• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Pokemon Twisted Beige: Kanto journey with a twist! (Discussion)

Sorry, I've had a longer day at school than normal, and I needed to unwind a little first. This is what happens about this time in most RPs. The dry spell comes, members move, and we occasionally wonder if the story is doomed to a premature end. For the record, this is going to happen a few more times before all is said and done.

One day at a time.

What Did You Do To Snoke?

Previously Ratbag the Coward
Sorry, I've had a longer day at school than normal, and I needed to unwind a little first. This is what happens about this time in most RPs. The dry spell comes, members move, and we occasionally wonder if the story is doomed to a premature end. For the record, this is going to happen a few more times before all is said and done.

One day at a time.
School?!

Sorry, i'm just a little suprised.

Just to set the scene for people, Mt.Moon has a number of Paras who have infected humans and some fainted pokemon. If you're posting after me, there'll be a huge number of humans walking around with Paras or Parasect just attatched to their heads!

Yeah, sorry. That whole life thing has been a pain in my side recently.

Anyways, I'll probably get a post up in a day or two. It'll be a big one. Can I control the gym leader, so I can catch up, or would you prefer I RP the battle with someone?

Yeah, sorry. That whole life thing has been a pain in my side recently.

Anyways, I'll probably get a post up in a day or two. It'll be a big one. Can I control the gym leader, so I can catch up, or would you prefer I RP the battle with someone?
You may control any of the 'NPC' characters, so the non-important trainer characters that noone else controls: the gym leaders, Enforcers and Team Rocket grunts, whatever you need. I get the stuff about life, just take your time! You don't need to post huge paragraphs if you don't want to. I just like to advance the plot a little bit more than it would if certain things weren't in my posts.

Yep. I've got school.
I thought you were 27. How do you have school at 27? Sorry, the concept is new to me.
Also, is it just me, or are we getting, like, 8-10 views every time somebody posts? I know we look over our own stuff, and Stellar's doubtlessly lurking silently (hey, buddy!), but who else is doing it, I wonder?
How can you tell Stellar is lurking? I know he normally does but how can you tell exactly? So there might be more people other than ourselves watching over the rp?

Last edited by a moderator:

To answer the PM you sent earlier, Johnson, I was able to see all the videos on the list. But I wasn't able to reply to let you know.

The point was that I gather everything in one place since the videos are all clustered and I think it would make it easier. I tried to make it into a PM where only I could reply, so that I could get it ready, but I added you guys since it needed to have other people in the conversation

So, Charmander versus Sting. Which one wins? I'd rather the fight didn't drag out, so you might flip a coin or trust me with one. Charmander's got elemental advantage, but Beedrill's at third-stage form.

So, Charmander versus Sting. Which one wins? I'd rather the fight didn't drag out, so you might flip a coin or trust me with one. Charmander's got elemental advantage, but Beedrill's at third-stage form.
I feel like Charmander would win, probably because of the type advantage and the fact that it is constantly hurling embers at the Beedrill, but not without some damage being dealt towards it.

Got it. Okay, I'm making an exception just for today, and going past my normal one-post habit. I might even go three or four, though I'll be back to one by tomorrow. To help make the most realistic judgment in the ongoing battle, here's what you need to know.

Onix is about level 16, like Charmander, and knows Bind, Screech, Rock Tomb, and Curse. Ability: Sturdy
Charmander will not be sent out again, except at a last need.
Nidoqueen is around level 22, and still getting used to her new body after a relatively-premature evolution via Moon Stone.
Hibiki favors accuracy over power.
However, if opponents deliberately evade, he switches to power in order to drop them in one well-placed hit.
Hibiki's strategy is to last as long as possible, because he is waiting on reinforcements. He is certain that Beige's Cubone could sweep his whole team all by itself.

Cubone's set: Bone Club, Bonemerang, Headbutt, Double Kick. About Level 21 in game terms. Holds a thick club.

Raticate's set: Hyper Fang, Bite, Quick attack, Tackle. Around level 20.

Beedrill's Set: Poison Sting, Twineedle, Fury Attack, Pursuit. About level 17

Pikachu's Set: Electro Ball, thundershock, Thunderbolt (TM), Thunder Wave. Level 18

can i come out of nowhere with more pokemon and the same badges as you guys?
Yes.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Cubone's set: Bone Club, Bonemerang, Headbutt, Double Kick. About Level 21 in game terms. Holds a thick club.

Raticate's set: Hyper Fang, Bite, Quick attack, Tackle. Around level 20.

Beedrill's Set: Poison Sting, Twineedle, Fury Attack, Pursuit. About level 17

Pikachu's Set: Electro Ball, thundershock, Thunderbolt (TM), Thunder Wave. Level 18

Yes.
thx I have one question, though. Where is everyone?

Okay. Hey, uh, you may want to edit your post, because Skull hasn't made a counterattack. Also, I hinted that a certain Dragonite might be on the way, which knows Extremespeed after being given to a certain Gold-hatted trainer after visiting a certain Dragon Den years ago. Is that okay? I haven't committed yet, because I want to make sure you approve.

Okay. Hey, uh, you may want to edit your post, because Skull hasn't made a counterattack. Also, I hinted that a certain Dragonite might be on the way, which knows Extremespeed after being given to a certain Gold-hatted trainer after visiting a certain Dragon Den years ago. Is that okay? I haven't committed yet, because I want to make sure you approve.
If you read the post now, it should contain a bit about Skull running up to try and use a Bone Club attack. Yes it is okay for Gold to turn up with an Extremespeed Dragonite, so long as you don't plan on him doing this kind of thing throughout the rp,as it is a little OP.

