noticeable monotone, before it carefully adjusted its baby blue bonnet.

A small, holographic screen popped up in front of the child for the Pancham to view. The same purple monkey from earlier was present in the footage. Pacen took a deep breath the moment he noticed the monkey's attempt with a quick theft of the child's bonnet. The Pancham gulped once the infant tripped in its point of view. The screen turned black once the video finished, as the young child discreetly allowed the screen to harmlessly disappear in front of Pacen's eyes.

"Wow, that purple thing really failed so badly I guess," Pacen thought, as he slowly helped up the infant.

"T- thank you. I guess I shouldn't be going alone in a place like this," The little child said, as it poked its torso for a brief moment. A slight, metallic noise followed soon after.

"Well, I don't think it's a good idea for someone like you to be alone around here. Say, what's your name? I'm Pacen, and I'll explain more along the w- achoo! Uhh... way, y- yeah... a- achoo!" Pacen stated before he allowed the infant to follow him. Pacen gave a light sigh once the succession of sneezes came again.

"Command recognized. My name is H4-N131, but most people just call me Handi," The young child replied, as it toddled with short, unsteady steps. The two decided to make their way towards the cave in a light, casual manner.

Corey agreed with Cole. He'd already compromised by allowing the group to split up earlier; he didn't want to split it even further. There could be more dangerous Pokémon further into the cave, or some rocks might fall onto them- anything was possible and it was probably best to stick together.
Besides, at Cole's suggestion, he looked at the map by asking Helioptile to use Light Screen. It clearly depicted the forked entrance of the cave and a long black line directed them down the left path, which was the path covered in stalactites.
"Looks like it's this way," Corey pointed and started down the left entrance.

“Ok let’s go then,” said John as he became impatient and decided to go ahead of the group, “Come on you slowpokes move it haha,” said John with a smile across his face. Barda woke up from Aurora and had gotten up to follow her, “Nonja let’s go,” said Barda as he caught up to Aurora with Nonja following him from behind, “You know you could have waited for me,” Barda said while sighing.

"I did wait for you... right here," Aurora cheekily replied with a quick wink. "I also wanted to make sure that I was not hallucinating - do you see how that pearl glows in the moonlight? Its way different from the daytime reflections of the sunlight..." Aurora grabbed her Pokeball with the Froslass, but not releasing it yet. "Well, let's go! I know we planned to venture during the day, but surprisingly the full moon allows us to see everything quite clearly," Aurora exclaimed as she as calmly as possible made the first step into the structure.

“Yeah I do see that but why is it doing that,” said Barda wondering why the pearl was glowing in he moonlight, “Yeah I agree but we have to stick together though ok,” he said standing close beside Aurora making sure that they won’t get lost. John ran up ahead of the group but as he kept running a swarm of Zubats appeared in front of him, “AHHHHH,” yelled John as his voice echoed through the cave, “Aron come on out and help,” said John as he sent out his Aron, “Use Rockslide on each one of them,” said John as the Zubats attacked and as Aron used his Rockslide. The Zubats started to fall one by one but Aron kept getting hit by some of the attacking Zubats, “Aron you ok,” said John worried about his Pokemon, “Aron take a rest and let Charizard take care of this,” he said but Aron didn’t give up and kept going. Aron was then surrounded by a bright light and began to evolve into a Lairon, “Great job Lairon you evolved and now show me what you got,” said John as Lairon used Stone Edge on the Zubats. The Zubats were defeated and John decided to have a rest on the cave wall while waiting on the others.

It was difficult to pick their way through all the spikes in the tunnel. The stalactites were thick in places and thin in others, some short, some long, meaning they had to weave in and out of them. It was a slow, cautious process.
After what seemed like forever of travelling in this way, the tunnel opened up into a dark, damp space with a low ceiling and some kind of pool of water. It seemed like a dead end, but the map said they were in the right place. It implied they had to keep going, but Corey couldn't see any other entrance.
"Where should we go now?" he asked the others, puzzled. The teal coloured pool of water was completely still. It smelled strange and old, but it looked quite clean.

