• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Pokemon Twisted Beige: Kanto journey with a twist! (Discussion)

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
me too. I'm so far behind and this long post didn't even get me near you guys. welp next post ima catch that spearow and then get some other pokémon. the post after that i'll get to the gym the next day. the post after that I beat the gym. then two posts of viridian forest, and two posts of pewter city gym. and I have to post quickly so that way when I get to mt. moon people haven't already beat cerulean gym.

me too. I'm so far behind and this long post didn't even get me near you guys.

Okay guys, raise your hand if you think Cosmic needs to match us in word count before our characters deign to speak to his again.

*Looks around*

Real talk: I don't think you should have to put yourself through a week or so of missed posts, if it's going to feel like work. If I had to be gone for a week, or a month, I'd be unhappy playing catch-up myself. I suggested the Time Skip partly to help bring old posters back for situations just like this. I saw you do it in your post, but you could've taken it further, and I know I wouldn't have been mad. Like, Chris might have skipped forward to Odessa's gym with a couple newly-occupied pokeballs, and we could've seen his offscreen-caught pokemon in the battle with her. Next post, you might bring yourself back to one faction of the group (mine, Karma's, or Beige's). But whatever you do, remember that this is your off time. The RP should never have to feel like a chore, because if it does, we would stop adding to it.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
I didn't cuz i wanted to keep it not too much. SO IT'S READABLE IN A COUPLE OF MINUTES LIKE SRSLY WHAT THE HECK?!

What Did You Do To Snoke?

Previously Ratbag the Coward
me too. I'm so far behind and this long post didn't even get me near you guys. welp next post ima catch that spearow and then get some other pokémon. the post after that i'll get to the gym the next day. the post after that I beat the gym. then two posts of viridian forest, and two posts of pewter city gym. and I have to post quickly so that way when I get to mt. moon people haven't already beat cerulean gym.
Okay guys, raise your hand if you think Cosmic needs to match us in word count before our characters deign to speak to his again.

*Looks around*

Real talk: I don't think you should have to put yourself through a week or so of missed posts, if it's going to feel like work. If I had to be gone for a week, or a month, I'd be unhappy playing catch-up myself. I suggested the Time Skip partly to help bring old posters back for situations just like this. I saw you do it in your post, but you could've taken it further, and I know I wouldn't have been mad. Like, Chris might have skipped forward to Odessa's gym with a couple newly-occupied pokeballs, and we could've seen his offscreen-caught pokemon in the battle with her. Next post, you might bring yourself back to one faction of the group (mine, Karma's, or Beige's). But whatever you do, remember that this is your off time. The RP should never have to feel like a chore, because if it does, we would stop adding to it.

I think you should only write what you can, @CosmicDreams. Do not write a huge post if you don't want to. I do think that a time skip can help, so if you want, you can jump to the forest. Prehaps we could all time skip to Pewter, even if we haven't finished what we set out to do in Viridian.

Last edited by a moderator:
What people, exactly?

Oh, Johnson, by the way . . . I hope I didn't overstep my bounds with the Bug Catchers. I put words in their mouths, but I tried not to go out of character from them, or make them lose a battle.

Last edited:

Note that we have entered a new time skip. It is now a new day in the rp.
Crap, I agree.
Now I'm going to post... I'm just going to say that Mike was going to Pewter City too.
I completely forgot that you were part of this.
Can someone give me the link of the RP? I don't know where it is...
https://pokecharms.com/threads/poke...rney-with-a-twist-rp.17674/page-3#post-521296 should be a link.

Also-IS references in pokemon? Really lol?!

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Ok I'm dropping out, sorry. I can't keep up with you guys and I'm not good enough. Besides I'm way too far behind and unless I get time skipped to cerulean or something, I'll always be "last."

Are you sure you're "not good enough?" I mean, when I was deciding whether or not to make an audio version of this story, I considered all the players, yourself included. You were good enough for me. As for being constantly behind, well . . . I don't think that matters if you're hanging out with another player. It took a couple of days for me 'n 9012_dirt to catch up to Johnson's story in Pewter City, but we kept a narrative flowing naturally. I suspect there are three alternative reasons as to why you're heading out, Cosmic. One: you're part of a bunch of other RPs, and it's spreading you thin so that you've got not time left for this one. Two: aside from the neutral goal of wanting "to be a good trainer," you haven't expressed a stake in this good-versus-evil themed story. And three: you don't currently have someone to acknowledge your character. Without companionship, Chris is left to scream into the unfeeling abyss.

It doesn't have to be that way.

D'you know why I'm devoting a couple paragraphs urging you to reconsider staying? It's because you originally came to me first, looking for a roleplay worth seeing through to the end. Well, this is one of those rare special cases. If it wasn't what you had in mind after all, you are, of course, free to go. But I hope you feel free to return, too. I'm sure Johnson and the others feel the same.

