• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Pokemon Twisted Beige: Kanto journey with a twist! (Discussion)

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Ikr. I just do whatever I feel like. I usually do at least that naturally anyways if not I make up for it with like a dozen line post lol

Why must Karma be so mean. It's quite funny. Karma can be annoying when it's an abstract noun, and now she's an annoying person. No offense, but when you're like "what a brat" people don't really wanna hang out with you. Then again, when you're all huffing and the person's like "can we get this over with?" that person is annoying too.
I just read this post and lol, why do you think I named her Karma?

Nope.
I have a rule that I follow. All my posts have at least 3 lines. You might want to have this rule too, because one-liners kills RPs. Belive me, some RPs died because of one-liners.

I agree. I would add that 3+ line posts that function as one-liners are death as well. My rule is "add to the summary each time." In other words, if some guy were to someday summarize the story we're building, he'd need to acknowledge every post I made. If he could afford to skim over five of them with the words "PFN wins/loses a battle," I'm doing it wrong.

Anyway if you guys haven't read the manga sun and moon, I really recommend that you read it since there were epic battle moments there that might inspired you.

What Did You Do To Snoke?

Previously Ratbag the Coward
This is actually moving quite fast! Don't expect me to keep posting here, as I don't have every half hour free. If anyone wants to, they can control Professor Ash for the sake of getting their starter. In terms of pokemon you can encounter in the wild, it's the same as the games, except there rarer pokemon can be found in other places too. The safari zone still exists and you can enter it, but some of the pokemon were released there and it's no longer something that is advertised.

lol, he isn't called Professor Ketchum! He's not Ash Ketchum! His last name is just 'Ash' as all professors have their last name after a certain tree

Name: (Real name not known) He goes by the nickname of 'Beige'
Sex: Male
Hometown: Lavender Town
Starter: When he was a boy, his first pokemon was a Cubone nicknamed 'Skull.' When Beige decieded to go on a journey, he found out from secret sources that Ash was holding a 4th starter. You could pick up this secret starter from Ash, but he would only offer the other three. From Ash, Beige gets a Pikachu.

Also, just so you guys know, the Viridian City gym can either be the 1st gym or the 8th gym depending on what order you want it to be.

Last edited by a moderator:

Just so people know, I do have a plan for Gold. I don't really want to see him much in this but if there is ever a sequel to this rp, Gold will actually take over Red's role.

Quick note: Mason's father never trusted Red and went undercover to research the leader but was killed abruptly after the start of his mission- although Mason's thought about it a lot he's never been really suspicious about Red

@CosmicDreams just in case you didnt get notified, I already posted in the battle. Tell me if your planning on continuing it or I could just forfeit and get it over with.

Oh yeah, if you dont mind me asking, is there a possibility that other Pokémon can be included in this RP? Or are we just following the Kanto Pokedex?

The concept of a world inhabited by monsters with elemental powers isn't mine either. I read the forum rules beforehand, and maybe I missed the one about linking vids, but . . . I did a "ctrl+f" on "videos" and "links." Is Pokecharms afraid of copyright infringement? I don't think anyone's making money off this, but if I'm wrong, I'll totally take it down.

Eh, better to be safe than sorry. A mod already took down one of my video links when I posted my audio book in the Creative Corner. I'm still annoyed about that, since it was an act of creativity that most people don't even attempt, but it's their site at the end of the day. Uh . . . back on topical discussion, I get the feeling that your battle with Mikaela is going to drag on for days at the rate it's going. Be careful that you don't fall into that quagmire. I took a look through the RP graveyard, and it's chock-full of those.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
@Mikaela Strange don't abuse this knowledge, but chris has a potion. have karma think not because there is like no way she could know. also you can auto my pokemon, i think it'll just be growls and tackles and dodges then chris is gonna use his potion then you can fricking be outrageous by getting a crit, destroy inferno, and humiliate chris for all i care

The concept of a world inhabited by monsters with elemental powers isn't mine either. I read the forum rules beforehand, and maybe I missed the one about linking vids, but . . . I did a "ctrl+f" on "videos" and "links." Is Pokecharms afraid of copyright infringement? I don't think anyone's making money off this, but if I'm wrong, I'll totally take it down.
I've seen people post music videos before on the actual RPs! On the 'Johto League Tournament' a guy posted 'Shape of You' by Ed Sheeran because he was too lazy to write the lyrics that a trainer was singing! It wasn't deleted. I think it's safer to post them here since I posted music earlier in this (see above)
Quick note: Mason's father never trusted Red and went undercover to research the leader but was killed abruptly after the start of his mission- although Mason's thought about it a lot he's never been really suspicious about Red
Acknowledged.

@CosmicDreams just in case you didnt get notified, I already posted in the battle. Tell me if your planning on continuing it or I could just forfeit and get it over with.