"I'm not sure why I'm having to be carried around, but okay then if they want to," Seth thought, as he slowly took a deep breath. The turtle Pokémon kept a firm grip on his bag, while he noted the nightly ambience that surrounded his body.
---------------------------------------------------------
"Loud noises detected nearby, nearby location likely hostile," Handi said to itself in a monotone, before Pacen turned to the infant.

"Y- yeah... I also heard what was maybe like a cry, shout or something. I think it might be better to go somewhere else since it's already dark right now," Pacen replied, as he stared at the dark skies for a brief moment.

"I agree with you, because it may be dangerous to be out in this time," Handi responded, as it took swift notice of a nearby pathway soon after.

"There's this gate that's been left open, maybe they forgot to close it I guess," Pacen thought, before he led the way to the gateway.

"Did you see that glowing thing above? I am curious about what thing was," Handi inquired the Pancham, as it carefully adjusted its bonnet in a discreet manner.

"It looked like some sort of white ball thingy, I think my trainer used to call them pearls or something like that. They're a good thing to keep, wear on or even sell to people for quite a bit of money," Pacen replied to Handi, as he noticed the infant with its attempts to keep up with the Pancham.

"Command recognized. Adding in definition: Pearl... a small white, ball-shaped item that is worn on, kept or sold to people for money," Handi stated to itself, as the activity in its processors spiked up soon after.

"Huh... there's someone going inside along with another person in that thing. Is that like their home or what... and if it is, I seriously could go for a huge drink right now," Pacen thought, before he felt his somewhat dry mouth with his tongue.

"Should we go talk to those people?" Handi asked, as it slowly rubbed on its sky blue, one-piece, lightweight garment it had on.

"I guess, but I think you might have to handle it since I don't think they can understand me," Pacen answered, as Handi's head twitched for a split second.

"Handle it? I am not sure if they would be okay with someone like me talking and acting like this," Handi responded, before it gazed towards the girl that made their first moments into the structure from earlier.

"I will try... but I am not really so great at this. The master does not usually like me talking to other people, he usually does that for me or lets me do it sometimes if he is with me," Handi added, as Pacen gulped and gave a deep sigh at the child.

"Look pal, is your master here? I don't see him anywhere... around here... right now!" Pacen retorted, as Handi recoiled away from the Pancham.

"No, but I still have to follow the rules!" Handi shouted in a high, infantile tone, as Pacen covered his ears for a brief moment.

"Alright, alright! Sheesh! No need to be screaming about it! We'll at least try to do it together then!" Pacen reciprocated, before he turned towards the direction of the nearby girl with a Poké Ball.

"Okay, I have copied that. Let us do it together then," Handi promptly said, before the two slowly approached the other people in the calmest manner possible.

As Aurora entered the structure, with Barda right beside her, there was an alarming quietness. This structure seemingly completely isolated them from the outside, with only the entrance being their connection to the outside world. "The structure is either Pokemon or man made," Aurora thought to herself, as she believed naturally such a structure could not occur. A few steps in and in the quiet she quickly realised that something was behind them. "Froslass, I choose you!" She exclaimed as she turned around and threw the Pokeball to reveal her Froslass. However, to her surprise there was only a Pancham and an infant. They did not seem to be hostile and Froslass' calmness confirmed that.

Aurora was seriously confused by the appearance and asked, pulling her scarf up to hide her facial expressions which would reveal said confusion: "whe... where do you come from little ones? And where are your parents? Are you the pokemon trainer of this Pancham or is Pancham just taking care of you? After alll, you do seem a little young for a Pokemon trainer..."

Barda kept his cool and went up to the little girl, “Hey you can trust us so there is no reason for you to be afraid but you should stay close to us so that you won’t get lost ok,” said Barda as he put the Squirtle down on the ground, “Hey Squirtle why not keep this little one company ok,” said Barda as he stood up and gone over to Aurora, “Hey Aurora next time if someone is behind us just look before you act ok,” said Barda as he kept walking into the cave.