Ok I'm dropping out, sorry. I can't keep up with you guys and I'm not good enough. Besides I'm way too far behind and unless I get time skipped to cerulean or something, I'll always be "last."
I think that you should stay too. We need as many people as we can get. What's the point of having Chris in the audio plot if he will never appear again? If you do leave, at least give Chris to another user. But I do think you should stay and I think you should be able to do as many jumps as you want to I mean, your character isn't tied yet to the other ones. He can do her own thing and move to Cerulean if he wants. And it's better if the gym leaders are challenged in a different order for the different trainers, like, you don't need to battle Billy or Petra in Pewter, your second badge could be in Cerulean.

Boi, Karma's mine. And sorry if my life is just that messed up that I can't post, this will probably be my last post in this site anyway if by some miracle I got my life in order I might as well post if I can. Again I'm really sorry for the inconvenience called my life.

I'm so confused who's character is who's with all this controlling rp and fanfiction novels is doing. Someone please post.

Am I . . . really being that controlling? I thought I was being pretty moderate with characters that aren't my own. I mean, I controlled a couple of NPCs in my last posts, but they were of my own make. Still, let me know if I'm going to far; I don't want to tread on anyone's toes.

Cosmic: Chris (with the Charmander; wants to be a good trainer.)
Mikaela: Karma (with the Bulbasaur; haunted by abusive mother, traveling with Seven.)
9012_dirt: Mason (with the Squirtle; excitable and hero-hearted, traveling with Hibiki.)
Pokémon Fanfiction Novels: Hibiki (with the other Charmander . . . and the walking stick)
Mecha Who: Mike (with the other Squirtle; just discovered the ruined Pewter gym)

Am I . . . really being that controlling? I thought I was being pretty moderate with characters that aren't my own. I mean, I controlled a couple of NPCs in my last posts, but they were of my own make. Still, let me know if I'm going to far; I don't want to tread on anyone's toes.

No, you were only controlling one other person's 'main character,' Mason, so it can't be you. I was just a bit disorientated for a second there. I honestly couldn't remember Chris in the rp...or Mike.

Yes more than one person can have the same starter. Pikachu and Eevee aren't an option given to trainers. It's impossible to get an Eevee from the professor, but there is a Pikachu being stored. The trainers are only given the option of the three, but if they behave a certain way and get round the professor, they may find a Pikachu. You are accepted, btw

It'll come today. I'm a bit busy at the moment.
Hey, so you mentioned that Pikachu was an option, but it had be asked for in a certain way. So I'm doing it for plot relevance (mainly because i dislike having Pikachu as a partner Pokemon. Anyways, would it be too late for me to join?

Name: Jax Greyson
Sex: Male
Hometown: Dewford Town, Hoenn
Starter: Pikachu

Jax was born and raised in the small town of Dewford, in the Hoenn Region. He spent much of his childhood, watching Brawley the Gym Leader's gym battles surfing, and exploring the smal island. His parent weren't very active in raising him, and they died by the time Jax was 16. At this time, he was sent to his uncle in Pallet Town. There he learned of Red, who Jax considered a hero. He lived with his aunt and uncle for a about a year, she his uncle was accused of treason and killed. At this point, learning of the harshness of Reds regime, he decided to overcome Red. So to do this, he decided to get ahold of a Pokemon. He demand a Pikachu from Professor Ash, claiming he wants to be just like Red. However in reality, he wants to defeat Red with the very same Pokemon he chose.

Hey, so you mentioned that Pikachu was an option, but it had be asked for in a certain way. So I'm doing it for plot relevance (mainly because i dislike having Pikachu as a partner Pokemon. Anyways, would it be too late for me to join?

Name: Jax Greyson
Sex: Male
Hometown: Dewford Town, Hoenn
Starter: Pikachu

Jax was born and raised in the small town of Dewford, in the Hoenn Region. He spent much of his childhood, watching Brawley the Gym Leader's gym battles surfing, and exploring the smal island. His parent weren't very active in raising him, and they died by the time Jax was 16. At this time, he was sent to his uncle in Pallet Town. There he learned of Red, who Jax considered a hero. He lived with his aunt and uncle for a about a year, she his uncle was accused of treason and killed. At this point, learning of the harshness of Reds regime, he decided to overcome Red. So to do this, he decided to get ahold of a Pokemon. He demand a Pikachu from Professor Ash, claiming he wants to be just like Red. However in reality, he wants to defeat Red with the very same Pokemon he chose.
For now, accepted. You basically have to ask Professor Ash for the Pikachu. We've all time skipped to around Pewter City. You could catch up if you're quick.

