• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokemon Masters League - Discussion

For her battles, I'm just going to say that Talia is "hiding something". If I do get accepted, I'll reveal that it's a Mega/Key Stone. If I don't, I'll reveal that it's a Z-Ring and Crystals. She has been to Alola, so Z-Ring/Crystals are feasible.
Works well cause alteria could be hiding the mega stone in the fluff

Ah, my Mega has not been approved yet. I'll likely will not be using it in this RP unless a miracle happens. XD will not be using the Mega this battle. Will still battle without the mega

that's fine, I'm in no massive rush to get to battling anyways. This week should be better and I should be more active, but whoever I end up battling I'll take a loss to help push the narrative forward.

@Mango137

Just to clarify, Weavile is using dig and also I think you may have missed the fact I used taunt after the first Swift
I realize it used taunt, but I’ve used two moves since then so it wore off, I was not aware of the dig. If you could specify what moves are included as part of the combos it would be really helpful cause I’m just left guessing. I had no way of knowing it went underground, it sounded most like slash or brick break.

Edit: I edited mine to acknowledge Weavile is underground, though it wouldn’t make much of a difference due to Luxray having x-ray vision (stated in dex entries) and I had to leave the Thunder as it was included in others’ posts.

Last edited:
I realize it used taunt, but I’ve used two moves since then so it wore off, I was not aware of the dig. If you could specify what moves are included as part of the combos it would be really helpful cause I’m just left guessing. I had no way of knowing it went underground, it sounded most like slash or brick break.

Edit: I edited mine to acknowledge Weavile is underground, though it wouldn’t make much of a difference due to Luxray having x-ray vision (stated in dex entries) and I had to leave the Thunder as it was included in others’ posts.
Two moves and it wore off?!
You were the one who thought that a sunny day would've Lasted 10 moves.
Consistency matters

Two moves and it wore off?!
You were the one who thought that a sunny day would've Lasted 10 moves.
Consistency matters
The effects of taunt last for two moves, you can look it up. Also I never enforced the effects of sunny day later on, I simply stated in the discussion thread that I thought it might’ve still been active and realized I was wrong. I would argue I am being extremely consistent rather than having a lack of it. I was not able or allowed to stretch the length of sunny day so I am not allowing the effects of taunt to be extended further. Inconsistency would be if I had accepted the lack of Sunny Day being extended and then allowed taunt to be extended.

I'd like to point out that Taunt only lasted 2 moves during Gen III. It got changed to 3-5 moves in Gen IV and then 3-4 moves depending on who moved first in Gen V and onward. So I'm guessing it would have been 3-4 if we are going with the more updated version of the move.

Edit: Also, Sunny Day can only last 5 moves or 8 if a Pokemon, who used Sunny Day, was holding a Heat Rock

If you want, I can edit the Thunder out. But moves, as seen in the anime, have a chance of hitting, even if the Pokemon is underground. I'm guessing the Electric attack didnt bend though XD

Edit 2: Oh, and I would also suggest what your Pokemon are using with all those combinations, Frontier Master. Even so much as just stating what the move is in parentheses, even though it can break the immersion of the post, can really help in the long run.

Last edited:
Also, @LegacyBladeworks, what does the kibble taste and smell like to a Pokemon with heightened taste and olfactory senses? And what does it feel like? Because I can surely tell you none of Shade's Pokemon have eaten kibble in years, no matter how expensive and refined it is. XD I won't say if Chu will like it or not, but I'd like to know beforehand before I make a post on that.

Chu's primary diet consists more of sweet things, like pancakes and Malasadas, to more natural foods, like berries, honey, and other such sweet delectable a mouse can find out in the wild.

Edit: and yes, apparently due to the diet of a Pikachu in Alola, it ate so many fluffy pancakes it became Alolan Raichu and now its cheek pouches smell like pancakes. XD Dex entries are fun

Edit 2: Just realized you just said Pokemon food instead of kibble. XD Whoops. What kind of Pokemon food is it then?

Last edited:
@Merciless Medic Sorry, I had to get to bed, so I couldn't answer right away.

The food he's offering to Chu is one of several types of food he has on him. It's got berries that are soft and sweet, almost like slightly larger sized grapes with a similar texture, some that would taste like a ripened peach that's skin has softened up somewhat, and freshly made Poffins. The Poffins texture would be akin to a muffin that just recently finished baking, soft and warm, with chocolate as the base detectable flavor and a strawberry filling inside.

He's also not expecting Chu to completely like it, but he had a feeling she'd like something that's sweet. Just kinda gauging what they like, since Jaden's unsure about their diet for obvious reasons XD For Chu, having heightened taste and olfactory senses, they'll be able to really taste the sweetness of the food, and since it's made with extremely high grade ingredients, they'll be very rich and filling to a Pokémon that likes it.

No problem! Yeah, Jaden doesn't get kibble for his Pokémon. His ripped clothing isn't actually to give off an aura of toughness, he just uses most of his money for his Pokémon. He'll wear his clothes out till they're completely unwearable and is forced to get new clothes, just so he can provide the best care and diet for his Pokémon. Same with his tech. It's a bootstrap life for him XD