• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Pokemon Twisted Beige: Kanto journey with a twist! (Discussion)

I’ll probably split up the first few posts of my battle up a bit (For anyone to respond, who’s there, or will be there.) Then probably I’ll wipe the rest of the battle out in one go.

What Did You Do To Snoke?

Previously Ratbag the Coward
Well, I didn't get these notifications. Thanks for helping Sukoku!
Also, on the prospect of collecting badges. I’ve noticed that there is more than eight gyms now. Do we need to have 8 badges to enter the Leauge or do we need all of them?
You only need 8 of the said gyms in order to be let through to the pokemon league at the Indigo Plateau. Some gyms have been split up like in Pewter City-there are now two gym leaders-one on the surface who is a girl called Petra and the other is a man named Billy, who is underground. As a result of the plot, Billy fled to a secret underground organisation beneath Pewter City. You cannot battle both of these gym leaders. They both give out the Boulder badge.

I added Seraphina for the first time to the rp. She's currently a member of the elite four. At the moment she looks like she could get on well with Sukoku as he currently only has fire types, according to your trainer card!

Welcome, welcome. I hope you're here for the long run. All I ask is that you please make your writing easy for me for when I eventually get the audiobook to Page 4 and onward. Oh, and you should know that we do time-skips forward every so often. As for me personally, I'm pretty laidback about people bunnying my character Hibiki, as long as they are familiar with his personality. Likewise, I'd like permission to have slight control over your characters. Not to humiliate them or anything of that sort- just enough to maintain a flowing narrative.

Last edited:
Another Application:
Name: Officer Gavin Sykes
Hometown: Saffron
Starter: Growlithe, if possible, to fit the police theme. Would love to have a Ditto and Magnemite as well.
Disclaimer: I haven't finished catching up on the RP, but would read everything before posting if accepted. Would be fine with others writing him or his Pokemon in from time to time, as long as there is an attempt at consistency in personality.

Background: Gavin grew up wanting to become a police officer and bought into the state's lies about the evils of Team Rocket. Since securing his first homicide scene however, he has increasingly been exposed to disturbing signs of the truth that he feels powerless to do anything about. Officially roaming Kanto in search of any remnants of the Rockets, he secretly hopes for a chance to interrogate them first and get some solutions to the puzzle pieces that just don't add up. Along the way, perhaps he can find either hard evidence of foul play and/or trainers powerful enough to one day confront the Saffron PD about the reason why none of the Rockets survived incarceration.

Gavin is not good at battling, and his team is designed to assist him in his work. His ditto often acts as a 3D sketch artist to model victim descriptions of criminals. His magnemite has proven useful in finding metallic objects at crime scenes, such as wallets or weapons, as well as picking locks. His growlithe has been bred for bravery and issued by the state, for use as a guard dog, drug sniffer, bodyguard and loyal companion.

RP Sample:
"My whole life, I've tried to live by the Six and Three: 6 positive impacts for every 3 negative ones. As a member of the Saffron PD, I've seen some things I can never forget. How the chief of police sometimes turns a blind eye to crime she's tipped off about, in the hopes of making life miserable for troublemakers like the Fighting Dojo gym, or perhaps appeasing elements of the mafia. Keeping a clear conscience isn't possible in my line of work, but I like to think that I can still pick a few moments where, however small, I can take a stand. That for every three times I need to follow orders to turn off connection to the dispatch operator between the hours of such and such, I can 'forget' to do so another six. Maybe then I can do some good, before I'm fired or am eventually deemed too much of a burden and sent intentionally without backup into a job that'll get me killed."

Another Application:
Name: Officer Gavin Sykes
Hometown: Saffron
Starter: Growlithe, if possible, to fit the police theme. Would love to have a Ditto and Magnemite as well.
Disclaimer: I haven't finished catching up on the RP, but would read everything before posting if accepted. Would be fine with others writing him or his Pokemon in from time to time, as long as there is an attempt at consistency in personality.

Background: Gavin grew up wanting to become a police officer and bought into the state's lies about the evils of Team Rocket. Since securing his first homicide scene however, he has increasingly been exposed to disturbing signs of the truth that he feels powerless to do anything about. Officially roaming Kanto in search of any remnants of the Rockets, he secretly hopes for a chance to interrogate them first and get some solutions to the puzzle pieces that just don't add up. Along the way, perhaps he can find either hard evidence of foul play and/or trainers powerful enough to one day confront the Saffron PD about the reason why none of the Rockets survived incarceration.

