• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokemon Masters League - Discussion

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
@Clunpsy
You have to privately message a moderator, with the following:
1) Up to date character bio
2) Method or obtaining the Key Stone and Mega Stone (not in the same place)

It’s pretty difficult. Once you have Mega Evolution perms, it is only applicable for the RP and OC that you applied with. It can’t be used for other characters unless you apply again.
Your character must also be sufficiently experienced. For example, a trainer who’s only been at it for a year and simply stumbled upon a Key Stone is unlikely to be accepted.
The Pokémon RP rules explain it better. I’d link it but I’m on mobile right now.

Name: Rivial Mardy a.k.a Riv
Title: Quake Master
Appearance: Semi-Dark skinned with green eyes and brown curly hair. Short but slim build.
Outfit: Wears a grey shirt and grey shorts, both with yellow lining. Wears grey trainers and glasses. Usually wears a cravat around his neck.
Home town: Slateport City, Hoenn

In-depth Backstory: As a kid Riv was not sure whether to become a pokemon trainer or not. After years of wondering, Riv got a Mudkip at 12 and set of on his journey to become the champion. He battled over 40 gyms in multiple regions in order to achieve his goal.When he returned to Hoenn he got a job as an excavator with the help with his pokemon. He took this as a chance of training his pokemon to the max. He also trained his ghosts pokemon by letting them battle in the buildings that were being destroyed.

Team Theme: Haunters and Diggers

Pokemon: Swampert (M)
Nickname: Doro
Ability: Torrent
Notes: Riv's starter Pokemon.

Pokemon: Golurk (F)
Nickname: Goremu
Ability: Iron Fist
Notes:

Pokemon: Excadrill (M)
Nickname: Kussaku-Ki
Ability: Sand Force
Notes:

Pokemon: Jellicent (F, Shiny)
Nickname: Kurage
Ability: Cursed body
Notes: Found as a frillish in the water main pipe

Pokemon: Palossand (F)
Nickname: Suna
Ability: Water Compaction
Notes:

Pokemon: Aegislash (M)
Nickname: Ken-no-tate
Ability: Stance Change
Notes:

All of the nicknames are Japanese. Just use translate
I going to need a MUCH longer and more detailed backstory for you to participate.
Take a look at some of the other bios and try to expand yours

@Mango137

I have stated before that 80% of those moves will not be used, regardless of me adding them in or not. Plus, with the addition of the mother being able to pass down egg moves as well, move combinations are a little easier to handle. The reason for all those moves is that they are actually all Level-Up moves with an addition of several TMs, HMs, Eggs, and Tutor moves that would make sense for that character to teach their Pokemon. Will those moves be used? No, not all of them. I know that it does look daunting, but even if I hadn't added the moves up there I would still have that list on a word doc that I would use for this. Plus, the Pokemon have their own battle strategies. Some prefer just using all attacking moves while others prefer to use some status moves to cripple their opponent. They will be using 4-8 of those moves constantly, while the others will be neglected or will be used for special situations. Plus, Shade doesn't like destroying people without an intense fight and won't use the obvious type advantageous moves to her advantage. This would ultimately be her downfall, but I honestly don't see her moving that far up the tournament bracket anyway.

In other words, she likes to toy with her opponents. She doesn't like to outright destroy them. And even if she did do that, that's a lot of moves she would most likely forget. Yea, she does train her Pokemon, her college and research work has stopped her from actually memorizing everything.

@Mango137

I have stated before that 80% of those moves will not be used, regardless of me adding them in or not. Plus, with the addition of the mother being able to pass down egg moves as well, move combinations are a little easier to handle. The reason for all those moves is that they are actually all Level-Up moves with an addition of several TMs, HMs, Eggs, and Tutor moves that would make sense for that character to teach their Pokemon. Will those moves be used? No, not all of them. I know that it does look daunting, but even if I hadn't added the moves up there I would still have that list on a word doc that I would use for this. Plus, the Pokemon have their own battle strategies. Some prefer just using all attacking moves while others prefer to use some status moves to cripple their opponent. They will be using 4-8 of those moves constantly, while the others will be neglected or will be used for special situations. Plus, Shade doesn't like destroying people without an intense fight and won't use the obvious type advantageous moves to her advantage. This would ultimately be her downfall, but I honestly don't see her moving that far up the tournament bracket anyway.