If you read the post now, it should contain a bit about Skull running up to try and use a Bone Club attack. Yes it is okay for Gold to turn up with an Extremespeed Dragonite, so long as you don't plan on him doing this kind of thing throughout the rp,as it is a little OP.

Oh, it's WAY OP. This is a one-time exception for two reasons. 1: Because from the beginning, Hibiki was bound to lose this battle, which would have put him at the mercy of a character who considers him practically an Enforcer. And 2: The sequel isn't due for a long time, but Gold's occasional presence in the background is setting up.

Oh, it's WAY OP. This is a one-time exception for two reasons. 1: Because from the beginning, Hibiki was bound to lose this battle, which would have put him at the mercy of a character who considers him practically an Enforcer. And 2: The sequel isn't due for a long time, but Gold's occasional presence in the background is setting up.
I feel like if Hibiki and Beige had continued battling, Hibiki's Nidoqueen could have potentially knocked out the rest of Beige's pokemon.

Oh, also- I hope that the fans who made this music don't have copyright claim on it. I did as you asked, but I try to be careful about these things most of the time.
Oh right yes, I forgot about copyright issues. I listened to some of your other audio fanfiction videos and you seemed to put in music there so naturally I thought 'this is getting a little empty in the background' in comparison.

The difference is, I almost exclusively use Kevin Macleod's music from Incompetech, which is royalty-free as long as I credit him in every video description. Likewise, the sound effects are copyright-free. Red's theme, I don't know. But the empty background without audio is me taking it easy. Adding the right music and sound effects at just the right time takes a LOT of extra effort.

EDIT: That "phone call thing," by the way, probably confused you. The post is up now. Your last one pretty much implied a desire to travel together, so I created a situation in which Hibiki would accept the proposal. I'm trying not to usurp Gold's characterization, yet I find that using him was inevitable. On the plus side, conflict makes for good storytelling, and I was able to keep Gold's ultimate motives subtle and unreadable.

Last edited:

The difference is, I almost exclusively use Kevin Macleod's music from Incompetech, which is royalty-free as long as I credit him in every video description. Likewise, the sound effects are copyright-free. Red's theme, I don't know. But the empty background without audio is me taking it easy. Adding the right music and sound effects at just the right time takes a LOT of extra effort.
Right, Ok. I just typed in 'copyright free pokemon music' into Youtube and one of the songs for Red's battle theme was on there when I scrolled down. I also found a route 24 remix. The video confirmed that it was non-copyrighted. Route 24 is Nugget Bridge, by the way, so maybe this could play when one of the trainers is on this route.
EDIT: That "phone call thing," by the way, probably confused you. The post is up now. Your last one pretty much implied a desire to travel together, so I created a situation in which Hibiki would accept the proposal. I'm trying not to usurp Gold's characterization, yet I find that using him was inevitable. On the plus side, conflict makes for good storytelling, and I was able to keep Gold's ultimate motives subtle and unreadable.
It should be fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Name: Sukoku Matsuda
Sex: Male
Hometown: Saffron City
Starter (Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Charmander): Charmander
(From now on, I will add things that I think that would be great.)
Backstory: Sukoku's life wasn't so bad, he was born and raised in the west of Saffron City (Reference). His friends are still his friends, he was never cried at, he never got bullied, he is basically a common kid!

He is pretty good at technology, he is always searching for something new, and now that he got his first Pokémon (He took two years to get his first Pokémon due to his own laziness.)
Appearance:
ad8bee31-0a4a-4c77-9245-abd4baa78a1b.jpg

(I made this one, I know it's looking like Sasuke, but trust me, the back of his hair isn't spiked up like Sasuke's.)

Name: Sukoku Matsuda
Sex: Male
Hometown: Saffron City
Starter (Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Charmander): Charmander
(From now on, I will add things that I think that would be great.)
Backstory: Sukoku's life wasn't so bad, he was born and raised in the west of Saffron City (Reference). His friends are still his friends, he was never cried at, he never got bullied, he is basically a common kid!

He is pretty good at technology, he is always searching for something new, and now that he got his first Pokémon (He took two years to get his first Pokémon due to his own laziness.)
Appearance:View attachment 555032

(I made this one, I know it's looking like Sasuke, but trust me, the back of his hair isn't spiked up like Sasuke's.)
Accepted! We just got to figure out where to put you in the rp. You see, most people have got their starters and we are quite a bit ahead, so maybe you could join the rp having defeated one or two gyms!

@Johnson Ace, we’re going to have to wait until me and @Pokemon Fanfiction Novels to get the Cascade Badge, (I think he mentioned HIbiki planning to get it.)

Also, @Sukoku, a good idea, might be already have two badges and going for the Cascade Badge with the others, or maybe going for your fourth with Vermillion.

Also, on the prospect of collecting badges. I’ve noticed that there is more than eight gyms now. Do we need to have 8 badges to enter the Leauge or do we need all of them?

You go onto your signature, you press the [+] in the middle of the Save and Media options, press it, enter the title, and then in between [SPOILER and another one of those, that's where you write it inside =)

Sorry for commenting in this even though I'm not part of the RP, just trying to help XD