Gavin is not good at battling, and his team is designed to assist him in his work. His ditto often acts as a 3D sketch artist to model victim descriptions of criminals. His magnemite has proven useful in finding metallic objects at crime scenes, such as wallets or weapons, as well as picking locks. His growlithe has been bred for bravery and issued by the state, for use as a guard dog, drug sniffer, bodyguard and loyal companion.

RP Sample:
"My whole life, I've tried to live by the Six and Three: 6 positive impacts for every 3 negative ones. As a member of the Saffron PD, I've seen some things I can never forget. How the chief of police sometimes turns a blind eye to crime she's tipped off about, in the hopes of making life miserable for troublemakers like the Fighting Dojo gym, or perhaps appeasing elements of the mafia. Keeping a clear conscience isn't possible in my line of work, but I like to think that I can still pick a few moments where, however small, I can take a stand. That for every three times I need to follow orders to turn off connection to the dispatch operator between the hours of such and such, I can 'forget' to do so another six. Maybe then I can do some good, before I'm fired or am eventually deemed too much of a burden and sent intentionally without backup into a job that'll get me killed."
Well, normally i'd be looking for actual pokemon trainers that would be starting a journey, but having someone rp as a character who is an Enforcer as well (presumably he is still one?). And just to check, his only pokemon is a Ditto? Aside from this, you're accepted.

Okay, quick question. Since they seem to planning to blow up the S.S Anne, would there be enforcers on the ship. I feel like they wouldn’t have as many for obvious reasons, but I dunno.

Okay, quick question. Since they seem to planning to blow up the S.S Anne, would there be enforcers on the ship. I feel like they wouldn’t have as many for obvious reasons, but I dunno.
Most of the Enforcers in uniform are in their individual cabins, or are next to the Captain's room, which is several flights of stairs above the enterence, through a long hallway-about the 4th floor.They have a secret agenda where every servant on the ship is secretly an Enforcer. Their plan is to lure Beige onto the ship and kill him, either by using the Enforcers themselves, or by blowing the ship up. They plan on using a fake Team Rocket attack to use as an excuse to blew up the S.S.Anne. The Team Rocket grunts will not be actual grunts, if this is the case, but Enforcers in desguise, instead. Lt.Surge is also very sadestic and does not care at all if a large number of civilians die in this case, if they are on the ship.

Their plan is to lure Beige onto the ship and kill him, either by using the Enforcers themselves, or by blowing the ship up.

Wait, for real? Some guy from Enforcer Central Command seriously greenlit a plan to load an entire steamship with explosives, with an entire crew of undercover agents onboard, just to kill a kid with level 20-something pokemon? Because this would be grossly impractical, unless Beige had Hulk Serum injected into his blood, or had an infection that could summon a horde of Zerg at will . . . or Paras . . .

Oh, wait.

Hey, quick heads-up: I'm visiting my parents at their house, and they've had no Internet for the last couple of days. So, uh . . . I'm posting early today, lest I don't have a chance at my usual time later on. As always, I know I must sound like a broken record on this, but you CAN move Hibiki around if you have a pretty good idea of how he'd probably react in certain situations.

If that's how you feel. I think it's only bad form if done without consent, and without interest in another person's style of action after observing them for a significant amount of time. When done right, the reader has a sense of immediacy in all posts, as opposed to one party being active at a time, and then temporarily shutting off as the other party turns on.

Am I too late????;_;
Not exactly 'too' but late. You can still post and form and get a character in. Most of us are in Vermillion City, so about 3 or 4 badges in (since the number of gyms have changed). I'm going to ENFORCE a rule for new people where they must show a committment to this rp, as we have a had a number of 'one hit wonder' posts where literally a new person joins and they post and then they never post again (or at this point right now at least). If you haven't already, read the first post to ensure you know what this about. Then, read the rp as some of the things on the original discussion post have been changed! For new characters: they need to be introduced in Vermillion City as of now, since we can't have a bunch of people lagging behind.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
who has the most badges and where is every1? i forget about this and i assume a lot happened since i last posted on this

Can I still join? If so, here's my bio...
Name: Nya
Sex: Female
Hometown: Pewter City
Starter (Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Charmander): Bulbasaur

I understand If I'm not let in. I figure the RP is crowded by now, but still, I like this idea...