Fomantis started to wake up but was still weak, “Where am I,” asked Fomantis.

John then woke up from his nap and he knew that he has been separated from the group and started to worry, “Hello anyone,” yelled John hoping that someone might hear his voice, “Lairon do you think anyone will find us,” asked John holding his legs up against his chest as he began to cry. Lairon tried to cheer up John but it didn’t work. Teddiursa then came out of his Pokeball and hugged John trying to make him feel better.

Charizard was still with the group as he began to worry about John, “Rrroaarr (Hey shouldn’t we look for John),” said Charizard in Pokemon language.

"Ok, I am sorry," Aurora said quietly. Being one of the older members of the survivors, she had not expected to get told off, and the fact that it was a strong trainer like Barda made her resent her actions a little, so she pulled up her scarf further, so that one could only see her nose and eyes, in order to hide the ashamed expression on her face. "Now is not the time for such rushed actions Aurora!" She said to herself, then her Froslass touched her and a shiver went down her spine, sending her away from her thoughts into reality, where Barda, Greninja, the Pancham and the little girl were already a bit ahead. "Frossss," the Pokemon exclaimed. "Ye I will cool down," Aurora very quietly responded, "thanks."

She then heard a rustling noise coming from her bag, the Fomantis was waking up slowly. Her bag still contained some fruit from the Tropius, so Aurora hoped that the Fomantis would be fine for another while. The Froslass checked up on the Fomantis, and although still weak, it was in stable condition.

The group now consisting of Aurora, Froslass, Barda, Greninja, Pancham and the little girl ventured further into the structure. Aurora did not understand how despite it being a closed structure, she could see everything relatively clearly. There were no Pokemon, and no sounds. So they went deeper. Aurora had a feeling that they were ascending, which would be very counterintuitive but that is what her guts told her. "Hey Barda, do you have the feeling that we are ascending as well? Or am I just feeling tired?" Aurora asked.

Barda stopped and looked towards Aurora and said, “I think you are just tired but if you want we can stop and have a rest here for a while,” as he began to wonder why she asked if we were ascending. Barda was feeling tired as well and was almost falling asleep but kept himself awake.

Fomantis looked at the girl who was giving her food to eat, “Thank you,” said Fomantis in Pokemon language as she began to eat the fruit, “Hey can I ask you where is Charizard,” Fomantis asked as she popped her head out of the bag.

"Umm... uhh... okay I guess then," Seth thought, before the Squirtle soon found himself placed down on the ground. The turtle Pokémon decided to follow the infant and the panda Pokémon without a word yet to them at the moment.
-------------------------------------------------------------
"Processing commands... commands recognized. My location of origin is kept confidential. Voice password required for location of origin. I do not know where the master is right now unfortunately. I do not know what a trainer is, and the Pancham here had found me after I was almost attacked by some sort of purple monkey Pokémon. I may look very young and sometimes act that way, but I was designed that way by the master. He has his reasons for that purpose," Handi droned in his response, as he patted on his bonnet for a brief moment.

"Scanning subjects... targets confirmed... adding in database. Database added... Category: Non-threats," Handi quickly added once its eyes flashed at everyone for a brief moment. The Squirtle, Pancham and child decided to follow along with the girl and the other people and Pokémon.

"This does not look like a normal kid right here," Pacen thought, before he twirled around his bamboo stick for a brief moment.

Aurora did not give much notice to the infant's robotic talk, "kid is just playing robot," Aurora thought to herself as they continued their journey.

When Fomantis popped its head out of the bag, to ask about Charizard, Froslass responded with a little sad "I do not know," in Pokemon language. "However, that one is quite the loud one, we will hear him soon enough!" The Froslass was not too fond of the Charizard, mostly due to type disadvantage, but even she knew that Charizard was a good Pokemon - in battle and character.