In other words, she likes to toy with her opponents. She doesn't like to outright destroy them. And even if she did do that, that's a lot of moves she would most likely forget. Yea, she does train her Pokemon, her college and research work has stopped her from actually memorizing everything.
@Mango137 is right, you’re listing too many moves. I will keep track of how many moves you use and if it gets too much. I’ll intervene and let you know. You are welcome to have your word document of possible moves but you cannot be using a ridiculous number of them in rp. Every move counts and I won’t tell you what I’m setting the limit too.

That goes for everyone.

Still having 30+ moves available is overkill, why wouldn’t you just do the moves they actually will use. The move limit is in the games and show because Pokémon have a hard time memorizing a large amount of moves so they need to forget old ones to learn the stronger ones. I understand we aren’t using the limit but to know that many moves would either mean your Pokémon are all geniuses, thus overpowered, or the strength of their moves is severely lacking due to them having to memorize so many.

Also I know there are two parents but the mother has to be the same species as the child so you can’t have egg moves from two Pokémon of different species

Last edited:
Well, I've done quite a few RPs with Merciless Medic and I can personally vouch that she is the least likely person to make her characters break the rules or rig them unfairly. She just likes to put in a lot of detail into her writings.

Well, I've done quite a few RPs with Merciless Medic and I can personally vouch that she is the least likely person to make her characters break the rules or rig them unfairly. She just likes to put in a lot of detail into her writings.
But this level of very specific information about ALL the moves the Pokémon could use just seemed wholly unnecessary especially after I told her not to post a huge over the top list of every single move her Pokémon were going to use. If she wasn’t planning on actually using 80% of the moves why make us read so much about those 80%. It could’ve just been ‘these are the main moves they are likely to use’ with the odd addition of ‘and here are some extra moves they might use’

But regardless now EVERYONE is on the same rules, I’ll keep track of how many moves are actually used and inform people if and when it gets too much

Okay, so I fixed up the move lists. They are shrunken down to only include the common and odd types of moves Shade's Pokemon will very likely use in the tournament. I do understand that there was no point to adding the 80% that's not going to be ever used in the official tournament, so I took out the ones that I knew the Pokemon will not use at all, due to them having moves that are low in power or moves that don't fit the battle style of that Pokemon.

I'll look back through after discussing my notes again and take out some more if need be.

Last edited:
And yes, Mango, my character's Pokemon have less experience with some moves and likely won't deal as much damage. Based on the Pokemon and their battle style and how likely they would have used the move at all in their life and if they specifically trained with it, I will say in-RP if that Pokemon looks like its struggling to use the move or if the move lacks polish, making it weaker. I even included some of those moves they would most likely use in the tournament in the list, but I didn't specify which ones are the ones that the Pokemon hasn't used much of. I will reveal that in the RP, and don't worry if you don't think I'll be trustworthy enough to keep it consistent. XD I usually like to keep consistency and continuity in my posts so, if I do end up making a mistake, it could just be that I honestly forgot and will make changes if pointed out or if I look back.

But I find it odd that you did assume that all will be used at full power. :/ I never stated that they had enough experience to use some of the moves I listed, but I guess that is my fault for not stating it as such.

Sorry about taking so much time. I've been working on detailing as much backstory for my character as possible. It's been taking some time because I started from scratch with a brand new character. My other OCs are a little played out, or in spite of being accomplished trainers, are far from being participants in this type of roleplay. I did finish my character up though, so here they are!

