• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Discussion

Magic Sparkle

Previously Sparkling Emolga
I hope those characters are okay

Name: Sparkle

Nickname: Sparky

Species: emolga

Ability: motor drive

Appearance: Sparkle's tail is longer while his eyes, cheeks, and ears are slightly bigger. Yet he is slightly smaller than a usual emolga, standing at 1'0" instead of 1'4".
He also weighs 4.41 pounds instead of 11.02 pounds.
He wears a red bow on his chest.

Personality: Sparkle is naive and joyful, he doesn't take things too seriously most of the time.
He is hasty and reckless too, and sometimes get himself into trouble.
Sparkle is also mischief and tricky, always trying to play and make fun with his moves.

Role: fighter?

Moveset: electro ball, nuzzle, double team, charge beam, charm.

Other:
-Sparkle is still a very young kid, because of that his skills are limited.
-he is living with Bloom ever since he was hatched, he sees her as a guardian.
-Sparkle likes to battle, even that he most of the time ending up losing and fainting. But it never broke up his spirit.

Name: Bloom

Nickname: N/A

Species: chikorita

Ability: overgrow

Appearance: Bloom wears a yellow bow on the end of her leaf, she also has a side bag which she carries with her everywhere.

Personality: Bloom is calm and honest, she forgives very quickly and almost never lies.
Something she can get very timid, when it happens she is covering her face with her leaf in embarrassment.
Bloom cares about others, and will try to keep them happy.
She is pacifist and doesn't like fighting, she will attack to defend those she loves and care, especially when it comes to Sparkle.

Role: healer

Moveset: heal pulse, synthesis, aromatherapy, magical leaf, sweet scent, vine whip, protect.

Other:
-Bloom is originally from the Grass Continent, she wanted to be a traveler and moved to the Blaze Continent.
-she is taking care of Sparkle since she found him as an egg, she is the one who named him 'Sparkle' too.

Last edited:
I hope those characters are okay

Name: Sparkle

Nickname: Sparky

Species: emolga

Ability: motor drive

Appearance: Sparkle's tail is longer while his eyes, cheeks, and ears are slightly bigger. Yet he is slightly smaller than a usual emolga, standing at 1'0" instead of 1'4".
He also weighs 4.41 pounds instead of 11.02 pounds.
He wears a red bow on his chest.

Personality: Sparkle is naive and joyful, he doesn't take things too seriously most of the time.
He is hasty and reckless too, and sometimes get himself into trouble.
Sparkle is also mischief and tricky, always trying to play and make fun with his moves.

Role: fighter?

Moveset: electro ball, nuzzle, double team, charm.

Other:
-Sparkle is still a very young kid, because of that his skills are limited.
-he is living with Bloom ever since he was hatched, he sees her as a guardian.
-Sparkle likes to battle, even that he most of the time ending up losing and fainting. But it never broke up his spirit.

Name: Bloom

Nickname: N/A

Species: chikorita

Ability: overgrow

Appearance: Bloom wears a yellow bow on the end of her leaf, she also has a side bag which she carries with her everywhere.

Personality: Bloom is calm and honest, she forgives very quickly and almost never lies.
Something she can get very timid, when it happens she is covering her face with her leaf in embarrassment.
Bloom cares about others, and will try to keep them happy.
She is pacifist and doesn't like fighting, she will attack to defend those she loves and care, especially when it comes to Sparkle.

Role: healer

Moveset: heal pulse, aromatherapy, magical leaf, sweet scent, vine whip, protect.

Other:
-Bloom is originally from the Grass Continent, she wanted to be a traveler and moved to the Blaze Continent.
-she is taking care of Sparkle since she found him as an egg, she is the one who named him 'Sparkle' too.
@Sparkling Emolga they both look great! Accepted. If you gave bloom sunny day she could be really great support for Sol

Last edited:
Name: Jay
Species: Chimchar
Ability: Iron Fist
Appearance: The fur on Jay's head is slightly paler than that of an ordinary Chimchar, and his irises are a dark red.
Personality: Jay's personality can be described as "punch first and forget that I need to ask questions later." He is brash and aggressive, but is also highly devoted to his friends, always doing his best to protect them. He is always determined to prove his strength, both to himself and to others, and will happily seize an opportunity to square off against a strong opponent.
Role: Brawler
Moveset: Fire Punch, Ember, Work Up, Power-Up Punch
Background: A native of the Blaze Continent, Jay was born in the Flaming Forest, where he lived for a while. One day, however, he was attacked by an aggressive Noivern and, though he fought back to the best of his abilities, lost, getting seriously injured. He left the Forest, promising to himself that, one day, he would be strong enough to defeat that Noivern. Since then, he has sought out adventure as a means of improving his strength.