Oh yeah, if you dont mind me asking, is there a possibility that other Pokémon can be included in this RP? Or are we just following the Kanto Pokedex?
The only other pokemon in the region allowed are pokemon that can evolve from said Kanto pokemon or into them. I mentioned this on my original post if you read it thoroughly enough e.g. Magmortar, Electivire etc.
@Pokemon Fanfiction Novels i feel like the viridian city song isn't allowed...
I HAVE seen people post youtube songs in rps before e.g. in 'Johto League Tournament,' a guy posted 'Shape of You' By Ed Sheeran when he wanted his trainer character to sing a song but he was too lazy to post the lyrics, you see. I also posted a Youtube song above and that didn't get deleted either.

Name: Eric Moede
Sex: Male
Hometown: Slateport City (Moved in from Hoenn to Viridian City)
Starter (Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Charmander): Charmander
(P.S.-Respects Red as a person, Sees Team Rocket as the Bad guys)
Accepted! But...
why is there an adult hanging out with random teens lol
You might wanna bump the age down a few years, the idea of this is now looking remarkably creepy

Well, you're not your character. I'm almost 30 (creepy old person, I know), but I used a 16-year-old character because it aligned with the RP's setting. Also, go figure- Cosmic was gonna take Bulbasaur, and I was gonna take Bulbasaur, because Venusaur is the only half-decent grass pokemon in Kanto IMO. Buuuut I wanted to keep the spread of starters even at the time, and only Charmander had two mega-evolutions.

Hey, I know how this can work. What if you pick Bulbasaur as your starter, join up, and do a trade with Cosmic or me? Then we'll have an even two Bulbasaurs, two Charmanders, and two Squirtles.

Wha-? Irritate? You're not irritating. I hope I didn't set that impression. I'm just saying that you don't need to make your character your own age as a hard-and-fast rule, and I imagine the whole mid-teens character setup was so that the Trainer Journey would be a "rite of passage" to adulthood, or something like that.

BTW, uh, thanks for visiting my channel.

Since the group has pretty much all left Pallet Town at this point, maybe we could meet your character at Viridian City. That way, it'll be like you already got your starter as much training as the rest of us without having to play catch-up. It's up to you, though. Still up for trading.

If nothing prevents him, Hibiki's next scene will be in Viridian City. We've been in Route 1 for a few days, and I'm ready to move on. Also: are Mecha Who and xxForrestxx ever joining in? Or are you guys biding your time?

I am not here to Irritate anyone. I found this scenario to be interesting to look at and post my starter choice as you did. I went to your YouTube channel and your videos are good examples of brainstorming fictional plots for people such as you and me to look at/watch, review and give opinions about what to think. About my age, I am being honest 100%, I am 19 years old.
This is not the problem I was trying to say. It was that the character was 19 years old and so he would be an adult in the rp and I thought that someone else reminded me that this might not be appropriate thinking about who is allowed to have a starter pokemon as a trainer in the Kanto region: 18+ means that character would be an adult and only children (between about 10 and 11 ) are given starters
If nothing prevents him, Hibiki's next scene will be in Viridian City. We've been in Route 1 for a few days, and I'm ready to move on. Also: are Mecha Who and xxForrestxx ever joining in? Or are you guys biding your time?
So your character will not be battling Odessa as his first gym?

There is the option of choosing whether or not you want your character to battle Odessa as their first or last gym.

Wait speaking of gym leaders, can you give us the names and types of the new gym leaders that we will face off in the rp?

Edited: Oh wait found it! Oops, sorry its just been a long day, ya know. But anyway I'm assuming that Team Rocket's introduction will be in Viridian City, can the rp-ers recruit in the said team or not?

Last edited:

Wait speaking of gym leaders, can you give us the names and types of the new gym leaders that we will face off in the rp?

Edited: Oh wait found it! Oops, sorry its just been a long day, ya know. But anyway I'm assuming that Team Rocket's introduction will be in Viridian City, can the rp-ers recruit in the said team or not?
Team Rocket has grunts scattered across the region. Viridian isn't their main location, but the trainers could find out about their existence/find that they still exist, since according to what everyone has been told by the propaganda on the TVs and radios have told them, Team Rocket does not exist. This is not true-they are just in hiding. They have bases underneath Celadon City in the new sewers and in an abandoned house in Saffron City, so you will definately be able to join Team Rocket's motives then, at least.

Oh, yeah, Hibiki will definitely be battling Oddessa as his first gym. I thought it was interesting how you made Viridian the "first gym" option this time, and I wouldn't want to pass that up. All I was saying was that Hibiki would show up in Viridian next. Speaking of which . . . Ike, if you're going to make your entrance, it's the optimal time.

The way I see it, we seem to be breaking into one of two factions. There are the ignorant but lawfully-good Mason and Hibiki, and the more rebellious Karma and Beige, though I don't know whether they'll group up. I'm not sure what's going on with everyone else. I mean, you could possibly be a lone wolf, but you'd be interacting with groups frequently.