• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Discussion

Description: I was exploring spike cavern and I got stuck in a hole when I was looking for treasure.
Client: Mango
Objective: Pull me free
Difficulty: E
Reward: $500 poké + ?

Oh wow, all of these missions look so fun! ;_; Poor Mango... I'd like to introduce my second after we've done a few explorations, but I may as well put her bio up now to check if she and my plans for her are alright. I haven't decided yet how she's gonna directly become less of a fool... mostly depends on who she ends up teaming up with, I guess.

Name: Marigold
Nickname: Marie
Species: Cutiefly
Ability: Shield Dust
Appearance: A gnat. A larger-than-average Cutiefly covered in a weird sneeze-inducing yellow powder. Has worn a variety of exploration team sashes and scarves in the past, with a new one every week.
Personality: Marigold is a sweet, cheerful, somewhat irritating teammate. She’s plenty nice to those she meets, but she tends to be a bit rash in the heat of the moment, in the cool of the moment, in the room-temperature of the moment… all the time, really, but she has the sense to keep a relatively composed mind during missions. Relatively, compared to her usual self. In addition, her fondness for playing silly, impetuous jokes on other Pokémon often gets her into more trouble. Being a Cutiefly, her natural ability to read auras is what draws her to hang around Pokémon that she likes, but she has difficulty reading emotions and auras beyond “this is a good Pokémon.” It’s for that reason that she’s searching for a good, reliable team or partner to be friends with, but she's struggling to stick with any one group for very long. With enough practice at teamwork and thoughtfulness, Marie could be a great ally, but at the moment her lack of impulse control puts her at odds with the concept. She’s currently the type to daydream more than she is to meditate.
Role: Support re: status abuser, eventually Healer once she’s evolved
Moveset: Absorb, Stun Spore, Powder (EM), Toxic (TM), Bug Buzz (recently learned)
Background: Rustling Village, born and raised! Her pops was a similarly high-energy low-chill High Plains Pattern Vivillon who used to work at the cafe but has since retired. Her mom was a florist. Both are disappointed with her career choice. Marie has done many, many collabs with other teams both local and visiting, and has a lot of... varied experience taking down outlaws both with others and on her own, but has not traveled very far outside of the area. She positively lives for explosions and regularly abuses her Powder move for this purpose-- is it silly of her to taunt fire-type enemies? Absolutely. Will she do it anyway? Unfortunately, yes. Her current fancy explorer dream goal is to find a Lost Loot and blow the cash on Blast Seed drinks at the cafe.

Her pranks will not be as bad as they sound (unless any of you want that, but she's not Powdering any teammates without permission). I can't write characters inciting conflict myself for very long, for all that I love rping with others. :'|

Very shook however that limited aura use is apparently something Cutiefly has in canon?? She can't do anything but tell good-Pokémon energies, whatever that means. Potentially it could be trained to tell generalized positive-negative intent, but that's as far as I'm going, and that's only if she gets a training partner for auras. (sweats) If anyone wants to have their character(s) have a flowery aura specifically when she shows up, please let me know since that'll be how she finds friends!

Oh wow, all of these missions look so fun! ;_; Poor Mango... I'd like to introduce my second after we've done a few explorations, but I may as well put her bio up now to check if she and my plans for her are alright. I haven't decided yet how she's gonna directly become less of a fool... mostly depends on who she ends up teaming up with, I guess.

Name: Marigold
Nickname: Marie
Species: Cutiefly
Ability: Shield Dust
Appearance: A gnat. A larger-than-average Cutiefly covered in a weird sneeze-inducing yellow powder. Has worn a variety of exploration team sashes and scarves in the past, with a new one every week.
Personality: Marigold is a sweet, cheerful, somewhat irritating teammate. She’s plenty nice to those she meets, but she tends to be a bit rash in the heat of the moment, in the cool of the moment, in the room-temperature of the moment… all the time, really, but she has the sense to keep a relatively composed mind during missions. Relatively, compared to her usual self. In addition, her fondness for playing silly, impetuous jokes on other Pokémon often gets her into more trouble. Being a Cutiefly, her natural ability to read auras is what draws her to hang around Pokémon that she likes, but she has difficulty reading emotions and auras beyond “this is a good Pokémon.” It’s for that reason that she’s searching for a good, reliable team or partner to be friends with, but she's struggling to stick with any one group for very long. With enough practice at teamwork and thoughtfulness, Marie could be a great ally, but at the moment her lack of impulse control puts her at odds with the concept. She’s currently the type to daydream more than she is to meditate.
Role: Support re: status abuser, eventually Healer once she’s evolved
Moveset: Absorb, Stun Spore, Powder (EM), Toxic (TM), Bug Buzz (recently learned)
Background: Rustling Village, born and raised! Her pops was a similarly high-energy low-chill High Plains Pattern Vivillon who used to work at the cafe but has since retired. Her mom was a florist. Both are disappointed with her career choice. Marie has done many, many collabs with other teams both local and visiting, and has a lot of... varied experience taking down outlaws both with others and on her own, but has not traveled very far outside of the area. She positively lives for explosions and regularly abuses her Powder move for this purpose-- is it silly of her to taunt fire-type enemies? Absolutely. Will she do it anyway? Unfortunately, yes. Her current fancy explorer dream goal is to find a Lost Loot and blow the cash on Blast Seed drinks at the cafe.

