• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Pokemon Twisted Beige: Kanto journey with a twist! (Discussion)

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
For the past two days I've been using my time with my family and didn't have access to my computer. I don't want to post on my phone because I know it'll be unsatisfactory, at least for me.

What Did You Do To Snoke?

Previously Ratbag the Coward
If we are a few years in the future does that mean that the Pokémon Center will also changed? Will they looked like the Pokémon center in Generation VII?
I actually haven't thought of that? Would you guys like the pokemart to be in the pokemon centre?
Then I'll make it my last gym. I'll be battling in the Academy if that's allowed that is.

So our characters will be roaming the same place but not traveling in groups?
What do you mean by the 'Academy'

Name: Kibbles
Personality:Smart, Quirky, Strong, Clumsy
Appearance:Hazelnut eyes, Brown skin, Messy hair, Neon Rainbow Nike Sweatshirt with pants to go with it, Fedora with Headphone on neck
Main Pokémon: Dragonair
Other Pokémon: Slowbro, Kadabra, Castform
Trainer level: In the middle of Beginner and Seasoned
Other info:Likes Traveling in groups, Works for Crime stopping group called, The Legendary Guard, Is a good Medic

So remind me again . . . are we in charge of posting the results of our own gym battles?
It would work better if I rped as the gym leaders. I don't exactly want the gym battles to be too easy.
Name: Kibbles
Personality:Smart, Quirky, Strong, Clumsy
Appearance:Hazelnut eyes, Brown skin, Messy hair, Neon Rainbow Nike Sweatshirt with pants to go with it, Fedora with Headphone on neck
Main Pokémon: Dragonair
Other Pokémon: Slowbro, Kadabra, Castform
Trainer level: In the middle of Beginner and Seasoned
Other info:Likes Traveling in groups, Works for Crime stopping group called, The Legendary Guard, Is a good Medic
1. Most of us are in Viridian City, so you will be behind.
2. You can't have those pokemon for the main pokemon and other pokemon. You are only allowed Bulbasaur, Charmander, or Squirtle as your starter (or Pikachu if your character is smart enough to work out it's all a trick), which you can get from Professor Ash in Pallet Town. Remember that the trainers in this are new and only really would have one other pokemon. If your character lives in Pallet Town, they'll get a starter from the proffessor. If not and they travelled from another town, i'll allow an additional pokemon, but it has to be BASIC stage 1! Read the first post again, please!

It would work better if I rped as the gym leaders. I don't exactly want the gym battles to be too easy.

In that case, you'll need to prepare a way to somehow RP them in rapid succession. There are four gym battles minimum that have to happen, and I at least pace myself by posting in the story only once a day, or twice on occasion. Everyone's going to have to wait their turn until the trainer before them is done, so even at a much more rapid pace, this will hold up our game for a week at best. RPing is like flying a plane in a way: we must maintain a certain amount of forward momentum, or it will go down. Unless you have a back-and-forth strategy I haven't seen before, you're soon going to have to choose between the risk of easy battles, or the practical stagnation of the storyline.

In that case, you'll need to prepare a way to somehow RP them in rapid succession. There are four gym battles minimum that have to happen, and I at least pace myself by posting in the story only once a day, or twice on occasion. Everyone's going to have to wait their turn until the trainer before them is done, so even at a much more rapid pace, this will hold up our game for a week at best. RPing is like flying a plane in a way: we must maintain a certain amount of forward momentum, or it will go down. Unless you have a back-and-forth strategy I haven't seen before, you're soon going to have to choose between the risk of easy battles, or the practical stagnation of the storyline.
Yes, I'm aware. What does everyone else want? You don't have to battle this gym, you can go back and do it later, or we can skip certain points in the battle.

I think Mason is camping with Hibiki, sorry if I'm messing things up)

You are totally fine, dude. The reason I didn't mention Mason was that I'm still uncertain of the limits to which I am allowed to affect your character. Up 'til now, I've given Mason a couple of natural-sounding lines, and moved him only where it was obvious you were going to take him anyway. This time, I had no way of knowing for sure whether or not you wanted Mason tailing Hibiki to Route 22, so I left it vague as to whether or not he came along. (Like, for all I knew, he might have wished to stay at the Pokecenter to get the jump on Beige when his pokemon were at their most vulnerable. Probably not, I know- but I didn't want to negate the opportunity.) We should establish some basics of the Mason-Hibiki dynamic. Are they mostly sticking together at this point? Will they agree for show in public, even if they disagree about something secretly? If they battled a foe together, would you be okay with me describing Bubbles' tactics, and would you want to cover parts of Hibiki's pokemon fighting?

Speaking of which . . . Johnson, it's just about time for a player-character gym battle. I still await your approach to challenging-but-quick gym fights. If it helps at all, I'll give you full control of Hibiki, on condition that you acknowledge his battle strategy. Here it is in a nutshell:

Hibiki knows this is a Normal-type gym.
If Hibiki throws in the first pokemon, it will be Charmander. Otherwise, it will depend on Odessa's first.
If it's a pure Normal-type, Hibiki will send in Nidoran. It will Tail Whip, then Double-Kick until one of them falls.
If it's Type-1 Normal, Type-2 anything else, Hibiki will use Charmander to Growl, then Ember.
Hibiki isn't depending on Ember to cause burns, but he IS counting on Poison Point to cause a status condition.
Hibiki will risk losing Charmander before losing Nidoran, because Nidoran is his Fighting-type edge.
After training in Route 1 and Route 22, both of Hibiki's pokemon are about at level 10 at this point.

Last note: I'm going to have a little surprise uploaded later. It's rather experimental, but you may like it, if only for the flattery.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
I'm gonna... take a time skip with my character and have him appear in a gym battle with Odessa that way we don't have him standing there without life on the edges of Pallet town for the rest of eternity. Is that alright with y'all?

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
I know. Go ahead and do it now I'm fine with it. I'll just do it next if everyone's fine with that. I just wanna progress

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
I have to be honest. While I was away from my computer for a while, I got back to it recently but didn't post because I was lazy. I'm sorry and I'm disappointed in myself. Feel free to be mad at me :(

I would definitely like to see @Pokemon Fanfiction Novels do more of those audio readings! I've listened to both of them!

I've got more on the way. Perhaps every time we complete a page, and move on to the next, I'll cover that page. With any luck, it'll give this rp a unique element that encourages people to keep coming back.

Anyway, if your windows for posting become more narrow, I'd still suggest posting, but only three or four lines. If you just can't get computer access, let us know.

For the Hibiki/Odessa battle, how are we proceeding? My plan was to clear it in one, maybe two posts (so as not to keep the others waiting), but you didn't seem keen on that at the time. I've given you Hibiki's strategy, so if you want to just run with it in your own post edit, go ahead. I won't be posting for another eight hours, but when I do, I want to be clear on what I'm allowed to do.

Last edited:

Alright.
For the Hibiki/Odessa battle, how are we proceeding? My plan was to clear it in one, maybe two posts (so as not to keep the others waiting), but you didn't seem keen on that at the time. I've given you Hibiki's strategy, so if you want to just run with it in your own post edit, go ahead. I won't be posting for another eight hours, but when I do, I want to be clear on what I'm allowed to do.
I will allow everyone who is participating in the rp to rp as each Gym Leader for their battle. When someone is using the gym leader for a battle, or if I am using the Gym Leader for another story related thing, then that Gym Leader will not be able to be rped by the user that may want to use them. This basically means that Hibiki will do his battle and you can control Odessa, but none of the other users may control Odessa whilst you are controling her.