• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokemon Masters League - Discussion

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
I had a lot of fun writing the names for Talia's Pokemon, because I'm a musician myself and kinda had fun with the terms. In addition, all their names have a purpose:
- Melody and Harmony are frequent partners - hence, Melody and Harmony.
- Cadence is often Talia's last Pokemon used in nonformal battle, referencing the fact that a cadence in music is a passage that provides resolution to a song.
- Aria's name refers to her signature move, Sparkling Aria.
- Soprano and Treble both refer to their powerful Hyper Voices, which are shown to depict the user using a very high pitched voice - which is what the terms mean.

oh yeah, i was also kinda curious as to what genres + themes Talia covers, cause I'm honestly not sure if Atty would be familiar with her or not? If her compositions fall under mature pop, hip hop, heavy electronic, etc. then there's a good chance Atty would have heard her stuff and be a fan, otherwise probably not.

Ok everyone here is the tournament draw

L9S2uPX.jpg

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
My only concern is that this is my first time with Mega Evolution and I don't want to accidentally abuse it against another user.
The setup is fine, but please let me know if I'm taking it too far.

If you have issues with it, here's a tip:

Most Mega Evolutions, even though the Pokemon have been trained to Mega Evolve, the sudden surge of energy will hurt them mentally and physically. They can lose control and be unable to listen to their trainer anymore as they are more focused on trying to fight back the pain. Imagine overflowing a balloon with water until it is close to bursting. That's basically what happens to a Pokemon when it Mega Evolves, with the Mega Evolution energy being the water, and the Pokemon is the balloon.

With Altaria, when it Mega Evolves, it apparently becomes more sociable, less timid, and has a better soprano voice, which a regular Altaria's voice already puts people in a dreamy-like state due to how pretty it sounds. I believe the pain it undergoes through Mega Evolution isn't as much as other Mega Evolutions, but it is still quite hampering on their minds and bodies. They would have to go under extensive training to transform and to stay transformed and to get used to their newfound strengths and weaknesses as a Mega Altaria.

I don't know about the personality your Altaria has, but it could change upon Mega Evolving.

So basically, Mega Pokemon are a little harder to control due to numerous reasons, whether it be the Mega Evolution energy changing their personality or the energy actually hurting them to the point of becoming numb to everything and will fight until they exhaust themselves completely. I believe your Altaria won't go through too much pain. Although, it gets an increase in power and physical defense due to the rampant energy and extra fluff, but the speed, special defense, and stamina don't change. Just as long as you play this as so, then there won't be any problems. XD

If we do see some OPness, we will tell you :)

I would actually liken the energy to being a sort of super power high the Pokemon feel that also hurts them. Even though it is hurting them, they try desperately to keep the energy from leaving their bodies so they can keep being strong and finish the battle for their trainer, which also causes them to be unable to hear commands and fight on their own accord. Well, most Pokemon go through this. This is most prevalent when a Pokemon isn't trained enough for Mega Evolution.

So it's basically a drug that lasts for the duration of a battle, which can last several seconds to possibly even 20 minutes if they end up lasting that long against 6 Pokemon at once (which is super difficult).

dang, was hoping to be part of this.

well if there is ever an opening or a need of a multi- regional champion as a higher seed, count me in, ill be following your guys battles :)