Name: Jaden Nutrova

Title: The Silver Kingpin

Appearance: 5 feet 11 inches, Average build, Light Olive Skin with Medium length Dark Black hair, and Green Eyes

Outfit: Long red tattered coat, ripped white shirt and equally ripped blue jeans, worn out steel toed boots

Home town: Cherrygrove City

Team Theme: Pokémon Caught or Evolved from Ones Caught on Mt. Silver

When he was younger, Jaden eagerly looked forward to the day he could become a Pokemon Trainer. His father would always tell him stories about adventures and Pokemon he had seen before bed, which instilled in his son a desire to see the world and what it held. Getting his wish when he turned 10, the young boy began his journey alongside his two friends, Declan and Seria. Travelling together for a good while, they trained and earned their first three badges alongside each other. Upon getting to Ecruteak City was when the happy adventure crumbled apart. Jaden failed his first gym challenge, Morty’s Gengar proving too much for him. Seria stayed behind with Jaden, but Declan opted to continue on his own. Before leaving though, he told Jaden that he might want to turn back if he was struggling this early on. Attempting to reason it was just bad luck, Jaden’s friend suggested he talk to his dad to find out the truth. Returning home, the young trainer intended to figure out what was going on.

Upon returning home to find out the truth, Jaden’s father with a heavy heart, admitted to his son that his stories were all lies. He had never been a Pokemon Trainer at all. From a young age, he had been ridiculed by those around him for being unable to form a bond with Pokemon. When he moved to Johto with Jaden, he did everything he could to set his son up to become a successful Trainer, so that the ridicule wouldn’t pass on to his son. Feeling betrayed by the constant lies he had been told, Jaden refused to be like his dad. He wouldn’t let people’s words stop him, or limit him to what he could do. With this new drive, he resumed his challenge, besting Morty the second time around and successfully defeating the rest of the gym leaders. The anger he had felt from being lied to never fully left him though, and it had begun at this point to manifest in his battling. After parting ways with Seria, having no voice of reason to hold him back, he began to gain a reputation as a brutal Trainer. When he next saw her and Declan at the Silver Conference, he was vastly different from the person they remembered.

Ruthlessly destroying his opponents, Jaden blasted his way to the Top 16 in the tournament. His next match was against his former friend, Declan. The two clashed with their ideals, and in the end, Jaden managed to narrowly win the hard fought battle. After the fight however, the two trainers ended up arguing about the match. Leaving with ill will between them, Declan begrudgingly ventured off to figure out what he would do next. Seria then met with Jaden, and attempted to reason with him, still saying she valued him as a friend and to let go of his anger. Refusing to let go of his plagued feelings, the Top 8 fight would see him pitted off against her. It was here that Seria would show him the error of his ways. In an emotional and down to the wire fight, the young girl managed to best him, leaving Jaden in disbelief. Accepting his loss, he thanked Seria for opening his eyes, and wished her luck in her Top 4 match. Now with his run at an end, he headed home to make amends with his dad.

After the conference, Professor Elm congratulated the three individually on their performance. He had spoken with Declan first, but informed Jaden and Seria that if they were looking for a further challenge, they could take on the Kanto Gym Leaders. Deciding to travel again together, the two made their way for the Kanto Region. Proving successful, they rocketed through the Gym Leaders, and eventually caught up with Declan. Still frustrated over the battle at the Silver Conference, he challenged Jaden to a fight, and this time handed him a loss. Seeing how his friend was walking down the same path he had been, he vowed to do what Seria had done for him. Making it to Top 8 in the Indigo League, Declan and Jaden were once again matched off against each other. In yet another close battle, Jaden managed to win over his friend. After the fight, they had a heart to heart, where Jaden apologized for the way their battle had gone at the Silver Conference. Declan apologized as well, and being able to patch things up, stayed to watch his friend fight in the Top 4. Making it one step higher, Jaden unfortunately lost to the Trainer who had defeated Seria in her Top 8 match.