Then Aurora responded to Barda: "Ok, I must be imagining things then. But don't worry if we take a break now, we will sleep until morning and that ruins the whole purpose of us going at night. The weird situation we are in, I have a suspicion that in daytime it is different so I do not want to miss this opportunity!" Funnily enough, Aurora hoped her intuition was correct because otherwise she woke up everyone for absolutely no purpose whatsoever. She already feels guilty, but that would be just horrible.

As they walked further, the path began to get smaller, forcing the group into single file. "This feels like a trap..." Aurora thought but obviously did not exclaim her suspicions out loud.

((OOC: Hey guys, if you don't mind, I would love to change the pokeball catching, and overall look, and retrieval to something like this! It basically, is the beleif of shrinking the Pokemon into the Pokeball))
Ashton had been following Corey dutifully, dodging the stalagmites; while fighting some Zubats, Moon, Poli, and Rowl working overtime to keep their trainer safe. And if Gligar or Corey needed help one of the three would help. Once they reached the cave/opening, Ashton held in a gasp. He looked at the teal lake and saw a wave of motion and ran over to it. Ashton got on his knees, and bent over; gazing into the semi-clean waters, when he saw the shape of a fish in the water, Ashton got oven closer. That's when a caudal fin of a fish Pokemon exploded out of the water, making it slam against his face.
"Aughh!" He cried out in pain. He turned around and said, "Oh, you're going to regret that!" He shrugged off his backpack, unzipped it and then grabbed two empty Dive Balls proceeding to clip them to his Pokebelt. Ashton, threw down Poli's Pokeball and once the ball hit the ground, the lid and bottom split fully apart, smoke curled around Poli. The Pokemon understood what happened, and commanded: "Bring me that fish, but I want it alive. I WANT IT!" Poliwhirl jumped in the river and Ashton waited

"Hmmm..." Cole hesitantly approached the pool of water in the centre of the chamber.
"Strange... Doesn't the map say we need to continue forward?" He paused for a moment to think when suddenly a great fin burst forth from the water, startling the group. Ashton sent his pokemon after it - it looked like he was trying to catch it.

"Okay, Croagunk, come on out!" Cole tossed the pokeball of his newest partner.
"Croagunk!" the pokemon exclaimed as he emerged.
"Alright, Croagunk, if there are pokemon in this pool of water then it must be deeper than it looks... Would it be possible for you to swim down and do some reconnaissance while Poli distracts that fish?
Croagunk agreed to the command and dove down into the water while Poli and the unknown pokemon duked it out. After a few minutes he reemerged, indicating to Cole that the pool was indeed quite expansive, and that in order to progress through the cave they might have to swim through it...

After Cole's Crognauk had emerged, Poli wasn't very far away from coming out himself. When he did, Poli had it's caudal fin in it's right hand. Then it slammed the fish onto the ground. Ashton looked at the fish Pokemon and realized it was a Feebas. Poli was rubbing his stomach, the Feebas probably defended himself but just couldn't win. It started flopping, trying to get back into the river. The Feebas wasn't injured fatality or anything, but just enough for it to be captured... He unclipped one of his two Dive Balls, and threw it underhanded (at the Feebas). At first the Dive Ball got slightly bigger than the actual fish, but after a second or two: it shrunk down to the usual size of (slighlty bigger than) a grapefruit. Ashton walked over to the Dive Ball and picked it up, looked in the lid and said, "Hello there! Welcome to the team! I'll call you Fee!" The pokemon made somewhat of a smile, Ashton had never thought that Feebas as a Pokemon was ugly or hideous. Ashton clipped the Dive Ball to his belt, and Ashton held out his hand towards Poli, and it retrived itself into it's Pokeball and somehow flew back into his hand. He attached it back to his Pokebelt once more. "Alright, you guys ready to discover more?"

"A trap? That doesn't sound too great," Seth thought, while he followed alongside the infant and the Pancham. The Squirtle resisted the urge to rub on his left hand and chest, as the slight, stinging pain continued to make its way around the wounded areas.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
"Umm, kinda hate to ask, but do you have like a light or something? I don't really feel safe when we're out so late like this," Pacen asked Handi.