Her pranks will not be as bad as they sound (unless any of you want that, but she's not Powdering any teammates without permission). I can't write characters inciting conflict myself for very long, for all that I love rping with others. :'|

Very shook however that limited aura use is apparently something Cutiefly has in canon?? She can't do anything but tell good-Pokémon energies, whatever that means. Potentially it could be trained to tell generalized positive-negative intent, but that's as far as I'm going, and that's only if she gets a training partner for auras. (sweats) If anyone wants to have their character(s) have a flowery aura specifically when she shows up, please let me know since that'll be how she finds friends!
She’s awesome! Definitely accepted

Alright, I'm back home and it's bio time!

Name: Colin
Species: Mawile
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Appearance: Just your average Mawile with a big Brown scarf.
Personality: Colin is mainly seen as a laid back, calm and informal type of character, despite this, he does show clear signs of kindness to those he thinks needs it. However, if someone were to anger him--which is usually a rare case--he would gain an aggressive and cruel demeanor followed by signs of violence that he refers to as his 'bad habit' and does his best to never enter said habit.
Role: Brawn
Moveset: Crunch, Iron Defence, Sweet Scent, Fairy Wind.
Background: Colin was born within a decently running farm with his two Mawile parents. While he had nothing bad happen in his life, he rarely had anything interesting either until one day, his home was being raided by a group of Houndoom, while Colin's father struggled to defeat them, Colin stepped in to try and help him. Although he succeeded in driving them off, it was how he went about it that sent a chill down his parents' spines; He ruthlessly attacked the leader and beat them while they were down, the memory also made Colin flinch. When Colin heard about the communities that helped people, he went to volunteer so he could help others and diminish the inner savage within.

Last edited:
Alright, I'm back home and it's bio time!

Name: Adam
Species: Kirlia
Ability: Trace
Appearance: His 'skirt' and 'hair' are smaller than a usual Kirlia's. He wears a big Brown hooded cloak.
Personality: Adam is mainly seen as a laid back, calm and informal type of character, despite this, he does show clear signs of kindness to those he thinks needs it. However, if someone were to anger him, he would gain an aggressive and cruel demeanor. He does have a weak spot for treasure and has a slight hatred for rich people.
Role: Rogue
Moveset: Confusion, Magical Leaf, Teleport (Only to places he knows), Double Team.
Background: Adam was born in an isolated and poor home with his only known parent being a Gardevoir who tried her best to keep her son safe and happy... although it was short lived when a baby Adam and his mother both fell very ill and his mother didn't even have enough money to buy medicine, but did have the knowledge on what was needed to make it. Adam's mother left to go on a little journey for the ingredients, but the being that returned with the medicine was a Bisharp wearing a Black cloak who ended up taking in Adam and raised him himself. When Adam came of age and showed great skills, the Bisharp that raised him strangely disappeared and left behind a note saying "You're ready." And nothing else. Now Adam looks for clues on the whereabouts of his mentor... and the mother he barely knew.

I might edit and add in a potential quest + new location later.
We already have a Kirlia, you’re welcome to try again with a different Pokémon

I thought it'd work due to the double Eevees, I'll try and see about what other Pokemon would work, but I'm far too used to having a Kirlia PMD char.

I tried to create a dungeon that is appropriate for our guild's level! If it's a little over their level, please consider it for the future.
This is one of the biggest lakes on Blaze Continent. Whirling Lake is the home to various fish and other aquatic Pokémon, and to the finest kelp and seaweed, which is located in the center of the lake. Due to its limited amount, the Pokémon fight for it once or twice a day, often creating whirlpools. There are bridges all across the lake, making getting from one shore to another very easy.
The Pokémon found here: Finneon, Wishiwashi, East Sea Shellos, Alomomola, Tympole, Tentacool, Corsola.

@Red Gallade
I was hesitant on the eevees and honestly it was only ok cause they turn into vastly different evolutions (I understand there are gardevoir and gallade but those seem too similar). Honestly I probably would’ve rejected the second one if I didn’t know that @EeviumZ is the most eevee obsessed person alive, and I even made her edit her own eevee a lot before it was accepted. Also I told everyone afterwards that we are trying to get diverse species, it’s no fun if they are all similar, even if it’s just typing. That’s why I rejected the dieno who was otherwise awesome. Types that we have yet to fill are: Poison, Ghost, and Ice. Though flying would still be good seeing as Emolga is primarily electric. Also the only types I would really be opposed to is another fire or fighting. I could see Scyther, Sandshrew, Alolan Sandshrew, Sneasel, Kricketot, and Gilgar would all fill that role well.