After the Indigo League came to an end, having made it to the Top 4, Jaden was deemed a strong enough battler to be able to trek Mt. Silver. Having heard rumors of the strong Pokemon that lived on the mountain from people at the tournament, while Declan and Seria headed off to find their next adventures, Jaden decided to ascend the mountain. Making sure to equip himself well, he would spend a gruelling three years of training there, battling some of the toughest wild Pokemon in existence. When he decided to return, he had heard stories about a battle facility opening up in Olivine City. Curious, he ventured there to see what it was like, and potentially test the results of his training. The Battle Frontier proved to be just the challenge he was looking for, with some of his most intense battles yet. Managing to defeat most of the Frontier Brains, he prepared to take on Palmer, when he encountered a mysterious woman while at the Frontier. Upon exchanging introductions, he had unbeknownst to him, met Cynthia, the Sinnoh Champion herself. She had watched a few of his battles, and recommended that some of his Pokemon could get even stronger if he were to venture there. Not confident he could defeat Palmer just yet, with her advice, Jaden decided his next stop would be Sinnoh.

Proving himself once again, he victoriously triumphed over the Gym Leaders with little issue, and gained entry to the Sinnoh Conference. With some of his Pokemon having gained new evolutions he hadn’t known existed before, this newfound strength saw him make it all the way to the finals of the tournament. In a heart-racing final fight, he lost due to his opponent having knowledge of Mega Evolution, the boost in strength enough to turn the tides. Even though he didn’t come out as the victor, it was enough for Cynthia to extend him an offer. She mentioned her private villa in the Unova Region, and that many strong trainers owned houses there. Setting him up with a temporary home there, Jaden trained for half a year in the Unova Region, battling strong trainers from across multiple regions. Feeling more confidence in his abilities, he had become an even stronger Trainer. At the end of the six months though, Cynthia posed him a question. Why did he want to become stronger? When he mulled it over, Jaden couldn’t really think of why he had continued to fight. Leaving him with some words of wisdom, he travelled home to do some soul searching.

Coming back to Cherrygrove City, he spent some time with his father, and after a few days heard that Seria had returned from a trip to another region. When he went to meet her though, Jaden couldn’t believe what he saw. The girl he had known, was now feeble, meak, and sickly. Asking her what happened, she told him that before she met him and Declan, she had been diagnosed with a currently uncurrable disease when she was little. Doctors told her and her family, that she would never be able to go on a Pokemon journey, but she didn’t want to live her life without being able to see what was out there in the world. Telling him she returned home because she didn’t have much time left, Jaden contacted Declan, and the three of them reunited once more to spend Seria’s last days together. After she passed away, Jaden thought he could handle the loss better knowing it was going to happen. He had never felt more wrong in his life. Retreating to Mt. Silver, he went into isolation with his Pokemon, and began training again to forget the pain. He would this time remain on the mountain for five years, thinking and reflecting while continuing to train with his Pokemon. After long hours of contemplation, he finally found his reason to become stronger. He would see the places that Seria hadn’t been to. Battle the trainers she never got to. His new purpose, was to experience a fulfilling adventure for as long as he could, to honor her memory as a respected Trainer and his close friend.

Pokémon: Gyarados
Ability: Intimidate
Item: Life Orb

Pokémon: Mismagius
Ability: Levitate
Item: Focus Sash

Pokémon: Tyranitar
Ability: Sand Stream
Item: Weakness Policy

Pokémon: Tangrowth
Ability: Chlorophyll
Item: Assault Vest

Pokémon: Rapidash
Ability: Flash Fire
Item: Heat Rock

Pokémon: Bronzong
Item: Leftovers

Sorry about taking so much time. I've been working on detailing as much backstory for my character as possible. It's been taking some time because I started from scratch with a brand new character. My other OCs are a little played out, or in spite of being accomplished trainers, are far from being participants in this type of roleplay. I did finish my character up though, so here they are!