"Command recognized... activating headlights. Due to lower battery, low power mode has been activated," Handi replied in a monotone, before two small, dull, conical beams of light appeared in front of Handi a brief moment later.

"Okay, so what else can you do then?" Pacen asked, while he took swift notice of the gradual decrease in the size of the path the group maneuvered on.

"I am not sure, as the master had not spent much time with me after I was put aside in favor of something that people could carry around in their pockets," Handi swiftly responded, before Pacen gave a slight groan at the child.

Barda already knew that this was no ordinary girl but continued walking. “Well if this is a trap then I should go check it out,” said Barda as he got his Pokeball to return Nonja and send him out again in front of the group, “Nonja go check if there is a trap up ahead please,” asked Barda as Nonja quickly went ahead of the group to check if there is a trap.

John waited for the group to find him but as he waited he saw light at the end of one of the cave tunnels and decided to go check it out, “I hope this is the right way Lairon,” said John as he walked over to the light. He then made it to the source of the light which was the moonlight shining through a small hole and hitting the pearl in the middle of the room that reflects the moonlight at all directions. “This is beautiful,” said John.

Charizard saw what was happening and decided to take a few steps back from the pool of water because of his type weakness. Charizard began to worry about John’s safety and had decided to go look for him, “Rrrrrroaaarrrr (I am going to go find my trainer. I will be back),” said Charizard in Pokemon language as he walked back through the caves in search of John.

Croagunk swimming down through the pool of water made Corey realise it was much bigger than he'd first thought. They would probably have to swim through it. He was a strong swimmer, but he was nervous about having to hold his breath for a long time. But there was nothing for it; this was the only way forward.
"I'll go first," he announced, trying to seem more confident than he really felt. He took off his sandals, put them into his backpack, and waded into the water. He shivered. It was cold, but not freezing. He took a deep breath, and dived down to see if there was any kind of opening that they'd have to get through.
It was difficult to see, the water making his eyes hurt, but after casting around for a while he noticed a dark tunnel quite low down in the pool, invisible from above water.
He needed air, so he surfaced, gasping a little and rubbing the water from his eyes. "Okay, there's a tunnel down there. I think- I think we'll need to swim through it."

"G-great..." Cole was not a strong swimmer - in fact, he could barely swim at all... But he was good at sinking, so getting to the bottom of the pool of water wouldn't be an issue. After that, he'd just need his pokemon to help him through the tunnel.
"C-Croagunk, I'm going to need a lot of help with this, okay?" Cole asked nervously. Croagunk gave a reassuring nod and Cole slowly lowered himself into the water, maintaining a firm grip on the ledge in order to keep himself afloat.
"O-okay, here I go..." Cole took as big a breath as he could muster and let go of the ledge. As he sank down to the bottom of the pool, Croagunk grabbed him by the arm and started dragging him toward the tunnel. Cole frenziedly kicked his legs in an attempt to accelerate their progress, but for the most part he just wound up wasting his oxygen... Stars started to overtake his vision and his consciousness began to fade, but thankfully Croagunk was a strong swimmer and before Cole could lose consciousness his pokemon pulled him above the surface on the other side of the tunnel. Cole frantically hoisted himself out of the pool of water, gasping for air. He collapsed on the shore of the mysterious new chamber of the cave and looked around, hoping that his friends would emerge shortly.

„Be careful Nonja!“ Aurora called out to the Pokemon. She had a bad feeling about this, but the group did not stop. With Nonja leading the way, Barda, Aurora, Swuirtle, Pancham and the girl following and Froslass securing their backs, the group went slowly, single file through the narrowing path. The path was still clearly outlined, but it was perfectly trimmed to fit only one person at a time, giving Aurora an uncomfortable feeling. She also did not know how long they were in the structure - it felt only like an hour but it might as well have been a day. Aurora wondered how Corey was doing.

The group slowly continued.