I tried to create a dungeon that is appropriate for our guild's level! If it's a little over their level, please consider it for the future.
This is one of the biggest lakes on Blaze Continent. Whirling Lake is the home to various fish and other aquatic Pokémon, and to the finest kelp and seaweed, which is located in the center of the lake. Due to its limited amount, the Pokémon fight for it once or twice a day, often creating whirlpools. There are bridges all across the lake, making getting from one shore to another very easy.
The Pokémon found here: Finneon, Wishiwashi, East Sea Shellos, Alomomola, Tympole, Tentacool, Corsola.
Very good! Maybe a potential quest can be retrieving some of the rare kelp.

Alright, the bio's been edited, perhaps I'll make my quest involve the Kirlia I had planned and then some.

Although I might feel like changing the backstory to something else and have a bit more of a quest with a notable character in it.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
@Red Gallade
I was hesitant on the eevees and honestly it was only ok cause they turn into vastly different evolutions (I understand there are gardevoir and gallade but those seem too similar). Honestly I probably would’ve rejected the second one if I didn’t know that @EeviumZ is the most eevee obsessed person alive, and I even made her edit her own eevee a lot before it was accepted. Also I told everyone afterwards that we are trying to get diverse species, it’s no fun if they are all similar, even if it’s just typing. That’s why I rejected the dieno who was otherwise awesome. Types that we have yet to fill are: Poison, Ghost, and Ice. Though flying would still be good seeing as Emolga is primarily electric. Also the only types I would really be opposed to is another fire or fighting. I could see Scyther, Sandshrew, Alolan Sandshrew, Sneasel, Kricketot, and Gilgar would all fill that role well.
I'm just going to go ahead and hide in a corner now.
YOU CANNOT SEE ME DIE OF EMBARRASSMENT.
(and I'm a lot less obsessed IRL. it's kinda just my identifying characteristic online.)

Let's try this again. How's this character?

Name: Luck
Species: Shinx
Ability: Rivalry
Appearance: A normal Shinx, except he's coated with a few scars throughout his body. (Mostly around his legs and one big 'x' shaped one on his forehead.)

Personality: Luck has acquired a strong sense of rivalry, thanks to his upbringing. Almost everyone he sees instantly becomes a potential rival, or someone he has to best. Luck is no idiot though, he's not the type to always just charge out head-first, even though that's one his favorite things to do, it really doesn't matter how long it takes to beat any of his rivals. So as long as it actually happens, thanks to this he's very well-versed on how dungeons work and can put up a good fight with many Pokemon. Luck can also be seen as weird by many though, since every morning he likes to lay in the sun before dawn to relax.
Role: Fighter
Moveset: Tackle, Charge, Bite, Thunder Fang

Background: Luck was raised on fighting and intense rivalries, this is because he's the youngest out of a family of five. Everything was determined by fighting, so a strong sense of rivalry has always been between the siblings. Upon setting out to find his own path, he decided it was best to try and join a guild, since there would be plenty of strong rivals there to overcome. Now he just has to find one to join. One day he hopes to return home and show his family his newly acquired power.

Last edited:
Let's try this again. How's this character?

Name: Luck
Species: Shinx
Ability: Rivalry
Appearance: A normal Shinx, except he's coated with a few scars throughout his body. (Mostly around his legs and one big 'x' shaped one on his forehead.)

Personality: Luck has acquired a strong sense of rivalry, thanks to his upbringing. Almost everyone he sees instantly becomes a potential rival, or someone he has to best. Luck is no idiot though, he's not the type to always just charge out head-first, even though that's one his favorite things to do, it really doesn't matter how long it takes to beat any of his rivals. So as long as it actually happens, thanks to this he's very well-versed on how dungeons work and can put up a good fight with many Pokemon. Luck can also be seen as weird by many though, since every morning he likes to lay in the sun before dawn to relax.
Role: Fighter
Moveset: Tackle, Charge, Bite, Thunder Fang

Background: Luck was raised on fighting and intense rivalries, this is because he's the youngest out of a family of five. Everything was determined by fighting, so a strong sense of rivalry has always been between the siblings. Upon setting out to find his own path, he decided it was best to try and join a guild, since there would be plenty of strong rivals there to overcome. Now he just has to find one to join. One day he hopes to return home and show his family his newly acquired power.
YESSSS I love Shinx and was secretly hoping someone would make one. Anyways definitely accepted

So for the eventual tree house base, what concept do you like best? Also we still need to name the guild
amazing-treehouses-4.jpg

treehouse2.jpg

image-asset.jpeg

We could also do one big building at the center of where the branches go their own way and then everyone could make huts on their own branches

Last edited:
I understand there may be a few characters who just came here for the sake of doing good, but I just wanted to see about making a meaningful past for my char to make him seem better, worst case scenario is that I just have him as someone who joined because he could.