1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ask to Join Pokemon Masters League - Discussion

Discussion in 'Pokémon Role Play Discussion' started by Frontier Master, Aug 17, 2019.

1. @Captain Cardboard Raza is still pretending to be a human correct? Just wanted to make sure before I write my post

2. Yes indeed! Raza is still pretending to be a human.

3. @EeviumZ What sort of music does Talia make? Also, what are the names of some of her popular songs? Also also, how popular would you say some of her songs are? Just curious :D

Merciless Medic and Mango137 like this.
  4. @Captain Cardboard Never thought of titles, haha.
    Her fame originally began with her skill for covering video game OSTs, and eventually graduated to her creating her own pieces. She prefers creating upbeat music (though she does have the occasional emotional piece). And she's ridiculously popular.

5. Mango137

Mango137 Previously Lewish37

Haha both Shiori and Talia seem like the kind of people Acacia would know nothing about (though I’m sure they wouldn’t recognize him either)

Merciless Medic likes this.
  6. Lol, okay. Well, @EeviumZ lemmie know when you come up with what her Popular songs are called, and I'd also like to know what videogame OSTs she covered

7. I had a lot of fun writing the names for Talia's Pokemon, because I'm a musician myself and kinda had fun with the terms. In addition, all their names have a purpose:
    - Melody and Harmony are frequent partners - hence, Melody and Harmony.
    - Cadence is often Talia's last Pokemon used in nonformal battle, referencing the fact that a cadence in music is a passage that provides resolution to a song.
    - Aria's name refers to her signature move, Sparkling Aria.
    - Soprano and Treble both refer to their powerful Hyper Voices, which are shown to depict the user using a very high pitched voice - which is what the terms mean.

8. oh yeah, i was also kinda curious as to what genres + themes Talia covers, cause I'm honestly not sure if Atty would be familiar with her or not? If her compositions fall under mature pop, hip hop, heavy electronic, etc. then there's a good chance Atty would have heard her stuff and be a fan, otherwise probably not.

9. Mango137

I think other people should be able to start their battles in order to get things moving faster.

10. Yea, like maybe have multiple arenas and stuff.

11. I agree with Mango and Medic.
    Also, is it OK if Talia has an NPC opponent first?

12. Mango137

Why would she have an npc? I think I only had one because my opponent was inactive at the time

13. @EeviumZ Isn't Talia supposed to battle Shiori?

15. My only concern is that this is my first time with Mega Evolution and I don't want to accidentally abuse it against another user.
    The setup is fine, but please let me know if I'm taking it too far.

16. If you have issues with it, here's a tip:

Most Mega Evolutions, even though the Pokemon have been trained to Mega Evolve, the sudden surge of energy will hurt them mentally and physically. They can lose control and be unable to listen to their trainer anymore as they are more focused on trying to fight back the pain. Imagine overflowing a balloon with water until it is close to bursting. That's basically what happens to a Pokemon when it Mega Evolves, with the Mega Evolution energy being the water, and the Pokemon is the balloon.

With Altaria, when it Mega Evolves, it apparently becomes more sociable, less timid, and has a better soprano voice, which a regular Altaria's voice already puts people in a dreamy-like state due to how pretty it sounds. I believe the pain it undergoes through Mega Evolution isn't as much as other Mega Evolutions, but it is still quite hampering on their minds and bodies. They would have to go under extensive training to transform and to stay transformed and to get used to their newfound strengths and weaknesses as a Mega Altaria.

I don't know about the personality your Altaria has, but it could change upon Mega Evolving.

So basically, Mega Pokemon are a little harder to control due to numerous reasons, whether it be the Mega Evolution energy changing their personality or the energy actually hurting them to the point of becoming numb to everything and will fight until they exhaust themselves completely. I believe your Altaria won't go through too much pain. Although, it gets an increase in power and physical defense due to the rampant energy and extra fluff, but the speed, special defense, and stamina don't change. Just as long as you play this as so, then there won't be any problems. XD

If we do see some OPness, we will tell you :)

EeviumZ likes this.
  17. Got it, thanks a bunch. :)

18. I would actually liken the energy to being a sort of super power high the Pokemon feel that also hurts them. Even though it is hurting them, they try desperately to keep the energy from leaving their bodies so they can keep being strong and finish the battle for their trainer, which also causes them to be unable to hear commands and fight on their own accord. Well, most Pokemon go through this. This is most prevalent when a Pokemon isn't trained enough for Mega Evolution.

So it's basically a drug that lasts for the duration of a battle, which can last several seconds to possibly even 20 minutes if they end up lasting that long against 6 Pokemon at once (which is super difficult).

LegacyBladeworks and EeviumZ like this.
  19. @Frontier Master Is it okay if we have other people start their battles, to get things moving?

20. Yes, that should be fine

21. Shade got approved for a Mega Gengar, so I shall change up her sheet then :3

Mango137 likes this.
  22. @EeviumZ Literally this is such a great matchup for our characters, I am so excited :D

23. Yeah, I'm pretty hyped. Haven't done a battle in RPs for some time so I'm super excited.

24. @EeviumZ what does Talia's signature outfit look like?

25. I’m messing around with one of those character creators online, because I can’t decsribe things if I don’t have a mental image (I’m a visual learner).

26. gene_20190926_074953.png
    Something like this, maybe?

27. Mango137

So we’re just gonna have the npc’s abomasnow tank Acacia’s second strongest?

28. Didn’t u say you wanted a final showdown between mega blastoise and Empoleon?

29. Mango137

I don’t recall saying that, in fact I’d prefer if he didn’t even use his mega this round. However, you did say Abomasnow is “just a throwaway”

30. @Captain Cardboard It took me a second to figure out what "that move" was, but I get it now. No, that's not what Talia's up to. That's too obvious for her. Soprano doesn't even know Thunder.

31. Well ya I can see that now XD

32. I always had the gen 5 Gym Leader theme for Shiori.

33. Ok no worries Everest bout to be conquered

34. Soprano will likely faint fairly soon. Maybe within a few moves.

35. Groovy. It's also been five turns since the Lapras used her Rain Dance so it should be over, unless she was holding a Damp Rock for her held item.

36. hello, new to this, is it too late to get in on this?

37. Unfortunately we’re full

Foxex and Merciless Medic like this.
  38. dang, was hoping to be part of this.

well if there is ever an opening or a need of a multi- regional champion as a higher seed, count me in, ill be following your guys battles :)

39. @Foxex The RP “World Team Pokemon, Battles Between Regions” may interest you. :)

Merciless Medic and Foxex like this.