“Don’t worry Aurora Nonja can take care of himself,” Barda said while walking with the group. The group kept walking until, “Look at the end of the tunnel,” said Barda pointing to the light, “We are almost there,” he said. They soon arrived at the end of the long tunnel and saw 3 shrines. One shrine had a statue of Moltres with a red crystal in front of the statue. The other shrines also had statues but they were Articuno and Zapdos. The statue of Articuno had bright blue crystal in front of it and the statue of Zapdos had a yellow crystal in front of it aswell.

John woke up and noticed through the hole in the ceiling that the sun had come up, “Lairon wake up it is time we go look for the others,” said John as he and Lairon got up to go look for the others. John kept walking until he had reached a room with a small pool of water in it and he also saw Cole had collapsed. “Cole are you alright,” asked John panicking while running over to Cole to make sure that he was ok, “Good he is alive but unconscious,” said John as he sat near the small pool of water.

Charizard was still looking for John in the caves and Fomantis was still inside of Aurora’s bag.

Cole slowly sat up from where he lay near the pool of water and surveyed his surroundings. He saw John sitting nearby.
"Oh, John, good to see you again! Looks like you found a way into this room without having to swim underwater, lucky... We'll have to use that way on our way out." Cole stood up and sent out Drampa. He noticed some old torches on the walls and signalled for his pokemon to light them. The dragon obliged and the chamber was filled with a flickering, orange glow. Interestingly, this new room appeared to have more of a tomb-like quality than a cave-like quality: the room was rectangular, with walls constructed of adobe brickwork and adorned with hieroglyphics of some sort.
"Huh..." Cole said out loud. "Well, we might as well take a look around while we wait for the other to get here" he said to John.

As Aurora left the tunnel, light beams blinded her for a moment. As her eyes adjusted, she witnessed the rising sun, furthermore, her gut was right: they were very high above sea level - she could see the whole island from there, as she spun 360 degrees not believing the beauty that her eyes were capturing. „Wow look at this...“ she managed to utter before collapsing from exhaustion. Barda and Aurora were apparently walking the whole night, and as it turned out up hill, to reach the shrine.

The crystals made the light from the rising sun colourful and undeniably beautiful. Fomantis left Auroras bag to witness the beauty ahead of them and Froslass was equally stunned that only several moments after the loud „thump“ noise of Aurora collapsing onto the ground they had realised what has happened. „Froslass!“ the Pokemon called, lifting Aurora from the cold ground into a sitting position and trying to wake her up with its cold breath, but to no effect. Aurora‘s power has left entirely from the journey and the thin air at this large height did not help bring her back to consciousness. She needed rest.

Ashton was up next, he knew he was an awesome swimmer. Mostly, because he loved to swim with his Poliwhirl and even occasionally with Moon. Now that he had obtained a Feebas, it would be even more exciting. He turned to Cole, "Hey, I know this might not be the time but I want to explore the bottom of the river! I'll see you once I get out of the chamber of water." He called out his Poliwhirl, and he threw his Fee's Pokeball into the water, out they both popped. "Feeeeeebbbbbb!" She exclaimed. "Poollll!" He explained the situation to them and how he wanted to explore the bottom of the underground river, they both agreed to help and adventure along with him. Ashton took out two more Dive Balls and clipped them to his PokeBelt. Ashton unclipped Moon's Pokeball and threw it down; out exploded the Alolan Vulpix. He shrugged off his backpack and told Moon to guard it while he was gone.
"Alright, you two ready?!" Which got a response of "Poli!" and "Feebbbaaassss!" Ashton and Poli both dove into the water, already glancing around. He couldn't really see anything but the opening of the other cavern, but Ashton decided to sink all the way to the bottom. He started looking around and saw a strange blue glow, in one of the boulders that must've fallen from the roof. In truth it was just a chunk of the ceiling that broke off and fell to the bottom of the lake. Anyways, there was a strange blue stone wedged in the rock and it was somehow glowing. He was starting to run out of air, but Ashton could still make it; he thought he could.
Once he got over to the boulder, he and Poli started pulling out the stone, Fee was just swimming around enjoying himself. CRAACKKK! The stone had finally broken off and it was the size of a rock. That's when Ashton realized that is was a rare Water Stone. He didn't really know when or how he should use it so he just stuck it in his jean pocket. He heard a "Maaannnnnn-tyyyyykkkkeeeee!" He looked up and saw the Mantaray Pokemon. It flew down and rammed into him, which was the move Tackle. Ashton held out his right hand open, and that was a signal that meant he should attack. He rushed towards the Mantyke and slapped the Mantaray, twice with each hand. It was the attack: "Double Slap". But the Pokemon turned towards Poli's Trainer, and opened his mouth; out exploded sound waves so loud, that they were visible, Poliwhirl attempted to get in front of his Trainer. But he was to slow the Feebas just waited in a corner scared. The soundwave knocked Ashton out, his body sinking to the bottom.

