• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokemon Masters League - Discussion

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Regardless of where the Brawly came from, if his opponent has beat him before last time, they have a better chance to beat him again.

And canon characters like this are really hard to play without giving them a headcanon that some people may not agree with, especially if you have to expand on a history that is kept hidden from us.

Also, he has a Hariyama in quite a few games. He has a Hariyama in the first, second, third, and fourth rematches in Emerald, and he has one in the Hoenn World Leaders and Fighting-Type Expert Tournaments in PWT in B2W2. If the two universes, one that has Mega Evolutions (with ORAS) and the other that doesn't (with Emerald and B2W2), are at least a little bit parallel without overlapping too much, I believe he would have evolved his Makuhita. Especially since we don't see him again after ORAS. So he would likely have a Hariyama sometime later, or already has one and just uses his Makuhita to fight people who are less experienced (like most gym leaders who have several different teams in different stages to go up against differently experienced trainers, which would honestly be smarter to do, as I think becoming a Gym Leader takes a bit longer than beating a Gym Leader and then taking over a spot right after the defeated Gym Leader, unless the process of becoming one was stated before in some medium we could use as reference).

Ah, thanks for highlighting this. With that in mind I think I can give him hariyama instead of makuhita, since he’s been seen with that as well, so that’s understandable.

And as far as people beating him before is concerned, I think you might have answered that when you stated that pokemon gym leaders use different teams pending on the trainer’s skill level they are fighting. So it makes better sense with that in mind.

An unevolved Pokemon violates the rules of this rp so either it’s evolved or you cannot use it.

the criteria/qualifications for participation involve being a trainer truly worthy of the title of master, a character who has journeyed far and wide to hone their skills. I can tell you that the second gym leader of a region does not fit these criteria. (This rp is not based on the Pokémon Masters smartphone game, it’s based on actual Pokémon Masters the likes of someone like Cynthia or Steven. Individuals who are at least at the level of regional champions.

Hariyama is now there instead of makuhita so that is solved.

So only those champion level or above are allowed to enter?

Ah, thanks for highlighting this. With that in mind I think I can give him hariyama instead of makuhita, since he’s been seen with that as well, so that’s understandable.

And as far as people beating him before is concerned, I think you might have answered that when you stated that pokemon gym leaders use different teams pending on the trainer’s skill level they are fighting. So it makes better sense with that in mind.

Hariyama is now there instead of makuhita so that is solved.

So only those champion level or above are allowed to enter?
Correct, only trainers of that caliber would receive invitations