Name: Jaden Nutrova

Title: The Silver Kingpin

Appearance: 5 feet 11 inches, Average build, Light Olive Skin with Medium length Dark Black hair, and Green Eyes

Outfit: Long red tattered coat, ripped white shirt and equally ripped blue jeans, worn out steel toed boots

Home town: Cherrygrove City

Team Theme: Pokémon Caught or Evolved from Ones Caught on Mt. Silver

When he was younger, Jaden eagerly looked forward to the day he could become a Pokemon Trainer. His father would always tell him stories about adventures and Pokemon he had seen before bed, which instilled in his son a desire to see the world and what it held. Getting his wish when he turned 10, the young boy began his journey alongside his two friends, Declan and Seria. Travelling together for a good while, they trained and earned their first three badges alongside each other. Upon getting to Ecruteak City was when the happy adventure crumbled apart. Jaden failed his first gym challenge, Morty’s Gengar proving too much for him. Seria stayed behind with Jaden, but Declan opted to continue on his own. Before leaving though, he told Jaden that he might want to turn back if he was struggling this early on. Attempting to reason it was just bad luck, Jaden’s friend suggested he talk to his dad to find out the truth. Returning home, the young trainer intended to figure out what was going on.

Upon returning home to find out the truth, Jaden’s father with a heavy heart, admitted to his son that his stories were all lies. He had never been a Pokemon Trainer at all. From a young age, he had been ridiculed by those around him for being unable to form a bond with Pokemon. When he moved to Johto with Jaden, he did everything he could to set his son up to become a successful Trainer, so that the ridicule wouldn’t pass on to his son. Feeling betrayed by the constant lies he had been told, Jaden refused to be like his dad. He wouldn’t let people’s words stop him, or limit him to what he could do. With this new drive, he resumed his challenge, besting Morty the second time around and successfully defeating the rest of the gym leaders. The anger he had felt from being lied to never fully left him though, and it had begun at this point to manifest in his battling. After parting ways with Seria, having no voice of reason to hold him back, he began to gain a reputation as a brutal Trainer. When he next saw her and Declan at the Silver Conference, he was vastly different from the person they remembered.

Ruthlessly destroying his opponents, Jaden blasted his way to the Top 16 in the tournament. His next match was against his former friend, Declan. The two clashed with their ideals, and in the end, Jaden managed to narrowly win the hard fought battle. After the fight however, the two trainers ended up arguing about the match. Leaving with ill will between them, Declan begrudgingly ventured off to figure out what he would do next. Seria then met with Jaden, and attempted to reason with him, still saying she valued him as a friend and to let go of his anger. Refusing to let go of his plagued feelings, the Top 8 fight would see him pitted off against her. It was here that Seria would show him the error of his ways. In an emotional and down to the wire fight, the young girl managed to best him, leaving Jaden in disbelief. Accepting his loss, he thanked Seria for opening his eyes, and wished her luck in her Top 4 match. Now with his run at an end, he headed home to make amends with his dad.

After the conference, Professor Elm congratulated the three individually on their performance. He had spoken with Declan first, but informed Jaden and Seria that if they were looking for a further challenge, they could take on the Kanto Gym Leaders. Deciding to travel again together, the two made their way for the Kanto Region. Proving successful, they rocketed through the Gym Leaders, and eventually caught up with Declan. Still frustrated over the battle at the Silver Conference, he challenged Jaden to a fight, and this time handed him a loss. Seeing how his friend was walking down the same path he had been, he vowed to do what Seria had done for him. Making it to Top 8 in the Indigo League, Declan and Jaden were once again matched off against each other. In yet another close battle, Jaden managed to win over his friend. After the fight, they had a heart to heart, where Jaden apologized for the way their battle had gone at the Silver Conference. Declan apologized as well, and being able to patch things up, stayed to watch his friend fight in the Top 4. Making it one step higher, Jaden unfortunately lost to the Trainer who had defeated Seria in her Top 8 match.