Barda noticed that Aurora had collapsed and went over to help her, “Froslass she will be ok just let her rest for now ok,” said Barda patting Froslass’s head. Barda looked at the the crystals and saw that each one had some sort of symbol inside of them. Barda knew what these symbols meant, “The symbol on this red crystal means fire, the symbol on the blue crystal means ice and the symbol on the yellow crystal means lightning,” said Barda talking to himself.

John agreed with Cole but heard a loud voice coming from the water pool, “Hey I think someone is down there and is in trouble,” said John sending his Marshtomp out, “Marshtomp go and help anyone that is being attacked down there,” said John as Marshtomp went into the water pool and went through the water cave. Marshtomp saw Ashton’s body and quickly swam over to him to get him out of the water. Marshtomp kept swimming with Ashton in his arms to the surface where John waited, “Hey Cole I need help with Ashton here,” said John as Marshtomp but Ashton on to the ground nd went back down into the water to help the others. Marshtomp saw the Mantaray attacking the others. Marshtomp quickly used tackle to get the Mantaray’s attention.

Last edited:
(OOC) @ShadowDragon1964
Okay, sorry to do this here but this is ridiculous. I've let a lot of things in your replies slide that haven't made sense, but this one is too far. First of all, this is my RP. I love when people have new ideas, but please don't try and massively change the plot. Did I describe three crystals showing Moltres, Articuno, and Zapdos? No. But aren't John, Aurora and Barda following the path Corey, Ashton and Cole have taken?? Secondly, you can't introduce legendary Pokemon without permission from a moderator, and I doubt you've got that. Let me guide the main plot, please. I'll leave in the part about the crystals, but there are no images of Moltres, Zapdos, or Articuno, and Moltres definitely doesn't show up on the island!!!!

Corey didn't even register that Ashton wasn't behind him. He pulled himself up onto the next part of the cave, emerging from the tunnel and the water.
"Wow!" he exclaimed. The faint blue glow from before was now extremely bright, almost blinding. The huge cave space he had entered was circular and interrupted by some kind of large central column. Corey stood up, wringing water out of his clothes, and hastened to investigate the strange stone column.
If he looked behind, he would have seen that Ashton was in danger at the bottom of the pool...
On his way to the other side of the column, he was ambushed by a Carbink detaching itself from the rocky walls. It startled him as he hadn't even noticed the rare Pokémon was there.
"Agh!" he cried. He shook his head and summoned Gligar. "Use Bulldoze!" he called. The move hit the Pokémon, supposedly super effective, but its high level and defense stopped it from getting K.O'd. It quickly retaliated with Stone Edge, which hurt Gligar significantly.
"Be careful, Gligar!" he said, worried for his partner Pokémon. Always the opportunist, Corey followed the move up with a Poké Ball (his last one), and after a few nerve wracking seconds, the Carbink was caught.
He petted Gligar to make sure it was alright, then continued on his way to check out the other side of the column. When he did, he was completely astounded by what he saw...

Status
Not open for further replies.