Name: Hitari
Nickname: Ari
Species: Kirlia
Ability: Telepathy
Appearance: Shiny and wears a black and blue sriped scarf around her neck
Personality: Sassy, Get's mad easily but cares vey much. Like a tsundere but less.
Role: Healer/Navi (She can use her Telepathy to "scan" enemies and locate staircases but she isn't great when she's the one battling)
Moveset: Psychic, Heal Pulse, Light Screen, Teleport, Lucky Chant
Background: Hitari came from a family of a prominent business that specialized in an Orb mining farm. She was bored of her preppy life and wanted to go adventuring.
Is this good?

Name: Hitari
Nickname: Ari
Species: Kirlia
Ability: Telepathy
Appearance: Shiny and wears a black and blue sriped scarf around her neck
Personality: Sassy, Get's mad easily but cares vey much. Like a tsundere but less.
Role: Healer/Navi (She can use her Telepathy to "scan" enemies and locate staircases but she isn't great when she's the one battling)
Moveset: Psychic, Heal Pulse, Light Screen, Teleport, Lucky Chant
Background: Hitari came from a family of a prominent business that specialized in an Orb mining farm. She was bored of her preppy life and wanted to go adventuring.
Is this good?
@Crystal1302 definitely, Accepted!

Hey so it’ll get really repetitive if I type the same thing for Sol for everyone so if you want to just have you’re character come in, state their name and then receive their badge (assuming Sol will greet them somewhat similarly) you can proceed to have them interact with other waiting Pokémon.

Just two things I had forgotten to mention... this will mostly be based on mystery dungeon Sky with items and mechanics (I feel loopets and emeras would really over complicate things and I generally just feel like Sky is the best Pokémon game of all time). Also if you are inactive for more than two days without any warning we will proceed without you, I’ve been in too many rp’s where one or two people cause it to fall apart by being inactive

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
I will have a couple of absences coming up, particularly in October. I might be able to post during one of them, but I'll likely have little to no posts for three nights from October 11-14 due to probably not having data for my phone in the location. (camping.)
I am leaving for around ten days to visit relatives on August 26th or 27th (I don't remember which). I will most likely be able to post during this time if I bring my laptop.
If I'm falling behind, please tag me.

@RenzFlintrock Ehh, not really. I've only played SMD, and it's not that much different.
I agree on not including looplets/emeras though. Some of them were really overpowered. (And I could see the Awakening Emera being a problem.)

One: okay, I haven’t played any of the PMD games... so... any changes from normal battles, ect, that I need to know for now?

Two: Also okay, I can see that.
No, battling is nothing too different from normal... it doesn’t hurt to have not played the games because basically I’m saying I’m not including some mechanics from the games. I would, however, familiarize yourself with orbs and seeds (these are items introduced in the PMD games that are very useful)

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Reviver Seeds, for example. They're useful and will appear plenty.

(Edited to avoid spamming.)

Last edited:

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
I'm serious though. Reviver Seeds will likely come up a lot, as I'm assuming that there's going to be plenty of fainted Pokemon. Same goes for the status removal seeds. (I just kinda wanted to be funny while providing extra info.)
I'll edit it anyway though. Don't want to get smacked in the face with a warning.

The inventory aspect and the different items are the biggest difference, it's overall very similar-- turn-based, moves mostly have the same effects and I won't fault you for using the standard effects since I have no memory whatsoever for which moves are different in PMD anyway.

Oh, also... question time, sorry Mango... orz... I assume hunger isn't held to strictly? Like, we just RP getting tired during long dungeons and eat Apples when we want to, or is there some other way you want to do it? Are thrown items and ranged moves a thing in this? :-O Lookalike items?