After the Indigo League came to an end, having made it to the Top 4, Jaden was deemed a strong enough battler to be able to trek Mt. Silver. Having heard rumors of the strong Pokemon that lived on the mountain from people at the tournament, while Declan and Seria headed off to find their next adventures, Jaden decided to ascend the mountain. Making sure to equip himself well, he would spend a gruelling three years of training there, battling some of the toughest wild Pokemon in existence. When he decided to return, he had heard stories about a battle facility opening up in Olivine City. Curious, he ventured there to see what it was like, and potentially test the results of his training. The Battle Frontier proved to be just the challenge he was looking for, with some of his most intense battles yet. Managing to defeat most of the Frontier Brains, he prepared to take on Palmer, when he encountered a mysterious woman while at the Frontier. Upon exchanging introductions, he had unbeknownst to him, met Cynthia, the Sinnoh Champion herself. She had watched a few of his battles, and recommended that some of his Pokemon could get even stronger if he were to venture there. Not confident he could defeat Palmer just yet, with her advice, Jaden decided his next stop would be Sinnoh.

Proving himself once again, he victoriously triumphed over the Gym Leaders with little issue, and gained entry to the Sinnoh Conference. With some of his Pokemon having gained new evolutions he hadn’t known existed before, this newfound strength saw him make it all the way to the finals of the tournament. In a heart-racing final fight, he lost due to his opponent having knowledge of Mega Evolution, the boost in strength enough to turn the tides. Even though he didn’t come out as the victor, it was enough for Cynthia to extend him an offer. She mentioned her private villa in the Unova Region, and that many strong trainers owned houses there. Setting him up with a temporary home there, Jaden trained for half a year in the Unova Region, battling strong trainers from across multiple regions. Feeling more confidence in his abilities, he had become an even stronger Trainer. At the end of the six months though, Cynthia posed him a question. Why did he want to become stronger? When he mulled it over, Jaden couldn’t really think of why he had continued to fight. Leaving him with some words of wisdom, he travelled home to do some soul searching.

Coming back to Cherrygrove City, he spent some time with his father, and after a few days heard that Seria had returned from a trip to another region. When he went to meet her though, Jaden couldn’t believe what he saw. The girl he had known, was now feeble, meak, and sickly. Asking her what happened, she told him that before she met him and Declan, she had been diagnosed with a currently uncurrable disease when she was little. Doctors told her and her family, that she would never be able to go on a Pokemon journey, but she didn’t want to live her life without being able to see what was out there in the world. Telling him she returned home because she didn’t have much time left, Jaden contacted Declan, and the three of them reunited once more to spend Seria’s last days together. After she passed away, Jaden thought he could handle the loss better knowing it was going to happen. He had never felt more wrong in his life. Retreating to Mt. Silver, he went into isolation with his Pokemon, and began training again to forget the pain. He would this time remain on the mountain for five years, thinking and reflecting while continuing to train with his Pokemon. After long hours of contemplation, he finally found his reason to become stronger. He would see the places that Seria hadn’t been to. Battle the trainers she never got to. His new purpose, was to experience a fulfilling adventure for as long as he could, to honor her memory as a respected Trainer and his close friend.

Pokémon: Gyarados
Ability: Intimidate
Item: Life Orb

Pokémon: Mismagius
Item: Focus Sash

Pokémon: Tyranitar
Ability: Sand Stream
Item: Weakness Policy

Pokémon: Tangrowth
Ability: Chlorophyll
Item: Assault Vest

Pokémon: Rapidash
Ability: Flash Fire
Item: Heat Rock

Pokémon: Bronzong
Item: Leftovers
Accepted

Ok everyone here is the tournament draw

L9S2uPX.jpg

@Clunpsy we will begin our battle once you post an updated bio

Everyone feel free to start whenever you would like

I dont mind whether or not the Mega is in play or not. I'm flexible. If I don't hear about my Mega stuff at the end of the weekend, I'll just go along like normal. Then once its approved, Shade will just have Gengar equip the Mega Stone and Shade pulls out her Key Stone to denote she's now being serious in the middle of the tournament (not the middle of the battle but ya know)

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
For her battles, I'm just going to say that Talia is "hiding something". If I do get accepted, I'll reveal that it's a Mega/Key Stone. If I don't, I'll reveal that it's a Z-Ring and Crystals. She has been to Alola, so Z-Ring/Crystals are feasible.