@Pokemon Fanfiction Novels mentioned about Aerodactyl being part of Lance's team and you said how he was the former champion. Well, in this timeline, Lance was never the champion. Red became champion after beating Blue and then Red continued to be the champion since then.

Understandable. I'll probably get up a wall of text to get my starter, and catch up. How many days has it been post getting your starters?

Understandable. I'll probably get up a wall of text to get my starter, and catch up. How many days has it been post getting your starters?
It's been a few (I think two days but i'm not sure). Every time we time skipped, me or Pokemon Fanfiction Novels posted it in bold at the top. We time skip so that it takes less time to do certain things and it can vary, like i've time skipped 10 minutes in one of my posts. Your character could either have started at the same time as everyone else, or he can start now and lag behind everyone.

My posts aren't lengthy because I have a need to make them that way. They're lengthy because I try to establish a plot point with each one, and doing it right takes a few lines more than average. Frankly, I often make an effort to keep them from being longer than they are, which is why there is little descriptiveness of scenery or pokemon attacks. I might have shortened them if I posted more than once a day, but I pace myself to make it easier on me, and on anyone who fears getting left behind. Speaking of which, Johnson, you have been great in your consistency of posting daily, yourself. I've come to depend on seeing that little red flag in the upper corner every day, because knowing somebody is responding motivates my creative will.

As long as I'm posting, I had a thought. You know how, in the sign-up thread for that one Fairy Tail RP, the creator requires joiners to provide an example of their writing ability? I thought that was a pretty good idea. This is your RP, and your rules, but I thought I'd bring it up for the future.

As long as I'm posting, I had a thought. You know how, in the sign-up thread for that one Fairy Tail RP, the creator requires joiners to provide an example of their writing ability? I thought that was a pretty good idea. This is your RP, and your rules, but I thought I'd bring it up for the future.
I believe that is called a 'RP sentence' or 'RP example.' I haven't seen it on discussion boards here, but i've seen it on a computer game called 'Warcraft 3' I used to play, which is how I got into RPs. I used to go and play with other players online on Battle.net where we would RP on these maps people created in real time. The host would ask for a RP sentence/example otherwise you wouldn't be allowed on. It does seem like a good idea since it would make sure we have at least decent RPers and people who are committed to the RP. I'm not sure since everyone here can RP to some extent. I may try doing this for a RP discussion in the future. In all honesty, I quit a number of other RPs and stopped posting in general for another one, just so I could focus on this one.

If we manage to complete this, I've got a sequel planned.

I believe that is called a 'RP sentence' or 'RP example.' I haven't seen it on discussion boards here, but i've seen it on a computer game called 'Warcraft 3' I used to play, which is how I got into RPs. I used to go and play with other players online on Battle.net where we would RP on these maps people created in real time. The host would ask for a RP sentence/example otherwise you wouldn't be allowed on. It does seem like a good idea since it would make sure we have at least decent RPers and people who are committed to the RP. I'm not sure since everyone here can RP to some extent. I may try doing this for a RP discussion in the future. In all honesty, I quit a number of other RPs and stopped posting in general for another one, just so I could focus on this one.

If we manage to complete this, I've got a sequel planned.

With the aspect of requiring an RP sample, I've seen it done quite well. However it sometimes draws off a good number of RPers as they feel like that's too much work. Then again, most of the time, those are the RPers whom aren't very good, and spend roughly 1 minute on their sheet, and not having those kind of RPers in good. My main point, is that it implements a lot of uses and helps cut down who is the in the RP by giving them requirements to follow, and them seeing what a good post should look like. I've used it too, for grounds to not accept people, and it makes the rejection process easier as they both know what's wrong, and it protects the RP from more incompetent RPers or ones who haven't reviewed the rules of the site.

Also, for my post, I'll probably already be in Pewter and show getting the Pikachu as a flashback. Would it be okay, for my OC to get his starter the day before, (mainly becasue it would work, and put me in a postion where i could interact with the other OCs.)

Last edited:

With the aspect of requiring an RP sample, I've seen it done quite well. However it sometimes draws off a good number of RPers as they feel like that's too much work. Then again, most of the time, those are the RPers whom aren't very good, and spend roughly 1 minute on their sheet, and not having those kind of RPers in good. My main point, is that it implements a lot of uses and helps cut down who is the in the RP by giving them requirements to follow, and them seeing what a good post should look like. I've used it too, for grounds to not accept people, and it makes the rejection process easier as they both know what's wrong, and it protects the RP from more incompetent RPers or ones who haven't reviewed the rules of the site.
I think I would agree with you and only use it when someone is acting up.
Also, for my post, I'll probably already be in Pewter and show getting the Pikachu as a flashback. Would it be okay, for my OC to get his starter the day before, (mainly becasue it would work, and put me in a postion where i could interact with the other OCs.)
Ok, that's cool with me.